The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-20 13:04:08

The Busboy
Administrator

Authors C. T. Adams & Cathy Clamp

Well, as you can read from the posts in other forums here, two of our site members are hitting the "big time!"  How exciting!  I am opening this special forum in their honor, as their book "Hunter's Moon" with sequel "Moon's Web" is now going to have 2 more future book being written.

Book 1 "Hunter's Moon" November 2004
Book 2 "Moon's Web" August 2005
Book 3 "Captive Moon" August 2006
Book 4 "Howling Moon: A Tale of the Sazi" January 2007

(updated 12/30/06)

#2 2005-01-20 13:11:17

The Busboy
Administrator

Re: Authors C. T. Adams & Cathy Clamp

hunter5654 wrote:

Hi, fellow werewolf fans!

I just wanted to let you know that Cie and I just closed a new THREE-book deal with Tor Books!  We get to write anything we want to, and they'll ALL be published in 2006!  We're very excited, because they offered us more money with a bunch of it at the time we sign the contract!  WHOO-HOO!  We know that two of them will continue in the "Sazi" werewolf world that Hunter's Moon started!

Cyber-champagne and chocolates all around!  (Tomorrow we'll start to worry about actually *writing* the books, but for today -- WHO CARES!)  Haha!

Cheers!

Cathy

Congratulations Cathy and Cie!

#3 2005-01-24 15:56:43

Cie

Thanks!  Let's hope it's the big time!  Right now it feels like the "Gee I'm excited but oh crap how are we going to get all of this written" time. wink  Seriously, this has been my dream for a very long time and it's great to get the chance to follow through on it.  Hope my friends here at WWC will come along for the ride and let us know how we do at portraying werewolves and other were creatures.

Cie

"The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault."  Harry Dresden, by Jim Butcher
"Cause you can't change the track, we're like cars on a cable, and life's like an hourglass glued to the table.  No one can find the rewind button now, so cradle your head in your hands. . . and breathe.  Just breathe."  Anna Nalick.

#4 2005-01-24 19:12:49

The Busboy
Administrator

Hi Cie, I think you'll have about 6 forum members with copies of your book now/soon, so hopefully they'll be posting after they read it.  My Sister read the book and can't wait for "Moon's Web" to come out.

#5 2005-01-24 19:14:14

Speedbump

Pay day's this Friday, so I should be able to read/review your book very soon.

#6 2005-02-24 07:47:57

JamieD

I loved the first one....I can't wait for the second....::::hands begin to shake as I realize August is far away:::: I'm a biblioholic....oh no...I'm going into sazi withdrawal....:::pulls on my ears...woosah...woosah::::

ask not for whom the bell tolls....it tolls for thee.

#7 2005-02-24 08:58:20

Cie

Thanks Jamie.  I don't know if you've looked, but we've posted a preview of Moon's Web here on the site and Chapter 1 on our website.  We've started getting advance review copies out, and the folks who've read it say they're liking it more than the first one.  So I'm keeping my toes crossed (fingers are for typing) that readers will feel the same way!

"The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault."  Harry Dresden, by Jim Butcher
"Cause you can't change the track, we're like cars on a cable, and life's like an hourglass glued to the table.  No one can find the rewind button now, so cradle your head in your hands. . . and breathe.  Just breathe."  Anna Nalick.

#8 2005-02-24 08:59:48

JamieD

That will just be a tease Cie...LOL!! J/k....I'm just bad with the waiting part...big_smile

#9 2005-10-17 16:08:53

The Busboy
Administrator

Just wanted to let people know that Cie and Cathy have another book coming out soon (that is not werewolf related) titled "Touch of Evil."  It comes out on March 1. 2006 and here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de … mp;s=books

#10 2005-10-17 16:19:42

The Busboy
Administrator

Cie and Cathy, are the titles for book 3 and book 4 in the series planned out yet?

#11 2005-10-18 20:39:33

Cie

Well right now we've got them down as "Captive Moon" and "Howling Moon."  The first title is pretty solid.  The second... still thinking it may change.  But we're very excited because things are moving along SO FAST.  Captive Moon is actually in the editing process right now, and we've sent out a couple of advance review copies (including one to somebody here on the site big_smile

We're still working on Howling Moon, but it's getting there, and there's still plenty of time before the deadline. 

I notice that things are really HOPPING around here!  WOW.  Lots of new forums, and people.  I'm going to try not to "lurk" so much and participate more, but I have to admit that as deadlines approach, I'm not as good about visiting my web friends as I should be.

Figarou --- are you still out there somewhere?  I haven't heard from you in almost forever!!!   Write if you get a chance!

Cie

#12 2005-10-18 20:47:40

The Busboy
Administrator

Hi Cie, yes, Figarou is here, hopefully he'll see this post (I left him a message in his forum).  Sounds like you are really busy with writing deadlines, sounds like a lot of work.  When you get a chance, can you tell us a bit abut your newest Sazi novel "Captive Moon" and your non Sazi novel "Touch of Evil"?

#13 2005-10-19 05:36:35

Figarou

Cie wrote:

Figarou --- are you still out there somewhere?  I haven't heard from you in almost forever!!!   Write if you get a chance!

Cie

Yes, I'm still here. I was waiting for your e-mail to tell me when your book signing in San Antonio was going to take place. I either miss it or it never happened. sad

#14 2005-10-19 10:36:38

Cie

Ah, we haven't had one yet.  Basically, most of the signings and such got put on hold when Cathy got bitten repeatedly by a brown recluse on the upper thigh.  Caused some nasty problems, despite the fact that she caught it early.  Then being down sick made deadlines zoom up at us... so it's been a little nuts! She's doing fine now (thank goodness). Promise promise to tell you as soon as we can schedule one down there.  smile

#15 2005-10-19 10:47:51

The Busboy
Administrator

Wow, that's so terrible, please tell Cathy I'm sorry to hear that she got bit by one of those and so glad she's o.k., as those spiders are so nasty, that's horrible that that happened.

#16 2005-10-19 10:54:02

Cie

Yeah, it really knocked her for a loop!  But she's bouncing back. 

Hmnnn.  I was thinking (always dangerous -- grin).  Maybe I'll check with Cathy and see if we can post a little "taste" of the two upcoming books.  I'll get back to you here about it!

Cie

#17 2005-10-19 15:40:05

The Busboy
Administrator

Glad she's feeling better, what a drag tat that happened!

#18 2005-10-20 10:56:06

The Busboy
Administrator

Can you explain what a "POD" book is.

#19 2005-10-20 19:45:17

Cie

OK - Cathy did a big discussion on this in one of the articles she has posted on our website that you might want to take a look at (in the articles section at http://www.ciecatrunpubs.com). 

But a short (and very rough!) version is POD stands for Print on Demand.  The new computer technology allows for books to be formatted for printing, and then run individually as ordered.  This means that a small publisher can not have the risk of a print run that may or may not sell, not have to store copies of printed books, etc.  It looks very interesting for the future.  For the present, however, things are more tricky.  The bookstores and distributors are very much invested in the status quo.  Since POD printing generally means that there are no returns, book stores don't order the books because they might be "stuck" with them and lose their shirts.  Most of the major distributors also don't carry them.  (There are exceptions, sometimes the publisher can work a deal.  So if you're looking for a POD book, you should go ahead and check.)  We currently are in a mystery anthology that was POD.  It's a great book.  Unfortunately, because the distributors aren't carrying it, anybody who goes to the bookstore is told that it's "Out of Print" and they can't order it.  The only way to get it is online or from the publisher.  I know.  I tried, just to see if it would work.   It didn't.

One of the cool things I heard of though is that one of the major publishers is putting their back list of older "classic" books on computer for POD so that they will never be completely out of print.  Don't know if it's true, but if so, it is a REALLY cool idea.

POD has some very rabid fans, and it may well wind up being the wave of the future.  Then again, maybe not.  I don't see the entire industry converting it's policies and procedures easily or willingly.

Just my personal $.02.  Smiles to all.

Cie

#20 2005-10-20 20:24:41

The Busboy
Administrator

Thank you for that post Cie, that is very, very interesting.  Are POD books the same price as regular books?  Or more expensive?  Do they look like regular books?  I am also hearing A LOT about e-books now.

#21 2005-10-21 12:00:55

JamieD

I have an Ebook...back when it wasn't so popular....very cool contraption..big_smile

#22 2005-10-21 16:19:18

hunter5654

Hi, guys!

Finally making it back into the forum (for some reason, I've been locked out for many days.  Whatever you did, Jim, seems to have worked, because I could log in this time! big_smile)  Anyhoo, thanks for the well wishes on my icky bite.  For the morbid among you (and I know there ARE some wink ,) here's what my leg looked like after about the third day and for the next month.

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/3730/spiderbite8lu.png 

Major PITA, that.   Fortunately, no scar tissue or skin grafts needed, and I hear that's pretty common.  Thankfully, I headed straight to the ER when I realized it was a bite and acting strange.  The doc said that probably saved a chunk of my leg.  He said I was "proactive."  You know what the difference between being paranoid and being proactive is, don't you?  You're "proactive" when you're RIGHT about what you were paranoid about!  LOL!

I got either two or three bites in the same location.  They're not quite sure, but there were a total of five holes.  Steriods, antibiotics and the like for several months.  But I'm pretty much back to normal, except for a small bruise that will probably stay for some time.

Sorry about San Antonio, Figarou!  We're still hoping to make it down there, depending on our schedules.  It's a little hard, because I raise livestock with my hubby, and he's out of town.  So I can't do overnight trips for awhile.  But maybe we can set something up for next month.  I'll call the store and see what's available.

Now, Cie and I wanted to let you guys know that we just finished the August Sazi manuscript.  As stated above, it's called Captive Moon, and is a bit different than our first two books.  First, it's in third person POV, rather than first person, and it's not about Tony and his pack.  We're starting to expand the world.  For those who have read Moon's Web, the new book will feature Antoine Monier, the French councilman for the werecats, and a Turkish-American weretiger.  It's set in Stuttgart, Germany (since our editor asked for a European setting).  We HAVE done something very different, though.  We've done entire chapters in the VILLAIN'S point of view, so the reader gets to know things are afoot, even though you don't know what will happen to the people.  If you're interested, we could post the first couple of chapters here so you can see what you think.  Let me know!  Oh, and we can also post the first couple of Touch of Evil, our March release.  That's been though editing, and is ready to go.  Captive will be the raw words, straight off the monitor. 

Thanks again for the well-wishes!  smile

Cathy

#23 2005-10-21 16:26:59

hunter5654

Oh!  And before I forget, we got some AMAZING news just last week!  We learned that Doubleday Book Club not only picked up Moon's Web for hardback release, but it's a FEATURED SELECTION in their Fall Catalog!  (That means it went out in the newsletter to all of the Doubleday members at a special price that goes towards their "required" purchases!  WOO-HOO!!  big_smile

#24 2005-10-21 16:47:16

The Busboy
Administrator

Cathy, what terrible spider bites, that looks like it was so painful!  Glad you are feeling better and glad you got into the ER right away.  Did you put a bounty out on that spider?  I would have, wow!  Yes, please post whatever you would like on the site here.  And if you want to open a new forum for "Captive Moon" that would be great too.  3rd person from the villian's point of view, very interesting.  Oh, glad you were able to log in o.k., don't know what that was about, but you had me really concerned over the past day, glad that's better for ya now.

#25 2005-10-21 17:06:08

hunter5654

Okay, should we open it here in the Books and Comic Books forum, or elsewhere -- like a "share your work" forum?  Let me know and I'll get it posted!  big_smile

Cathy

Board footer