The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-27 22:02:06

WritingWulf

Physical Therian topics

Ok, i thought i would post this because 1. I know that therians are animals in human bodies but...what if the animal starts becoming more then just the "Who you are" and the human side starts going away?

My body has gone throught alote of changes but none the most disturbing then the changing of my eyes from the brightest blue to the dullest grey, and my hair going from bright blond to my current dark brown. My teeth, have also started getting a problem. They used to just be unusually sharp and longish, but now, they are almost poking out of my mouth. Its wierd. Ill notice it only when im really into something emotional and deep. My teeth will be long, very long and sharper. My hair will seem longer, more scattered, and muscles will get biger and its almost like i am taller. My nails have started growing at an unusuall rate also. Ill cut them one day, two days later they grow right back. The only thing i can get is...maybe i am starting to grow out of this infernal human body?....hopfully

#2 2007-12-29 09:13:21

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Re: Physical Therian topics

Hmmm I too am having my nails grow in that fasion. Perhaps you are like the next move in evolution?

Synchronicity

#3 2007-12-29 12:01:53

WritingWulf

lol i hope not! Its hard enough to type some of the time with nails like mine!

#4 2007-12-29 20:11:20

Sentinel

My suggestion is self-actualization. Pick which way you want to go, or somewhere in-between, and go there. Know what you want and strive for it.

#5 2007-12-29 20:49:11

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Well, first of all, though it is a fun thought, I doubt you are changing into an entirely different species (I would link a video of that commercial where the guy eats nothing but chicken sandwiches and turns into a chicken after a few days here, but I couldn't find it on youtube for some odd reason)
As for Physical aspects of therianthropy, there is evidence that it has physical traits in the body, most likely through chemicals and psychological stuff.  I have long fingernails and toenails, but that's because I've always grown them long.  The fact that yours grow fast might just mean your body creates extra chitin or something, maybe it has something to do with chemicals though.  As for teeth, I know lots of people with fangs and such who aren't therians, and it may be that you just notice them differently at different times.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#6 2007-12-30 00:22:03

WolfVanZandt
Website

Aye, the very frustrating thing is that all the things I read Therians posting that seem to them to be Therian, I know nonTherians that show the same characteristics.

I wish it were easy to tell by specific signs when you're a Therian but there just isn't any clear cut signs. Physiology just doesn't work like that.

#7 2007-12-30 01:04:14

WritingWulf

Sentinel wrote:

My suggestion is self-actualization. Pick which way you want to go, or somewhere in-between, and go there. Know what you want and strive for it.

yea that sounds like it, the thing is the how, and the procedures on who to go about it

#8 2007-12-30 01:06:04

WritingWulf

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Aye, the very frustrating thing is that all the things I read Therians posting that seem to them to be Therian, I know nonTherians that show the same characteristics.

I wish it were easy to tell by specific signs when you're a Therian but there just isn't any clear cut signs. Physiology just doesn't work like that.

ok....this is a theory going on here. I'm looking for people who have similar or CREATIVE criticism about the topic thnk you

#9 2007-12-30 16:42:53

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Perhaps it is a sort of odd late therian puberty?

Synchronicity

#10 2007-12-30 16:52:03

WritingWulf

lol puberty was a b****. Unless there is a human one and then a therian one?

#11 2007-12-30 17:05:37

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Perhaps? For some?

Synchronicity

#12 2007-12-30 17:40:44

WritingWulf

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Also...ur..this is a little bit going back on your word WVZ. You said in the thread of Restless Leg Syndrome that therians seem to have better imune system and about how we seem to work better when we have mental illnesses. Just saying....if there is no difference in their physical, mental would also matter.

#13 2007-12-30 19:32:48

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, there's a difference in both physical and mental, it's just not that easy to distinguish. For instance, my example of African-American - there are certainly differences. The most evident is skin pigmentation but that isn't constant. There are African Americans with skin as light as mine (I'm very light skinned). Other things such as sickle-cell anemia (it doesn't always occur among African-Americans), diabetes (other races get it too - in fact, that's one of those things that are more common among Therians) and so forth.

I think the essential differences are in the way the temporal lobe connects to the rest of the brain, certain minor structural differences, and some hormonal differences that may, after all, be related to the way the brain manages the hormonal balance. All of these things would be hard to pick up by normal means - maybe a CT scan or SPECT image or some such. Laboratory tests might come up with something if the researcher knew what to look for. As many Therians that have been to the doctor, though, it wouldn't be anything that would show up and be quite evident right off the bat.

#14 2007-12-30 19:38:29

WritingWulf

mmhmm...so there WOULD be things to look for in a therian? Mental patterns and such?

#15 2007-12-30 19:57:04

WolfVanZandt
Website

Oh yeah. In fact, after you've been exposed to Therians in RL for a while, you'll probably be able to pick up on them.

It's like family resemblances - in fact, I have a group Howl picture hanging in my office and people that come through often ask me if it's a family reunion picture. With family resemblances, there's not usually one thing that you can point at that makes you think that people are related, there's just an overall "relatedness" that it's hard to put your finger on - yet it's often quite clear that people are family.

Therians often walk on the balls of their feet. They're very "alert" in that they're always scanning their environment, picking up information. They get distracted easily by small motions in their visual field. They act do things that seem off-the-wall to Mainstreamers but that's because the Mainstreamer isn't picking up on some subtle nuance in their environment.

Most of what Therians notice that tells them that there's another Therians around isn't on a conscious level. Most Therians wouldn't be able to tell you what it is about another person that makes them think they're a Therian.

For instance, when I got up to the first SEHowl at Cloudland Canyon, I was the first there so I came back down the mountain for supplies. While I was in the grocery store wondering around, this huge guy walks up to me from out of nowhere and says, "Excuse me. Are you here for the Howl?" It was his first Howl and he'd never seen me before and he couldn't tell me why I looked like a Therian to him, "I just did."

#16 2007-12-30 20:00:06

WritingWulf

(of subject- big favore, i was going to take my little sister to a HOWL but...cant find one in WISCONSIN...could you help a wolf out WVZ?)

Well iv noticed this to, i figure its something like the aura or something therians project.

#17 2007-12-30 20:20:09

WritingWulf

oh and what about tast buds? What about certain hungers and cravings?

#18 2007-12-30 20:34:23

The Huntress
Queen of the Night

thei think therians hav nothing in common with humans, but at the same time, we're the same.

Some  People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything But They Bring A  Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs.

#19 2007-12-31 01:17:56

WolfVanZandt
Website

Hmmm....if Werelist is back up, it'd be your best bet for finding Howls in your area. Offhand I don't know of one in the Wisconsin area, but a bunch of the SEHowlers just moved up there so it wouldn't surprise me to find one starting up sometime (except they'll still be coming south for the big Howl).

#20 2007-12-31 01:39:29

WritingWulf

REALLY!?!?!?! *Tackle hugs WVZ* whoot whoot! now how would i go upon finding this Werelist and joining?

#21 2007-12-31 05:10:29

WolfVanZandt
Website

Werelist.com

#22 2007-12-31 10:45:42

The Huntress
Queen of the Night

yay! WVZ has finally bcome usefull! no-offence or anything...>.>....<.<

Some  People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything But They Bring A  Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs.

#23 2007-12-31 15:44:04

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Well I found him useful quite often and most of the therian traits you described WVZ are in fact things that I do and things I have.

Synchronicity

#24 2007-12-31 17:19:25

LuminusPup

To be honest, I doubt there are for-certain traits specifically for a therian. Maybe there is, but I don't THINK so. Like, everybody is different. There are even people in family's who have no resemblance and yet, are related by blood.

I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge; the nightmare I built my own world to escape.

--Evanescence

#25 2007-12-31 19:21:59

Siverwolf

Generally from the therians I've known there seems to be many similarities.  It may or may not be as obvious to just anyone.

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

Board footer