The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#2026 2009-12-02 09:32:13

RealDealBubba
Website

Re: Bubba The Redneck Werewolf Comic: Honorary Forum

Hey! A big thanks  to Fuzzball for a really cool bumper sticker she sent me. Also, to those of you who have sent e-mail and other greetings for the holidays! So anyone got any big plans coming up?

Hey! Somebody EAT that singin' fat lady...'Cause It's ALWAYS Bubba Time!

#2027 2009-12-02 14:58:39

Fuzzball
Website

You're sweet.
Plans?  Hmm.  Dunno.  I plan to eat macaroni and cheese from a box for supper...

We are all animals, my lady.  Most are to afraid to see it!
Darkness, from Legend

#2028 2009-12-03 09:39:36

RealDealBubba
Website

Although I am a big fan of the Blue box....I meant werewolf style celebrations for the coming Yuletide. 
Any ideas?

#2029 2009-12-17 18:30:35

RealDealBubba
Website

Okay...It's been a rough decision...but I'm announcing a complete re-launch of Bubba. You'll soon be able to get the farewell issue of the Bubba introduced in 2001 soon. 

What I have planned for the near future is a Bubba for the world of today. We need a real hero and someone who has his feet in several worlds at the same time. Also written and drawn by those of us who have lived quite a bit and have seen even more.

I am the originator of the 24/7 werewolf who can move through society with only a few bumps on the road.  The Bubba you'll be seing is kind of like the one I originally published back in 1996.

So, enjoy the farewell story coming soon and get ready for a Werewolf that no other team of artist and writer could bring you. Because, this other person working with me, has traveled to some even more exotic places and has seen even weirder things than I have.  We've both been rich and we've been poor. Married and divorced. Parents and then empty nesters. Bums and Kings. Prisoner and free. Southner who has lived in the north and Northener who has lived in the south. You'll see the human condition on a level that someone with our life experience could bring you. You'll learn about the nature of both man and beast. Plus as a former large animal trainer...Well...you'll see.

And don't be upset all of you who love the current Bubba. It was your love of my character that has helped change the face of comics.  I just learned that former artist for the fan powered issue now was considered part of a two man team that has gotten a ten best comics award from MTV. And now I'm hearing from lots of folks in and out of the industry who give Bubba credit for changing quitea few things in the comics world.  There were triumphs and horros along the way. Some friends still here and others gone. I was tough when I had to be and helped whoever truly deserved it whther they thanked me afterward or not. You do what you do in this world. This is why I'm re-birthing our boy from FLA.

Bubba has also launched at least six professional and successful folks besides yours truly. I'm proud to ahve been there to do what no one else had the guts of faith to try.

I'm still here at the Cafe and look forward to what you'll all be saying in the next few months about the end  and beginning of Bubba.

Happy Holidays and welcome the New Year as I do...With an open mind and heart.

Last edited by RealDealBubba (2009-12-17 18:36:18)

#2030 2009-12-18 00:21:29

Fuzzball
Website

Why the change?

Darkness, from Legend

#2031 2009-12-20 10:27:31

RealDealBubba
Website

Well,  I just feel that he's not  not growing. I think it's time to take him back to his roots for a bit. This will also give  Bubba to become the true anti-hero he was designed to be.  He will be darker, but there will be more mature comedy about him as well. Life and the world changes and he can bea more positive and more  philisophical without being clownish. Just like we all are.  Heneeds to really show  those vigilante and outsider abilities he hints at.

#2032 2009-12-22 11:58:28

The Busboy
Administrator

Happy holidays RealDealBubba!!

#2033 2009-12-23 10:11:59

RealDealBubba
Website

Hey same to  You, Sir1 And to all of you Lycans...HAIRY Christmas!  Told ya I wasn't losing the Humor. LOL!

#2034 2009-12-23 13:20:45

Fuzzball
Website

Up here in the Great Frozen Northlands, having a hairy Christmas is good.  Keeps us warm.  Hoary, now; that's another thing entirely.  The folks with that description tend not to be here this time of year.

Last edited by Fuzzball (2009-12-23 13:22:04)

Darkness, from Legend

#2035 2009-12-24 19:17:28

wolfsongx

RealDealBubba wrote:

Okay...It's been a rough decision...but I'm announcing a complete re-launch of Bubba. You'll soon be able to get the farewell issue of the Bubba introduced in 2001 soon. 

What I have planned for the near future is a Bubba for the world of today. We need a real hero and someone who has his feet in several worlds at the same time. Also written and drawn by those of us who have lived quite a bit and have seen even more.

I am the originator of the 24/7 werewolf who can move through society with only a few bumps on the road.  The Bubba you'll be seing is kind of like the one I originally published back in 1996.

So, enjoy the farewell story coming soon and get ready for a Werewolf that no other team of artist and writer could bring you. Because, this other person working with me, has traveled to some even more exotic places and has seen even weirder things than I have.  We've both been rich and we've been poor. Married and divorced. Parents and then empty nesters. Bums and Kings. Prisoner and free. Southner who has lived in the north and Northener who has lived in the south. You'll see the human condition on a level that someone with our life experience could bring you. You'll learn about the nature of both man and beast. Plus as a former large animal trainer...Well...you'll see.

And don't be upset all of you who love the current Bubba. It was your love of my character that has helped change the face of comics.  I just learned that former artist for the fan powered issue now was considered part of a two man team that has gotten a ten best comics award from MTV. And now I'm hearing from lots of folks in and out of the industry who give Bubba credit for changing quitea few things in the comics world.  There were triumphs and horros along the way. Some friends still here and others gone. I was tough when I had to be and helped whoever truly deserved it whther they thanked me afterward or not. You do what you do in this world. This is why I'm re-birthing our boy from FLA.

Bubba has also launched at least six professional and successful folks besides yours truly. I'm proud to ahve been there to do what no one else had the guts of faith to try.

I'm still here at the Cafe and look forward to what you'll all be saying in the next few months about the end  and beginning of Bubba.

Happy Holidays and welcome the New Year as I do...With an open mind and heart.

Ok cool.  Happy Christmas RealDeal.  smile

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#2036 2010-01-01 10:15:26

RealDealBubba
Website

Happy New Year, Yall!!

#2037 2010-01-01 10:56:49

wolfsongx

RealDealBubba wrote:

Happy New Year, Yall!!

Happy New Yowl RealDeal!

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#2038 2010-01-17 10:15:16

RealDealBubba
Website

Hey, just got in the concept art for the new Bubba. Holy Geez! I'll be posting it soon! Also, some surprising celeb endorsement for the new direction coming soon from of all places... the music industry. Cool!

#2039 2010-01-17 10:48:02

Fuzzball
Website

I wanna see Bubba chillin' with Elvis.  Particularly the mummy-whuppin' Elvis played by Bruce Campbell.

Last edited by Fuzzball (2010-01-17 10:48:36)

Darkness, from Legend

#2040 2010-01-18 09:49:21

RealDealBubba
Website

Ya know...that kinda thing won't be too far from what we're planning. Insightful person ,this Fuzzball...

#2041 2010-01-19 00:23:40

Fuzzball
Website

.................................The Bruceness is gonna be in it!

Wait; he's not a musician.  Oh well.

Last edited by Fuzzball (2010-01-19 00:24:27)

Darkness, from Legend

#2042 2010-01-19 05:35:01

wolfsongx

RealDealBubba wrote:

Ya know...that kinda thing won't be too far from what we're planning. Insightful person ,this Fuzzball...

WOWZER!

#2043 2010-01-19 23:06:32

Fuzzball
Website

Ahoy, Inspector Gadget.

Darkness, from Legend

#2044 2010-01-20 10:11:17

RealDealBubba
Website

Lol!

#2045 2010-01-23 21:38:58

wolfsongx

Fuzzball wrote:

Ahoy, Inspector Gadget.

tongue

#2046 2010-02-21 11:51:32

jesterpress
Website

Mitch, I'm sure you'll come up with something superbly cool to take Bubba into the new decade!

#2047 2010-04-15 17:02:39

Fuzzball
Website

I found these in Walgreen's yesterday and just had to share.  If only it were a wolf instead of a rabbit.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Siiri/BubbaGum.jpg

Darkness, from Legend

#2048 2010-04-29 10:28:12

RealDealBubba
Website

Okay, listen up folks! I'm back for a little bit. I saw the busboy in Chicago and it was just good to talk a little werewolf with him and the guys at Jester press. Check out their books sometime. they're just good fun!
Fuzzball, that is the evilest bunny I've ever seen! Good work, ladywolf!

i've been busy promoting a new novel (No, it ain't Bubba) and so I've been a bit out of the loop lately. I'm back so just keep checking here to see what's up with Bubba. Hang on...I'm working on it.
Be well, Ya'll!

#2049 2010-04-29 20:01:35

Fuzzball
Website

Aw, thanks.  And what's the name of the new stuff?

Darkness, from Legend

#2050 2010-05-20 08:33:32

RealDealBubba
Website

The new book is called "Hitmen in Paradise" and it's already into it's second printing.  If you all want to know more than just go to my word press page and you can see stuff about Bubba, my writing and of course...Hitmen! Now, go. Hey, I see you sitting there...now Go!! LOL!

Board footer