The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#126 2008-04-18 19:47:23

skinwalker
Website

Re: Your Werewolf Cafe "Screen Name": Why did you pick it?

i got my name from the native american term for werewolf. they believed that a spirit or person would put on a wolf skin and become the wolf. it worked for me.

You know what 'FEAR' stands for? It stands for 'False Evidence Appearing Real.' It's the darkroom where Satan develops his negatives.

#127 2008-05-17 12:03:33

Greaver
Website

I think i got mine from Final Fantasy 8 (i don't remember excatly) but i used it once and it stuck, so I kept it.

#128 2008-09-07 11:37:16

gizmofreak7

I  chose my screen name because of Gizmo,
that Mogwai thing from Gremlings

mmm,cookies........

#129 2008-09-20 15:15:46

rexwolf

Oooh, I love this one...

"Rex" was given to me by "The Poorman" aka Jim Trenton during the time after I worked at KROQ as an intern.  He and Adam Corolla (the voice of Spanky Ham on Drawn Together...wow, hard to believe he actually got a gig like that...) gave that nick name to everyone.  I had come into the studio on a whim one Saturday, to catch up with Poorman.  He invited me into the studio, where I picked names out of the phone book for his bit where people would be called to see if they knew of him.

The name stuck, mostly because I thought of it as a dog's name, an animal's name.  I liked it.  I felt honored to be called the same thing people call their dogs.  LOL.

I lated added "Beowulf" because it was very similar to "be a wolf"; which I of course wanted to be, and because of my viking/scandanavian heritage - which I only recently realized was much stonger than I thought.  My maternal heritage is 100% Norwegian.  But my paternal side, which I knew to be French, is from the Hugenots.  And it turns out, Hugenots came to France from...Scandanavia.  There is a lot of other blood mixed in on the paternal side; but it is still largely Hugenot and thus makes me more than 50% scandanavian.

I later stopped using the "Beowulf" part.

I even changed my real name four years ago, taking "Wolf" as my real last name.  So, when you call me Rex Wolf; its somewhat accurate.  Mr. Wolf is definitely accurate.

Because Wolves deserve better

#130 2008-09-22 01:10:46

milana
Website

Milana is the first part of my spiritual name and the only part I'm willing to let other people know. I started using it online earlier this year once I got tired of my old internet name.

There's nothing that can't be cured by chocolate. Unless you're craving calamari.

My Triond.

#131 2008-09-24 02:05:25

Cratys
Website

heh you know how some wiccans have a special magick name? Or Otherkin have a "real" name? Well I did some meditation on finind a "true" name and I came up with a few results

Cryomalcyphony (the big special true name)

then I went the Erebus the demon world through astral progection and discovered they had a different name for me in each of the four cities, the names are

Cryo or Cryomalcyphony of the Ruby City

Ony or Onymous of the Emerald City

Anon of the Amethyst City

and of course Cratys of the Diamond City

Cratys, taken from the name "Cratos" and if you know anything about Erebus of greek myth we all kno wwho he is so yep, thats my name..one of em, and I use a different one for every site I'm on.

#132 2008-09-28 01:54:57

Dira
Nightwalker werewolf illustrator

I use this name and his is the only place I use it. I use it becuase it is the name of my shapeshifter character. I use the name Ladybaneheart and Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades in other forums, plus in deviant art I'm DevineShade. I'm also called Crady, CNS, Shadez and nightshade(z). I've got many names on other forums. I don't know why I didn't use the name Ladybaneheart, but I'm sure Dira is a great name too. Ladybaneheart is a werewolf woman.

Last edited by Dira (2008-09-28 01:58:21)

#133 2008-10-23 12:13:25

Scarmander

Scar is the name of a character I've written/illustrated in my comic books for a long time.  I used her name as my first screen name on mIRC, many years ago, and it stuck.  The 'Scarmander' variation came about because 'Scar' is almost ALWAYS taken on every website I try to sign up to, and I needed a less common nickname.  The Scamandros, Scarmander, Skamandros, etc are variations of the Greek and Roman names for the river that ran around the semi-mythological city of Troy, as mentioned in The Odyessy and The Iliad by Homer, and The Aeneid by Virgil.

#134 2009-04-21 15:13:00

knightmares

i like knightmares

There are always things that go bump in the night that you don't know about.

#135 2009-04-21 15:18:15

fearless freak

as in Knightmare, the game show?

i earned mine the hard way, flying down a hill in a shopping trolley to name one misshap

if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

#136 2009-04-24 19:05:38

lupen the wolf

Mine is derived from "lupus" which is the Latin name for wolf. And yes, my name is somewhat redundant, as it contains wolf in two different languages.

ego sum quis ego sum....

#137 2009-04-26 01:04:53

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

moonfur....umm....moon makes a werewolf have fur..so...yeah.i usually have seria,seriadragon,dragon4crystal,dragon,crimsondragon,seriasis...and others.

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#138 2009-04-26 12:53:06

bdk336
Website

because I use the same screen name in every forum, chat, profile, online game, etc I am on, no issues trying to remember which profile is which and if any friends I make happen to be on other places I'm on, or have a similar interest, it's easy to recognize me.

#139 2009-05-02 02:43:58

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

My name was very random. A friend of mine had me come play D&D for the first time, they had a character planned out already. It was a natural werewolf, they told me to find a name. I randomly looked in a dictionary for a word that had several meanings that could fit both me and that character. Vindicator is the one I found. Definitions: 1 to clear, as from an accusation, imputation, suspicion, or the like: to vindicate someone's honor. 2 to afford justification for; justify: Subsequent events vindicated his policy.  3 to uphold or justify by argument or evidence: to vindicate a claim. 4 to assert, maintain, or defend (a right, cause, etc.) against opposition. 5 to get revenge for; avenge. There was a last name that went along with it but I think I'll keep that a secret for now. Anyway since my character was a werewolf, this is a site discussing werewolves, I felt it fit.

Last edited by Vindicator (2009-05-04 23:22:07)

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#140 2009-05-14 14:55:03

Mistress_Wolf

I picked mine because I am a Domme and that makes me a Mistress.

I am a  Alpha Female.

#141 2009-05-21 01:36:48

-Spike-
Website

Spike was a name that I went by on a werewolf related RPG on the net. Since all my RP online friends have long since disappeared into cyberspace, it's all I'm left with.

How bout d'em Yankees?

#142 2009-06-14 22:25:46

Yozhe Volf

I've made my own language & my name is the combination of the word for Wolf and my real name Josh.  Volf=wolf Yozhe=Josh

The bluntest wolf ya'll ever meet.

#143 2009-06-17 10:55:22

Fenrik Malifex The White
The Broken One

...my name...it's just natural to me i dont know why but even my friends call me fenrik at school...i guess it's my true name or something and the white part came from my love of ice and snow

I'm like a broken blade, used to many times to be repaired, too many pieces of my shattered being to be mended, cast aside by those close to me. Broken, abandoned, Betrayed, disgraced...
But soon all who wrong me will discover that even a broken blade can kill...

#144 2009-06-17 14:07:25

The_Magician

My name came from tarot cards

Everything's magic.

#145 2009-06-18 08:16:28

Eon Furioso
Kanjō no pansā-ō

...i donno i think it came from a game i played long ago and it was the name of one of the characters

I am both two and one... to love one, you must also love the other... She and i are different but the same, two bodies in one...
Even in the darkest night lies hope. you just have to find it...
Watashi wa kurayami no naka de hisonde iru kotodesu

#146 2009-07-14 00:07:55

Hussar

I wanted a short screen name that I wouldn't quickly tire of.

UBIQUE
Engineer definition:  Everywhere
Artillery definition:  All over the place

#147 2009-07-29 17:59:24

littlejo

I'm short and my name is JO-see how much thought went in to developing it!

Little girls this seems to say never stop upon your way, never trust a stranger friend, no one knows how it will end. As you're pretty so be wise wolves may lurke in every guise. Now as then tis simple truth, sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth.

#148 2009-08-25 13:26:51

Varulfur
Website

I picked mine Because werewolf would be to noobish so Varulfur is cooler any way... Its Icelandic for Werewolf.

Im Lonely
Im Hungry
I am Crying
I Am the WEREWOLF!!!

#149 2009-08-27 04:34:38

BrokenHowls
Hiding in the Mist

I just thought it sounded good smile and it was fitting for the sight.

~The remaining puzzle piece in an already complete jigsaw~

#150 2009-09-04 01:04:42

Nova 5
Website

Nova 5 is the callname I used several years ago in Quake III: Team Arena for voice chat.

Funny thing is, I haven't even thought about that for a while... Ah, how I miss those days of cheetohs and online scrimmaging.

новая звезда ПЯТЬ

"The living should never be used to serve the purposes of the dead. But the dead , should, if possible, serve the purposes of the living."

Board footer