The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-09 20:14:41

LuminusPup

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn - by Stephenie Meyer

Anybody read these?? The first one, Twilight, is about vampires only. But starting in the second one it introduces werewolves. New Moon is practically all about werewolves, and Eclipse is a mix.

I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge; the nightmare I built my own world to escape.

--Evanescence

#2 2007-12-09 21:09:20

Wolfy

Re: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn - by Stephenie Meyer

It's funny because I saw these books while out shopping for Christmas gifts today but I dismissed them because I picked up one and thought it was only about vampires.  Although, I should probably give some vampire liturature a try because I'm sure some of it is very good.

So, I have not read these, how are they?  What exactly are they about?

#3 2007-12-09 22:10:45

LuminusPup

Woops! First of all, I just realized I made a big mistake. The author is Stephanie MEYER. big_smile Sorry! Dunno if there is a way to change that.

The first book, Twilight, is about a girl who lived in California but is being forced to move to Forks, Washington. Her mother is traveling with her new husband, and that's why she sends Bella to her dad in Forks. Bella is dead set she is going to hate this dreary, rainy place. But she ends up meeting Edward Cullin and chasing after him. She cannot figure out why Edward hates her so much, but it's because he's afraid of loving a human. The first book is basically the adventure of her finding out what he is and still loving him and all that. The Cullin family is a family of vampires, father, mother, two girls, and three boys.

In the second book, New Moon, Edward believes he has threatened Bella way too much just by being with her. So he and his family leaves, Bella is thrown into a deep depression. To break her from the depression, her dad sends her to family friends(only about 15 minute ride away from Forks). A boy her age, Jacob Black, and her have known each other for a long time. They become really close friends, Jacob loves Bella but she still loves Edward. Later, as Jacob reaches maturity he turns into a werewolf. The whole book is about Bella being in danger and Jacob(and Jacob's pack) protecting her.

The third book, Eclipse, is a continuation of the third one more on the fact that Edward(came back later in book two) and Jacob are rivals. Not simply for their love of Bella, but also because the area is divided. Jacob's pack, led by Sam, and the Cullin family has a treaty that splits up the land for hunting grounds. Also in the treaty, the Cullin family(who are "vegetarians") are not aloud to harm/kill/change any human being. Bella on the other hand, wants to be changed into a vampire so she can spend her life with Edward. Jacob isn't pleased with this.

I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge; the nightmare I built my own world to escape.

--Evanescence

#4 2007-12-10 18:17:32

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

The first book wasn't so good
I read it.
I wonder if I should still read New Moon?

Synchronicity

#5 2007-12-10 21:46:28

LuminusPup

I would suggest it. But personally, I love all of them.

--Evanescence

#6 2007-12-11 19:39:42

The Busboy
Administrator

Oh, you mean "Stephenie Meyer."  I know her books, and I've even met her too (she's very nice).
Links to Stephenie's books at amazon.com:

Twilight:
http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Saga-Boo … amp;sr=1-1

New Moon:
http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Twilight-Sag … amp;sr=1-4

Eclipse:
http://www.amazon.com/Eclipse-Twilight- … amp;sr=1-5

#7 2007-12-11 23:03:27

WolfMontana

It's scientifically proven - BUSBOY KNOWS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!! yikes yikes yikes

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#8 2007-12-12 06:08:01

BlueEyesWolf

Was any doubt about it? He even know lil ol me. *blushs*

#9 2007-12-12 14:09:13

LuminusPup

Yes, I meant Stephanie Meyer, I don't know if it's possible to change the subject?

--Evanescence

#10 2007-12-12 18:35:08

The Busboy
Administrator

LuminusPup wrote:

Yes, I meant Stephanie Meyer, I don't know if it's possible to change the subject?

I'll fix it for ya.

#11 2007-12-12 18:51:24

LuminusPup

The Busboy wrote:

LuminusPup wrote:

I'll fix it for ya.

Thanks!

--Evanescence

#12 2007-12-12 20:09:12

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

I try to get it!
Thanks!

Synchronicity

#13 2007-12-21 11:39:14

therian44
Barry Burton's lover
Website

I love all of her books. When I met her, she said that people wore "Kill the mut" She was very offended and so was I. Everyone knows that Jacob Black is a hottie and hes not a mut. <3

Run, wolf warrior, to ends eternal
Through the wreckage of the death of the day
Scent of silence under starlight spinning
A captured beast within a human skin

#14 2007-12-21 11:47:09

Wolfy

Hmmm...sounds interesting.  I'll have to look into those.

#15 2008-02-17 13:28:27

The Busboy
Administrator

From another forum topic that was closed (since this one existed):

LuminusPup wrote:

The new Stephanie Meyer book is supposed to come out August 2nd(or 3rd..don't recall exactly.) It's titled Breaking Dawn(for now) and is the fourth and possible last in the series.

#16 2008-02-17 13:50:25

LuminusPup

Woopsie! Sowwy Busboy!

--Evanescence

#17 2008-02-17 22:47:47

The Busboy
Administrator

Oh, don't be sorry, I'm just trying to keep things together, that's all.

#18 2008-02-18 12:25:22

LuminusPup

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
News about Book Four in the Twilight Series
Official Press Release: BREAKING DAWN WILL RELEASE ON AUGUST 2, 2008

2008 MAJOR YEAR FOR MEYER WITH DEBUT OF ADULT NOVEL AND TWILIGHT MOVIE

February 7, 2008 (New York, NY) — The wait is over. At 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, August 2, 2008, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, a division of Hachette Book Group USA, will release the most anticipated novel of the year — Breaking Dawn, it was announced today by Megan Tingley, the division's Senior Vice President and Publisher. The fourth and final book in Stephenie Meyer's #1 international bestselling Twilight Saga will be available in a hardcover edition for $22.99/$23.99 Can.

The countdown to Breaking Dawn will begin on Saturday, May 31, 2008 with the publication of the Eclipse Special Edition which coincides with the annual BookExpo America show, the book publishing industry's largest convention. This deluxe hardcover version of the third book in the series not only includes the cover art for Breaking Dawn, but also the first chapter—both of which will be revealed to the public for the first time. The trade paperback of New Moon, the second book in the Twilight Saga, will also be released on Saturday, May 31, 2008.

"Stephenie Meyer has written a dazzling grand finale to an epic love story," commented Tingley. "And with the extraordinary excitement surrounding the publication of Breaking Dawn, I'm thrilled that legions of new readers will now discover the saga that has already captivated millions around the world."

Meyer's fans will have plenty to keep them occupied until the release of the Eclipse Special Edition and Breaking Dawn. On May 6, 2008, Little, Brown and Company will release The Host, Meyer's highly-anticipated debut novel for adults. Little, Brown and Company has announced a 500,000 copy first-printing and Meyer will embark on a 10-city author tour for The Host.

"We are thrilled to be publishing two novels from this extraordinary talent in 2008," said David Young, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hachette Book Group USA. "Stephenie Meyer has already achieved so much in her young career and this year further establishes her as a major force in the publishing industry. Given her remarkable talent and her passionate, ever-growing fan base, there is no limit to Stephenie Meyer's success."

Meyer's amazing year will be capped off by a major motion picture event. Summit Entertainment will bring Twilight to the big screen, directed by Catherine Hardwicke ("Thirteen," "Lords of Dogtown") and starring Kristen Stewart ("Into The Wild") and Robert Pattinson ("Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"). It will be released nationwide on December 12, 2008.

In just two years, Stephenie Meyer has become a worldwide publishing phenomenon. Twilight was one of 2005's most talked about novels and translation rights have been sold in 33 countries. The sequel, New Moon, was released in September 2006, and spent over 30 weeks at the #1 position on The New York Times bestseller list. Eclipse, the latest book in the series released on August 7, 2007, catapulted to the #1 slot on bestseller lists nationwide after selling 150,000 copies its first day on-sale. There are over 5.5 million copies of the Twilight Saga in-print worldwide.

Little, Brown Books for Young Readers is a division of Hachette Book Group USA, a leading trade publisher based in New York and a division of Hachette Livre, the second largest publisher in the world. Hachette Book Group's product lines include adult, illustrated, religious, children's and audio books under the Little, Brown and Company, Little Brown Books for Young Readers, Grand Central Publishing, FaithWords, Center Street, Orbit, Yen Press and Hachette Book Group Digital Media imprints. For more information, visit www.hbgusa.com.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/breakingdawn.html

--Evanescence

#19 2008-03-01 15:16:38

The Busboy
Administrator

Here's Stephenie's website:
www.stepheniemeyer.com

#20 2008-03-01 15:19:06

The Busboy
Administrator

#21 2008-05-10 17:10:06

The Busboy
Administrator

#22 2008-05-12 18:19:35

The Busboy
Administrator

Article - "Stephenie Meyer: A New J.K. Rowling?"
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic … html?imw=Y

#23 2008-05-14 15:39:27

Zeah
Website

The movie for the first book is coming out soon...

I may not be a werewolf....but he is....---> http://www.tbpopper.deviantart.com <3

Close your eyes and see
When there ain't no light...

#24 2008-07-05 15:49:42

twilight rising

I didn't really like these books if I'm honest.

Maybe I'm too old to really enjoy them, because I found the character so naiive! I think she was overly accepting of her lover being a vampire, and seemingly didn't think like a normal person in that respect.

Also, I thought her lycans could have been developed so much better had she spent less time in the "suspense" build up to finding out he was indeed a werewolf and more time exploring it. But then again, that probably wouldn't have fitted into the book well...

These books were alright. Didn't stand out as much special for me unfortunately.

#25 2008-08-23 11:52:17

Daninsky
Website

The books are great for what they are, teen-romance novels that is.
Though, 'twilight' is a lot better than 'new moon'.
The second book needed more focus, it has around 200 hundred pages happening nothing and then suddenly she packs in a rather pointless Italy venture to get Edward back in the story, but we got Alice back that way, too, so I didn't mind that much. smile

But yeah, for YA novels she does a pretty good job in the books, with the exception of Breaking Dawn that is...

Last edited by Daninsky (2008-10-03 12:42:23)

Call no man happy 'til he dies

Board footer