The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2005-01-12 09:45:23

The Busboy
Administrator

Re: New comic "Night" by Jester Press

Jesterpress, I just read Night #1 last night, I like the story premise a lot and I like the artwork.  Some of the character drawings are very awesome.  I didn't read issue #2 yet, but I looked at the artwork and I see it is even more developed (with shading/more grey scales), it looks great!  I look forward to reading that one now.  When will issue #3 be ready so I can order that one?  You guys are doing a great job there with that comic!

#27 2005-01-13 02:59:27

slave2moonlight
Website

I'll look for this at my local comic shop, though I don't hold much hope that they'll carry it. I like the artwork and descriptions though.

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -- "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" -- "What's that star on the wall for?" -- "I've got a bad feeling about this." -- "I didn't get a 'harumph' outta that guy!" -- "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do."

#28 2005-01-17 13:12:59

The Busboy
Administrator

Troy, I just read issue #2 of "Night" and loved it, I like the way you ended the story (now I'm waiting for issue #3 now to see how it turns out).  I like the artwork in issue #2 also and I like the added grey scaling which adds a lot to it too.  Hopefully one day it will be in color!  I will definitely be placing another order with you.  Great job!  Which cons are you doing this year?  any?

#29 2005-01-17 19:41:42

The Busboy
Administrator

Hey, everyone, here is a link to an on-line interview of Buddy Prince (who does pencils, inks and lettering for "Night").  Here's the link:
http://www.jazmaonline.com/interviews/i … ?intID=122

#30 2005-01-27 14:32:21

jesterpress
Website

Jester Press will be attending Mega Con in Orlando Florida Feb 25th-27th so if any of you guys plan on going to the con, swing by the booth and say HALLOW !!

you can check out more info about Mega Con at www.megaconvention.com

I think the Bubba the Redneck Werewolf crew is going to be there too !!

troy
jesterpress

#31 2005-01-27 19:35:29

The Busboy
Administrator

Thanks for the info Troy!

#32 2005-01-27 22:22:56

Speedbump

MegaCon sounds great this year. I skimmed the guest list and saw a bunch of you guys on it (Cadre, Taki, and the Beraneks come to mind).

I won't be able to attend, but it seems like it would be a fun time.

#33 2005-02-03 18:59:32

RedStreak

I just received Issue #1 of Night by Jester Press, and I have this statement to make:

--------------------

--------------------

--------------------

--------------------

I LOVED IT!! big_smile

The story was captivating, and the art was different but in a good kind-of-way. smile

The themes of gang warfare and murder investigation gave it some depth, and I'd have to say Night was very realistic.  The werewolf himself didn't go looking for trouble, but when it came to him he tore its throat out and gave it a new hole.  The werewolf himself actually appeared in two forms: the first was very 'werewolf-by-night'-esque but looked like it had some strength, while the second was definete big-bad-VanHelsing-Bubba-The-Redneck-Werewolf-wolfman!

I am very eager to get ahold of the second issue and the third when it comes to print.  I am happy to have yet another series of werewolf comics in my collection. smile

--------------------

--------------------

NIGHT BY JESTER PRESS ROCKS!! big_smile

Last edited by RedStreak (2005-02-03 18:59:46)

"Let the trails lead where they may, I will follow"
-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#34 2005-02-03 21:08:26

NinjaWolf

See! It pays in my state that I get to meet these guys, get this comic, and share it with everyone here. Glad you liked the comic, Red! *sits down and waits to be thanked...or hugged...or anything out of praise.* big_smile

(Did you get it autographed by them? If not, you probably have to meet them sometime at other comic conventions, like Mega Con.)

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

#35 2005-03-10 20:30:33

jesterpress
Website

glad to hear you liked it redstreak !  I'll keep everyone posted as to progress on #3 and makes sure to tell all your werewolf friends about the book...hey...tell your enemies too !!

thanks again
troy

#36 2005-03-11 09:09:53

The Busboy
Administrator

Thanks for the post Troy, I can't wait for part 3 to come out!

#37 2005-03-12 00:30:00

MarkOne
Website

Hey guys, I just sent out an order for the first two issues of "Night". From all the good buzz I've been reading, it sounds like it'll be a good read. Can't wait to check it out. One question, when will issue #3 be out?

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#38 2005-03-24 11:12:24

jesterpress
Website

SELF PLUG ALERT! also if you haven't checked out Jesterpress yet we're at http://www.jesterpress.com.  I've finally got things worked out with Diamond Comics so NIGHT #1 will be offered in the MAY PREVIEWS.  NIGHT #2 will be offered in the JUNE PREVIEWS and NIGHT #3 will be in the JULY PREVIEWS. SO, starting in May you can get NIGHT at your local comic store!  Just make sure to go in and ask for it!

Buddy and I are currently working on NIGHT #3...it takes a little while because we can't quit "our day jobs" so we have to work on it during spare time....HA!  spare time!  So...we're hoping to have #3 in hand ready to sell on our own by Heroes Con here in Charlotte the third week in June. 

Also Buddy is planning on attending Chicago Comicon but I don't know if I'll personally make that one because my pack is going to have the addition of a new cub sometime during the first week of june....and momma doesn't really want me to run off to a comic con!

#39 2005-03-24 11:13:54

RedStreak

I need to get a copy of Night #2 - is it out yet? big_smile

"Let the trails lead where they may, I will follow"
-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#40 2005-03-24 11:20:49

jesterpress
Website

Redstreak...you can order it through us just like you did for the #1 if you'd like...just when you print off the order form at the website...mark out the #1 and put in #2 ....

or you can just wait until it's in Previews in June but that would mean it would ship in August.................and I don't think you could wait that long before you wolfed out!!

#41 2005-03-24 20:53:22

The Busboy
Administrator

I can't wait for part 3!

#42 2005-03-24 21:26:11

MarkOne
Website

Hey there. I got both issues of Night yesterday in the mail. I read them both and I was VERY impressed.

I liked the setup with the werewolf character, especially the fact that he can change into two forms: the wolfman mode and the all-out pure wolf mode. Very cool! I like to know how he can do that, what triggers those changes. Either way, it's well done.

I also liked the plot with the dueling gangs and how they all get involved with the werewolf and the FBI agents, and of course I love how the second issue ends with that final panel with the pack of wolves surrounding everyone. A perfect cliffhanger for issue #3.

Overall, I can't find anything wrong with both issues, although I like issue 2 the best, cause it gave a bit of a background on our young werewolf, whcich makes it a character I'm pulling for. I love the artwork too, although there are moments I'd love to see how it looks in color. But a great job all around and I CAN"T WAIT for issue #3!!!

Thanks for signing both issues as well guys! Keep up the good work!!!

#43 2005-03-24 22:59:55

NinjaWolf

I'm glad you liked them, MarkOne. I know where they work in my state, so if you need anything from them, let me know too. wink

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

#44 2005-04-15 22:43:37

The Busboy
Administrator

NinjaWolf wrote:

And also, Troy's expecting another male pup in his household this coming June, so be sure to congratulate the alpha male. wink

Congratulations Troy!

#45 2005-04-26 17:09:09

jesterpress
Website

i know most of you are not in the charlotte area but I thought I would at least mention that we'll be at the Charlotte Comicon at the Four Points Sheraton Hotel on Sunday May 1st.  Jester Press will also be set up at Heroes Con here in Charlotte the 3rd weekend in June...Hopefully the bubba guys will make it to that one again

hope it's not a full moon that weekend!
:-)

#46 2005-04-26 17:25:17

jesterpress
Website

hey,,,thanks for the great feedback MarkOne....it's really cool to see how real werewolf fans appreciate the book.   As far as the two transformations we kinda approach it like the hulk...the more angry David get's the more wolfish he becomes. He has some limited control over the transformations but when he get's angry or get's hurt and is in pain he transforms.  He can't help it.  But in the Jester Universe, just like real life, everyone is different.  That's what makes David so special is that he can still tell the difference between good and evil when he transforms.  He does not go all feral and loose the line between good and bad.  Sabrina see's this and that is why she chooses to let him go in the begining of Issue #2.  But there will be Full bad ass werewolves that just tear everything up.  Lot's of cool things coming up but I'll keep everyone posted on the progress of #3.  Also, I know a lot of you already have NIGHT #1 and #2 but I was finally able to broker a deal with Diamond so Jester Press will be offered in Previews Magazine starting with the JUNE Issue.  Night #1 will be in June Previews and Night #2 will be in July Previews. So if you don't have them yet it would be a prefect time to go to your local comic book store and request a copy.  We have to sell between 1000 and 1100 copies in order for Diamond to continue to carry us so PLEASE...TELL YOUR ENTIRE PACK !! 

thanks
troy

#47 2005-04-27 03:11:18

MarkOne
Website

Thanks for the kind reply, I really like your explanation about how David can change into either one of his forms. Nice touch about comparing his transformation to that of the Hulk as well, since I'm a huge fan of both werewolves and the Hulk. smile

Another thing I like about that character is how he looks just like someone I can visualize in one of my stories, so again a good job all around with the storyline and I am eagerly awaiting what's to come. I'm curious about how far ahead you're planning with this storyline.

Like I mentioned before, I'd love to see some of these visuals in color, especially the transformation, they're always the best to look at.

And lastly, since you guys have been going to comic cons, are you guys going to the Motor City Comic Con next month? I hope you guys do, cause that's where I'll be, and it's not far away from where I live.

Again, keep up the good work! Can't wait till issue #3 is done!

#48 2005-04-27 16:34:52

Tion
Website

how much is each comic im going to look for them they sound cool

if i see another one of you i will track you down...

#49 2005-04-27 19:50:30

Speedbump

Did someone say "color"?  *perk*

#50 2005-04-27 23:36:22

The Busboy
Administrator

Tion, you can check out their website for pricing info at: www.jesterpress.com

Board footer