The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#351 2007-02-21 23:57:01

Siverwolf

Re: Who's got a bit of wolf in them?

Black_Fur wrote:

Got bitten too, on the nose and I was bleeding...it was my fault tho...

But back to topic having wolf in us, does some of you sometimes have this urge to leave everything behind and go live in the woods? You know get rid of everything and only using your senses to survive?

Oh yes, all the time.  I love wilderness survival.
I feel like it's very important to me to spend time in the woods, as far back as I can get.  I am not afraid of getting lost.  I often spend weekends out in the Blue Ridge Mountains which practically is in my back yard, "so to speak".  The more I'm in the woods; the less time I am sick or ill or stressed.
I'd much rather go out with some freinds but most people I know don't like it???  hmm
Now, here lately, I have my dogs to go with me.  I'm happy about that cause I won't be so lonely by myself.  big_smile

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#352 2007-02-22 17:54:00

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

You guys are lucky...I live in a big city where there are few natural spots. Of course we have that big hill but we can still hear the traffic, smell the pollution and see it! mad You walk into the woods and you find much trash...the great natural spots are miles away...

I too wish that my family would come but they would not. I'm a loner in the city and I guess that I would be a loner in the woods too it seems...

WolfVanZandt wrote:

But I'm one of those Therians with autoimmune problems. I keep about three random inflammations going at any time. The only times I've noticed that they go away are during long campouts.

I've got a couple of allergies (dust, carpet, pollen) but when I get the chance to go to the woods, the first hour I cough, sneeze, my ears and ears itch but after all is well! It's like my body cleaned itself or something...I breathe better, my senses are sharper (than usual wich is something because as I'm aging, my senses are getting sharper by the day!). But let me ask you, is it due to our therian side? I mean that urge to leave everything behind to live in the woods or any other place peaceful like Loop said?

And I want to share something with you guys, it's a bit weird but what the heck...many people can move their ears voluntarily, and it's funny tongue, I can't. But evrytime I go to the woods, my ears move. Not like an animal because it would probably hurt lol. But I mean if I'm walking in the woods and I hear a sudden sound behind me, my ear will move in the direction where the sound was heard. It's not a big move, it's like my ear lobe will kind of...I dunno, it just moves. Did it happen to any of you? It was no hallucination or imagination, I swear. I know it's weird but what can I tell you. Everytime I go to the woods. Is it due to my therian side or something else?

#353 2007-02-22 20:41:07

Siverwolf

Yeah, I hates trash, but I don't mind salvaging aluminum cans for scrap metal here and there.

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#354 2007-02-22 21:35:15

WolfVanZandt
Website

When I was a kid, all my friends wanted to spend as much time as possible in the woods. Now, kids want to play computer games. It's natural for Humans to want to spend time in the wilderess. Humans aren't normal any more. I don't think it's particularly a Therian thing.

#355 2007-02-22 21:53:04

Howlitzer
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

You know, I don't think I knew a kid while I was growing up, that didn't get bit by a dog. Most of them deserved it well. I was bitten in the throat by a dog that had been hit by a car and I was carryng him out of the highway.

yeah...I haven't been bitten by a dog...I've *almost* been bitten several times before, but I was quick to avoid it, I learned early on that dogs seem to naturally not like me, and I try to keep that in mind so I'm not taken by surprise when one goes bezerk in my presence...

when I was 5 or 6 the neighbor's rather large german shepherd came up out of nowhere and tackled me, then stood on my chest and barked and growled in my face for a couple minutes...yeah, lots of fun hmm...

It might seem like I just was traumatized by that incident and am imagining this because I developed a fear of dogs, but things like that have happened to me a few more times, without provocation, from complete strangers' dogs...for example:

-while riding my bike downtown, a golden retriever jumped out of some guy's car across the parking lot, ran up beside me, jumped and hit me at about shoulder level, knocked me off my bike, and completely destroyed one of my wheels and put a large gash in my elbow.

-while rollerblading down the street from my house , a white malamute or something came out of nowhere, knocked me down, and started trying to rip my foot off (fairly hard btw) by the toe of the rollerblade...yelling and klunking him in the head with the other foot seemed to effectively stop him...

-last summer I was doing some landscaping, unloading the mowers from the trailer, and a good sized, short haired dog of some kind came galloping from down the street,  slammed into my side and knocked me over, then started jumping around and barking down at me. By this time, having grown a bit since the last two events I told, I quickly got up and started yelling back, which seemed to scare him off.

Last edited by Howlitzer (2007-02-23 01:03:59)

#356 2007-02-22 23:41:28

WolfMontana

Geez, the throat? Ouch. Did you bite him back?? %) Did he survive, I hope so.

When I lived in Hawaii a guy from our area was walking his new dog, so I got to meet him with a bunch of kids. Then later, walking around by myself, I saw the same dog (doberman) down, chained to a clothesline out the back of the dudes house.

So I walked down the hill and went to say hi to the dog. It completely freaked out (guess he didn't like me moving in on his territory wink, started growling, snarling, pulling on the chain. I started to run up the hill, next thing I knew he broke free and bit me right on the butt. wink  Highly embarrassing. big_smile

Re - ears moving. Yeah, I get that sensation quite a bit.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#357 2007-02-23 00:30:07

something.....?
Website

I almost got killed by a wolf when I was 10.

Right, kick ass. Well, don't want to sound like a dick or nothin', but, ah... it says on your chart that you're gently caressed up. Ah, you talk like a cigarette, and your shite's all retarded. What I'd do, is just like... like... you know, like, you know what I mean, like...

#358 2007-02-23 10:06:45

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

WolfMontana wrote:

Re - ears moving. Yeah, I get that sensation quite a bit.

Only in the woods or just anywhere? Thank god someone replied to this 'cause I sort of regret asking...tongue

#359 2007-02-23 13:35:36

Quint the Wanderer
Website

I was bitten a few times, but not by a dog. One of our cats had a habit of attacking suddenly, even though just a second ago it was enjoying being petted.

Forests and outside... Well, I do live on the edge of a small town, with small woods around. It is nice to walk around, but, because of a little problem I have with my feet, I can only go when there's enough snow (considering this year's winter, it's not very often). That, or trying to go barefoot, which is something I don't want to risk.

Moving ears... I can move them quite a bit, though the left one less. And I get that moving ears sensation anywhere, anytime I hear something suddenly.

The question is mightier than the answer.
The difference between chaos and order is just in the point of view.

#360 2007-02-23 19:34:35

BlackWolfDS
The Fur-Covered Biologist

Was bitten by a large German Shepherd. Tore the skin on my shoulder....dang that hurt.

#361 2007-02-23 21:12:24

Siverwolf

My ears twitch back and forth all the time anywhere that I'm at.  I don't thinks it that appearant but I can feel them when it happens.  They move on their on but I can make them move myself if I wanted to.  I guess most anyone can twitch their ears a little if they wanted to.  Don't think it's a Therian related thing but only that you are just aware of it more (twitching, movement with sounds)  than other people.
Also, my ear lobes are attached to the side of my head.  I don't have ear lobes.  Well, I do have them they are just attached. 
If that makes any sense..... He, he!  tongue

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#362 2007-02-23 21:26:35

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

Perhaps it's because when I enter the woods, I leave all of my inhibitions behind, like I abandon myself to nature. So I guess I'm able to use my full physical potential. Because in the city well, I'm pretty stressed and like most people I set barriers of all sorts, physical, mental...

Siverwolf wrote:

Also, my ear lobes are attached to the side of my head.  I don't have ear lobes.  Well, I do have them they are just attached. 
If that makes any sense..... He, he!

lol What do you mean "attached"?

I guess none of us can really associate anything with therianism, huh? tongue

#363 2007-02-23 21:45:36

Howlitzer
Website

I think Siverwolf is talking about this:

http://library.thinkquest.org/C0118084/Gene/Genetic_variation/examples_files/earlobe.jpg

the ear on the left has an "attatched" ear lobe, while the one on the right is free. Most of the time you'll see a free ear lobe. This is because the attached ear lobe trait is recessive, much like blond hair and blue eyes. Both parents must have the gene in order for the trait to appear in their children, but even then it may not happen if the dominant gene is present from one of the parents.

Strangely enough, having five fingers on each hand is recessive... the six-finger gene is, in fact, a dominant trait, and yet it's much less common...

#364 2007-02-23 22:44:27

BlackWolfDS

Howlitzer wrote:

Strangely enough, having five fingers on each hand is recessive... the six-finger gene is, in fact, a dominant trait, and yet it's much less common...

Strange....I just heard about that today o.o

#365 2007-02-23 23:58:09

WolfVanZandt
Website

It's rare that any distinctive group of people can solidly nail down their differences. "Racial" differences (please note the quotes) are typically in terms of predominances.

Some of the predominances of Therianism seem to be physical asymmetry, "hot" immune system, dyslexia, shovel teeth, problems with static electricity (?!). There may be a slight structural difference in the ankles and wrists - I would like to look into that.

#366 2007-02-24 01:02:41

Howlitzer
Website

uh...shovel teeth? hmm

I missed that one. Please explain.

#367 2007-02-24 02:54:00

BlueEyesWolf

Please do, WolfVanZandt!

Howlitzer wrote:

Six fingers??? Have you really seen people with six fingers, Howlitzer?

#368 2007-02-24 07:39:30

Howlitzer
Website

Actually I have. A kid that used to live down the street from me had to have them removed shortly after he was born. His little sister, however, did not have the extra fingers removed.

#369 2007-02-24 11:39:24

BlackWolfDS

WolfVanZandt wrote:

It's rare that any distinctive group of people can solidly nail down their differences. "Racial" differences (please note the quotes) are typically in terms of predominances.

Some of the predominances of Therianism seem to be physical asymmetry, "hot" immune system, dyslexia, shovel teeth, problems with static electricity (?!). There may be a slight structural difference in the ankles and wrists - I would like to look into that.

If your saying what I think your saying, I think I have 2 of the one's us described.

#370 2007-02-24 13:16:06

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

What do you mean by "hot" immune system? Do you mean that you are more predisposed to infections or viruses? Allergies? I myself do have shovel teeth, but I thought only indigenous people had them...did you notice these differences (articulations) in other therians?

Howlitzer wrote:

uh...shovel teeth?

I missed that one. Please explain

If I'm right (correct me if I'm wrong WVZ) the back of your front teeth (canines too I think) is shaped like a shovel instead of being straight, square, flat like most people.

#371 2007-02-24 14:02:12

Howlitzer
Website

hmm

okay...you mean most people's teeth don't have grooves or indents on the back?

If that is what you mean....then my front teeth, especially my top ones, are like that I guess, they dent in a bit and you can feel small vertical grooves that become more prominent up near the gumline... my bottom teeth, I have no idea, they're too crooked in the front to tell ::curses greedy orthodontist::

If that is what you were talking about with the teeth, then I think I have 3 of the things you described. My feet do look slightly different, but that's probably because I've smashed my toes to oblivion...however I do have an overlapping rib on my right side, and my hairline isn't exactly symmetrical. I've definitely got the problems with static, that's for sure.

I don't know what you mean about the "hot" immune system. Personally, my immune system is really good. I'm almost never really sick, and when I do get sick it's nothing compared to when somebody else I know gets the same thing. When I had tonsilitis, they didn't even have to take the tonsils out, although they did almost kill me with the penicillin.

And you might have something there with a difference in joint structure. The bones in my wrist stick out kind of weird, and my elbows are built a bit different... they physically can't hyperextend because the end of the Ulna is bigger than normal, which is an advantage I suppose because I'd be much less prone to elbow injuries.

Last edited by Howlitzer (2007-02-24 16:51:53)

#372 2007-02-24 14:30:39

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

Howlitzer wrote:

okay...you mean most people's teeth don't have grooves or indents on the back?

Kind of yes, maybe WVZ can provide a better explanation than I...lol I suck at this! wink

#373 2007-02-24 18:36:37

WolfVanZandt
Website

Okay, no, I didn't notice the shovel teeth thing. I believe that was Coyote that brought it to my attention. The incisors and, sometime, canines are the ones. Shovel teeth are concave in back and they have a little horizontal ridge at the bottom. If you run your nail down along the back of a shovel tooth, it will click over the ridge. The teeth can be spade shaped but are most commonly squared at the top like a square shovel. Not all Therains have them but it's much more common than in the general population. It is also fairly common in the Native American ppulation, in a small racial group in the Appalachian mountains, and in Neanderthal fossils.

Everyone is asymmetrical to some degree; with many Therians, it's to a large degree - one eye is a strikingly different color than the other, one ear is much larger than the other, one leg is much shorter. My hair grows much faster on one side of my body than the other.

Another thing. THere seems to be a much higher proportion of levo- and ambidextrous people in the Therians community. Thatmay simply be that Therians don't try quite as hard to be like every body else. I don't know why it is.

At some point in most Therianss
live, their immune system revs up. That's what I meant by a "hot" immune system. They tend to fight off disease organisms exceptionally well. Unfortunately, they also tend to have autoimmune diseases such as arthritis, gastrointeritis, adult onset diabetes, and lupus erythematosis. They may have allergies but the most common trigger is infection. After the Therian's body fights off the infection, it doesn't know when to stop and goes after body tissues.

#374 2007-02-24 19:01:13

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

I see. I do have shovel teeth, about that asymmetrical thing, I do have a leg much longer than the other, wich causes me some back pain, knee pain...grrrrrrrr....the hair, I only noticed that on one side of my head, I really have trouble keeping it straight! lol

I'm rarely sick but I do have arthritis once in a while. But I changed my diet a bit, I was a sugar junky before, that's what caused my arthritis! One summer I was so affected that some days I was paralysed with pain! I cut back on sugar and the arthritis was gone. Thank God! Now it happens once in a while but nothing severe.

You mentionned that there could be differences in the ankles and the wrists, could there be for the knees too? And the lenght of the shin compared to the lenght of the thighbone...

#375 2007-02-25 00:34:28

BlackWolfDS

I have shovel teeth along with very long canines. big_smile
And as for immunity system, mines strong. I will get sick once and rarely twice a year. When I am sick it's only for a few days. The sickness that's been going around, everyone has been sick from 2 weeks to a month where as I was over it in 3-4 days. I do though however have asthma and very small allergies which I have acually grown out of. I used to be allergic to cats and dogs and now I am not ^^
I'm not really sure what levo- is though...

Board footer