The Fur-Covered Biologist

Re: Who's got a bit of wolf in them?

Uh....righty here then.

#378 2007-02-25 15:17:28

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

Righty too, but you know these are things that have been noticed. I mean, common for therians but common does not mean that ALL have these. A therian may have all of them, or just a few. It depends on many things, your environnement, heredity, life style etc....

#379 2007-02-25 19:11:25

Howlitzer
Website

I'm lefty with writing and drawing (most precision-oriented things), but righty with throwing and punching (most strength-oriented things).

Then with pretty much everything else, it's hard  to tell. Sometimes I'll be lefty, sometimes righty, sometimes both are equal, and sometimes I honestly won't be able to figure out which hand to use.

so...I'm not quite ambidextrous, I can't just switch hands all the time.

Last edited by Howlitzer (2007-02-26 16:51:40)

#380 2007-02-25 21:35:52

LoupGarouAngel
Website

I can't use my left hand for anything,I don't know why but it shakes really bad whenever I try to hold a pencil or something small.I have the shovel teeth to,but I have to say i'm symetrical...I think?

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#381 2007-02-26 02:03:49

Howlitzer
Website

ok, now I'm just confused....hmm

with shovel teeth....you mentioned the back of the tooth being concave with a horizontal ridge at the bottom (near the gumline I presume, not the tip.), and I'm assuming you mean that normal teeth are typically flat in the back....

my teeth are concave in the back, they dent in like you said, but with multiple vertical ridges running from the gumline down the center of the tooth, and there is a bump, but it's not exactly a horizontal ridge that your fingernail would "click" over, it's more of a bump near the gumline that smoothly goes down the middle into the concave part.

I mean, that sounds kinda like a shovel...but not the type you're talking about

it's more like this: http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/plasticismylife/images/Suncast_Corporation_Deluxe_Snow_Shovel_Pusher_Garden_Tools-resized200.jpg

rather than this: http://www.bulldogtools.co.uk/products/premier_contractors_range/Shovels/small/5221022850.jpg

...okay, I'm done.

can anybody shed some light on this?

Last edited by Howlitzer (2007-02-26 02:12:32)

#382 2007-02-26 10:05:23

Quint the Wanderer
Website

Funny how things like teeth came to attention. I never even thought about how I have them shaped until now. Mine do seem concave with a "bump" at the tip.

What exactly is meant by ambi-dexterious? I do prefer to use my right hand mostly, but with a need I can swith hands. Like when soldering, sometimes I find I need to connect wires that I can't get to from the right, but turning around the circuit itself would hide the spot I need to see. So I take the soldering iron into my left hand and continue on. I just can't write with my left hand, and mabye a few other things that need practice that I haven't tried yet.

The question is mightier than the answer.
The difference between chaos and order is just in the point of view.

#383 2007-02-26 15:50:11

Confused Wolf
Queen of the Zombies!
Website

My teeth are exactly the same as Howl described.

I'm ambidextrous! It can be pretty useful sometimes! big_smile

My pet zombies hate your guts, but love your brains! big_smile

#384 2007-02-27 02:31:24

WolfVanZandt
Website

Yeah, Howl, that's the kind of shovel I'm talking about, and there s variation among shovel-teeth, as rare as they are.

Ambi-dextrous means that you can use either hand for fine motor activity - and there are degrees of ambidexteriity. Research indicates that ambidexterity may actually be levodexterity in someone who has successfully tried to adapt to a right-handed world. You are eitherleft- or rightlobe dominant. One way to tell which is to look at something with both eyes open and cover it with your thumb held at arm length. Close each eye in turn. The eye that can still see the object is dominant. If you're right eye dominant, then you're left lobe dominant (neural pathways cross over to the opposite lobe of the brain. It's lobe dominance that's important.

#385 2007-02-27 02:47:20

Howlitzer
Website

ah...yeah. The left-brain vs. right-brain thingy...

there is something called balanced brained though....I should know, I found out some time ago that I am neither right nor left dominant. That includes the dominant eye test...it doesn't seem to work for me, I get a different "dominant" eye every time, if any at all...

#386 2007-02-28 02:22:43

WolfVanZandt
Website

That's right. Very rarely there are people that don't seem to have any particular dominance. That's much rarer than ambidexterity, though.

#387 2007-02-28 17:27:47

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

Is it me or do therians seem to be more supportive and caring than the non-therians? (Most, not all). I mean more sensitive to others needs? I myself am pretty caring for others, but I was raised that way. Tho most therians I meet are also very caring people...others are just big "meanies" but they are rare.

What do you guys think?

#388 2007-02-28 22:31:52

LoupGarouAngel
Website

I am caring to my friends,but very mean to my enemies,not to their face though cause that is rude.I just don't think nice things about them,but it takes a lot to become my enemy.But I would agree that many therians a pretty nice,I always have the feeling that I have to "Protect" my friends and act very on guard when we are out.

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...

#389 2007-02-28 23:22:15

WolfVanZandt
Website

I think that most Therians are very caring AND can also be very mean at the same time. They don't play games so their honesty can often cut and, also, they will jockey for dominance. Honestly, if you've ever seen a dcumentary on wolves and you look at a Howl or a group of Therians who live together, it's hard to miss the similarities.

#390 2007-03-01 12:27:41

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

That's it, we don't play games. In general I'm very nice but don't push my buttons because I can be very mean and "volcanic"... lol But that's the problem, I get angry very easily...I'm working on it but it's hard...but in general I'm pretty sweet and caring.

LoupGarouAngel wrote:

I always have the feeling that I have to "Protect" my friends and act very on guard when we are out.

Same here. I got in trouble for that many times tho... tongue But I'm like this also for animals. Too often I've seen people beating the crap out of their pets and man...I wanted to kill them!

I've seen documentaries on wolves, some were heart breaking...can't get rid of that image of a wolf hunter shooting a bullet in a wolf's head...a painful howling and blood...but back on topic, in all groups there is a struggle for dominance.

I've never been to a Howl...what goes on there?

#391 2007-03-01 19:05:03

WolfVanZandt
Website

Pretty much the kinds of things that go on in any gathering. The SEHowls usually focus on outdoors stuff - camping, hiking, rockclimbing, eating, campfire stuff. I'm going to be doing some rock colecting next week. We have had some seminars on, for instance, shamanic topics. We've had a sweatlodge and some other "bonding rituals".

#392 2007-03-01 19:09:27

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

Oh! Sounds nice!

#393 2007-03-01 21:21:43

WolfVanZandt
Website

Montreal?! We have a SEHowler from Onterio. She's getting over some kind of illness this time. All you Canadians oughta get together en mass and come down next year. Although I guess it would be as hard for Onterio and Alberta to get together as it is for Onterio and Alabama.

Last edited by WolfVanZandt (2007-03-01 21:23:42)

#394 2007-03-02 09:33:03

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

I'll have to get a passport...

#395 2007-03-03 10:41:47

Loop

Black_Fur wrote:

And I want to share something with you guys, it's a bit weird but what the heck...many people can move their ears voluntarily, and it's funny tongue, I can't. But evrytime I go to the woods, my ears move. Not like an animal because it would probably hurt lol. But I mean if I'm walking in the woods and I hear a sudden sound behind me, my ear will move in the direction where the sound was heard. It's not a big move, it's like my ear lobe will kind of...I dunno, it just moves. Did it happen to any of you? It was no hallucination or imagination, I swear. I know it's weird but what can I tell you. Everytime I go to the woods. Is it due to my therian side or something else?

I can twitch my ears voluntarily. I think it's a trait thing. Either you can or you can't, kinda like if you can roll your tongue or not. I used to think I can't move my ears, but then discovered that I could a few years back.

Sometimes, when a there's a loud or sudden noise, my ears move a little, just like you said. I believe it's only a natural reaction, but I don't really know anything about these stuff.

If 'transform' is to change your form, then does 'transparent' means changing your parents?

#396 2007-03-06 22:50:01

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Same here,mine move at a sound and voluntarily.

#397 2007-03-11 16:04:31

CatWolf4891

A bit of the wolf, eh?  Well, I already know I have a bit of something else.  As for the wolf...I suppose there are certain things that could be related, though blended with the "something else."  Sometimes I do have a good eye for things when I least expect it, and I had good hearing a long time ago.  Sometimes when I smell something enticing or strange I may start to sniff around for it like an animal, wanting to find it.  I do growl when I'm ticked off or just frustrated.  I may sometimes growl differently than a wolf...but I always have a burning feeling in my throat, an urge to cry out, to howl.  I wouldn't really call the small group of friends I have a pack for me (since its mainly dysfunctional), but I still stay close.  When I'm alone and safe, and very anxious or wily, I let the animal out in me and find a desire to let myself be bare and roam around on hands and knees, growling and playfully searching.  Most of the time the animal is my "something else", but occasionally, when I feel more wild and wishing to get away, I know I feel more wolf than any.  This happens often when the moon is full.  I also feel this way more often during the night, when there's a restlessness or surge of energy in me that won't allow me to sleep, that I have to act out.  A last thing that makes me feel that I do have a bit of wolf is the amount of dreams related to it as well.  I normally hope its a dream of me becoming my "something else", but I end up having more dreams becoming a wolf/werewolf than others, and when I do, It feels so wonderful and releasing.  When I wake up, I feel disconnected to everything in the RL world most of the beginning of the day cause my mind and feelings is still connected to the dream, to the animal that had some time to be free.
Like I said, I feel this way most of the time when I think its the presence of the wolf or my "something else" (Which I'm pretty sure you guys might've  figured it out by now big_smile )  But I'm not sure if most of that can be more wolf related than the other.

The Full Moon to humans is just a rock; The Full Moon to me is a symbol of freedom and release
A Howl to humans scare them; A Howl to me is a harmonious song...
And I Howl back.
I am SUCH the Romantic big_smile   Awwoooooooooo!

#398 2007-03-11 19:17:08

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Cool Catwolf!You said early that you believe to have some feline also?What makes you felineish?

#399 2007-03-12 00:47:09

CatWolf4891

Hehe, well; the reasons for that I have hopefully aren't too cliche.  Felines were technically what got me into the Were world, adoring there forms and lifestyles.  What made me realize I had some cat in me was how affectionate I can get when I'm around people.  I'm also a bit independent even though I don't mind company at times.  And I can also be a very lazy little thing, enjoying laying under the sun when possible.  I also have a thing for staying clean as possible...though personally everything else around me is a mess lol
But another thing is that when I don't feel much like a wolf...I feel more like a cat.  When I start to feel wild my cries or verbal sounds come out as mews and purrs when I feel...frisky wink .  And it annoys the hell out of my friends :p    And I guess since I ended up doing more feline Were/Anthro artworks and stories, it was just something that got bigger and natural smile

The Full Moon to humans is just a rock; The Full Moon to me is a symbol of freedom and release
A Howl to humans scare them; A Howl to me is a harmonious song...
And I Howl back.
I am SUCH the Romantic big_smile   Awwoooooooooo!

#400 2007-03-13 01:38:46

WolfVanZandt
Website

Heh, for Werefans, there are just Werewolves. For Werewolves, there is Werevariety.

At this SEHowl, there was Werewolves, Werecoyotes, Werelions, Weredragons, a Werejaguar, and a  WereBear/Wolf/Lion. In the past we've had Werebears, Weredeer, Weredogs, Werepanthers, Werelizards, and...........I'm leaving someone out......

Board footer