The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-18 00:16:43

DelawareWolf17

Could I be therian/were?

OK,I'm 17, 5.7' or so my astrological sign is Capricorn, and I'm wondering if I am somthing more that what I think, but I need some help.
Unlike many others I have read about, I have never "shifted", or anything like that, nor have I had dreams about being an animal(mostly I have dreamless sleep/don;t remember my dreams)
But, I have allways been interested in the wolf, since I was 10 or so(Balto was one of my favorite movies back then) Recently, I've decided to be really interested in wolves, going as far as buying "The book of Werewolves" at a bookstore on a whim whille christmas shopping.
I have also never shaved, and like the way my facial hair is growing so far.
like ~30-40% of the things I have asked for for Christmas are Wolf-related.
Sometimes I fell like I have a connection to the wolf, other times I don't
I feel as though I am getting better at "Understanding" my dogs, and I think they are getting better at "understanding" me.
I have been told that I look like a wolf(granted, I was told this by my 11 year-old neice), and I liked being told that.
I'm not sure exactly WHY I like the wolf, but I think it has somthing to do with the freedom associated with the idea, and there are often times I wish I could just leave my house and not come back(but of coruse I wouldnt do it)
I have a unique life(been homeschooled all my life, so never went to public school, and also never had the socializing that would have come with a public school education),I am a bit "Socialy Inept"(Atleast in my own opnion)
Sometimes, I feel totaly seperate from the rest of the Human race.
I also feel very loney and depressed sometimes, but I am usually able to supress these emotions.
I wish I had more friends my age(espcially girlfriends LOL) but, due to my unique upbringing, I'm not really sure how to go about making that happen.

All of this sometimes swirls in my head, and sometimes I wonder if I am human, or somthing like a therian/werewolf.

But I have no idea myself, and I'm hoping that someone on here might be able to offer some insight as to wether I might be one.

Thanks in advance smile

Exhausted Workercog

#2 2007-12-18 06:02:20

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Re: Could I be therian/were?

DelwareWolf17, welcome,
I hate to tell you I think you may just be an average person with problems I mean last year I had a thing for buffalo but that didn't make me a were-buffalo (I'm a were-wolf).
I think maybe on an off chance yes you could be a therian but then again humans aren't so different on the outside compared to therians so maybe you are a therian.
Not experiencing any of the shifts however maybe an indication you aren't a therian. Even if you aren't please stick around!

Synchronicity

#3 2007-12-18 20:01:42

Wolfy

Hey Delaware, welcome to the Cafe!  I'm not a Therian myself, so even if you're not you'll fit in fine here.  Actually, I understand where you are comming from.  I've had this interest in wolves since I was about 8.  It didn't take too long before it became part of my personal identity actually, I guess I'm used to being, "that girl who likes wolves."  I was never homeschooled, but I understand having difficulty with social interaction.  I know exactly what it feels like to not fit in.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy the site and decide to stay.

#4 2007-12-18 21:23:10

DelawareWolf17

Well thanks for the kind introduction, it's nicer then some I have recived on the 'net smile
I do wish I was Threian, but if I'm not,then I'm not, just a guy with "issues" big_smile

Exhausted Workercog

#5 2007-12-18 21:27:42

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Yeah issues can be a pain in the tail.
I'm going to therapy in January (not for being a Therian though)
and maybe you should go.
It's not just a place for loonies.

Synchronicity

#6 2007-12-18 21:46:39

DelawareWolf17

Yeah, they sugested I should do that back in '03 when I had bad depression, but we never did it, they put me on prozac,but that made me feel worse, So I stopped taking it, and eventualy felt better.
Right now, I don't think we could afford therapy(I'm still feeling guilty about buying ~ $500 worth of gifts(for one person!))

Exhausted Workercog

#7 2007-12-18 23:09:31

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Only you know if your a therian, and only time will tell.Being a therian mean the animal sticks with you for life,that you literally are what you are, it was how you were bron.Does that mean that you know this from birth?Nope,means you figure out when you relaize your different from everyone.When you have a look in your eyes that isn't completely human, your mind wonders to the wild, to the thought of being something else physically.Now,by what you have told us,I would say most likely yes, you are a therian.However,like I mentioned that is for you to decide and discover.Shifting doesn't decide,it is just something that comes along to therians as they learn more about who and what they are,but sometimes it doesn't.The forums are filled with glorious information,so take a look around and read some of the posts.Many are useful and will help you on your path of discovery,best of luck!
smile

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#8 2007-12-18 23:12:42

WritingWulf

hello, i am writingwolf, you can call me Writing or WW, everyone else has been. I am a therian, the feelings you discribed, are they really desperate or were you exagerating on that part? Do you feel like sometimes you could accept not ever getting to know any humans as long as you could find someone like yourself? What really got me was ...well there were alote of things that kind of MADE me look up what was going on and i found this site. This site really helped because i had always wondered what i was cause i never thought of myself of human type, i found out...errr..like a month or two ago i was a therian. Being a therian is inside of you. It will demand to be noticed if it isnt, if you are a therian you will almost be TOLD to look at yourself and notice it, its not something that can be denied. smile come to my forum if you ever want to talk! Also a good source of help would be a freind of mine called WolfVanZant, hes a therian scientist and is around here somewhere. Any way good luck to you!

#9 2007-12-18 23:29:45

WolfVanZandt
Website

I'm around, but I can't help much.

The things you describe, Delaware, doesn't add up to therianthropy - but they don't mean that you're not a Therian either. There are Therians who don't realize why they are the way they are - in other words, they don't know they're Therian. But once they figure out what's going on - it's obvious. There's temptation to doubt but it's something that demands attention. A Therian is an animal mind in a human body.

But a person is best when they are what they are. Wanting to be something else is frustrating and trying to be something else is rather futile. But people are valuable in their own right. For humanity to "work" we need all kinds.

#10 2007-12-18 23:33:34

WritingWulf

verry true verry true. I was proud of one of my freinds the other day, he looked at all the problems he had been having then looked at the problems a therian would have and then said outloud (i dont know if he knew i was there) "Well i can honelsty say, i am a normal boy with normal problems." i was soooo proud. In his way he was saying that all his problems were nothing big and they could be taken care of ...it takes courage to admite that. that means they wont give and run from the problem, they will face them and breeze right over them.

#11 2007-12-18 23:47:27

DelawareWolf17

WritingWolf wrote:

the feelings you discribed, are they really desperate or were you exagerating on that part? Do you feel like sometimes you could accept not ever getting to know any humans as long as you could find someone like yourself?

To the first part: Could you be more specific?
To the second part: Yes, I think I cou;d be happy with that.
I am very lonely, and I wish I could find someone who understands me fully, and not just the part I show to other people.
My mother comes close to doing this, but there are times I say to myself("No one understands!!!")

Exhausted Workercog

#12 2007-12-19 08:35:49

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Just find a person who does or like I said go to therapy.
Maybe they have some therian therapy.
But regardless we can still understand you.

Synchronicity

#13 2007-12-19 10:33:36

WritingWulf

therian therapy?...hmm...thats interesting..Thats it! Thats what ill do! Yes! *punches air*

#14 2007-12-19 10:40:45

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Feeling lonely and like nobody understands is a normal feeling for many teens,I went through it myself last year after my beloved dog,more like best friend of eleven years though,sadly died.I just wanted to be alone,didn't think anyone understood or knew how I felt.Then I saw this report on the news and a woman was sobbing so hard because her little girl had been kidnapped,I looked at myslef and said,"Yeah,it's sad that Rex is gone but things could be worse."I also realized I wasn't alone in the pain, you think people around you are happy,that they may have great lives,but on the inside we will always carry some kind of hurt.We can't help it,were human.I know a therian maybe a wolf mind in a human body,but we still have more emotion then most animals,comes with the human side.
Sooo,in conclusion we know how you feel.Do we understand?More then ya think,hope we can help you out and to see you around here more.

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#15 2007-12-19 11:45:44

WritingWulf

*Takle hugs everyone* THere! now you all feel better ..oh and...

MONKEYMONKEYMONKEYMONKEYMONKEYMONKEYMOKEYMONKEYMOKEYMONKEYMOKEYMONKEYMONKEYMONKEYMONKEY!

#16 2007-12-19 13:23:58

WolfMontana

*ponders her recently acquired monkey tackle hug*

Sounds like you need some connections DEWolf. Someone to talk to. You said you felt kinda socially inept - what kinds of things do you like to do? Hobbies, etc? If you get into that stuff you might find more folks you feel comfortable talking with, sharing with (like, heh, this place), and realize you're not as alone as you think you are. smile

Cause you really aren't.

Helps to get the body moving too smile Do you bike? Gym? Hike?

There're quite a few non-therian werewolf fanatics on here, and no-ones really completely qualified to stamp you with a definitive yes or no, so don't worry about that. You're welcome here, whoever you feel you are, just as long as the occasional werewolf thought crosses your mind. wink

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#17 2007-12-19 17:47:52

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Hey I say Delaware Wolf can always use us as that person to talk too.

Synchronicity

#18 2007-12-19 21:44:34

DelawareWolf17

WolfMontana wrote:

Sounds like you need some connections DEWolf. Someone to talk to. You said you felt kinda socially inept - what kinds of things do you like to do? Hobbies, etc? If you get into that stuff you might find more folks you feel comfortable talking with, sharing with (like, heh, this place), and realize you're not as alone as you think you are. smile

Helps to get the body moving too smile Do you bike? Gym? Hike?

Not the kind that would get me around other people.
I actually tend to freak out and get really uncomfortable when I'm around other people my own age(which is seldom)
I walk sometimes, but stuuf like that ist really my forte`.

Exhausted Workercog

#19 2007-12-20 00:45:28

WolfMontana

DelawareWolf17 wrote:

I actually tend to freak out and get really uncomfortable when I'm around other people my own age

I tended to do that too as a kid. Eventually you realize it doesn't matter what other folks think about ya, you find your passions, you feel more comfortable with yourself, and you start relating to other peeps easier. When you get your feet under you, and you get more independence, you start finding your place in the world.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#20 2007-12-21 19:07:41

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Wow I was exposed to about 400 hundred people today at an assembly and i actually had to take a sedative to calm down. So it would surprise me if not liking large groups was a sign of Therianthropy.

Synchronicity

#21 2007-12-21 22:45:59

WritingWulf

...ur...exposed? like as in you "changed" or as in...somethign embarasing? either way its interesting!

#22 2007-12-22 09:30:45

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Kinda I just kept freaking out and yelling (i even brought a sedative earlier but took it to early so I had to get another 1)

Synchronicity

#23 2007-12-25 20:52:40

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Yes this is a definate sign.
I went to Huge Chrsitmas store a later that day and almost had a heart attack.
They had to pull me out.

Synchronicity

#24 2007-12-28 05:59:00

AesirWolf
The Pizza Werewolf

Hmm... I suggest you shouldn't think about it too seriously... Coz it might as well lose your chance of being a therian... But don't feel offended... Sometimes lycanthropy just comes by even if you don't know it...

"The power of goddess Freyja and god Freyr rests in my paws..."

"Want some pizza? Let me make them for you!"

#25 2007-12-28 13:27:02

lykos

Anything i can do to help?

The moon is ever beautiful
And the moon is ever strong
Especially the moon of December 
Which makes me feel at home

Board footer