The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#176 2006-12-17 04:09:00

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Who's got a bit of wolf in them?

Empathy is the ability to pick up subtle clues off your surroundings and make sense (usually subconsciously) out of them. Each object (hummns, dogs, trees, rocks) have their own language. Each individual has their own language - that's why people who live together or a long time start completing each other's statements. So, to communicate empathically, you have to learn a new language for every oen and everything you communicate with.

For very familiar humans, it's easy - they have very similar equipment and they're most familiar with human empathic language. The further you get from familiar humans, the harder it is and the more it's required to learn a new language. Therians seem to have a knack for picking up and understanding new and very different empathic codes quickly and effectively.

So a Therian can check out a rock and say, "Someone has been sitting here," as if the rock "told" them (It did). Or they can look around and say, "It's going to rain this afternoon," because the earth told them that.

But they have to be exposed to the empathic languages they're reading - Therians that never do anything but watch TV will be no better at it than a mainstreamer.

#177 2006-12-17 13:03:37

ShadowHawk

If you have good empathy, is it because you are smart or you have a certain instinct that allows you to be empathic?

A lot of people say that asking What if? is a waste of time.  But I can't help but wonder, What if the moon didn't exist?

#178 2006-12-17 13:44:11

WolfVanZandt
Website

Forgive the use of "Empathic genius". I'm a rehabilitator, which means a kind of educator and it's common today for educators to talk of "multiple intelligences". There's an "interpersonal intelligence" and a "musical intelligence" as well as a "numerical intelligence". If there is an "empathic intelligence" and you consider that a form of "smartness", then compared to other humans, Werewolves are smart in that way. That says nothing of academic intelligence or logical intelligence, and, yes, there is an intuition there. We're hardwired to be better empathically than they are, just like they're hardwired to be better linguistically than we are.

#179 2006-12-18 22:31:42

LoupGarouAngel
Website

I'd have to agree with that,none of my peers will pick up on things and details that I do.Your very helpful WOlfvanZandt!

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#180 2006-12-18 23:00:30

nachoboy
The nacho-lovin' lycanthrope

yeah, man, wvz, totally. thanks for all the info. but yeah, i totally do the same thing, lou! like actually, i can tell when my bro is about to pound on me (he attacks me for no reason) so now, he thinks that if he attacks me at random times, i will be surprised, but i can tell by how he is standing and how he jus is, i guess... like based on the vibes i get from him, and i can dodge his punches/kicks/trips/chairs/thrown banangas/whatever. it's great.

"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-O-Meal."

DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
check me out at deviantart: djnacho.deviantart.com

#181 2006-12-18 23:25:44

BlackWolfDS
The Fur-Covered Biologist

Two of my friends try to pounce on me. They usually fail though. Once I'm clear, I pounce back that them. Oh and I can also tell when my dog has done something wrong. It's really weird..... well weird for the rest of my family anyway.

#182 2006-12-19 06:15:54

Siverwolf

Yeah, I can "feel" if someone or something is watching me, wether it be human or animal.  It's hard for anyone to fool me and get by but it does happen sometimes especially when I am distracted.  It's hard for anyone to surprise me because in that moment I'm wondering hmmm.... something is out of place???

When I had my dog Jacup, who is now deceased.  I knew what he was thinking about and Jacup knew what I was thinking about.  That was without any verbal comments.  It's easy for me to distinquish an individuals personality in that way.

Siverwolf.

Last edited by Siverwolf (2006-12-19 06:18:19)

Homo - Lycanthropus

#183 2006-12-19 15:08:41

nachoboy

or like for the last forever, i've been able to tell who people are by the sound they make when they jingle keys on a keychain. like, i'll be the only one home, and my fam from outa state will be in and have like keys to our house or sumthin, so there'll be like 8 differnt people it could be jinglin their keys, and i'll jus be like, "oh that's so-and-so" based solely on what the key-jingle sounded like. i feeak out my fam like that a lot.

DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!

#184 2006-12-19 16:41:32

Howlitzer
Website

Same here, only not key jingles, usually it's the way their feet sound, but that's not too hard because it's either my dad's boots, my mom's sneakers, my gramma's slippers, or my nana's dress shoes, and occasionally my friend from down the street who just wanders into the house from time to time. I can do it with our cars sometimes when I'm waiting for a ride at school, but that's not too hard because it's only 2 cars to remember.

The thing that freaks my family out is I can always tell when one of our cats is at the door or a person is at the door, without them knocking. I'll be in the dining room during dinner, and for no apparent reason I'll get up, walk into the other room, and sure enough when I open the door, a cat will be there. Or I'll be doin my homework and be like "The chinese food is here!" without even looking, usually just before they knock.

This is the same kinda thing I guess, does anybody else ever just know when someone in a crowded room is saying something about you, even if you can't really hear over the noise or they're whispering? In class I'll be minding my own business, and suddenly it's like someone rang a bell, I'll turn around be able to tell who it is even if they're across the room whispering. It's not paranoia, because 99% of the time I'm right and they were saying something about me.

Last edited by Howlitzer (2006-12-19 16:46:26)

#185 2006-12-19 18:00:12

nachoboy

yes yes yes, very yes. all the time that happens to me. people are always surprised when i am like "why you talkin bout me again?" and they're like, "wow, he could hear us?"

DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!

#186 2006-12-19 22:22:36

Siverwolf

I wish it were possible that you could smell things like a blood hound.  You could sniff out anything and know where it has been or who had it or be able to sniff for tracks on a trail.  That would be neat.  smile

I often smell for scents on mail packages and other stuff and can tell where or who brought it but I have been wronge.  Last package it was from someone who smoked and had colonge.  So I knew it was from a man.  Mabe my brother?  No it was from my father-in-law.  tongue

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#187 2006-12-19 22:33:51

BlackWolfDS

I can do that with clothing and things around the house. It's pretty cool ^^

#188 2006-12-20 08:21:48

something.....?
Website

I can do that with people. If he smells like dead rats STAY THE HELL AWAY. Last time I went close to a guy wo smelled like that, he broke my nose.

Right, kick ass. Well, don't want to sound like a dick or nothin', but, ah... it says on your chart that you're gently caressed up. Ah, you talk like a cigarette, and your shite's all retarded. What I'd do, is just like... like... you know, like, you know what I mean, like...

#189 2006-12-20 09:26:56

BlackWolfDS

Yeah...I know what you mean. The bad people tend to smell like rotting things... yuck.

#190 2006-12-20 22:32:24

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Intresting thing happened to me yesterday while shopping with my mom.We were going through stores on this plaza that are only connected by an outside sidewalk,it was bout 9 and I had my head down and was thinking when a feeling of fear crawled into my mind and I snapped my head up to see this guys slowly pacing and smoking and talking to himself.All my senses went crazy at once and I pushed my mom to go faster as the creep watched us and whispered about how he hated women,yeah not a good time to be a 5"4 girl with her mom.The feeling stayed with me then went away when he left,I didn't see him leave cause we were inside the store,but I knew he was gone.A time I was very thankful for being a therian.

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...

#191 2006-12-20 22:40:56

Siverwolf

Oh, yes, I've been struck with fear such as that before.  A sense that you know when someone is up to no good.  I'd get far, far, away!

It's like when you are around other people you can feel like tingley sensations in the air or enviroment around you to where you are aware of what is negative energy and what is positive energy.

Not just with people but also in certain places, I tend to avoid.

Siverwolf.

Last edited by Siverwolf (2006-12-20 22:42:37)

Homo - Lycanthropus

#192 2006-12-21 08:10:59

something.....?
Website

There are werewolf hunters in my town (Yep. I gotta be afraid of idiots with shotguns everytime I go to sleep. One more reason why I want to move to the city.) And I get that off them. They smell like dead wolves. Don't wanna know why.

Right, kick ass. Well, don't want to sound like a dick or nothin', but, ah... it says on your chart that you're gently caressed up. Ah, you talk like a cigarette, and your shite's all retarded. What I'd do, is just like... like... you know, like, you know what I mean, like...

#193 2006-12-21 09:57:09

Siverwolf

Well, a shotgun or anything like that would hurt anyone. 

Huh, must be a bad nieborhood.  *shrugs*

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#194 2006-12-21 10:05:13

LoupGarouAngel
Website

I hate big crowds because the negative energy sadly over powers the positive so all I feel is negativeness.

#195 2006-12-21 10:33:25

BlackWolfDS

I live in L.A., that's all there are, big crowds sad

#196 2006-12-21 16:51:49

Howlitzer
Website

"negative" anything is the least of my problems when I'm in a crowd...

I just hate big crowds because:

A) I get a wee bit claustrophobic

B) People smell bad... axe, tag, perfume, weird shampoo, B.O., then there's that weird musty/mildew smell that nobody else seems to notice when I mention it.

C) I'm usually taller than most of the people...so when they go slow, I can more easily tell how slowly I'm NOT getting to where I'm trying to go.

D) Too noisy....that and if you're talking with someone it can make you feel a bit paranoid since there's 23871987284473928 other people around you.

#197 2006-12-21 21:10:07

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Same here,and I had to go to the mall today!Blah!I hate it!I think i'm the only girl(beside my sister) who hates the mall.

#198 2006-12-22 00:19:46

WolfVanZandt
Website

I wish I could wait until 3:00 am to go to places like WalMart and the grocery store. Unfortunately, my 8:00 - 4:30 job has something to do with the rest of my daily schedule.

#199 2006-12-22 05:23:34

WolfMontana

8am to 4:30pm?  Man, how do you get by with 4 hours sleep?!?

I was shopping like a mad thing today in Hornsby, GYAH. Everything was fine when I was with my bro. When he left I started feeling swamped, spacey and very uncomfortable in the crowds and ended up having to go outside and find a tree to sit up against. Went in for another spin, did pretty well for a while, then got spacey again and had to sit down and try and earth myself and get my energy back up. tongue

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#200 2006-12-22 05:24:23

nachoboy

oh! i would love doing my shopping at like 3 in the morning! no crowds, no creepy people pushin me around, and jus me, by myself, at night! i love the nighttime! if i didn't have school in the morning, i would totally be nocturnal!

DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!

Board footer