The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2004-12-17 09:36:48

The Busboy
Administrator

Man-Wolf: The Forum

Man-Wolf has come up a lot in forum discussions, so now he has his own forum right here, have at it...

#2 2004-12-17 10:38:03

RedStreak

Re: Man-Wolf: The Forum

Well since Man-Wolf is the subject, I wanna be the first to say he has a chance of popping up in the next Spider-Man movie I think. big_smile

Again the writers have set the stage in a way, and John Jameson has appeared.  Gez, so many Spider-Man references in the past 2 movies - almost any villian could appear...but again, I root for my fav. Marvel wolf. wink

"Let the trails lead where they may, I will follow"
-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#3 2004-12-17 12:18:56

slave2moonlight
Website

Well, I'm pretty sure the next Spidey will have Hobgoblin, but my friend says he thinks the Lizard will be the next villain (with Hobgobby). I don't really know enough about the comics. I'm a huge Spidey fan since childhood, but that's because I grew up with that Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon and sometimes that old 70's movie being run Saturdays on WTBS.

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -- "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" -- "What's that star on the wall for?" -- "I've got a bad feeling about this." -- "I didn't get a 'harumph' outta that guy!" -- "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do."

#4 2004-12-17 12:19:49

slave2moonlight
Website

It'd be awesome if Man-Wolf WAS in the next one though. I wonder, how soon does John Jameson turn in the comics? If it happens right away in the comics, maybe it'll happen for the next film!

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -- "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" -- "What's that star on the wall for?" -- "I've got a bad feeling about this." -- "I didn't get a 'harumph' outta that guy!" -- "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do."

#5 2004-12-17 12:21:41

slave2moonlight
Website

Now, I'm not trying to start a forum because I don't have much to say on it, but talking about Superheroes...probably my top fave show right now is Smallville. Anyone see the werewolf episode of it? They took the Native American approach, as they've tied in a lot of Native American themes to the show. If I remember correctly, the werewolf turned out to be this gorgeous girl that Clark was starting a thing with.

#6 2004-12-17 14:09:46

RedStreak

slave2moonlight wrote:

It'd be awesome if Man-Wolf WAS in the next one though. I wonder, how soon does John Jameson turn in the comics? If it happens right away in the comics, maybe it'll happen for the next film!

It didn't happen right away.  Man-Wolf didn't make his first apperance until ASM#124, which is a considerable number of issues AFTER John was rescued in ASM#1.  However, Man-Wolf wasn't a one-shot monster - he made several apperances with Spidey.  There's a fair chance at least.

-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#7 2004-12-18 02:59:10

BlueEyesWolf

RedStreak, like you, I really want to see Man-Wolf too in "Spider-Man 3" too but the door is also open for The Hobgoblin, The Lizard and maybe even Venom (Eddie Block was mentioned in the first movie)

So it could be anyone! But my vote go for Man-Wolf! So what if John has returned from the moon and he want to show Mary-Jane a certain moonstone on a full-moon night? wink

#8 2004-12-18 03:29:43

Speedbump

Arnold Schwarzneggar was supposed to be cast as Eddie Brock (Venom) for Spider-man 3, but due to gubernatorial duties, I've read that they're going to post-pone the Venom story arc until he's available to play the part. I'm not too sure of the credibility of the source, but it seems fairly reasonable since they've hinted that Spider-man 3 will be about Hobgoblin instead of Venom.

#9 2004-12-18 03:33:31

WolfVanZandt
Website

The first Batman movie had him fight the Joker. The second had the Riddler, Two Face, the Penguin, and Catwoman. The first Superman had him up against Lex Luthor. THe secondhad Luthor and the thee Kryptonian criminals. See the pattern? First movie has one enemy, the second has several at once. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the third Spiderman movie had ManWolf, Harry as the Green Goblin, and don't write of Doc Oc's arms. Bt I'd really hate that because the ManWolf was, at base, a hero in the comics and every blooming enemy Spiderman has had in the movies has been a "good man" turne bad by their invention.It's getting a bit old.

#10 2004-12-18 05:00:26

Speedbump

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Bt I'd really hate that because the ManWolf was, at base, a hero in the comics and every blooming enemy Spiderman has had in the movies has been a "good man" turne bad by their invention.It's getting a bit old.

That's why I liked Carnage in the comics. That mofo was never good.

#11 2004-12-18 12:42:32

WolfVanZandt
Website

Yeah, Carnage and Venom were bad to the bone.

#12 2004-12-18 19:01:20

slave2moonlight
Website

Actually, the second was just Catwoman and Penguin. The third was Riddler and Two-Face. Fourth was Ivy, Freeze, and Bane. But yeah, the pattern still holds true. It's a shame that Schumacher was brought in to direct 3 and 4... and as far as villains are concerned, if one can't do it, forget about it, ha. Not that I don't enjoy it when they team up...but man, 3 sucky Villains for Batman and Robin. Don't get me wrong, Freeze and Ivy are awesome characters (never got much outta Bane), but I never would have put them together, and I didn't care for the casting or performances at all. I would have gotten Christopher Lloyd for Freeze. When I watch the animated version of Freeze (90's version, not the new Saturday morning one), I always think of Lloyd as Judge Doom in Roger Rabbit. Don't know who I would have gotten for Ivy, but NOT Uma Thurman. I'd have to think about it. Anyway, at least Spider-Man has done two films already with only one villain each. I suspect we'll see two in the next one though, but you never know. But I think they'll think they have to, because Hobgoblin on his own would seem too much like a repeat of the first one (not to me, but I suspect that's how studio execs would think about it). I'm sure it'll be Hobby and someone else...

Last edited by slave2moonlight (2004-12-18 19:20:44)

#13 2004-12-18 19:01:58

slave2moonlight
Website

Of course, another way to go would be to team up two good guys against one super-bad villain! That'd be cool. I wish we'd see some crossover movies like that...

#14 2004-12-18 19:06:51

WolfVanZandt
Website

I agree with your summary S2M and that also demonstrates how good my movi memory is. Chris Lloyd would have been a better Freeze and Bane was not Bane.

#15 2004-12-19 03:54:49

BlueEyesWolf

slave2moonlight wrote:

Of course, another way to go would be to team up two good guys against one super-bad villain! That'd be cool. I wish we'd see some crossover movies like that...

You mean like Man-Wolf and Spider-Man teaming up to fight the Hobgoblin? That would be cool! wink

#16 2004-12-19 11:58:00

RedStreak

Team-ups have often happened in Spider-Man.  In Man-Wolf's case he's been teamed up with Mobis the living vampire and was coerced by Smythe - both cases involving Mannie being inadvertantly pitted against SPidey.

It'd be nice for Spider-Man to face at least one such team-up situation; for SM2 it was a pseudo-team-up between Doc Oc and Harry Osborn...although obviously in the next movie Harry will be playing a far, far more active role safe to say. wink

-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#17 2004-12-19 15:05:57

The Busboy
Administrator

I was at the comic shop yesterday and talked with the owner and here's some info:

Amazing Spider Man Issue #124 1st appearance of Man-Wolf (9/73)
Very fine issue is worth $60, Near mint issue is worth $75

Amazing Spider Man Issue #125 Origin of Man-Wolf
Very fine issue is worth $48, Near mint issue is worth $60

In 1992 Marvel Comics put out a Captain America 6 part series called "Man and Wolf" with characters like Satrwolf, Wolverine, John Jameson, Cap Wolf and Moonhunter (to name a few) in it.  Theya re issues #402 through #407, and are titled:
402. "The Search for John Jameson Begins"
403. "Cap vs. the Malevolent Moonhunter"
404. "It's Cap vs. Wolverine and Moonhunter is Waiting to Bury the loser!"
405. "Capwolf"
406. "Wolfpack Attack"
407. "Who Will Be "Lord of the Wolves?"

I bought these 6 issues yesterday in fact!

#18 2004-12-19 18:30:19

WolfVanZandt
Website

Cap Wolf was Captain America on a Werewolf serum. There was, in fact, a town full of Werewolves. I  loaned my copies to a kid and never got them back. Ce la vive.

#19 2004-12-20 03:03:08

Speedbump

I had just one issue of that. I remember something about all the werewolf-style characters being instinctually lured to some area and trapped by the bad guys. Wolfsbane and Wolverine (is he part werewolf or something?) were guest stars.

#20 2004-12-20 05:56:11

BlueEyesWolf

Ohhhh, I have those CapWolf issues too! Cool if a bit wacky storyline with Captain America as a werewolf and being the leader of Marvel werewolves.

My favorite part is where Wolverine sees CapWolf for the first time and tells Cap that he should keep that new look. wink

#21 2004-12-20 11:58:13

RedStreak

BlueEyesWolf wrote:

Ohhhh, I have those CapWolf issues too! Cool if a bit wacky storyline with Captain America as a werewolf and being the leader of Marvel werewolves.

My favorite part is where Wolverine sees CapWolf for the first time and tells Cap that he should keep that new look. wink

lol - I'd have to agree with Wolverine.  If I were in that position I'd definetely be wanting the new look.

*cue the 'real' human version of RedStreak in the evil lab - the mad scientist turns around in suprise to see 'em strapping himself into the chair gleefully*

*yelling at top of his lungs* HIT ME WITH EVERYTHING YA GOT!! big_smile

-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#22 2004-12-21 04:39:51

BlueEyesWolf

Blue as the Mad Scientist:"But Red, you're already a werefox so why you want to be a werewolf too?

RedStreak:"JUST DO IT!"

Blue:"Lucky that I'm not selling shoes..."

(Blue gives Red the formula. Red screams and break out of the straps. Red gets bigger)

Blue:"Oh dear ***! What I have done? Did I create a monster?"

(Red gets hairier, his tail and snout gets longer, gets more teeth until he looks.....a blue-furred copy of Blue!!)

Blue:"Whayaknow? You never looked so handsome! But there's something missing...oh yes."

(Puts glasses on BlueStreak)

BlueEyes:"Perfect! I always wanted to have a son so BlueSteak...I'm your father now!"

BlueStreak(screams) :"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

#23 2004-12-21 15:57:29

NinjaWolf

*falls off the chair, laughing until my guts hurt* big_smile

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

#24 2004-12-22 03:42:49

BlueEyesWolf

(bows to the applause)

Thank you, thank you, don't forget to tip the beer lady.

#25 2004-12-22 09:21:58

NinjaWolf

*tips the beer lady*

Beer Lady: "Thanks, Ninja." *stuffs it in her bra*

*walks out, stops, and turns around slighty*

Ninja (to himself): "Beer Bytch? Naaaaaahhhh."

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

Board footer