The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2006-12-26 21:23:23

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Re: Shifting

I like shifting in dreams,I had a dream that I did a mental shift in class last night.This girl who I do not like at all said something rude to me and I grabbed her throat and growled at her then threw her.I'm not a violent person...BUT IT WAS GREAT!

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#27 2006-12-26 21:49:10

BlackWolfDS
The Fur-Covered Biologist

Must have been enjoyable eh?

#28 2006-12-27 00:59:04

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Oh heck yes it was!

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...

#29 2006-12-27 02:51:21

BlackWolfDS

lol

#30 2007-01-02 17:42:09

something.....?
Website

LoupGarouAngel wrote:

I like shifting in dreams,I had a dream that I did a mental shift in class last night.This girl who I do not like at all said something rude to me and I grabbed her throat and growled at her then threw her.I'm not a violent person...BUT IT WAS GREAT!

Sounds like the time I gave my boss a concussion. Wolves aren't supposed to be here in Illinois, and this is when I worked for the Forest Preserve-he told me to track them down, lock them up, and wait for Animal Control to take them, and put them to sleep. So, I strangled him, and hit his head once against a wooden wall, I made a dent (Oops) and he went out like a light.

Right, kick ass. Well, don't want to sound like a dick or nothin', but, ah... it says on your chart that you're gently caressed up. Ah, you talk like a cigarette, and your shite's all retarded. What I'd do, is just like... like... you know, like, you know what I mean, like...

#31 2007-01-02 17:47:07

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Something....You make me wonder.....

#32 2007-01-02 18:13:17

nachoboy
The nacho-lovin' lycanthrope

dude, that's crazy! and yeah, i don't know that i realyl like wolves being put to sleep like that!

"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-O-Meal."

DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
check me out at deviantart: djnacho.deviantart.com

#33 2007-01-02 18:15:33

something.....?
Website

Right, kick ass. Well, don't want to sound like a dick or nothin', but, ah... it says on your chart that you're gently caressed up. Ah, you talk like a cigarette, and your shite's all retarded. What I'd do, is just like... like... you know, like, you know what I mean, like...

#34 2007-01-02 18:47:22

Siverwolf

Shifting?? 

I've had mental shifts hmm..., many different kinds of shifts of sorts and sometimes it seems all meshed together at times.
Can be voluntary or not.
Dream shifts and other kinds of shifts like that, I have no control over it.  It just happens whenever and at different times.
I dream, I'm a wolf, at least once a week regulary.

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#35 2007-01-02 18:59:36

LoupGarouAngel
Website

I have had a few shifts that are not voluntary,mainly when i'm super angry so I end up snapping at those around me.My vision blurs and my legs go all tingley(from increased bloodflow)and I keep my mouth shut so I stay out of trouble.

#36 2007-01-02 20:45:55

nachoboy
The nacho-lovin' lycanthrope

yeah, i now what you mean, lou.

"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-O-Meal."

DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
check me out at deviantart: djnacho.deviantart.com

#37 2007-01-03 03:03:43

BlackWolfDS

I have never gotten that angry....
but when I do get angry, I run. I just run. It feels really good.
It makes me want to drop on all fours to run faster ^^

#38 2007-01-03 10:11:45

LoupGarouAngel
Website

I love running when i'm mad!And you are shocked to find what adrenaline can do!

#39 2007-01-03 10:26:39

Siverwolf

I have something about "Shifting" in topic "Legends and Lore", in "Historical Werewolf Tails" forum. 

I found an paragragh about shifting in a werewolf related book that you might find interesting.  Though I'm sure that not all of it is to be taken as factual truth, it has a lot of lycanthropic history in it going back hundreds of years.   

Siverwolf.

Last edited by Siverwolf (2007-01-03 11:02:24)

Homo - Lycanthropus

#40 2007-01-03 18:21:19

WolfMontana

Thanks Siverwolf smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#41 2007-02-06 13:48:25

Quint the Wanderer
Website

Phantom shifting is fun. I even learned how to trigger it, when I'm in the right mood.
Sometimes I feel mental shifts, but they mostly come untimely. I am able to hold them back though, I do believe I have strong self-control.

And just out of curiosity, do you think people around you somehow react to the shifts, even those not noticable? One event made me think about that. It was in november, I was travelling home by train. At one station I had to move to a different train, that meant go to another platform through one of those tunnels under the railway. When there I found myself in the hugest crowd I ever saw, almost unable to move in any other way than with the flow. Suddenly I felt a phantom shift, one pretty strong, and almost at the same time a noticable increase in my personal space. Even the people coming in the oposite way semmed to avoid me from pretty far off.
It's a bad, but also a good thing they changed the train schedules soon after, because I never encountered such a crowd again to experiment more.

The question is mightier than the answer.
The difference between chaos and order is just in the point of view.

#42 2007-02-06 15:08:42

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Very intresting Quint,I can't say I have cause I am either alone or with only a few people when my shifts occur,makes me want to try it now!

#43 2007-02-06 18:25:07

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

I have dream shifts. Very often. I'm curious, for you what is mental shifting exactly? You stop thinking and you just feel? Is it in your envies? (Ex: you just want to track something down or mate with someone), sudden behavioral oddities?

I'm just curious. wink

#44 2007-02-06 19:50:59

LoupGarouAngel
Website

My mind goes very simple and instinctual,I depend on my senses and kind let my human thoughts slide away and my wolf thoughts slide in my mind.I notice my senses go amazing keen and my motions are quicker and smoother.

#45 2007-02-06 23:45:47

BlackWolfDS

I have done that when I came home once. Since no one was home, all the lights were out. I ran through the house, in the dark, jumping over things. Then....the next second after that, I find myself in my room....just standing there...

#46 2007-02-07 01:30:00

WolfVanZandt
Website

Even when I was shifting, Wolf has always been able to think rationally. He did tend to simplify things more than my Humanside did and also tended to be less linear in his thoughts. He could always multitask better, also. He has always been less verbal and more empathic.

#47 2007-02-08 17:17:48

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

BlackWolfDS wrote:

I have done that when I came home once. Since no one was home, all the lights were out. I ran through the house, in the dark, jumping over things. Then....the next second after that, I find myself in my room....just standing there...

lol I can picture it lol

Usually my senses are always..."strong" but that I attribute this to my aboriginal origins. But when I mentally shift, it's like I can't talk or think, I'm just looking, smelling, listening, hearing it's like I'm in an alert mode...it's very hard to explain with words...but it just happens I mean involuntarily.

And if one of you dares to say that aboriginal people are less evolved so more animalistic, you betta watch your back! lol Seriously, perhaps we are more animal...I'm trying to determine here the difference between normal animalistic behaviour from therian side behaviour...not an easy task!

#48 2007-02-08 18:24:54

LoupGarouAngel
Website

I don't talk at all when I m-shift,I'll make animal noises if neccisary but usually I am also pretty silent.Sometimes I go on all 4's,but usually not,and I go into either a hunt,rest or play mode.

#49 2007-02-08 23:53:21

BlackWolfDS

You know what's fun? Running at night. It's refreshing.

#50 2007-02-09 02:27:35

WolfVanZandt
Website

Black_Fur, you're right - there is a difference between "wild human" and "therian" and it's not always easy to distinguish.

BlackWolfDS, wait until you get to be my age and say that again.  smile

Board footer