The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2007-03-07 20:48:16

The Busboy
Administrator

Re: Online werewolf webcomics

You're very welcome, and enjoy the site!

#27 2007-03-24 06:39:58

Quint the Wanderer
Website

New updates to my list!

1. The daemnoslayers (not that much of werewolfy action inside, but two of the three main characters certainly are)

2. College roomies from hell!!! (No werewolfy action watsoever, because the person in question is a werecoyote. I just wonder why I didn't add this earlier, like after I've seen their crossover with "Clan of the cats")

There is another one that I will add as soon as I read through the archives, and that's Yin and yang.

The question is mightier than the answer.
The difference between chaos and order is just in the point of view.

#28 2007-08-14 22:41:54

Grigio
Website

Hey everyone,

Here is another werewolf webcomic I've run across called A Werewolf Story.  The artwork looks really good.  It starts off kind of slow but the werewolfy action starts around comic #30.

...I like the Chinese characters on the cover...I guess this is how you write "werewolf":
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/70/werewolfsg6.jpg

Last edited by Grigio (2007-08-14 22:47:46)

#29 2007-08-15 19:12:01

The Busboy
Administrator

That is a really cool web comic!  Nice artwork!

#30 2007-08-16 17:59:09

WolfMontana

Grigio wrote:

...I like the Chinese characters on the cover...I guess this is how you write "werewolf":
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/70/werewolfsg6.jpg

Yep - first character stands for 'wolf' second for 'man' smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#31 2007-08-28 01:51:58

Quint the Wanderer
Website

After a long time I remade my werewolf webcomics list. There aren't too many new additions, but I have divided it to three parts per comic activity and have finally added an extra exlanation page of what I'm looking for.

#32 2007-08-28 07:59:50

Grigio
Website

I guess I'd better get cranking so I can move up to the regular page wink

#33 2007-08-29 18:37:06

The Busboy
Administrator

Quint the Wanderer wrote:

After a long time I remade my werewolf webcomics list. There aren't too many new additions, but I have divided it to three parts per comic activity and have finally added an extra exlanation page of what I'm looking for.

Nice list, thank you.  Do you know any of the people working on any of the werewolf ones?

#34 2007-08-30 00:57:03

Quint the Wanderer
Website

The Busboy wrote:

Nice list, thank you.  Do you know any of the people working on any of the werewolf ones?

Erm, not really. I suffer from being too shy, so meeting new people or writing an e-mail (or anthing) takes a lot of effort for me.

#35 2007-12-05 19:05:27

WolfMontana

Grigio wrote:

Hey everyone, Here is another werewolf webcomic I've run across called A Werewolf Story.  The artwork looks really good.  It starts off kind of slow but the werewolfy action starts around comic #30.

Man I'm digging this comic! big_smile

#36 2008-01-05 23:48:50

WolfMontana

Grigio wrote:

Hey everyone,

Here is another werewolf webcomic I've run across called A Werewolf Story.  The artwork looks really good.  It starts off kind of slow but the werewolfy action starts around comic #30.

This guy is killing me, I wish he'd update the site with a new comic! big_smile

#37 2008-01-07 16:33:43

WolfMontana

Grigio wrote:

Hey everyone,

Yay they updated!! big_smile  (thanks Grigio for pointing this comic out wink

#38 2008-01-08 22:40:58

Grigio
Website

I've just started reading this again after a long time, and it is shaping up pretty well.  I wonder when Jack will start going wolfy wink

WolfMontana wrote:

Grigio wrote:

Hey everyone,

Yay they updated!! big_smile  (thanks Grigio for pointing this comic out wink

#39 2008-01-08 23:07:39

WolfMontana

Wondering the same thing! wink

#40 2008-01-09 01:57:37

Quint the Wanderer
Website

Well as soon as he does, the comic is going among my link collection. smile

#41 2008-01-09 18:50:50

The Busboy
Administrator

I really like the artwork on that comic.

#42 2008-01-10 14:36:56

WolfMontana

*nods so wildly her head comes off*

#43 2008-01-12 00:03:23

WolfMontana

lol big_smile

#44 2008-01-16 12:35:03

WolfMontana

New update on Werewolf Story.

#45 2008-01-16 18:31:35

The Busboy
Administrator

Just checked it out!

#46 2008-02-29 22:00:06

slave2moonlight
Website

Hey guys. I know I haven't been on here in forever and I hope to get involved with the site again when I get through a few projects I'm working on (though I'd like to be sure to ask Busboy to delete my old forum thread when I have a chance, and I'll create a new one when I'm ready), but in the meantime, I thought I'd let everyone in on the werewolf comic strip I've been doing lately.

It's called "Moonlight Motel", and I've been doing it both as a webcomic and a monthly comic for a South Texas magazine called Magazine X. It's not a paying gig, but it's giving me some practice and discipline until I can get good samples together to send to syndicates. It's a little racy at times, and I'll probably clean it up a tad for syndicates, ha, but it's been delightful to develop because all the details have come about so easily. At its heart, it's very much a melding of my old Wagner strip and one I did about a group of average guys (based on myself and friends) called "The Sweet Life". When I unconsciously combined those two to create Monty Moonlight and his friends, everything else about the plot and characters practically wrote itself.

Monty Moonlight is a werewolf, of course (like Wagner, he's always in wolf form, though he looks nothing like Wagner), and he manages the Moonlight Motel, a rundown, 100 year old hotel in Texas with some very bizarre employees and the occasional guests. However, Monty is not much of a manager. He's a self-indulgent slacker and has only taken the job for his rich Uncle Mortimer to prove he can run a business and is worthy of a sizable inheritance. Some of the cast members include groundskeeper Russell Scarecrow and bellhop Seymour, who are two of the most often used characters alongside Monty, and others like Guy the maintenance man, Maleva the head of the kitchen and housekeeping staff, Jean (pronounced like John) the Chef, Bob "Fish" Gillman the rarely on duty lifeguard, Stokes the security guard, Wednesday the cat, a series of hot maids (they usually don't stay in Monty's employment long), and some leprechauns that have started to give Monty trouble.

Anyway, if anyone wants to check the strip out, you can read it at:

http://www.drunkduck.com/Moonlight_Motel

At my deviantart.com gallery:

http://slave2moonlight.deviantart.com/

Or on Monty's MySpace page, the best place to get filled in on the comic  and characters and see some other fun stuff about them (and, no, you don't have to join to visit the page, but the comics aren't posted as large here):

http://www.myspace.com/monty_moonlight

So, that's about it for now. If you like it or at least if you like werewolf comic strips, please spread the word and feel free to repost the strips wherever. Incidentally, Monty Moonlight was originally designed to explore all mediums. I've been doing something called "The Moonlight Movie Show" for even longer than the strip, and you can see that on the MySpace page. We hope to actually be able to shoot some footage for it someday, ha. I'm working on props and stuff for if that day actually comes. Short films have also been talked about too. Anyway, enjoy and I'd love to get feedback.

Nathan James

Last edited by slave2moonlight (2008-02-29 22:03:52)

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -- "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" -- "What's that star on the wall for?" -- "I've got a bad feeling about this." -- "I didn't get a 'harumph' outta that guy!" -- "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do."

#47 2008-02-29 22:48:37

BlackWolfMarwood

Vargr wrote:

It is only a short arc, 7 strips, but this is Something Positive's take on the online werewolf community (If easily offended stay away) Something Positive. Over all I think Something Positive is a brilliantly snarky comic, but your mileage may very. It is always healthy to laugh at yourself from time to time I think.

Also, Dominic Deegan has a very cool recurring werewolf character.

Here is the start of a scene he is in: Dominic Deegan

I'd recommend reading the whole comic though, it is very good.

I'm a sucker for Choo Choo

#48 2008-03-01 09:16:55

BlueEyesWolf

Hey, where you have been, slave2moonlight ???

Saw the "Girl of your Dreams" picture and I liked the characters in the backgrounds because I like some of them too like ...
Dorothy, Alvin & Theodore (Where's Simon??), A werewolf (of course) , Scrooge McDuck, Kermit, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones. Pooh, Figment the Dragon, Mickey Mouse (YAY!), the Superheroes (Logos and Spider-Man Head), an Ewok, books on ghosts and Bigfoot and finally Roger Rabbit.

The comic strips of yours were funny too and so was that Pink Panther picture.

Read your comment on the Disney sequels and DTVs (and prequels & midquels {Bambi 2} as well) Very interesting topic that you brought up.

#49 2008-03-01 11:26:04

slave2moonlight
Website

Hey BlueEyesWolf! Well, I've been working, traveling, and working. And now that I'm so busy, one of my best friends who works at Fast Signs finally tells me there's a part time opening for an artist there. I don't know how I can squeeze that in, but I could definitely use a regular paycheck, ha. So I'll probably pick up an application on Monday for that as well. Mainly though, I've been working with my graphic novel partner on roughs for our second book and working on the color pages of book one, plus we traveled to Wizard World Texas in November to scout the place and will hopefully have a table of our own there next November. Oh, and I met some really cool people there, like Lou Ferrigno, Smallville's Laura Vandervoort (Supergirl, *drool*), and Noel Neill (Lois Lane from the old Superman TV show). Got to take in some cool sessions there held by top comic guys too!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f148/slave2moonlight/HulkMontyFinalSample.png

Besides that stuff, I was hired (along with several other artists) off Deviantart.com to work on a role playing card game, though I am not allowed to reveal yet what the game is about.  Though, as with my graphic novel project, it's not until money comes in off of sales that we artists get a taste of it, so I'm still as broke as ever, ha. My third big thing is developing my Moonlight Motel comic strip, and I'm hoping to get some samples together and sent off for syndicates this year too. Moonlight Motel might share a space on the table at Wizard World Texas '08 if I can afford to make any flyers or anything at all of that nature.

Really glad you liked the comic strips and other stuff! Yeah, I put more work into that Girl of my Dreams background than I usually do, ha. I don't care for drawing backgrounds. Even as it is, it could have been better. The only reason Simon isn't there is that he didn't fit, ha. You have to imagine that he's there but didn't get captured in the shot, just like Donald Duck, whose foot is next to Mickey's, and half of Alice, who is sitting next to Dorothy. After I finished it, I even thought of some other stuff I wish I'd included, ha.

Last edited by slave2moonlight (2008-03-01 11:37:35)

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -- "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" -- "What's that star on the wall for?" -- "I've got a bad feeling about this." -- "I didn't get a 'harumph' outta that guy!" -- "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do."

#50 2008-03-01 11:40:49

slave2moonlight
Website

By the way, here is a sample of the strip for those who don't like to click on links (but you'll have to if you want to read more):

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f148/slave2moonlight/MoonlightMotelJanuary2008WebusableS.png

Last edited by slave2moonlight (2008-03-01 11:41:18)

Board footer