The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2007-04-11 23:10:11

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: How often do you expreience shifts no matter what kind?

I never had problems with mental shifts simply because I never tried to control them.

#27 2007-05-01 14:11:47

seWeReWoLfRaGe

Uh well sometimes i hold off my shifts but i shift at will

YOU STOLE FIZZY LIFTING DRINKS!!! YOU GET NOTHING!!! GOOD DAY SIR!!

#28 2007-05-01 14:14:58

FenrirTherion
Website

I carefully plan and ritualize my shifts at this point in my life.
when I was younger, they would come unknowingly sometimes, but I learned what triggers them and how to create them on my own schedule.

Ritual Magic is a useful "control" tool.

http://www.theriantemple.org
Because Animals Live AND Think Freely!

#29 2007-07-15 01:52:57

native-lycan
Website

well I'll have to say I allways control my shifts, because like everybody here, the shifting is part of who I am....

I'm A True Follower Of The Ancient Ways, Which Include Believing In Ancient Spirits, Like The Spirit Of Predators Like The Wolf Or The Jaguar, This Are My Spirit Guides..... THE DARK PREDATOR WILL PREY ON YOUR SOUL, I'M THE WEREJAGUARWOLF.......GRGRRRRR!!!

#30 2009-06-13 15:27:27

werewolf4ever

For me i have the normal once a month full moon shift. and i have dream shifts pretty much everynight before and after that. I also have some phantom shifts here and there too.

The only thing that makes me feel alive, a full moon.

#31 2009-06-13 19:54:10

WerewolfLeaAnn

at least 4 times a week and it feels like all this energy and this energy wants out...

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#32 2009-07-26 04:14:25

Triox

Chaos Wyldrider wrote:

as on the subject of mental shiifts... has anyone got to the point where they can control mental shifts?

As far as physical changes?  I know I've felt my skin ripple a few times... I had to hide my hands a few times.  Most of my physical changes happen out of anger or thrill.

I've only had a few dream shifts, but I dont really remember them.

As far as controlling mental shifts, I've learned over time to supress them when need be. I regularly have sense shifts, most of my group of friends (who have no idea I'm therian) call it my "spidey-sense". They love to joke about how I can't really be surprised, I know when a friend of ours is going to walk into the bar, etc. What it actually is though, is I can smell them and hear them from way off.

Dream shifts are really common with me as well. Most dreams I have are in animal form.

The only problem I seem to have is when I get angry (like, reeeeally angry). I tend to lose control at that point. Luckily, I haven't seriously injured anyone yet, and it never happens when someone does something to me directly. I have no problem maintaining control at that point. It only seems to come out if someone attacks someone that I consider blood. My friends have told me that my eyes, right before the moment I lose it, change color.Tthat's not a physical shift, though. My eyes change color naturally. They're sometimes green, sometimes blue. I guess when I get really upset they turn gold, which makes sense, as they already have a gold sunburst around the pupil.

Those moments are more like extreme mental shifts. I lose all control to the kitty in me. Thankfully they're very rare.

#33 2009-07-26 13:41:55

Jacob

As for me im only just starting to shift so most of my shifts occur while I'm asleep. But I have been showing symptoms of sense, mental and Bio-shifting. As for sense shifting i would wake up externally tired even when i got a good healthy nights sleep, and my dog has has seemed to be abnormally afraid of me. As for Bio-shifting, I used to wake up with tiny scratches (and sometimes small bruises) on myself, usually when that happens, I would search the hell out of my room and check my nails to see if i could of actually scratched myself or if one of my cats did. So far i haven't found anything that could have caused the scratches or bruises. MY mental shifts usually happen when I get hurt or startled all of a sudden. For about the past year when ever someone hurts me really bad physically, I always seem to be fighting an extremely strong urge to bite and lash out at them, (like an animal would), and I'm usually confused because I know there are better ways that I can be aggressive towards people without biting or scratching.

I don't relay have a time table for when it happens, sometimes it'll be every night for a week then I'll go as long as a year without any kind of shifting. As you can see I'm extremely new at this so if anyone has any information or tips i could use id be very thankful.

Heavy nymphetamine user.

#34 2009-07-27 00:42:36

WolfVanZandt
Website

Bio-shifting (grr, where did that term come from?!?), as you describe it, I've run into quite a lot as a symptom of people trying to repress their therianside.

#35 2009-07-27 16:04:37

WerewolfLeaAnn

now that brings up a very interesting point. repressing one's therioside. um, i've tried that twice. i wasnt happy afterward. because i had a very bad headache. but anyways. i didnt mention, i dont think, that since certain music tends to bring on a shift (normally i have mental shifts, but i have had those ''psuedoshifts'' before, and i agree it is very uncomfortable to do that. those worms. lol  and i have dream shifts. ) i can sorta shift at will. but sometimes it comes up on me... grrrrr......

lol anyways, the reason i tried to supress a shift was i was around someone and they dont know that im a therian. and i wasnt about to tell them why i was acting sooo 'doggish'. well it didnt work and that was a very uncomfotable conversation. lol.

i normally let my friends know that im therian. a wolf therian at that. so i wont have to try to supress my therioside. i normally enjoy that release of energy.

lol off topic. but well i wasnt really off topic.

sorry y'all, i hadnt sleept at all in a while, so yea.

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#36 2009-09-13 21:49:41

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

yes, 80% of the time i control my shifts, but when i am in extreme pain or get to excited, angry or even to tired, when it gets to the point i cant take it. ill shift and its beyond my control. the part that worry's me about it is when i phantom shift my body starts to try to shift also... i'm a little afraid, if one time i'm successful, i dont want to end up on a table getting disemboweled as doctors try to figure out what i am. i have a friend that shifted in one of her past lives.. into a harpie, and that's what those sick humans did to her

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#37 2009-09-14 11:08:56

Esther

Mostly in my dreams. But sometimes my spine feels like tearing and it hurts like hell, don't know what that is.

Never tried P-shifting, I don't really know what it is, as I'm relatively new to Therianthropy.
Is it some sort of out of body experience?

#38 2009-09-14 19:11:42

Esther

Ok, so I tried to Pshift just some minuts ago and it felt really weird. I focused on my bodyparts becoming wolf, and all of suddenly I'm in some sort of trance and my limbs get really heavy and when I felt that I freaked out.

I know I should embrace the whole feeling but since it was my first try it freaked me out a bit.

#39 2009-10-13 22:02:56

hyperkitten811
Website

i sometimes will experience mental shifts. Since my therian type is a jaguar, i'll sometimes either find myself  rubbing against things with my head, purring*even though i know jaguars don't purr* i growl when someones in my space, and i have even hissed at my sister before.

we are only limited by what our human minds tell us

#40 2009-10-13 22:12:10

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

is that a mental shift? i  mean, i growl at people all the time, and yip, totally without thinking about it. likea reaction. but i do that all the time, it not a frame of mind, its just me

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#41 2009-10-14 10:16:18

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

lol ash, if you werent so young i would have no choice but to travel to canada

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#42 2009-10-14 17:28:39

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Growling isn't the same as or a sign of shifting, and lots of non-therians growl, some of them very realistically. While non-therians don't necessarily have the desire to growl, many of them still have the ability, and this is nothing special.

Feelings of wanting to bite and scratch are also perfectly normal non-therian symptoms, and are more the sign of pent-up aggression, for which people should either 1) obtain a punchbag or 2) see a counsellor. But don't chalk it up to your animal side. Lots of people, particularly teenagers already experiencing bodily and mood changes, make this error.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

Board footer