The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#76 2007-12-06 16:05:53

punxnotdead

Re: Werewolf in the shadows

Grey_Tsume wrote:

I like your name's did you get Brutus from Julius Caesar?

Nope, I got it from superman returns :p I thought the name would suit the hefty sized character.

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#77 2007-12-08 21:13:30

punxnotdead

Okay, I wanted to space the action out, so I added a little segment, just so it's not all too overwhelming.

*Been edited...

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#78 2007-12-09 02:06:55

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Punx, if someone just stumbled upon this forum and read only this one excerpt alone from your story, they would pray incessantly that they could become a werewolf, too. That was one of the most graceful and beautiful portrayals, one of the most captivating descriptions of a night as a werewolf that I have ever read.
  I am in awe.
  I could see the camera follow Alex out of the trees and up to the top of the hill, panning out to get a view of the city. I could see different people in their beds acknowledging his howl, but giving it no more attention as it ended.
  As to the story, I also appreciated that he let the wolf run free, allowing himself to surrender to his primal instincts because he was in a place where he could not cause human harm. You made Alex extremely real in the mind of the reader - his actions and thoughts were so easy to sympathize with.
  You really out-did yourself with this segment, Punx; and considering how incredibly wonderful the rest of the story is, that's saying a whole heck of a lot.

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#79 2007-12-09 20:56:48

LoupGarouAngel
Website

What Grayle said and more,your style is just so flowing and easy to follw,your words seamless and perfectly fitting.Just great Punx!

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#80 2007-12-11 18:43:17

punxnotdead

Here's some more...

*Been edited...

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#81 2007-12-11 20:38:27

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

What a place to end the segment! Talk about a cliff Hanger! Hope you can add the next segment soon; this really has my attention!
I noticed Alex's suspicion, but where was it directed? Was that a suspicion toward Steven's intentions, or the environment? I wasn't sure.
I'm really enjoying the friendship with the two. Even though Alex seems to tolerate Steven, Steven is showing true friendship with his concern, persistence in sticking with Alex, and yet still respects his viewpoints. 
No pressure, but bring more on as soon as you can!

#82 2007-12-13 21:28:54

punxnotdead

*Been edited...

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#83 2007-12-14 00:44:25

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Wow. Absolutely and undeniably... Wow.
  Your use of adjectives and descriptive talents never ever ever cease to amaze, Punx. I mean that.
  The humour with Steven was well placed (just as with the whole 'Alex's death...?'  thing you pulled on me earlier, you had me going on this one too!), and the correlation from Olivia's standpoint was superb. The TF sequence felt a little rushed (See #3 below), but was still practically poetic in description. The calling of the pack worked extremely well with the short explanation accompanying it. The pace and tone for each scene hung in my mind so I could still savour every description of the scenes.
  Wow. 

*Sigh* All Right; a few things I must say (these are only opinions, take them as you see fit):
  1. Thank you very much for NOT describing Olivia's pain like it was an 'ice cream headache that won't go away'. Had you used that alternative phrase, I would've had no choice but to force Busboy to change your member description into something equally as silly. Thank you for not doing so.
  2. I might as well ask this before someone else does: Are you really sure you want to have the word 'voluptuous' and the phrase 'small breasts' describing the same woman, in the same sentence? I mean, while many of us are fully aware that the usage of that particular word in in the sentence is grammatically sound, less-educated readers aren't going to care and are bound to make wisecracks about it. Wisecracks about this work of art is downright unworthy, and I see no reason for your story to endure that hardship if you can avoid it.
  3. The sentence "Fur, talons, and fangs protruded from her skin, fingertips, and gums" would probably be better off if you went ahead and broke it up to cover each body area individually. Again, there is danger of Wisecracks here ("Eeeeww! Fur comin' outta her gums! Gross!" or other such nonsense) that your masterpiece has no need to put up with if it doesn't have to.

And yes, Punx, this story IS a masterpiece.

Last edited by Grayle (2007-12-14 11:00:26)

#84 2007-12-14 20:53:07

punxnotdead

Grayle wrote:

Wow. Absolutely and undeniably... Wow.
  Your use of adjectives and descriptive talents never ever ever cease to amaze, Punx. I mean that.
  The humour with Steven was well placed (just as with the whole 'Alex's death...?'  thing you pulled on me earlier, you had me going on this one too!), and the correlation from Olivia's standpoint was superb. The TF sequence felt a little rushed (See #3 below), but was still practically poetic in description. The calling of the pack worked extremely well with the short explanation accompanying it. The pace and tone for each scene hung in my mind so I could still savour every description of the scenes.

3. The sentence "Fur, talons, and fangs protruded from her skin, fingertips, and gums" would probably be better off if you went ahead and broke it up to cover each body area individually. Again, there is danger of Wisecracks here ("Eeeeww! Fur comin' outta her gums! Gross!" or other such nonsense) that your masterpiece has no need to put up with if it doesn't have to.

You know what? There's a funny story about that. Last week before I began writing that segment, I asked my older sister what 'voluptuous' meant, (since I couldn't find it in the thesarus) and she told me it meant beautiful. Then I asked my mom this morning and she said it had nothing to do with that. I was thinking, "Oh, shite...my story...Oh well, maybe no one'll notice." But by then it was too late, I had to go to my sister's piano recital and I just got back...*sighs* it's really embarassing when you write the wrong meaning.
I will expand on it some more and change the fur, talons, and fangs thing, too. I really appriceate you pointing these errors out for me. I already have a load to add to my final draft and it is an immense help.
Maybe sometime later in life I could again rewrite it and fix all  the inconsitancies and then try to publish it...but that's after I go to writing college.

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#85 2007-12-14 21:24:58

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

... or before you go to college. The royalties may pay your tuition in full. Your story is that good, Punx.

Just so you know, You did use the 'V' word correctly in the sentence (technically speaking), but in today's society, many would take it as meaning...well...something else.

In any case, If you'd like a proofreader when you've finished later drafts, Sign me up. I'd love to help out.

Last edited by Grayle (2007-12-14 21:27:46)

#86 2007-12-15 22:36:18

punxnotdead

Grayle wrote:

... or before you go to college. The royalties may pay your tuition in full. Your story is that good, Punx.

Just so you know, You did use the 'V' word correctly in the sentence (technically speaking), but in today's society, many would take it as meaning...well...something else.

In any case, If you'd like a proofreader when you've finished later drafts, Sign me up. I'd love to help out.

That would be great, if it isn't much of a trouble to you. I have alot more to add...Is writing a competitive market today?

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#87 2007-12-15 23:17:25

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

It can be a very competitive market. So, the more proofreading you get, the better. I just found someone to proofread my Dep:118 story, but I still need more. One is not really enough.
  Anyhow, when you're ready, let me know. I'd consider it a privilege to be one of your proofreaders.

#88 2007-12-16 22:19:36

punxnotdead

*Been edited...

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#89 2007-12-17 14:07:56

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

I liked the actions sequence a lot, Punx!
  The confrontation in the freezer is turning out rather well. I find those types of 'interrogation' scenarios very difficult to write, personally. Yours turned out pretty well. Good Job!
  Here's an idea for thought, but again, just an idea:
    The rouge pack here - some of them are in werewolf form, right? Can their senses pick up on anything from Alex or Steven? Can the werewolves determine anything from Alex's or Steven's posture or gestures? Could they sense their truthfulness or sincerity of their words? It might be an interesting avenue to take - if you wanted or needed to take it, that is.
Even So, Well done!

#90 2007-12-21 17:21:49

punxnotdead

Here'she last bit until christmas time. Please enjoy and have a Merry, Merry Christmas! Thank you all for reading and commenting. I'm more than delighted calling you my friends smile

*Been edited...

Last edited by punxnotdead (2008-01-04 14:38:56)

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#91 2007-12-21 19:17:25

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Wow.
  Though this was a lengthy action scene, it was well thought out and moved at a pace that the reader could follow. The sequence of events flowed very well, too.
  It will be interesting to see if they find Steven again or if he was able to escape without notice. Since we're dealing with a pack of werewolves here, I'm guessing they caught up to him. But, we'll wait and see what you have in mind.
  Only one swipe and the raging beast is down - dang! Either Martina's excessively accurate and precise, or she's a sorceress. And she was able to change back incredibly quickly. However, she didn't seem astute enough to notice that something was different about Alex once the Raging beast possessed him. Maybe she's just a complicated character, but it seems a slight bit contradictory - if you don't mind me saying.
  Riveting scene here, Punx! Can't wait for more!

#92 2007-12-23 20:42:10

punxnotdead

I have a question Grayle, becuase I really struggled with how to present that one scene with Martina. I wanted to incorporate how, with age, werewolves become - not only wiser - but stronger and are able to shift faster. I didn't want it to sound like a lecture, so how would be the appropriate way to write that?
Thank you for the info, I will definately make some tweaks.

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#93 2007-12-24 19:49:23

punxnotdead

Merry Christmas Everybody!

*Been edited...

Last edited by punxnotdead (2008-01-04 14:32:47)

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#94 2007-12-24 22:57:04

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Lovin' this story, Punx; lovin' it.
I really liked the description of Martina's eyes as blue pools. I thought that was great.
sry - gotta get this out of my system:   
   "Dead tu, Brute?"
  Now, that being said, the description of the defunct henchman was very nice. I also liked the debate between members of the pack.
  Alex willing to give his word (the only thing he has) unintentionally adds a bit of nobility to the character. It might be a great thing to develop as the story goes on, but it could also be a 2-bladed sword, effectively limiting the character as to what actions he's willing to take. Still, it's a neat idea that you've developed so subtly.
  If I understand correctly, Alex can hear the debate of whether they kill him or not, but can't quite see the groups, is that right?

punxnotdead wrote:

I really struggled with how to present that one scene with Martina. I wanted to incorporate how, with age, werewolves become - not only wiser - but stronger and are able to shift faster. I didn't want it to sound like a lecture, so how would be the appropriate way to write that?

I do have a few things that you might like to hear on this subject, as well as with Brutus. Quite frankly, the easiest way to discuss it would be verbally. You wouldn't happen to have an instant messenger program with Audio capability, would you? If not, I can either email you, or post them here - whichever you'd prefer.

#95 2007-12-25 13:14:34

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Punx,I just did some catchin' up and this story is sooooo awesome!Totally love it!
P.S.I included you in the Christmas portrait located in my art forum,so feel free to check it out and let me know what ya think!
Merry Christmas!

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#96 2007-12-26 16:14:32

punxnotdead

Thank you very much, I'd be more than happy to check out your awsome art work!

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#97 2007-12-27 10:37:57

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Very Very well done, Punx.
  First Alex loses his girl, then his job, then all of his belongings and even his cat. He also possibly lost the only friend he has. Now he's all alone, being covered in snow, grief, and despair. It couldn't get much worse than that. I also like how his first thoughts are to kill Crowell, the man who took everything away from him. That's a natural reaction for someone in this situation.
  In essence, what you've done is strip everything away from your protagonist, forcing him to face his own core system of virtues and values. That, and his life, are all that he has now. What really does a person have when everything tangible is gone? What's left when nothing is left?
  However, the character of your character will be defined by what he does from this point, and how he overcomes this incredibly daunting challenge. There must be so many questions racing through his mind right now. Will he simply lash out, taking revenge on Crowell? Is that really the only thing that matters to him? Is that all he amounts to? How important to him is his friendship with Steven? What about the pack? Are they important to him? Should they be?
  These are the types of questions that your reader is asking, too. That's how well this story is progressing, Punx: the reader can effortlessly sympathize with your character.
  This type of scenario (losing everything and where to go from there) is commonly found in many of the Top 10 Bestsellers of any literary market, especially in those that gain a strong following. I consider it an honour that I'm getting to read this story now, before it becomes incredibly popular. Even so, I can't wait to see it on the shelves. I have absolutely no doubt that I will see it there.

As to answering that question you posed to me earlier, I am working on answering it, I just am having a bit of a difficult time with being succinct. I'll keep working on it and email you soon - it's nothing to worry about, though.

Please, keep up the great work, Punx. Your story is indeed glorious.

Last edited by Grayle (2007-12-29 10:36:56)

#98 2007-12-30 15:58:24

punxnotdead

Thank you very much, Grayel. I'm finding it difficult how to make Alex progress without making it unrealistic or boring. There's just so many ways I can take it. Since I'm on someone else's computer at my aunt's I cannot post more yet. I'll be back on Monday, maybe on Tuesday I'll post some more.

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#99 2008-01-01 23:02:08

punxnotdead

I've made several additions onto my story. I'll tell you one since I'm sure alot of you don't want to look back at the posts to find it. That Doctor Burkton, he's sided with Crowell...and that's all I'll say. I'll tell you more changes when I can remember them. Happy New year.

*Been edited...

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#100 2008-01-02 10:58:06

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Very interesting. So, both of them are losing everything. Very interesting.
I loved the internal musings you used for both characters. It really deepens the development of both.
I'm captivated. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Board footer