The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2007-10-25 19:36:52

punxnotdead

Re: Werewolf in the shadows

Now that I've fixed up my recent post, I'll post a wee bit more big_smile

*Been edited...

Last edited by punxnotdead (2008-05-26 13:01:43)

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#27 2007-10-26 07:21:10

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

I like the solemn tone you give to Alex's view of the new city. Even though he changed towns, his attitude and sordid past still haunts him, and it affects his view of the new surroundings, even though he may not realize it. Different location, but still the same problems. Very effective.
And now, does the reclusive eccentric become an unlikely hero? We'll have to wait and see...

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#28 2007-10-28 17:19:34

LoupGarouAngel
Website

I love the tone you give all your stories,it reminds me of Stephen King a bit,in a good way!Your detailing and descriptions fit perfectly,so please continue and tell us what happens to our lycanthrope!

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#29 2007-10-28 20:52:15

punxnotdead

Thank you, I've never read stephen king before, is he a good author? I'll post more as soon as I've edited it!

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#30 2007-10-29 16:27:16

punxnotdead

I remember seeing a biography about him on the documentary channel. I remember seeing that silver bullet movie...good one.
I should check the novel out.

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#31 2007-10-29 16:48:19

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

We could also submit Cycle of the Werewolf for the Werewolf Book Group...
Sorry. Shameless plug. Back to the story.

I wonder if Crowell is keeping tabs on Alex. You could possibly get away with not mentioning him again and only focusing on Alex and his coping with Lycanthropy, but the Crowell character just seemed so...slithery. I guess I just want to see him come after Alex so that Alex has a chance to take him out, but it all depends on what you have in store for us, punx. We'll go wherever you lead us.

#32 2007-10-29 19:01:37

LoupGarouAngel
Website

He's a good author,you tones are just similar in the way that the carry a serious and somberness with the story.The dark quality is not overwhelming nor unnoticed,tis just perfect to go with the story.I have trouble making my stories serious,I always think they carry an R.L. Stine(Goosebumps) quality,like they are written for 5th graders...
hmm

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...

#33 2007-10-29 20:42:26

punxnotdead

Haha, naw, I like the tone of your stories
anywho, more story in a little bit big_smile

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#34 2007-10-30 19:18:38

punxnotdead

Here's some more for ya'
*Been edited...

Last edited by punxnotdead (2008-05-26 13:03:34)

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#35 2007-10-30 20:34:10

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Oh Man, I just love the adjectives you use! Jutting bones... surreptitious speed... venomous tone... icy edge from his voice... both vindictive and irrational... Oooooh, yeah. It kinda makes my skin Crowell. wink

I also like the fact that Crowell lost track of Alex - it may prove to Alex's advantage later on, but we'll see.

Just a side thought - you could play around with moving the description of his office up to the front, that way the reader has a chance to visualize the setting at the beginning of the scene. Again, just a thought.

I really like your writing, punx, and I'm loving this story. Looking forward to more!

#36 2007-10-31 10:09:14

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Awesome,I want to say a million other compliments but Every aspect of this is just....Awesome!!!big_smile

#37 2007-11-04 22:30:05

punxnotdead

*Been edited...

Last edited by punxnotdead (2008-05-26 13:05:25)

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#38 2007-11-05 19:49:34

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Wonderful way to introduce Alex to the idea that he's not alone! Through a newspaper Article!
  In most cases when this is done, it's to give the character some idea that 'they' know about him, and he's in danger. It's also used to make the character think he is the 'unknown creature' described in the article.
  In this case, however, you use it to point him to the fact that there are more of his own kind. That's a unique take on the idea, punx! Well done!

#39 2007-11-07 23:26:50

punxnotdead

*Been edited...

Last edited by punxnotdead (2008-05-26 13:07:36)

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#40 2007-11-08 21:27:39

Grey_Tsume

nice. I can sence a confrontation coming on sweet! Hey is Mellissa going to turn Alex in? considering that she knows that he's a were and that a werewolf was to blame for the killings.

NEED MORE STORY!!!!!!!!! yikes GAAAH (falls over on ground. Doctor comes CLEAR!!!! 'BUZZET') jk tongue

Last edited by Grey_Tsume (2007-11-08 21:28:16)

Pain is good....it lets you know your alive.
Boredom is an ugly thing.

#41 2007-11-12 21:00:09

punxnotdead

*Been edited...

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#42 2007-11-13 13:02:11

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

I finally got to catch up with your story, punx, and I must compliment you. Every time I think you are headed for a stereotype or cliche, you twist it into something refreshing. I really enjoy that, punx. Well Done!
  I don't know if this was intentional or not, but I loved what you did in one particular area.
  One paragraph described the abandoned drainage system as 'the only refuge from the Crowell and those who hunted them'. Personally, I love that. Using a definite article with Crowell's name turns him into more of a thing than a person in the Werewolves' viewpoint. You've already introduced the reader to the Crowell character, so we know who he is, but it gives us an idea as to what these refugees really think of him. It makes it sound like they view him as less than human. Even if it was an accident, I might encourage you to develop it in your story by adding "the" to most of the references to Crowell that the refugees make. I just thought it was a really nice touch.

Last edited by Grayle (2007-11-13 13:03:31)

#43 2007-11-13 14:46:16

punxnotdead

Thank you...your compliments mean alot to me smile

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#44 2007-11-16 01:07:13

punxnotdead

*Been edited...

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#45 2007-11-16 01:15:55

Grey_Tsume

Dude That sucks for Alex. yikes (Jaw drops to the floor) I was hoping for more. By the way my story is updated.

Last edited by Grey_Tsume (2007-11-16 01:16:20)

Pain is good....it lets you know your alive.
Boredom is an ugly thing.

#46 2007-11-16 01:50:38

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

what?
What?!
Wait - What?
WHAT?!

What the Heck?!

Punx, you just Can't be serious!
You had such an intriguing, engulfing, enthralling, enveloping tale with Alex! He was really coming along! I simply refuse to believe he's gone. I think you're leading us on. That's what it is. You're just pulling our tails.

Okay; ranting aside, once again your descriptions and use of similes really shine, punx. I also loved how he couldn't get traction on the wood floor - that was marvelous!
  Literally, you went from boredom to discouragement to anxiety to panic to humor to desperation to happiness to curiosity, and then back to anxiety to panic to pain to desperation to peace to death. And all in less than 12 paragraphs! Holy Guacamole with cheese! Like, give me a chance to breathe, here!
  That was indeed magnificent - no doubt about it - but it may possibly be a bit too much too quickly for your readers to be able to keep up with the pace. The outcome might also feel a bit rushed to some: gradually building a great story and character development, and then it all gets obliterated in a page and a half. Even if you are continuing the story with more chapters, such a drastic ending could be in danger of turning a few readers off. Again, it's just a possibility, but perhaps it would be beneficial to expand this finale a little in your later drafts.

#47 2007-11-17 21:12:46

punxnotdead

I was only kidding, it's not even close to the end big_smile I had ya' for a moment. I'll expand on my last post a bit more! Thanks for the criticism!

*Been edited...

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#48 2007-11-18 01:27:14

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Of course. A dream sequence. Why do i always fall for those?

Very extreme descriptions of Alex's reactions to seeing Crowell again. Well done!
  I love the fact that he has a cat that seems to accept him regardless of his furry secret. However, I can see many people trying to argue that the cat would be able to sense his Lycanthropy and realize he wasn't who he really is and it would send the cat into a frenzy, if that makes sense. Possibly adding a thought like Scuffles was 'the only one who shared his secret' or something might deter those kind of arguments.
  I relished how Alex was picking up on mannerisms of Crowell that most people might not recognize.
Oh, I can't wait to find out what Alex does next...

Last edited by Grayle (2007-11-22 17:44:10)

#49 2007-11-20 01:46:56

punxnotdead

I'm sorry to say that I may be posting my story less frequently because my marks are steadily declining and I need to focus more one marks. That may also mean I will have little to no time to read much of anything...sorry.

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#50 2007-11-20 09:30:34

Niktoma
Advocatus Diaboli
Website

No worries Punx.  Take care of your schooling, it's more important.

Just remember, when you're back to your straight A's, you have a waiting audience here.

I'm sorry I never posted here, your story must have just slipped through the cracks.  I completely enjoy it!

AND.

I like how our main characters have the same name. wink

'OK, how about werewolves?' said the voice eventually.
'What do they look like?' asked the kid.
'Ah, well, they look perfectly normal right up to the point where they grow all, like, hair and teeth and giant paws and leap through the window at you,' said the voice.

Board footer