The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2008-09-19 20:53:54

Illeana_NightRain
Website

Re: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn - by Stephenie Meyer

I absolutely adore this book series. Stephanie Meyer is an amazing write. My favourite personally was Eclipse, though I loved all four. So much that they are the type of books I pick up and finish in a day or two.

Though, if I might make a correction made in an above post. Bella is not from California. She's from Arizona. Phoenix to be exact.

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown
Apart, we are broken. Together, we are one.
Oh yeah...did I forget to mention that I'm unhealthily obsessed with bunnies?

#27 2008-10-01 14:41:48

punxnotdead

I thoroughly enjoyed the series as a whole. My favourite was, of course, Twilight. The main reason why is because of the wonderful use of imagery. It captivated me from the time I started reading. Her stories have a qaulity that draws in her readers and won't let them put the book down until the conclusion is reached. The second book was alright, I think it just lacked substance and was a bit too whiney for me. I dunno, I don't like when the characters get so broken up about love, but I guess I can't judge 'cause I've never been in love.
Eclipse was better and I especially love the werewolf aspect of it.
I find her writing unique, though I haven't read alot of vampire-based stories.
Still, these books made for a riviting read and I think I'll even read Twilight over again.

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#28 2008-10-02 22:35:39

Illeana_NightRain
Website

It makes me want to read them all over again too. Breaking Dawn was pretty awesome as well though. You can really tell in that book just how much she's progressed as a writer from when she put out Twilight. It's a bit more 'adult' and it brings the reader in more with the details and such.

All of them were amazing though.

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown
Apart, we are broken. Together, we are one.
Oh yeah...did I forget to mention that I'm unhealthily obsessed with bunnies?

#29 2008-10-05 02:19:36

punxnotdead

I agree wabout Breaking Dawn being more mature and adult. I liked that because it's not so young. However, I'm not much of a person for mushy stuff in a story. It irritates me because writers portray a perfect fantisy world of love between two couples when, in actuality, there is more confusion and fighting involved. But I guess that can be percieved that I don't like romantic relationships...
Anyways, onto my review (I couldn't find a thread about Breaking Dawn anywhere else, so I'll write it here.)

The book was long, but there were so many breath-taking parts that really riveted me until I had to stay up all night to read the resolution.
Stephanie Meyer writes in such a way that the reader can easily fall into the character's shoes. When something bad happens, we greive with them and when something funny happens, we laugh alongside them. I find that it's difficult to get that reaction from me in any story (besides Grayle's) and I really appriceate that about the novel.
When Edward was pained, I pained for him. He was the one person I did not want to die throughout the novel, as well as Carlisle. He was my favourite character and to see Carlisle die would have been difficult.
Anyways, the tension and atmosphere were consistent and well executed througout the story.
Over all, I give it an A+!
I'm deciding whether I liked it better than Twilight.

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#30 2008-10-14 21:50:48

Vancariad

Ugh, these books are stupid.  My friend is making me read Twilight so that she will read Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and I want to puke every time I pick it up.

Charle Brown is NOT amused.

#31 2008-10-14 21:51:59

Vancariad

SPOILER ALERT FOR THE LAST BOOK!!!!

But I heard that the werewolves aren't even weerwolves.

#32 2008-10-14 22:26:41

Freddy

true their more like big wolves but 2 tell u the truth their not that bad if i say so myself. i mean come on theirs even a movie coming out on nov. 21. 08

I will always protect the one's I love no matter what

#33 2008-10-15 23:14:07

Vancariad

Erg, I'm sorry, but it's a bit to Chick Lit-y if you ask me.

Plus, because of the release of Twilight, the Harry Potter movie is BEING DELAYED AND IT'S ALL BLUMIN TWILIGHT'S FAULT!!!!  ARRRRG!

#34 2008-10-15 23:38:58

Freddy

lol yeah i have 2 agree with u their 2 much lovey dovey lol

#35 2008-10-31 02:01:01

CelestialWolf
Website

I've read all the books, and have enjoyed them a lot! Yeah, I know. I'm a guy. So what? She has a good writing style that really kept me engrossed in the story. I have to admit, the biggest reason for being interested was for the werewolves in the story; I like the way she portrays them and how they shift, communicate, and fight. Jacob and Seth were my favorites.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend reading the books if you haven't, if for nothing else than to read the werewolf parts of the story!

-CelestialWolf
My werewolf website.

#36 2008-10-31 06:01:54

alphanubilus

Vancariad wrote:

Erg, I'm sorry, but it's a bit to Chick Lit-y if you ask me.

Plus, because of the release of Twilight, the Harry Potter movie is BEING DELAYED AND IT'S ALL BLUMIN TWILIGHT'S FAULT!!!!  ARRRRG!

*spoilers*

The werewolves are revealed to be "shapeshifters" and not true werewolves. Real werewolves are referred to as "Children of the Moon" and are mentioned to be mindless killing machines and the mortal enemy of the Volturi.

Harry Potter's delay has NOTHING to do with Twilight. Warner Brothers made a conscious decision to delay Harry Potter in order to release it in an empty time slot during their summer season. Warner blamed last year's writer's strike as the reason for the hole. At the time Twilight was scheduled to be released Dec. 12th. The original release date for Harry Potter was Nov. 21st. Harry, having nearly a 3 week head start of Twilight wouldn't have been hurt by the famed vampire love story. Twilight only moved to Nov. 21st when Harry Potter left the spot open.

#37 2008-10-31 09:58:02

Vancariad

meh.
fine.

#38 2008-11-02 17:42:41

-Spike-
Website

Ok yea, I'm a dude. I've read all the books, mainly for the wolves but I also wanted to see what all the hype of this "Edward" character was all about. I haven't seen how some people can be so emotionally attached to a fictional character. It's like a big inside joke I don't get. He wasn't that enthralling. He had a HUGE feminine side. I noticed THAT, Ugh. But Jake and Sam were my favorite chacters, sure Alice sounds nice too.

SPOILER FOR LAST BOOK

*clears throat* They weren't REVIELED as shape shifters. The Volturi were told the wolves were shape shifters in order to keep them from getting slaughtered. So Yea.

Last edited by -Spike- (2008-11-02 18:00:21)

How bout d'em Yankees?

#39 2008-11-02 23:37:31

Vancariad

Ok, I have only read, like, most of the first one.  DOn;t sue me or anything for hear-say.

#40 2008-11-02 23:54:31

-Spike-
Website

....I'm not a fan.

How bout d'em Yankees?

#41 2008-11-02 23:55:47

Vancariad

good

#42 2008-11-03 13:17:03

Aki

Not read the books but at the prodding of a friend I've read plot summary and wow these sound terrible. The vampires are ludicrously perfect (sparkling in the sunlight? Seriously?), the plot twists near the end are "WHAT" inducing and the characters seem outright retarded at times.

Part of me wants to read it to have a better position to say it's terrible from, but the rest of me doesn't want to burn the time on something that sounds so bad.

#43 2008-11-03 14:46:18

punxnotdead

Aki wrote:

Not read the books but at the prodding of a friend I've read plot summary and wow these sound terrible. The vampires are ludicrously perfect (sparkling in the sunlight? Seriously?), the plot twists near the end are "WHAT" inducing and the characters seem outright retarded at times.

Part of me wants to read it to have a better position to say it's terrible from, but the rest of me doesn't want to burn the time on something that sounds so bad.

Pretty much.
The werewolves (or rather, shapeshifters) were my favourite.

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#44 2008-11-03 18:51:51

Vancariad

Aki wrote:

I know, that's basically the only reason I read it.

#45 2008-11-11 01:47:00

Freddy

i basically read it cause there were werewolves but i was disappointed thou the werewolves were not exactly what i had in my head. You know what got me piss about the books? the author Stephenie Meyer made the vampires look strong and awsome but she made the werewolves look weak and helpless that my friends got me piss.

#46 2008-11-11 12:54:37

TruthBeTold

I'm not much of a person for mushy stuff in a story

You said it there, Punx. That is the reason I like these novels. I was getting sick of the bored_housewife_romances being disquised as a good werewolve/vampire novel. I also like how the storyline grows as they do, with just small hints of sexual frustration. Twightlight was a teen-novel, but the whole story has grown with the readers, so by they time the readers are at the age of these sort of feelings, so it the book. smile Very smart on Stephenie's part. I don't think I know of another author that has done that so well.

Suflet de Lup...

#47 2008-11-12 11:19:27

Vancariad

Heh heh, I found two AWSOME quotes dissing Twilight.

"If the only way to stop Twilight is to cut off Stephanie Meyer's hands, THEN I'VE GOT THE CHAINSAW!!!"

"The difference between Harry Potter and Twilight is that Joe actually took the time to learn how to write."

Actually make it three.

"Twilight is for people who thought having a plot is SOOOOO last year."

Heh heh, take that Fandom...

#48 2008-11-13 00:34:32

Shawn13
Website

I liked the series. Not loved, just liked. Hated the last book sad.

But Meyers "The Host" - gently caressing amazing. One of my most favorite books. So I know she has talent, but the last book in the twilight series...eeeesh.

I did like the wolves. I felt they had more personality than some of the other characters, but I dunno. : /

#49 2008-11-13 00:35:46

Shawn13
Website

TruthBeTold wrote:

I'm not much of a person for mushy stuff in a story

You said it there, Punx. That is the reason I like these novels. I was getting sick of the bored_housewife_romances being disquised as a good werewolve/vampire novel. I also like how the storyline grows as they do, with just small hints of sexual frustration. Twightlight was a teen-novel, but the whole story has grown with the readers, so by they time the readers are at the age of these sort of feelings, so it the book. smile Very smart on Stephenie's part. I don't think I know of another author that has done that so well.

Yes! I don't mind a little romance, but I felt like Bella and Edwards love was based on...nothing O.o. Except maybe lust? Infatuation?

Last edited by Shawn13 (2008-11-13 00:36:18)

#50 2008-11-14 22:08:44

Vancariad

Yeah, I don't mind romance, but this romance is gushy and...well it's just useless!!!!

Board footer