The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-29 21:46:37

SabreWolfGarouQueen_84
Website

How often do you expreience shifts no matter what kind?

I know there has been plenty of topics about shifting, but none about just how many times you may have during a day, weeks months etc..etc..

#2 2007-03-29 22:18:15

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Re: How often do you expreience shifts no matter what kind?

Week-3 sometimes up to 6,depending on my moods and most all are mental and a few dream.

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#3 2007-03-29 22:38:51

WolfVanZandt
Website

There are Therians (like me) called Contherianthropes, that never shift.

#4 2007-03-29 22:48:27

WolfMontana

I've only done it once I guess and it pounced on me after someone posted about lamb on here. *sheepish grin*

... *unintentionally puns*

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#5 2007-03-30 00:08:47

SabreWolfGarouQueen_84
Website

okies heh I think I worded this wrong..How many shifts do you have as far an Phantom, mental,dream,partials, an full?

#6 2007-03-30 02:08:25

CatWolf4891

Many dream shifts for me; sometimes wolf, sometimes cat, sometimes...other!  But for some reason, the wolf shifts seem way more intense than any other, second to the cat shifts.  For a long time I had been acting like a cat cause it felt better at times than acting human.  But, any real mental shifts I've experienced had been of the wolf, it most of it without warning...so that's been making me think.  I don't mind the idea that, if I had to choose, I'd become a werecat.  But considering the other facts (Wolf dream shifting more intense/mental shifts mainly wolf), maybe I was destined to have a different spirit.  It's becoming a bit confusing; i don't know ^^;

The Full Moon to humans is just a rock; The Full Moon to me is a symbol of freedom and release
A Howl to humans scare them; A Howl to me is a harmonious song...
And I Howl back.
I am SUCH the Romantic big_smile   Awwoooooooooo!

#7 2007-03-30 11:40:49

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

For my account, it's pretty hard to quantify the frequencies (wow, big words...lol) because I don't really control anything. Phantom shifts, not often but dreams and mental ones...most of the time. But you know, I'm not sure of anything, I'm pretty much animalistic...

#8 2007-03-30 15:15:13

something.....?
Website

I have shifts of my feet after I'm done BEERING.

Right, kick ass. Well, don't want to sound like a dick or nothin', but, ah... it says on your chart that you're gently caressed up. Ah, you talk like a cigarette, and your shite's all retarded. What I'd do, is just like... like... you know, like, you know what I mean, like...

#9 2007-04-06 18:20:28

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

A question about shifting, is it possible that a mental shift may lead to a dream shift and vice versa?

Another one, if a person has more and more dream, phantom and mental shifts, do they have physical impacts? Sorry if it's a bit hazy...lol If you need more clarity, feel free to ask me, I'll do my best to make it clearer. wink

#10 2007-04-06 18:39:06

CatWolf4891

I think it's understandable.

For the mental shift leading to a dream shift, it's hard to remember by experience.  I do recall lately from last week that, when I had that weird mental shift out of nowhere, I did recall having wolf/werewolf dreams, but not in my control or very vivid, more like normal WTH dreams (What the heck).  Anyone else had experiences like that?

As for the second part...Not a whole lot of physical impact.  The only thing from such I've experienced was after a bunch of dream shifts I had in one week, I started feel way to hyper and energized, like a very happy puppy or kitten I suppose big_smile, and I kinda feel disconnected from myself for a little bit after words, like the RL world isn't MY world.  But it'd only last for a few hours or so.  Hmm...then again, I started growing a long strand of hair on my cheek once or twice...like a whisker lol  That's my side of the experience.  Wish there was more big_smile.

The Full Moon to humans is just a rock; The Full Moon to me is a symbol of freedom and release
A Howl to humans scare them; A Howl to me is a harmonious song...
And I Howl back.
I am SUCH the Romantic big_smile   Awwoooooooooo!

#11 2007-04-06 18:59:24

BlackWolfDS
The Fur-Covered Biologist

You mean like going into a metal shift, then falling asleep and going into a dream shift?
That sounds possible, but how often would it happen?
Personally...I haven't been getting as many shifts as I once did...probably becuase I'm stressed at school and with college soon coming up -_-

For the second part....I think it depends on the person. It could affect them mentally but physically? Hmmm,....maybe...I don't know how much help I am right now... *sigh*

#12 2007-04-06 19:22:41

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

CatWolf4891 wrote:

The only thing from such I've experienced was after a bunch of dream shifts I had in one week, I started feel way to hyper and energized, like a very happy puppy or kitten I suppose

Yeah had that too, like this morning I felt like chasing after people lol.

CatWolf4891 wrote:

I started growing a long strand of hair on my cheek once or twice...like a whisker lol  That's my side of the experience.  Wish there was more big_smile.

lol Me too!! I plucked it out of course... lol But that what I'm talking about, weird changes on your body. Not big changes of course. Just small oddities. Not just hairs.

BlackWolfDS wrote:

You mean like going into a metal shift, then falling asleep and going into a dream shift?
That sounds possible, but how often would it happen?
Personally...I haven't been getting as many shifts as I once did...probably becuase I'm stressed at school and with college soon coming up -_-

For the second part....I think it depends on the person. It could affect them mentally but physically? Hmmm,....maybe...I don't know how much help I am right now... *sigh*

How ofter it would happen, I don't know I mean, that's why I'm asking.

And don't worry BW, I'm just asking to share your ideas I mean if I don't get answers that's okay. wink It's the intention that counts. wink

#13 2007-04-06 23:58:07

WolfVanZandt
Website

I think that the more you feel your phantom body, the more it'll be in your dreams. Also, dreaming is rehearsal for real life. I suspect that the more a person dreams as a wolf (or whatever their theriotype is), the more they'll feel comfortable in the role in waking life.

There's something that happens to me occasionally that I call a psuedoshift. it seems that my body is trying to conform to my phantom body. I'll wake up and all my muscles are writhing - it feels like works under my skin - not particularly painful but seriously uncomfortable.

#14 2007-04-07 12:40:14

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

Interesting...well if you have more to add, go ahead!

#15 2007-04-07 13:50:32

WolfVanZandt
Website

Heh, only I see where I typed "works" where I meant "worms".

#16 2007-04-07 13:57:28

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

I interpreted it as if  it "works" under your skin like you know, it moves. lol wink

#17 2007-04-08 04:31:12

BlueEyesWolf

EW! yikes

#18 2007-04-09 08:11:56

something.....?
Website

Maggots under your skin?
O_o

Right, kick ass. Well, don't want to sound like a dick or nothin', but, ah... it says on your chart that you're gently caressed up. Ah, you talk like a cigarette, and your shite's all retarded. What I'd do, is just like... like... you know, like, you know what I mean, like...

#19 2007-04-09 11:31:58

BlackWolfDS
The Fur-Covered Biologist

When you say you have that wriggling under you skin...is it a feeling where you almost want to scratch at the spots until they go away? cause I just woke up...and I have it....feels weird.. >.<

#20 2007-04-09 17:59:33

LoupGarouAngel
Website

I have had that,but the most common thing for me is a phantom shift in my legs and they get this burst of energy that is sooo strong.ANyone else?

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#21 2007-04-09 23:21:44

WolfVanZandt
Website

It feels like worms writhing under my skin - pretty much all over.

#22 2007-04-10 04:58:41

BlueEyesWolf

EW again! yikes

#23 2007-04-10 21:58:14

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, I didn't really put in an order for it.

tongue

#24 2007-04-10 23:43:58

Chaos Wyldrider

as on the subject of mental shiifts... has anyone got to the point where they can control mental shifts?

As far as physical changes?  I know I've felt my skin ripple a few times... I had to hide my hands a few times.  Most of my physical changes happen out of anger or thrill.

I've only had a few dream shifts, but I dont really remember them.

Chaos Wyldrider
mate to Rogue Wyldrider
adoptive father to Tallon
father of Sayani, Soren and Kronos

#25 2007-04-11 10:57:14

Black_Fur
Pancake dealer
Website

For my part I don't control anything yet. And frankly it's the least of my worries. lol

Board footer