BlackWolfDS
The Fur-Covered Biologist

Re: Who's got a bit of wolf in them?

lol Ditto

#202 2006-12-22 20:49:33

WolfVanZandt
Website

Heh, that's a little misleading. I knnow I talk about not getting to bed until 2:00 or 4:00 in the morning, and that's true enough, but I also have some physical problems that require me to lay down when I get home in the afternoon - that might be for 15 minutes but it has occasionally stretched out to 3 or 4 hours (or more). That's when my mind gets what it needs regardless of what I want or any plans I might have. But even disregarding that, I take dog knaps. I've always been able to do pretty well on occasional 10 or 15 minute knaps.

When I was in my teens and twenties, I used to help my father on trips to central florida to pick up ornamental plants for florists in Alabama in Georgia. We would drive down over hight, load up in the morning, and drive back, rriving home very late and unloading the van. I got used to long  periods of sleeplessness. Then, when I worked offshore I would pull double and triple 12 hour shifts with no problem and I found out how unnecessary sleep and food were in graduate school. When I moved to Selma, I maintained my membership in the gospel group I was in. On Thursdays, after work, I would drive the 120 miles from Selma to Valley, practice, drive by to see my folks afterwards, and then drive back to Selma at midnight, getting home about 2:00. Then, by the time I got my shower  and all, it was 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning. For awhile, I would do what I called "hitting the wall". About 3:00 (actually almost like clockwork at the same time every time), my mind would just shutdown. I didn't plan any thought work after that time. I wouldn't get sleepy, my mind would just quit working.

But the older you get, the less sleep you need. And if you're like me, as much as you enjoy sleeping, you resent the time that's taken from you.

#203 2006-12-22 21:07:10

Howlitzer
Website

heh......

on school nights I actually feel more rested after staying up until 1:00 and getting 5 hours than going to bed at 10 and getting 8 hours of sleep.....and forget about anything in between, I'll hardly be able to get out of bed....

but for some reason if I get 5 hours I feel perfectly alert all day until I'm home from school... that's when I konk-out for an hour.... anything much longer or shorter than that, and I don't feel "alert" until after lunch when I don't really need it anymore.

Last edited by Howlitzer (2006-12-22 21:08:17)

#204 2006-12-22 22:13:16

BlackWolfDS

The reason you can do that howl, is becuase at the time you wake up is the end of a sleep cycle. If you were to wake up in the middle of a sleep cycle.....well lets just say I did it once and when I stood up out of bed....i fell on my face. I was that tired.

#205 2006-12-25 02:06:10

LoupGarouAngel
Website

I found out if you go 72 hours without sleep you are as likely to get a hallucination as someone on LSD...I'm so trying it over break.

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#206 2006-12-25 05:32:45

nachoboy
The nacho-lovin' lycanthrope

that may very well be the coolest thing i've ever read, lou. for my sake, you need to document the whole thing and post the results on here.

"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-O-Meal."

DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
check me out at deviantart: djnacho.deviantart.com

#207 2006-12-25 15:20:11

WolfVanZandt
Website

Have fun - can't say I ever enjoyed it.

I was doing a three day severe fast once. I was staying out in the woods in a green Army pup tent. The second day, I was lying on my back looking up at the tent and I leaned up and looked out the tent fly - everything was red. I wondered if the world was coming to an end, it was so intense.

It took me a while to figure it out. If you stare at a green object and then look at a white surface, you'll see the image of the object in red. I'd been staring at a backlit green sheet all morning and, when I looked out, everything looked red.

#208 2006-12-26 21:24:33

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Weird...I can't try it until I have three days off my job....

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...

#209 2006-12-27 01:00:23

ArcLight
Website

nachoboy wrote:

oh! i would love doing my shopping at like 3 in the morning! no crowds, no creepy people pushin me around,

You've obviously never been in my local Wal-Mart in the early AM!!

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#210 2006-12-27 02:03:43

WolfVanZandt
Website

Heh, well, you only have to look at a green object for 20 or 30 seconds and then look at a white surface to see the effect. Of course, for a 3 day fast you'd have to have some time off.

BTW, I strongly suggest you talk to someone who's done the severe fast thing befor trying it yourself. Thre are right ways to do it and there are ways to shut your kidneys down for good.

#211 2006-12-27 16:25:14

Siverwolf

I wouldn't call it a fast but I went without food for two weeks one time when I was about 14 yrs. old.
My mouth broke out in ulcers.  I hate them ulcers, I'm just now getting over a few I have had this past week or two.
It was very distressing and I was very irritable....
I would just sit and watch food on t.v. and wished I could eat it.
If I were to put anything in my mouth, the pain was terrible.  The only thing I could eat was pudding and I didn't have much of that then and or milk.  If I drunk water it would sting and burn!!  No salt, no hot stuff, no candy!!!
But often when I get the ulcers my gums will also swell up over my back teeth (molars).  That's what happen then.

After about two weeks I got to where I could eat some.  Just a little at a time till the ulcers were healed.
But by then my tongue had shrunk and turned a pale white color and I had no strenght to walk fast.  I had to take small steps or I will fall.
sad

Anyways, personally I couldn't do without sleep.  Sometimes I sleep too much, too often.  Mabe only because I need more rest because I am very active outdoors and such.  I have no desire to refuse sleep.  I love snoozing.  ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!   wink

Siverwolf.

Last edited by Siverwolf (2006-12-27 16:32:56)

Homo - Lycanthropus

#212 2006-12-27 23:35:05

WolfVanZandt
Website

Oog.....that wouldn't do. I like eating too much.

#213 2006-12-28 00:25:49

LoupGarouAngel
Website

I do to,that's why I want to get one of my friend's to do it!Hehehehe...

#214 2007-01-02 17:34:48

something.....?
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Oog.....that wouldn't do. I like eating too much.

I  bet I like sleeping more than you like eating. In fact, I just woke up, like, right now, thinking it was 6 a.m. in the morning, and forgetting what day it was. i hate wednesdays. I wish i could've woken up tomorrow.

Right, kick ass. Well, don't want to sound like a dick or nothin', but, ah... it says on your chart that you're gently caressed up. Ah, you talk like a cigarette, and your shite's all retarded. What I'd do, is just like... like... you know, like, you know what I mean, like...

#215 2007-01-02 19:45:48

Howlitzer
Website

LoupGarouAngel wrote:

I found out if you go 72 hours without sleep you are as likely to get a hallucination as someone on LSD...I'm so trying it over break.

yeah...today I may have experienced something like that.

Over Christmas break I consistently got no more than 1-3 hours of sleep per night, for really no reason whatsoever other than I hate sleeping. New Years Eve I was up until about 5:00 am, went to bed, managed to stare at the ceiling and NOT fall asleep, and then got up and had a really early breakfast at 6:15...and last night I didn't get much better sleep, I had a very weird dream involving a very short, homicidal kid I know attacking me with a broken golf club.

I was in English today and we were reading a poem out of the American Literature book...and I was having a very difficult time because it looked as though the words and letters were disappearing off of the page as I was reading them. So I rubbed my eyes, and it was back to normal for a minute.

Then, suddenly (I can't accurately describe this) the words on the page seemed like they were going REALLY fast. Not just what I was seeing, but in my mind I was thinking the words super fast and very loud....like my mind suddenly went into turbo and left me behind. hmm  I kinda involuntarily zipped through the paragraph in record time as a result... went "what the heck?!", blinked a couple times, shook my head, and tried reading normally for a minute before it stopped.

If it had happened for longer, I'm not sure if it would have slowed me down or allowed me to read the page faster (who knows, it could have), but it felt very disorienting...it wasn't quite a hallucination, but it may have been an odd side effect of sleep deprivation hmm

Last edited by Howlitzer (2007-01-02 20:57:18)

#216 2007-01-02 20:48:39

nachoboy
The nacho-lovin' lycanthrope

that sounds fun, in a weird, insanely strange kinda way!

"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-O-Meal."

DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
check me out at deviantart: djnacho.deviantart.com

#217 2007-01-02 21:21:35

WolfVanZandt
Website

A friend visited me over the weekend and he told me that, one time, when he missed a lot of sleep, he lost most of the use of his right side - as though he had had a stroke.

Once when I had  along bout of bronchitis and couldn't sleep, I got to where  would post on forums and, when I read what I wrote the next day, I didn't recognize it and thought that people were going in and changing my posts (that's called paranoia, BTW).

Severe sleep deprivation is a psychotic condition.

#218 2007-01-07 17:54:25

The Busboy
Administrator

Posts were deleted to keep this on topic.

#219 2007-01-07 19:16:33

LoupGarouAngel
Website

ALright,on topic.Has anyone ever had a run in were you depend on your animal side rather then human?

#220 2007-01-07 19:22:36

BlackWolfDS

Not a dangerous one, but yes. Some kid was going to punch me for some reason. Well I dodged the attack and went to go punch him back, but stopped 1/2 an inch from his face. He stopped and freaked out cause I was so fast...I didn't even think about it till afterwards.

#221 2007-01-07 19:56:53

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Yeah,that reminds of this one time that was funny,not dangerous!
It was picture day and me and my friend were going down the hall talking when I heard my friend David running up behind, he was going to tackle this other kid in front of me and without thinking I stuck my leg out at the last second and sent him flying!He landed on his back about six feet from me and was like"Alright,I give you credit,that was good!"I didn't even think "I'm going to trip him",I just did!Weird.

#222 2007-01-27 00:45:31

fullwolf

i get hightened senses too and when  i get  angry i blackout and i feel my body changing.  i have sharp teeth. i have all the signs for a werewoolf. what u think

#223 2007-01-27 01:42:03

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Well,I don't black out when i'm angry,although my vision kinda blurs with rage.And I just get heightened senses and such.But physicaly,I do not change that doesn't mean I rule out the possibility,i'm just unsure of it.

#224 2007-01-27 12:08:41

fullwolf

every month my  bones hurt and i feel a weird bidy changing thing

#225 2007-01-28 01:05:57

WolfVanZandt
Website

Hmmmm....how old are you? You know, teenagers go through a peiod of aching to painful growth spirts.

Board footer