The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#2051 2010-05-29 19:13:29

Lupa

Re: Bubba The Redneck Werewolf Comic: Honorary Forum

RealDealBubba wrote:

The new book is called "Hitmen in Paradise" and it's already into it's second printing.  If you all want to know more than just go to my word press page and you can see stuff about Bubba, my writing and of course...Hitmen! Now, go. Hey, I see you sitting there...now Go!! LOL!

I'm interested, but I don't know your WordPress. Mind tellin'? ^^;

Dead I am the Dog, Hound of Hell you Cry
Devil on your Back, I can never Die

#2052 2010-07-13 14:52:41

jesterpress
Website

hey mitch?  you hitting SDCC?  if you are,  Jester Press Comics will be located at Small Press O07 for SAN DIEGO COMIC CON come by and say hey!

#2053 2010-07-27 20:42:24

WolfmanHal
Wandering Wolf
Website

Wow this furbag is still around? I thought the mega fleas would have carried him off by now.....har,har,har! I am just kidding and if Bubba goes down so do i hell i still wear the costume and try to go to conventions. We need Bubba and he needs us! Lets keep this werewolf from sinking in the swamp or in my case getting crushed by the falling trees here in the mountians of PA. Keep kicking butt Real Deal Bubba i am still your hitman!

We create fire and make stones fly,,,,To them we are Gods!
                                                                        Quote from White Fang

#2054 2010-09-14 21:40:18

Hemming
Swift as a Hunter

I read Mitch's book! and it is really good! "Hitmen in Paradise" is and intersting read. Vinnie and Mook are awesome!
Plus Bubba is a great werewolf comic! Read most of those!

Flying through the trees barely touching the ground. Feeling the wind rush by and the small critters trying to hide. ~ T.N.
I'm an Alpha... any questions?

#2055 2010-11-26 14:35:46

DeadWolf

I never thought I would say this. But is the redneck werewolf really die off this quickly?

#2056 2010-11-27 20:22:00

Fuzzball
Website

I hope not.  Why?  Did you hear something?

We are all animals, my lady.  Most are to afraid to see it!
Darkness, from Legend

#2057 2010-11-28 03:26:25

DeadWolf

Just have not seen anything posted for awlile

#2058 2010-11-28 10:28:20

Fuzzball
Website

I think it might just be that this place is slowing down.

Darkness, from Legend

#2059 2010-12-01 12:30:35

DeadWolf

Yeah but this is usually the " Bubba Headquarters" For news and updates. I even spoke to one of the old artists from Bubba Shawn Surface. He has informed me , that him and Mitch are not on talking terms and Shawn has not heard anything about Bubba. According to his sources, Mitch is focused on novels now....So is this the end of Bubba?

#2060 2010-12-04 10:40:55

RealDealBubba
Website

Hey! Is this thing on? LOL! Okay, were-folks...I'm back! Now let's get some business nailed up...

1. Bubba ain't gone yet! I just came back from pitching a few concepts to one of the biggest entertainment companies around and they thought Bubba, Vinnie and Mook and another project I've been keeping under wraps were pretty cool.  The funny part is that they came to see me do several writers panels when I was guest at the Spooky Empire show and wanted original ideas, not some of the usual stuff where people rip off established concepts, characters and then do a mish-mosh of old TV, comic and movie stuff. So, that being said...If anything comes of it...I'll let ya'll know. I just ain't gonna get all head up about it and ya'll should do the same. But it looks good and they contacted me first...so we'll see...

2. I am working mostly on novels for Vinnie and Mook. Even got me a damn Yankee agent who has contacted some major book publishers in (Gulp) New York. I feel like a traitor to the cause. LOL! But there are two more "Hitmen " books coming real soon...maybe sooner if the damn advance checks cash. 

3. Shawn  is still the best Bubba (and in general) comic artist I ever met. Personally we have some differences... but friends have falling outs all the time. I'm mostly done with comics because I just wasn't having any fun anymore, but I ain't done with Shawn. Hear that ya big galoot?

4. And you folks remember this....The Werewolf cafe' was and still is the first and truest place for people like us who love the Lycans. As the creator of the first 24/7 werewolf character... I appreciate originals. This place is just that...an Original. If anyone needs to contact me just send me an E-mail and I'll get back to you in a few days.  I apologize for being gone...but I've really been putting the old creative engine on over drive and it's been payin' off. 

Okay, in the meantime...Enjoy the holiday season and make sure you take care of those who are alone and feelin' blue. A dinner, a good word or just getting together for no reason at all can do much to make  this a better season and life for people. And volunteer at a shelter this holiday...tell some jokes, make them laugh and you'd be surprised what that can do to get them back on the road up.  And always do the right thing...you'll know if you're bein' a butthead...your karma and your life will reflect it for all to see.

Be well and bless ya'll!

Hey! Somebody EAT that singin' fat lady...'Cause It's ALWAYS Bubba Time!

#2061 2010-12-07 13:14:59

Fuzzball
Website

In my experience, a butthead's condition usually prevents them from seeing themselves clearly.

Darkness, from Legend

#2062 2010-12-09 09:04:59

RealDealBubba
Website

And so  fuzz ball nails it up again! Hey, Happy solstice and a great new year to you especially, lady!

#2063 2010-12-10 09:16:21

Cadre
Website

Don't forget us Mitcharooooo... we haven't forgotten you.
Keep in touch mister... cadre@cadrecorner.com

Been out of the comic scene myself for quite some time, busy doing novel covers, illustrations, tshirt designs etc...

Jesse "Cadre" Hansen
Proud papa of his new son, Cadre Lee Hansen. big_smile big_smile

RealDealBubba wrote:

Hey! Is this thing on? LOL! Okay, were-folks...I'm back! Now let's get some business nailed up...

1. Bubba ain't gone yet! I just came back from pitching a few concepts to one of the biggest entertainment companies around and they thought Bubba, Vinnie and Mook and another project I've been keeping under wraps were pretty cool.  The funny part is that they came to see me do several writers panels when I was guest at the Spooky Empire show and wanted original ideas, not some of the usual stuff where people rip off established concepts, characters and then do a mish-mosh of old TV, comic and movie stuff. So, that being said...If anything comes of it...I'll let ya'll know. I just ain't gonna get all head up about it and ya'll should do the same. But it looks good and they contacted me first...so we'll see...

2. I am working mostly on novels for Vinnie and Mook. Even got me a damn Yankee agent who has contacted some major book publishers in (Gulp) New York. I feel like a traitor to the cause. LOL! But there are two more "Hitmen " books coming real soon...maybe sooner if the damn advance checks cash. 

3. Shawn  is still the best Bubba (and in general) comic artist I ever met. Personally we have some differences... but friends have falling outs all the time. I'm mostly done with comics because I just wasn't having any fun anymore, but I ain't done with Shawn. Hear that ya big galoot?

4. And you folks remember this....The Werewolf cafe' was and still is the first and truest place for people like us who love the Lycans. As the creator of the first 24/7 werewolf character... I appreciate originals. This place is just that...an Original. If anyone needs to contact me just send me an E-mail and I'll get back to you in a few days.  I apologize for being gone...but I've really been putting the old creative engine on over drive and it's been payin' off. 

Okay, in the meantime...Enjoy the holiday season and make sure you take care of those who are alone and feelin' blue. A dinner, a good word or just getting together for no reason at all can do much to make  this a better season and life for people. And volunteer at a shelter this holiday...tell some jokes, make them laugh and you'd be surprised what that can do to get them back on the road up.  And always do the right thing...you'll know if you're bein' a butthead...your karma and your life will reflect it for all to see.

Be well and bless ya'll!

#2064 2010-12-12 10:10:37

RealDealBubba
Website

Cadre! Congratulations!! Actually heard from 'Canonball' via John C.  Typical  Cannonball, he dialed the wrong number and ironically got john. He's doing fine. Keep on with the art, pal. The comic biz is always  going to be there, so you can jump back in anytime but sounds like you're doing damn well. Keep it goingon the other art projects!

#2065 2010-12-14 03:25:15

SWAMP THING
Website

My ears were burning somethin fierce the past couple of days so I just know people have been talking about yours truly, yes HHHEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS  BBBBAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKK! The one ,the only, sweet lovable SWAMP THING is in the hiseeee. Sorry I haven't been on for a while...been on a sabbatical of sorts and been hard at work to get some stuff ready for convention season next year.
    Also am in the process of revamping my website at; http://www.surfaceartstudios.com and come January/2011 I'll be announcing the launch of another website dedicated to my creator imprint "PEACENIK PRESS" so stay tuned.
   Hope all is doing well in the cafe and that everyone is enjoying the holidays as best as they can-just wanted to "pop" in and inform everyone that yes, I am still among the living so all you pack members have a great Christmas, Hanukka, Kwanzaa, and for all you atheists out there...just have a good one!
                                                                                         Keep it real-Peace wink Shawn Surface
                                                                                                                        SURFACE ART STUDIOS.  :COOL:

"Get your're stinking paws off me you DAMN DIRTY APE!"

#2066 2010-12-17 08:58:48

RealDealBubba
Website

It's Alive! It's Alive!  Swamp thing still lurks in the backwaters of the world.  And knowin' Shawn...i'd like to see him take out a few of those "Swamp People" gator baiters from Lousiana. Trust me, he'd give them a real fight. LOL!

Welcome home oh wandering Prodigal artist.

#2067 2010-12-23 15:21:39

Fuzzball
Website

RealDealBubba wrote:

And so Fuzzball nails it up again! Hey, Happy solstice and a great new year to you especially, lady!

Aww thanks.  That'll help me get through the next month.  Guess what?  I'm going to jail!  Wee!

Darkness, from Legend

#2068 2011-01-12 11:33:44

Cadre
Website

thanks to those that sent me well wishes and congrats... always good to know who your friends are.
Keep rockin' Mitch! If you need me, you can always find me at cadre@cadrecorner.com Taters for now.

#2069 2011-01-22 13:55:33

Fuzzball
Website

Turnips for later? wink
Were you sick or something?  Anyways, I got out the 18th.  Yay!

Last edited by Fuzzball (2011-01-22 13:55:57)

Darkness, from Legend

#2070 2011-04-29 04:08:08

SWAMP THING
Website

DeadWolf wrote:

Yeah but this is usually the " Bubba Headquarters" For news and updates. I even spoke to one of the old artists from Bubba Shawn Surface. He has informed me , that him and Mitch are not on talking terms and Shawn has not heard anything about Bubba. According to his sources, Mitch is focused on novels now....So is this the end of Bubba?

Well Deadwolf ,don't know where you got your info considering that I am Shawn Surface and I did see and talked with Mitch at this year's MegaCon! As for BUBBA and any further adventures that is up to his creator (Mitch) to handle, he knows if he needs an artist for any further adventures I'd be happy to take it on. Right now though Mr. Hyman is currently enjoying his new venture into the world of novel writing and I wish him nothing but success on this and all future endeavors... smile

"Get your're stinking paws off me you DAMN DIRTY APE!"

#2071 2011-05-22 10:14:07

RealDealBubba
Website

Hey! I'm ack to ground fellow Lycans.  Been expanding my pack and getting a lot of book work going. by the way, if you attend Spooky Empire Mayhem this coming weekend. you can get the Dr. Sarcophagis  book which contains a great werewolf story among other eerie goodies. And speaking of books... here's the good news...there IS a Bubba Novel and it will be  available for download  by this fall from Kindle, Nook, etc...Anyone interested? By the way, Shawn...I owe ya large  for the kind words. This man is a great guy and one seriously talented artist!

#2072 2012-01-13 11:40:15

JokerWolf
Resident Prankster
Website

I recently began to read this series. I'm friends with Mitch on Facebook and usually talk to him about once a day. I have been going through this entire thread and it's awesome, but what? No love for Bubba anymore? Mitch still needs us like he always has, even if he doesn't regularly release stuff. He said that as soon as he can write one more Bubba comic, he would like to do a trade paperback.

Third world children are plentiful. Fossil fuels are scarce. We need to burn something.

Help control the pet population, I'm hungry

#2073 2012-01-13 11:41:33

JokerWolf
Resident Prankster
Website

Of course, that could be a while since he is still working on the novel, but we need to keep the spirit of Bubba alive.

Third world children are plentiful. Fossil fuels are scarce. We need to burn something.

Help control the pet population, I'm hungry

#2074 2012-01-13 11:48:30

Fuzzball
Website

Yeah...I just do not see that happening now. sad

Darkness, from Legend

#2075 2012-01-13 12:34:06

Cadre
Website

I, as anyone knows, will always hold a special place for Bubba the Redneck Werewolf character and more importantly Mitch Hyman himself as a person and individual. He knows that if he ever needs me, I'm here for him. I'd love to make a series of prints of Bubba or something along those lines... perhaps a series of tshirt designs based on past books even... the sky is the limit IF Mitch were to give the go ahead. big_smile

Miss all of yuns.

Currently rebuilding the Cadre Corner Studios as we speak btw. big_smile

Board footer