The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#101 2008-11-12 22:32:40

Darkblood

Re: Do you believe in werewolves? If so why?

i do believe in werewolves.
I'm not certian how they came to be, but one of my many ideas is that long ago, all humans could transform into different creatures. After we evolved and moved into towns and cities, we lost our need to transform so most people forgot how to. Now only certain people remember who to transform and they pass it down to others, but not all.

You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because your the same.

#102 2009-02-23 12:56:12

chaotic wolf
Website

Of my opinion, I think that were's do exist, perhaps since I would think myself one. Overtime, some people tend to notice certain things that others wouldn't even have considered, and when you show them your point of view, which is encompassing many areas of thought, a very WIDE range of knowledge and supremely concise, they get freaked out, because they see that you possess a nearly animalistic matter-of-fact view. You will either be respected or feared because of your animal thinking. I have done this on several accounts. Also, it as behavioral links that can't ever be unbinded. I have noticed this one as well. But, as I can't provide solid, valuable, concrete truth to any of my statements, except from the personal accounts and reactions of people, then you may certainly debunk what I hold as an evident truth.

funny thought: whenever I don't have meat in relatively large quantities, I have found holes in my tongue where I have bitten myself overnight. This one tongue wound lasted for over two weeks until I increased my meat intake drastically. It made me laugh when I realized this. Plus, for a note, I purposefully decreased my meat intake because I was slightly alarmed in my own behavior when I did have my "were" thoughts. I was afraid of myself and wanted to decrease that behavior. Little did I know that I would eat my tongue while I slept... DX Man, I couldn't talk right for two weeks while that happened because the rightside of my tongue went numb, as it was the area where I had been biting in my sleep.

hehe... still makes me amused big_smile

Last edited by chaotic wolf (2009-02-23 12:57:32)

Chaos is but a state of mind.... Entropy is what rules us all.

#103 2009-02-24 00:37:48

Fuzzball
Website

chaotic wolf wrote:

Overtime, some people tend to notice certain things that others wouldn't even have considered, and when you show them your point of view, which is encompassing many areas of thought, a very WIDE range of knowledge and supremely concise, they get freaked out, because they see that you possess a nearly animalistic matter-of-fact view.

And try explaining doing/not doing a lot of things on instinct WITHOUT getting labeled as flaky.

We are all animals, my lady.  Most are to afraid to see it!
Darkness, from Legend

#104 2009-02-24 06:50:14

chaotic wolf
Website

hmm

you got me there... i get that a lot as well...

Chaos is but a state of mind.... Entropy is what rules us all.

#105 2009-03-24 08:02:30

donpablo

i do beliven in werewolf if there wasn't then were did the guy get the werewolf genes?
look here:
http://meta-religion.com/Zoology/Oddities/werewolf.htm
i only using this as a example

#106 2009-03-24 17:34:33

Fuzzball
Website

That's nothing to do with wolves and everything to do with genetic quirks.  Before understanding that, people assumed that such individuals were not entirely human (same with humans born with more/less than 10 fingers/toes, a tail, etcetera).

Darkness, from Legend

#107 2009-04-15 22:27:15

LunarWolf900

To answer the topic question:
I don't believe in physical shifting. I'm not even sure I believe in aura shifting. I'm the kind of person who has to see proof to believe it.
I do however believe in the idea of a cryptid that looks like a bipedal wolf-like creature running around in Wisconsin.
No, I've never met someone who claimed to be a werewolf. If I did I'm sure they'd think I was annoying because of all the questions I'd ask XD.

1f j00 c4n r34d 7H1s j00r Br33D1n' pR1V1L3g3s r h3R3By r3v0k3d

#108 2009-04-16 20:24:31

Fuzzball
Website

Welcome to the League Of Annoying Questioners.  Chief Questioner and Athenian Gadfly Socrates presiding.

Darkness, from Legend

#109 2009-04-20 13:48:26

knightmares

I believe in them because when ever I hear about them or talk about them I get a feeling deep in my gut telling me that they exist.

There are always things that go bump in the night that you don't know about.

#110 2009-04-20 13:49:28

immortal_design

Of course I do. It's a long story but I've looked into it and have teh oh-so-wonderful AND horrible gift of truth. Not only that but I'm posotiver I've seen one...

<--(o///o)--<<-

#111 2009-04-20 21:49:01

Fuzzball
Website

"If you believe in werewolves
and I hope you do
you'll always have a friend
howling at the moon"

Darkness, from Legend

#112 2009-04-22 17:54:22

wf

I accept that certain monster myths resonate, much as Jungian archetypes have been believed to resonate, for certain individuals. Figures from the Horror genre (monsters) represent, or embody, actual fears for many people. For others, these figures echo deeply held yearnings.

#113 2009-04-30 17:43:54

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

I find I do feel that werewolves exist. As stated above though I think they lie within the collective unconscious as archetypes. The concept of wereanimals has permeated through out all human history though out all time.  Because of the connection to the collective unconscious it could be seen that if someone could tap into that system they could become a werewolf, although I think it would be limited a mental change. For those that do experience this change, to them they may be inclined to feel a physical transformation.  Recently in physics it is being discussed that atoms are not structured until they are interpreted. If that is the case the reality of the individual who changed may in fact involve the physical change, but for a third party the change will only be viewed as a mental one because their reality states that the person in front of them is a person, even if it is their wish to see the change. So I believe that they do exist on some level. In the collective unconscious of everyone and by individuals'  realities that they create through interpretation.

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#114 2009-04-30 18:41:12

wf

Though I believe these "monsters with myths" to operate similarly to Jungian archetypes, my impression is that these monsters frighten (or attract) people because the monsters in some way embody real world fears (or desires). The fictional werewolf shown in "The Wolfman" (the myth's classic film version with Lon Chaney, Jr) is represented as a somehow disenfranchised individual, the nobleman's younger son or the despised "ignorant" gypsy. The disenfranchised individual feels powerless to aim anger where it belongs and in a rational fashion. A seemingly disconnected event, the full moon, sets off an animalistic (irrational) fury aimed at random victims. This mythic werewolf figure represents society's fear regarding lashback violence from it's disempowered members. Those attracted to this werewolf figure could feel themselves to be in some way disempowered, or they would feel sympathy for the downtrodden.

#115 2009-04-30 18:42:51

wf

Oh, and I hold similar theories for vampires, mummies, etc. Is time weighing heavily for me or what?

#116 2009-04-30 22:26:30

Fuzzball
Website

Go ahead!  Wait...what do you mean by time weighing heavily?  Mortality?

Vindicator wrote:

Recently in physics it is being discussed that atoms are not structured until they are interpreted. If that is the case the reality of the individual who changed may in fact involve the physical change, but for a third party the change will only be viewed as a mental one because their reality states that the person in front of them is a person, even if it is their wish to see the change.

Mmm.  Conditional reality.

wf wrote:

This mythic werewolf figure represents society's fear regarding lashback violence from it's disempowered members.

Like rednecks.

Darkness, from Legend

#117 2009-04-30 23:35:18

Vindicator
Website

Fuzzball wrote:

Mmm.  Conditional reality.

I find the whole concept very intriguing. The author,  Michio Kaku wrote about this theory briefly in his book, " Hyperspace: A Scientific Odyssey Through Parallel Universes, Time Warps, and the Tenth Dimension. " It is written for lay audiences and is very fascinating. Like the field of Anthropology it spans both hard and soft sciences, Kaku tries to combine psychology and quantum physics. This ties in very well with the concept of werewolves as I said above how the mentality of the individual  creates there reality.

#118 2009-04-30 23:37:19

Fuzzball
Website

I'm putting that book on my Shelfari list.

Darkness, from Legend

#119 2009-05-01 08:51:39

bdk336
Website

Ooooo! I love talking about psychology, count me in. (would write more but don't have the time at the moment)

#120 2009-05-03 22:42:24

Vindicator
Website

Psychology is fascinating. The thing I find even more fascinating is how a lot of quantum physics is working on describing reality which in turn explain the psychology of interpreting and understanding reality through the human mind. Its absolutely amazing how much the brain is capable of. Which is one of the reasons why I think that if someone was able to take hold of something like the werewolf they may in fact become one in their own constructed reality.

#121 2009-05-04 13:57:12

wf

I accept that thought (whatever that is, exactly) may directly influence physical reality (same qualifier as for thought) under certain special conditions.

#122 2009-05-04 17:05:34

Vindicator
Website

The conditions would have to be highly controlled and there would be no way of really seeing physical evidence since the events would occur within their own constructed reality. In my opinion though there is the possibility for a werewolf transformation, but it is highly improbable. I would say the chances of it happening is like the a hyperbola it gets infinitely close to zero but never reaches it.

Last edited by Vindicator (2009-05-04 17:08:26)

#123 2009-05-04 21:43:28

Vindicator
Website

The Event of changing into a werewolf has had its ups and downs through out history. For example the constructed reality of the Middle Ages. Within that reality there were werewolves in many places. Eventually the reality changed and they faded now the reality construction is changing again with a move back to them.  At the time of the big bang, you are correct in saying that the reality changed but at that time there wasn't any conscious beings to construct a reality. The idea though of werewolves has been around as long as conscious beings have been around on Earth, and because of their prolonged appearance in history it isn't a far leap to say it is in the collective unconscious and that it comes and goes in the consciousness of society.  I tend to ramble, so I hope that makes sense. wink

Last edited by Vindicator (2009-05-04 22:33:08)

#124 2009-05-04 22:45:45

Vindicator
Website

Every living being manipulates their individual realities and those they come into contact with. It just happens that conscious ones tend to do it more, and on levels above the self.

#125 2009-05-05 20:27:46

Fuzzball
Website

Vindicator wrote:

At the time of the big bang, you are correct in saying that the reality changed but at that time there wasn't any conscious beings to construct a reality.

Or all was one.  After all, if neither matter nor energy are indeed destructible but instead shift back and forth, everything has always existed in one form or another.

Hey -- did I just say that everything is a shapeshifter?!  Whoah...

Last edited by Fuzzball (2009-05-05 20:29:12)

Darkness, from Legend

Board footer