The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#76 2006-01-21 08:19:19

JamieD

Re: Underworld 2 (aka "Underworld: Evolution")

yeah...I took my daughter with me....geeezzzzz!!! I slapped my hand over her eyes for that scene and all the people around us started laughing at me!!!

I really liked the story...I do think michael got beaten up quite a bit but remember....he was newly made and unsure of what power he possessed.

I thought it was cool to introduce the father of Marcus and William...Alexander Corvinus. I'm confused a bit though...was he just an immortal? If that is the case then I understand why he blew himself up. He was stuck between a rock and a hard space loving both of his sons the way he did..

Gee...I wonder if in the next film there will be a little selene and michael? ROFLMAO!!

ask not for whom the bell tolls....it tolls for thee.

#77 2006-01-22 07:25:03

BlueEyesWolf

JamieD! What part of the "R" rating that you didn't understand? You should known by now wink before you took your daughter to that movie.

#78 2006-01-22 11:19:23

NinjaWolf

This was my review from my Dojo topic on Underworld 2:

Has anyone seen the new Underworld: Evolution movie yet? I got to hand it to this movie: this one picks up some of those scenes from the first Underworld beautifully, and more action-packed. Michael is more into his own powers now, and he and Selene have the coolest final fight scenes between Marcus, the new evil hybrid, and his brother William, the most powerful werewolf of them all. I sure could've wished for Erika, the seductress vampire, and Raze, the big muscular lycan to be in this movie though (including those other lycans who had survived after Selene killed Viktor at the end of the first movie). I went to their Underworld: Evolution homepage, and they said they were alive from the "Bloodline" (instead of an R.I.P. symbol on their bios), so I should of hoped they would return in this one. Maybe until the DVD comes out with an extended version of it? Who knows? *shrugs*

Anyway, I love the action scenes and I'm kinda glad neither side killed any humans in this movie, since the major plot was with Selene and Michael and Marcus. I give this movie a good 4/5 howls, since I wished their was more to it than those three, and I really needed to know what became of Erika, Raze, and perhaps the other survivors from the first movie.

JamieD wrote:

yeah...I took my daughter with me....geeezzzzz!!! I slapped my hand over her eyes for that scene and all the people around us started laughing at me!!!

You mean when Michael and Selene were *ahem* "getting it on"? Heh. Now you know what "R" ratings mean. tongue

BlueEyesWolf wrote:

I too thought about the surviving characters from the first movie after I saw the bodies on the grounds. Maybe they run off after their masters were killed by Selene & Michael?

Maybe, but still I'm a bit curious if they're still fighting against each other or going after Selene and Michael or one or both of them helping out against Marcus and William. And, what about that war between them still? They left that one very wide open! Perhaps then, they're planning on a third movie for that one? Many questions there...which is why I'm hoping they'll release an extended cut version like they did with the first one. Besides, now that Selene and Michael had killed Marcus and William, how will they be able to stop the endless war when they were like possibly the only survivors after Marcus and William were killed, with NO witnesses of their deaths?

I'm guessing a third movie will come out to explain this one, as well as a newer enemy...

Selene and Michael kicked ass! big_smile

Last edited by NinjaWolf (2006-01-22 11:26:33)

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

#79 2006-01-22 14:52:19

The Busboy
Administrator

Saw it last night and LOVED it!  I thought it was much better than the first one!  I was a bit surprised by how much gore was in this film (but I have to say it was a totally awesome movie).  Obviously there is going to be a part three now, and I bet Selene will have a kid with great powers.  Cool how Selene could go into the sun now (getting new powers from the king of all vampires).  Some of the CGI was done poorly, but for the most part it was very good.  I am so glad there was no crazy wall climbing (yea!), it was way more beliveable.  I thought this film was better than the first one!  Michael is kinda a subordinate character I noticed.

#80 2006-01-22 14:53:15

The Busboy
Administrator

JamieD wrote:

Gee...I wonder if in the next film there will be a little selene and michael? ROFLMAO!!

I think that's going to happen.

#81 2006-01-22 14:56:16

The Busboy
Administrator

JamieD wrote:

I thought it was cool to introduce the father of Marcus and William...Alexander Corvinus. I'm confused a bit though...was he just an immortal?

I understand him to be the king of all of them (the first one), so he had the most power.  If someone got to him and drank his blood,they would be as powerful as Selene now, plus he was dying anyway, plus it's a movie (so exessive drama is a given, ha, ha).

#82 2006-01-22 15:29:49

The Busboy
Administrator

I'm definitely getting the DVD when it comes out!

#83 2006-01-23 00:46:23

Bloodfang85
The Bad Guy
Website

Raze died in the first one. He got messed up by Viktor. And this one was SO much better than the first. All that extra money definetly makes a difference.

It doesn't know it yet, but my copy of Underworld Evolution is already bought,lol.

If each problem I have were a grain of sand, then I would inherit a desert.

#84 2006-01-23 00:54:47

LunaRenee

From Yahoo News

Weekend Box Office:

1. Underworld: Evolution, $27.6 million
2. Hoodwinked, $11 million

"Proving the old Hollywood axiom that teen boys will go see a leather-clad Kate Beckinsale no matter what the critics say, Underworld: Evolution debuted in 3,207 sites and averaged $8,606 per screen. The R-rated sequel, again helmed by Len Wiseman (aka Mr. Kate Beckinsale), had a "a fantastic start that delivered at the high end of expectations," according to a statement from the distributor, Sony's Screen Gems. The action-heavy fright flick also outperformed theoriginal, which opened with $21.8 million in 2003.

Underworld: Evolution accounted for 28 percent of ticket sales from Friday through Sunday, with the audience 55 percent male and 54 percent under 25.

A third installment is already on the drawing board."

That's good news for us!!!!

Last edited by LunaRenee (2006-01-23 00:55:47)

*Using my brain's vast storehouse of trivia for good, not evil*

#85 2006-01-23 01:02:00

The Busboy
Administrator

Cool LunaRenee, thank you for that post!

#86 2006-01-23 01:06:12

MarkOne
Website

Sweet!!! And it's number 1 at the box office too?! Excellent! I'll be seeing it on Monday. Can't wait!

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#87 2006-01-23 01:09:39

The Busboy
Administrator

You'll like it MarkOne. 
William should have been stronger and Alexander should have disciplined his kids more (ha, ha, you'll see what I mean after you see this flick).

#88 2006-01-23 02:15:53

Bloodfang85
The Bad Guy
Website

Hehe...I knew it was going to be a trilogy just a few months after the first one came out...

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com

I just wonder, after what happened in the second installment, how they are to make a third...

#89 2006-01-23 04:26:36

BlueEyesWolf

The Busboy wrote:

I am so glad there was no crazy wall climbing (yea!),

*Slaps forehead* D'OH! Forget to mention that! Yay! NO WEREWOLVES RUNNING ON WALLS AND CEILING IN THIS MOVIE! That is good because we are NOT Spider-Man!

#90 2006-01-23 19:32:45

NinjaWolf

That's true, Blue. I'd forgot about that one, too. LOL! lol

Bloodfang85 wrote:

Raze died in the first one. He got messed up by Viktor.

How could you tell? All those lycans looked the same. tongue

Last edited by NinjaWolf (2006-01-23 19:34:15)

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

#91 2006-01-23 19:46:58

The Busboy
Administrator

Bloodfang85 wrote:

Hehe...I knew it was going to be a trilogy just a few months after the first one came out...

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com

I just wonder, after what happened in the second installment, how they are to make a third...

There has to be a child of Selene and Michael involved I bet.

#92 2006-01-23 19:48:11

The Busboy
Administrator

BlueEyesWolf wrote:

The Busboy wrote:

I am so glad there was no crazy wall climbing (yea!),

*Slaps forehead* D'OH! Forget to mention that! Yay! NO WEREWOLVES RUNNING ON WALLS AND CEILING IN THIS MOVIE! That is good because we are NOT Spider-Man!

Yeah, it's so cool they didn't have that in this movie, maybe they read some on-line forums about it.

#93 2006-01-25 01:43:20

Bloodfang85
The Bad Guy
Website

NinjaWolf wrote:

That's true, Blue. I'd forgot about that one, too. LOL! lol

Bloodfang85 wrote:

Raze died in the first one. He got messed up by Viktor.

How could you tell? All those lycans looked the same. tongue

I'm pretty sure he was killed by Viktor, soon after he killed that guy with the dual whips(Kate's trainer in real life tongue).

...that and the fact he was totally absent in this one.

#94 2006-01-26 02:32:05

MarkOne
Website

OK, saw Underworld: Evolution Monday night and I LOVED it.

Definitely a whole lot better than the first one. The action was more ramped up and the fight scenes were more elaborateand choreographed than the first one, with the opening scenes and especially the climatic battle, which was the best by far. Well done!

The werewolves in this one looked a lot better and I loved how Markus looked in his vampire form with the way his wings expanded out like that. Shows what having some extra moneyfor the film can do.

I liked how they built on Selene and Michael's relationship from the first film too.

Also, no wall climbing werewolves, woo-hoo!!

Interesting angle introducing Alexander Corvinus into the mix. I'm with the Busboy on this one. He should've dispensed some more tough love between Markus and William, although I can understand why he was torn.

I also liked with the opening scene, how they showed a bit more of the history of the characters and even showing some flashbacks to the first. Good sign for a sequel, to build on the story and depth of the characters, rather than just rehash what we saw in the first.

But with all that, there was some downpoints. They had a lot more gore than the first one (not that I don't like it, mind you). They should've been a little more slower with the werewolf transformations, even though they were a lot better than the first. They didn't need to push the fast forward button sometimes with all of them. I loved how they made William look like he was the king of the wolves, but I think the climatic battle between him and Michael should've lasted a hell of a lot longer. I mean, if William's the first of the line of werewolves, then he should've been a lot more stronger than Michael and kicked a lot more butt or at least done some major damage to him. And I'm sorry, but Michael's werewolf/vampire hybrid look, although a lot better than the first, still doesn't work for me.

But overall, it was a good film and a definite improvement on the original. I intend to buy the DVD, heck even the unrated director's cut version like they did with the first film should they go that route. And since it's number one at the box office, pretty much ensuring there will be a third, I say touch on the past some more, bring in Selene and Michael's kid into the mix and maybe introduce a new villian into play that should really turn both the vampire and werewolf clans on their ear.

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#95 2006-01-27 18:39:52

The Busboy
Administrator

"Underworld Evolution" movie props for sale:
check out the link at http://www.premiereprops.com/index.php/cPath/45

#96 2006-01-28 14:33:42

Bloodfang85
The Bad Guy
Website

Wow...there is some really cool stuff up for sale. Dunno why, but I want a box of UV Bullets...but not for that price, lol.

#97 2006-01-28 17:39:12

The Busboy
Administrator

Bloodfang85 wrote:

Wow...there is some really cool stuff up for sale. Dunno why, but I want a box of UV Bullets...but not for that price, lol.

Ha, I here ya, the UV bullets props were cool in that movie.....but expensive in reality, ha, ha!

#98 2006-01-31 00:27:33

LunaRenee

Umm, Busboy, can I borrow $10k.  There's a little Death Dealer costume I think I need to see hanging in my closet.  Actually, if you loan me another couple of hundred, I could buy a mannequin or dress form to display it on in my living room. 

What's that, you won't loan me the money, but insist on giving it to me as a gift!  Busboy!!  You're too kind.  big_smile

*Using my brain's vast storehouse of trivia for good, not evil*

#99 2006-01-31 07:07:36

BlueEyesWolf

Lucky girl, you LunaRenee.

#100 2006-01-31 18:19:18

The Busboy
Administrator

WOW, that's expensive-a-rino!

Board footer