The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2004-12-15 19:05:03

The Busboy
Administrator

Werewolf "Oz" from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV Show

Buffy the Vampire Slayer's werewolf character Oz (played by actor Seth Green) has come up recently, so here's a forum to talk about that character (as well as for other Buffy conversations that apply).

#2 2004-12-15 19:15:01

slave2moonlight
Website

Re: Werewolf "Oz" from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV Show

Well, as I said in the other forum where this came up, Seth is awesome, and so is Oz. Excellent werewolf persona, though I don't like the look of their werewolves when in wolf form. And, as I said before, love the show, partly because it's cool and fun, and partly because Sarah Michelle Gellar is one of the most perfect females I've ever seen. Also enjoyed the show "Angel" a lot, though I only started really watching it when Spike joined the cast, who, in my opinion, is one of the coolest characters in the Buffy/Angel universe (at least since the point where he started turning good). And to get on the subject of werewolves, I was definitely developing a thing for the one Angel started to hook-up with towards the end of his show.

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -- "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" -- "What's that star on the wall for?" -- "I've got a bad feeling about this." -- "I didn't get a 'harumph' outta that guy!" -- "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do."

#3 2004-12-15 19:17:18

Denim1

It is a shame that Angel was cancelled by the WB.  I had read that if it was going to go another season that they had plans to have Seth Green guest star in a few episodes.  His character was going to teach the werewolf that Angel got involved with how to control her powers.

#4 2004-12-15 19:24:18

The Busboy
Administrator

S2M, yes, Seth Green is a great actor.  I only saw pictures of "Oz" in werewolf form in a Buffy book, although I have seen Seth act as "Oz" (only in human form though, as they still running old "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" episodes with Seth).

#5 2004-12-15 19:54:08

slave2moonlight
Website

Yes, thanks to the reruns I have seen a lot of Buffy. I wouldn't have otherwise, as our local cable didn't offer WB till the year it left (and still doesn't offer UPN). I do have Season 1 on DVD though (haven't watched it yet).

Yeah, it was a shame that Angel was canceled, though apparently a lot of people didn't like the direction it had taken for the final season or two (when I was really enjoying it, ha). People missed Cordelia, etc, etc... I was never a fan of Cordy on Buffy, nor in the few eps of Angel I've seen her on. Frankly, she's just a B***H, and not even very attractive in my opinion, ha. That would have been cool if they had brought Seth on (and more of my favorite wolf-girl). Frankly, the final episode seemed way too open-ended to be worth my time, but I hear they did it that way because they might continue Angel on the big screen.We'll see about that. It'd be cool, but usually stuff like that never happens. Where are those other X-Files movies they were supposed to make? Ha.

Last edited by slave2moonlight (2004-12-16 13:11:21)

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -- "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" -- "What's that star on the wall for?" -- "I've got a bad feeling about this." -- "I didn't get a 'harumph' outta that guy!" -- "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do."

#6 2004-12-16 06:14:17

BlueEyesWolf

I must admit that Seth Green in his Oz werewolf form didn't look right. I guess they were trying to keep Seth to look the same even in his werewolf form.

Yes, I liked that female werewolf (Forgot her name) that Angel had near the end of the final season.

I was hoping that Oz would came back to get involved with that female werewolf. *sigh*

At least, Dark Horse Comics had a mini-series about Oz that explained where he went to after leaving Sunnyvale and how he tried to control his werewolf nature.

#7 2004-12-16 13:14:09

slave2moonlight
Website

Man, I missed out on that series! Must have been right around the point that I decided comics were costing me too much. Every once in a while I have to go on a comics fast, especially lately since I'm still trying to find a job. The last time I was collecting, it was all Star Wars and Buffy, but I had to quit. Before that it was Star Wars and Disney, and before that, just Disney.

#8 2004-12-17 04:36:00

BlueEyesWolf

slave2moonlight wrote:

Man, I missed out on that series! Must have been right around the point that I decided comics were costing me too much. Every once in a while I have to go on a comics fast, especially lately since I'm still trying to find a job. The last time I was collecting, it was all Star Wars and Buffy, but I had to quit. Before that it was Star Wars and Disney, and before that, just Disney.

Try going to a comic-con. They may have that Dark Horse's Oz (the werewolf) mini-series.

#9 2004-12-17 12:32:59

slave2moonlight
Website

I'll keep my eyes open for it, but where I live I'm cut off from the rest of the country, and till I get a job, can't really afford to go anywhere. It's a bit of a catch 22, as I can't seem to find a decent job locally, making me stuck here. There's no need for artists around here, and though I'm a writer too, I don't really have any credentials (in either area). Hopefully, the budding film industry here will help me out. I've always wanted to hit a comic con. It'd be interesting to actually see females interested in the same kind of junk so many of us guys are into. Of course, there are so few that they are never single...unless they're... disturbing looking, ha. Heck, even those ones aren't single.

#10 2004-12-17 17:10:35

NinjaWolf

Have you tried any comic books that would accept submissions, like Radio Comix, Red's magazine of Fang, Claw, & Steel, or Cadre's submission link (he has the picture of it in his topic forum, I believe)? I know they have submission guidelinesYou may want to try those? Also, our comic of Bubba had a fan-powered issue a few months ago. You may want to try there or ask questions from them. I'm a budding artist/writer myself, so I agree it's tough but hang in there! I am!

Last edited by NinjaWolf (2004-12-17 17:21:11)

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

#11 2004-12-18 03:44:43

slave2moonlight
Website

Do fan issues actually help one break into the biz though? Not giving attitude here, I genuinely am curious. I always thought that was more of a way for comic makers not to have to pay writers and artists for one month. Actually, though we have a pretty good comic shop, it doesn't usually carry comics that are THAT independent. I don't believe I've ever seen any of those titles at "Myth Adventures" (our local shop).

#12 2004-12-18 03:48:51

Johnlindsey289

Wow! there's an Oz comic series? i didn't know that! i heard rumors of an animated Buffy show, should be interesting.

#13 2004-12-18 03:53:41

WolfVanZandt
Website

I have an Oz miniseries by Dark Horse. Weldon has done several series for DH including a future vampire slayer (good series but I forgot the name and I haven't the heart to try to unearth it right now.

#14 2004-12-18 03:55:10

BlueEyesWolf

Hey, doing the Bubba fan-powered issue gave us Bubba fans a chance to show other comic book people what we can do. It was nerve-wrecking but I had fun doing it and am very glad to see my story in print.

And it gave RedStreak, Matthew Smith, and Robert Gullory & Russell Malbreaux a chance to work on other comics.

#15 2004-12-18 04:02:48

BlueEyesWolf

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I have an Oz miniseries by Dark Horse. Weldon has done several series for DH including a future vampire slayer (good series but I forgot the name and I haven't the heart to try to unearth it right now.

WolfVanZandt, I have the trade paperback and it's called "Fray".

Also Joss Whedon is doing "Astonishing X-MEN" for Marevl" which the first story arc is now in TP titled "Gifted".

#16 2004-12-18 04:15:18

WolfVanZandt
Website

Frey, yes, that was it. I've seen other stuff by Weldon but I associate him so strongly with Buffy, that's what comes to mind when I see his name.

Woof! Do you folks ever sleep. It's like......late! And....uh.......well......okay, I'm going to bed now..........

#17 2004-12-18 04:30:51

BlueEyesWolf

Hey, we are werewolves of the night so it's time to howl and....

(falls asleep in front of the computer with my head on the keyboard)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..

#18 2004-12-18 04:46:59

slave2moonlight
Website

Johnlindsey289 wrote:

Wow! there's an Oz comic series? i didn't know that! i heard rumors of an animated Buffy show, should be interesting.

I heard those rumors too, but it was a LONG time ago, and by now I kinda doubt it'll happen. That would have been sooooooo hot though.

#19 2004-12-18 04:48:26

slave2moonlight
Website

BlueEyesWolf wrote:

Hey, doing the Bubba fan-powered issue gave us Bubba fans a chance to show other comic book people what we can do. It was nerve-wrecking but I had fun doing it and am very glad to see my story in print.

And it gave RedStreak, Matthew Smith, and Robert Gullory & Russell Malbreaux a chance to work on other comics.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think it would be awesome to be selected and to see your work in print, and definitely an honor. I just wonder if it ever helps kick off a career (besides by way of practice).

#20 2004-12-18 04:59:50

BlueEyesWolf

slave2moonlight wrote:

Johnlindsey289 wrote:

I heard those rumors too, but it was a LONG time ago, and by now I kinda doubt it'll happen. That would have been sooooooo hot though.

Well...slave2moonlight, I have seen some pictures of Buffy in animated form and I heard rumors that they are making the pilot to sell the series. Hope they find someone that will buy the series.

If they do, we might see some characters came back since it is set when Buffy was a few years younger so hopefully Oz the Werewolf might return. (Cross clawed digits)

#21 2004-12-18 05:05:18

Speedbump

slave2moonlight wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think it would be awesome to be selected and to see your work in print, and definitely an honor. I just wonder if it ever helps kick off a career (besides by way of practice).

Well, look at it this way: It can't possibly hurt. smile
Do as much as you can, and your chances of getting noticed increase exponentially.

#22 2004-12-19 15:44:12

The Busboy
Administrator

There is an "Oz" trade paperback out with a storyline that takes place in the Himilayas, by Dark Horse.

#23 2004-12-19 18:18:37

WolfVanZandt
Website

Aye. That's the one. Oz gets in touch with his "beast inside".

#24 2004-12-20 05:06:12

BlueEyesWolf

Yes, that's the one I was talking about!

#25 2004-12-20 11:55:13

RedStreak

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Aye. That's the one. Oz gets in touch with his "beast inside".

Sounds like the idea one episode of Teen Titans had when Beast Boy went nuts after some chemicals hit him.

I wish I could see more episodes with Oz's were-side.  Again I've only seen one myself.

"Let the trails lead where they may, I will follow"
-Tigatron, Beast Wars

Board footer