The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#101 2005-09-21 04:06:51

BlueEyesWolf

Re: New comic "Night" by Jester Press

GRRR!! Leave the Turtles alone, ya art critics!

#102 2005-09-28 18:03:44

jesterpress
Website

To WolfVanZandt

Hopefully when you get Night #2 you see a big improvement on the art!  We are working hard to make sure each and every issue is an improvement over the previous issue

thanks for the feedback
troy
jesterpress

Last edited by jesterpress (2005-09-28 18:04:41)

#103 2005-09-28 20:16:51

Cadre
Website

Troy...

to be honest, I don't have a ton of time to come up with pencilling a pinup... I'd be more than willing to ink something up if ou have some pencilled piece you need inked. big_smile  Perhaps if there is something    Buddy has has and that would serve to ends... one: to show Buddy what my inks on his pencils could provide and two: help finalize a pin-up.

Jesse

jesterpress wrote:

For NIGHT #3, Buddy is wrapping up the half tones as I type...I just got a "corrected" ashcan back from a comic store customer of mine that happens to be a newspaper reporter so i thought he was the best choice to catch all the type-o's and missing commas! We absolutely have to go to print by the first week or so of october to make the Diamond shipping deadline so it's really up to buddy now as to when he wraps up those half tones...#3 is 32 pages instead of 24 for the same $2.95 so that's holding it back a little too but we're working hard to tighten it up...that's why i haven't posted much lately :-)

I'd love to see a pin-up from you Cadre...something to give to Buddy and make his ears perk up! I've spoken to him about you inking for us and we're still working on that end too, as you know...but a pin-up would be great for starters!  How's Bubba doing?  I'm really worried about this new purchasing policy Diamond has and I'm afraid that's going to make it a little tougher on us but we'll see...day by day and all that.

For Night #3 we've got a back cover by this airbruch artist by the name of Scott Rorie.  He's from Raleigh but he owned his own comic store in the Charlotte area several years ago and it's really cool to be working with him now on a comic instead of being a retail competitor so we are definately open to working with new artists...

hope that answers your questions Cadre...
as far as ordering from the website...we took down the order sheet from the webpage because Diamond had a policy that the books could not be available online..they don't want any competition....so we took it down during our appeal process and we'll probably put it back up after #3 ships but all I can do is say it's very important that you try to order the comics from your local shop...the higher the #'s the better chance Diamond will continue to carry our books! 

thanks
troy
jesterpress

#104 2005-09-28 20:23:23

WolfVanZandt
Website

Y'know, Jester, I'd almost rather not see a fast increase in quality of art simply because I would like to see the art grow with the comic. Most things, if you force them, don't go in the "right" direction. I've stuck with several comics and have been pleasantly surprised to see them grow into fantastic stories and works of art.

#105 2005-09-29 12:40:45

Cadre
Website

however, you don't produce higher sales without quality artwork... the hard part is holding on to the existing fans and still produce high enough quality to bring in new fans or the fans that might be brought in by good artwork as well as those that will be turned away if the artwork isn't up to snuff.  all things to keep in mind.

#106 2005-09-29 15:37:05

The Busboy
Administrator

I have a question for you all, it seems like it would be hard to launch a "new" comic book mini-series, as comic book stores have to order so early, and the customers who buy the books wouldn't know to ask about pre-orderes (as they don't get the catalogs themselves).  Luckily, the cool Dude at the comic store by me knows that I want every werewolf comic book that comes out, but still I don't always get all the comics in a series (like an issue or two might get missed), and you usually can't back order them I know.  If it wasn't for all the great posts from Jesterpress updating us here, the comic con I go to and the comic book guy by my place, I don't know if I would have been lucky enough to find all these comics (that's one of the reasons why I opened so many forum topics here so other people can get the chance to know about them too).  Any thoughts on how the werewolf comic book fans here can get comic books in their local areas?  And any other thoughts?

#107 2005-09-29 18:59:09

WolfVanZandt
Website

I never said I was normal.

(snooty look) I have a long term view of quality.............

Actually, I think people would stay if they saw perceptible and continuous evolution. I think that's what happened with Cerebus. Of course, the story line originally appealed to the Conan crowd, but enough "qualiity readers" saw enough potential to stick with it; but the Night story line is good. I think people would stay for that. But then, I don't produce comics.

#108 2005-10-04 19:24:56

jesterpress
Website

Cadre I'll see if I can get Buddy to throw something together for you to ink.  Y'know...MegaCon is only ...what like 4-5 months away now ?  So...in comic creating terms...that's gonna fly by....

ALSO:
NIGHT #2 shipping this week from Diamond. If your local shop doesn't get a copy here's the item # to give them!
: ITEM # JUL052964

#109 2005-10-04 19:29:53

jesterpress
Website

Busboy : Mainly the only way to get the small press indy comics is to go through Previews...and basically you have a 2 week window to A: Find the comic in the phone book that is a monthly Previews B: Go to your local store and order said book...that is if your local guy is an upfront salesman and actually orders the book for you and then C: Of course pick the book up when it comes in and hope that the store acutally remembers YOU ordered the book and doesn't sell it to someone else...

That's why I post all the "werewolf" related books here with the Previews Page #'s.... Cut's down on the HUNT factor you guys have to do through the Previews

Of course now with DIAMOND's new updated sales term policy.....EVEN if you order a small press horror book,  DIAMOND may not actually fill the orders.  It's sad news for us small press guys and I'm afraid now our only outlet will be online sales. But we'll adapt as we must to survive.  Not going to quit because of Diamond's policy changes

#110 2005-10-05 18:48:53

WolfVanZandt
Website

'coyrse, it's nice if you have a supplier that really wants to keep their customers.

smile

#111 2005-10-05 18:58:57

Cadre
Website

Tell ya what, you get something to me to ink... I'll do it ASAP if it means it's to be in the book. ;)  I'll also be at MegaCon as well as the FX Show in January. ;)

jesterpress wrote:

Cadre I'll see if I can get Buddy to throw something together for you to ink.  Y'know...MegaCon is only ...what like 4-5 months away now ?  So...in comic creating terms...that's gonna fly by....

ALSO:
NIGHT #2 shipping this week from Diamond. If your local shop doesn't get a copy here's the item # to give them!
: ITEM # JUL052964

#112 2005-10-07 15:27:50

jesterpress
Website

Cadre, 

Buddy is currently working on what was to be NIGHT #4 but with the Diamond changes in effect we will probably have to "re-name" it because Diamond is sure to refuse another issue of NIGHT because we didn't meet their sales #'s.  We're still quite a few months out on that book so I'll see if I can get some pencil work out of him...worst case we'll deliver it to ya at Mega....then you can just get it back to us once you are done throwing some ink on it!

#113 2005-10-09 13:22:17

Cadre
Website

sounds good... I'm not currently working on any werewolf books at the moment and it would be fun to throw some ink on some of our lycanthropic friends type. big_smile

#114 2005-10-09 16:32:59

Bad Wolf

jesterpress wrote:

Of course now with DIAMOND's new updated sales term policy.....EVEN if you order a small press horror book,  DIAMOND may not actually fill the orders.  It's sad news for us small press guys and I'm afraid now our only outlet will be online sales. But we'll adapt as we must to survive.  Not going to quit because of Diamond's policy changes

Yeah...F**K them dude...all they want is $ $ $ !!!
mad

It`s the BLING mentality dude...

Keep on doing what you love man.

cool
Bad

cool My Temp Gallery
The Bad Wolf of WWC! (I`m BIG...also.)  wink
Proud recipient of the 1st official X rating on WWC.
big_smile Happy to be a Bad Wolf & King of the X !

#115 2005-10-11 19:17:58

jesterpress
Website

HA! I wish it was that simple.  But it's their game so you gotta play by THEIR rules! GRRRR!! 

Anyway...NIGHT #3 is at the printers now so we'll probably have our copies in another week or so....which means Diamond will get their copies about the same time..with the 2 week check in period it should ship out hopefully October 26th or November 2nd

#116 2005-10-11 19:39:12

Cadre
Website

You know... when we hook up at MegaCon, I'm gonna want my own copies of all of them... Chris won't share his... lol.

#117 2005-10-11 20:32:53

The Busboy
Administrator

Looking forward to that issue 3 to find out how the story ends!

#118 2005-10-11 20:57:27

Bad Wolf

Cool...
cool
Bad

cool My Temp Gallery
The Bad Wolf of WWC! (I`m BIG...also.)  wink
Proud recipient of the 1st official X rating on WWC.
big_smile Happy to be a Bad Wolf & King of the X !

#119 2005-10-12 00:12:40

MarkOne
Website

The Busboy wrote:

Looking forward to that issue 3 to find out how the story ends!

Me too.

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#120 2005-10-15 19:52:55

RedStreak

Finally got issue #2 - its even more awesome than #1. smile

"Let the trails lead where they may, I will follow"
-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#121 2005-10-16 18:52:43

jesterpress
Website

Glad you liked it Red Streak!

#122 2005-10-16 19:03:47

The Busboy
Administrator

Yeah, it's a great series!

#123 2005-10-21 16:13:05

jesterpress
Website

We recieved our copies of NIGHT #3 from the printer today so Diamond should also have them which means they'll most likely ship out November 2nd!

If you missed it in Previews you can re-order it with Item # AUG053014S

#124 2005-10-21 16:18:42

jesterpress
Website

If you can't find NIGHT at your local shop...

You can simply drop a check or money order for $2.95 per issue + $2.00 shipping (mainly just to cover the padded envelope) to my store address listed below.  So for NIGHT 1,2 & 3 it would be $10.85  but ultimately it's better for us as a company, that you get it from your local shop.  SO we can prove to Diamond that we are "sellable". But if the shops don't give you satisfaction you can order 'em from us directly.

Jester Press
c/o Rebel Base Comics & Toys
701-C S. Sharon Amity
Charlotte NC 28211

#125 2005-10-22 20:32:50

jesterpress
Website

I have been selling copies of NIGHT #'s 1 & 2 for Katrina Relief up on Ebay. Here's the link to the most current auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 6572350930

Board footer