The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#76 2006-12-29 01:14:27

wildwolfstudio
Website

Re: Spirit Of the Wolf From Wild Wolf Studio

Hey all,

I'm sorry to inform I'm fighting with the print has we speak cuz of then taken their dear sweet time to get the job done, so I hate to do it but I'm pushing the release back untill next month some time, sorry for the long ass wait ya'll

Sincerly,
Sean C.

Last edited by wildwolfstudio (2006-12-29 01:15:37)

Have a howling good time with Wild Wolf Entertainment http://www.wildwolfent.com/

#77 2006-12-29 04:26:58

WolfMontana

Cool, thanks for the update! big_smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#78 2006-12-29 17:06:24

The Busboy
Administrator

Thank you for the update, and happy new year Sean! 
P.S. Are you going to be at Wizard World Chicago this summer?

#79 2006-12-30 01:55:36

wildwolfstudio
Website

Si yo TsuNaLi (hello friends),

yeah busboy I'll be in artist alley in chicago. now on a side note I'm taken off in june to go do a right of passage for my people (Cherokee), I'm going to walk the Trail of Tears ( or has my people call it "The Trail where we cried" ) I'll be gone doing that for about a month & a half seeing how the trail is about 1,200 miles long across seven states, so I'm sure to come out of there with some good stories to tell.

Happy new year all,
Sean C.

Last edited by wildwolfstudio (2006-12-30 01:57:16)

Have a howling good time with Wild Wolf Entertainment http://www.wildwolfent.com/

#80 2006-12-30 09:20:29

Grigio
Website

Wow...that sounds like an amazing journey you're going to undertake in June.  I wish you the best on your rite of passage.

Looking forward to your comic's release in January.  Happy New Year!

#81 2006-12-30 11:10:58

The Busboy
Administrator

That sounds so awesome Sean, you'll definitely have to post about that.  I told you before that I was part Cherokee too, right?

#82 2006-12-30 17:20:16

wildwolfstudio
Website

yeah busboy I seem to remember talking to you about it in chicago, did you know that within the cherokee nation if you have one drop of their blood then you are concider a whole cherokee not just part, me on the other hand is I was to get techical on my blood quantam I'm 1/4th cherokee from my dad's side but with my mom's side in the mix I'm about 3rd. yeah some of my best memories are from the time I've spent on the reservation in the summers I use to spend every summer in Cherokee,N.C. so that's where alot of the inspiration for my comic come from. apart of the culture is the art of storytelling we use it for entertainment, teaching, & insight . but anyways before I begain to ramble on about the finer points of the culture I'm going to wrap this up. I will most definatly post about my trip when I get back from it & I'll let ya'll know when I get something straighted out with the printer

Last edited by wildwolfstudio (2006-12-30 17:22:45)

#83 2006-12-31 00:44:52

WolfMontana

smile All the best to you on your journey!!

#84 2007-01-01 21:41:58

The Busboy
Administrator

Cool post Sean, thank you.

#85 2007-01-04 04:54:33

wildwolfstudio
Website

hey all,

I thought since I posted last abit about my cherokee culture I would share some of the apache culture that is also apart of my heritage so here are some pics of my ancestors and distant cusins ok so first off

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/wildwolf24892/WWmangas.jpg
my great great great Grandfather Mangas Coloradas, he was principal chief of the Chirichua Apache nation, father-in-law to Chief Cochies (my great great unlce through marriage).

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/wildwolf24892/WWcochise2.jpg
Cheif Cochies, my great great Uncle through marriage to Mangas Coloradas's Daughter, he was know has a great cheif,peace keeper, & man of his word.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/wildwolf24892/taza.jpg
Cheif Taza (or Tahza) eldest son of Chief Cochies , Grandson of Mangas Coloradas, my 4th Cusin, he assumed the duty of cheif after the death of his father and remained cheif for 2 years until his untimly death in Washington D.C. where he is buried in the Congressinal Cemitary.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/wildwolf24892/naiche.jpg
Naiche (or Naches ,Nachez) Youngest son of Chief Cochies(my 4th Cusin) , he became cheif of the chirichua's after the death of his older brother Taza until his death in 1921 at the reservation in Mescalaro,NM

ok that is just some of my family History that comes from the Chirichua Apache side of my family all of the above were very close friends to Geronimo, Victorio, & Juh (all other apache chiefs from other tribes). it's from this wealth of history & culture that I was raised in and where I find the inspration for my stories in the Spirit of the Wolf books, on that note I have just gotten word from the print that the reason there was a delay was that there printer has bee out of comission and they've been working to get it back in order so when I know something new I'll fill ya'll in. Also I'm switch the books to a bi-monthly book instead of a monthly book cuz of conflicting schel. problems, ok that's about it for now take care all & I hope your new year was well

Sincerly,
Sean C.

Last edited by wildwolfstudio (2007-01-04 05:01:05)

#86 2007-01-04 13:52:36

The Busboy
Administrator

Great post Sean, thatnk you for sharing all of that, that's very cool.

#87 2007-01-04 19:38:59

Grigio
Website

That was very interesting.  I looked up the biographies of Mangas Coloradas and Chief Cochise on wikipedia.  They were great men who suffered terrible injustices. 

Now I'm really looking forward to Spirit of the Wolf to see how your heritage is presented in your comic!

Last edited by Grigio (2007-01-04 19:39:41)

#88 2007-01-04 20:52:05

wildwolfstudio
Website

hey all yeah I'm very proud of my heritage and where I come from the main thing to remember about my book though is that it's not another steryotypical native american hero (no apache chiefs,thuderbirds or tontos  here lol) he's just an everyday guy that just happens to be native american, that just has some bad luck (or good luck depending on how you look at it lol) but yeah my heritage plays a huge roll in this book and the stories that I'll be telling, in fact there are some characters from native american myths that will begain to show up starting with issue #3 not to be giving away too much but (*cough* Coyote *cough* lol) also remember I'm also releasing exclusive tee-shirts soon. well that's it for now. take care & all that good stuff

Sincerly,
Sean C.

p.s. for abit of fun do you see the family resembalance between Taza & I  http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/wildwolf24892/taza.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/wildwolf24892/Joshlonghair.jpg

#89 2007-01-05 02:50:46

Siverwolf

Yes, I see the resembalance, especially around the eyes.  Heh.
This all sounds really neat and intesting.  You do very good work.  I 'm looking forward to see the t-shirts and stuff also.  *grins*

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#90 2007-01-05 04:23:23

BlueEyesWolf

Neat photos and story, Sean C.

#91 2007-01-05 11:49:44

The Busboy
Administrator

T-shirts, cool, please keep us posted on that.

#92 2007-01-13 09:16:27

wildwolfstudio
Website

hey all,

I heard from the printer and they just about got their printers back up and running so just has soon as they do the books will be printed,
also I'm currently work on designs for tee-shirts too, plus I got a fe other things in the works at the moment that I'll be announcing soon well take care all and I'll update ya'll again soon

Sincerly,
Sean C.

Last edited by wildwolfstudio (2007-01-13 09:17:03)

#93 2007-01-13 14:46:41

The Busboy
Administrator

Thank you Sean!

#94 2007-01-18 23:50:24

wildwolfstudio
Website

Hey all,

the printer is back & running , I got the proof ordered and has soon has I ok it, the book will be ready for ordering I will post a link when it become accessiable to me, on other news I'm putting the final touchs on the tee-shirt designs & I'm working on a deal for another merch. thing, well that all for now, I'll have more later ttyl

Sincerly,
Sean C.

#95 2007-01-19 22:52:28

WolfMontana

big_smile Sweet dude, thanks for all the news, and the awesome photos of your ancestors!

#96 2007-01-19 23:12:52

RedStreak

wildwolfstudio wrote:

hey all yeah I'm very proud of my heritage and where I come from the main thing to remember about my book though is that it's not another steryotypical native american hero (no apache chiefs,thuderbirds or tontos  here lol) he's just an everyday guy that just happens to be native american, that just has some bad luck (or good luck depending on how you look at it lol) but yeah my heritage plays a huge roll in this book and the stories that I'll be telling, in fact there are some characters from native american myths that will begain to show up starting with issue #3

I do like how you stayed subtle there and wasn't stereotypical as you stated.  I am planning to take the same approach with my Anubis: Guardian of the Tomb regarding cultures outside the white-American norm.  I am just glad when they did show the 'Apache Chief' in the new Justice League cartoons they gave him a better name and more personality.

wildwolfstudio wrote:

*cough* Coyote *cough

Ah, by that lil remark I assume you're talking about those old Coyote comics being rereleased by...what was it...Image or something?  I found 'em refreshing albeit a decade out of date (the talk on Soviet Union blatantly gives that away).  I'm curious on your perspective on them since, aside from Spirit of the Wolf, I can't recall too-many original (and respectable) comics with Native American heroes.

I am eager to see what your new stories will hold. smile

"Let the trails lead where they may, I will follow"
-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#97 2007-01-20 00:54:40

BlueEyesWolf

I like your insights on other Native American characters, Red.

#98 2007-01-20 11:30:21

wildwolfstudio
Website

Red Streak, no I didn't mean the Steve Gerber I think is who created it coyote. the Coyote I'm introducing is the one of native american myth & legend he is the trickster whom stole fire and gave it to man just to piss the other spirits off lol there is alot of stuff online about his myths & they will give you an idea of what type of character will be in the mix, or you can go to like blockbuster or some movie rental place and rent a movie called dreamkeeper and there some of the coyote lore there (& yeah I like the portrial of apache cheif in the new jsa I think it was more respectful towards natives) . on another note of the book still waiting to get the proof on the book it might be in next week so that's about it for the moment, now I go to go finish getting ready to head to t.n. tt ya'll later

Sean C.

Last edited by wildwolfstudio (2007-01-20 11:32:18)

#99 2007-01-20 20:51:52

Grigio
Website

Cool...I rented Dreamkeeper last year and it was an excellent movie.  I really enjoyed it.  I remember the legends about Coyote and Spider in the movie were really funny.

Good luck with your comic.  I can't wait for the issue when Coyote makes an appearance big_smile

#100 2007-01-22 00:43:58

wildwolfstudio
Website

Grigio wrote:

Cool...I rented Dreamkeeper last year and it was an excellent movie.  I really enjoyed it.  I remember the legends about Coyote and Spider in the movie were really funny.

Good luck with your comic.  I can't wait for the issue when Coyote makes an appearance big_smile

yeah Coyote & Ikotomi the spider are made out to be the butt of the moral jokes at times, other times made out to be heroes or tricksters but yeah Dreamkeeper is a great movie (one that I'm proud to own!) but yeah the Coyote issue (#3) will be out in time for Wizard World Chicago (July). the first issue will drop in a couple weeks. one thing I want to stress is that each book is a story into it's self but on somethings that the books deal with it helps to read each book but it's not required to enjoy each issue so it's going to be one of the few books that you can jump on to at anytime and not feel like you got a complete story (although each book has a central plotline that long term readers will catch but news can pick up on after a couple books ) yeah it's abit of a throw back to the way books were done during the silver age of comics (more story next to no adds ) has such I'll also be running the old letters to the editor page if enough mail is sent in. well that be enough on the rambles for now will have more soon so check back later on

Sincerly,
Sean C.

Board footer