#51 2008-01-05 17:32:05

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Physical Therian topics

Yah, it's what happens at 13.

#52 2008-01-05 17:45:10

the-animal666

lol claws? well i know a vampire with claws, and my other freind (whos a werewolf) has REALLY sharp claws. (he got into a fight once and rended all the flesh off the guys neck.) but apparently once when i was playing rugby, my eyes went red. and blazing red (apparently, i cant see my eyes lol) (oh and rugby is kinda like american football, only with shinguards and thats it, ((for people who dont know what rugby is)) )

animal by name animal by nature, and i love it!
im back from the dead! ;D
go to deviant art and search for 'lordofpencil' you will not be disappointed

#53 2008-01-05 18:43:25

the-animal666

okay...what about the lack of sleep and growling whenever i get angry? (or sometimes i just growl...its fun =]) and ive been told i growl alot in my sleep

oh yeah, and proof of invulnerability...or extreme luck...i once punched through a window and only got one small cut that healed very quickly

Last edited by the-animal666 (2008-01-05 19:14:19)

#54 2008-01-05 19:46:52

Wolfy

O_O  I once had to get 3 stitches because I punched through a window.  As I said, I have a short fuze, heh heh.  Anyway, I've never heard about anyone's eyes going red, unless you count getting bloodshot as turning red.  Lack of sleep is a normal teenager type thing though, you'd probably be surprized how many of your classmates have similar things going on.  Although, even if it's more than just puberty I'm sure you're not physically changing into a wolf.

#55 2008-01-05 20:01:46

the-animal666

lol, i know im not changing into a wolf, im a born werewolf, so im "mutating" (i like that word) into therian. so far i look like sabertooth from the movies.

it was reaaly cool, because if my contrasting blue eyes i looked like a demon

#56 2008-01-05 22:40:39

WolfVanZandt
Website

And don't count the quick healing as an unqualified blessing. It's good for keeping infection down but, as you get older, it translates into more inflammations (which is, basically, your body loosing track of what's you and what's an invader and attacking you instead). At one of the SEHowls, we had 8 attendants and 4 were shooting insulin - meaning that they had developed adult onset diabetes, which is an inflammatory disorder.

If you have quick healing as a teenager, you'd best be making sure you know how to deal with autoimmune disorders as an adult because there's a good chance you'll be seeing them.

#57 2008-01-06 07:22:14

the-animal666

#58 2008-01-06 12:49:17

Wolfy

Isn't there stuff you can do though to prevent getting diabetes as an adult if you know you might be predisposed to get it?  I mean, couldn't taking very careful consideration of your diet help you?

#59 2008-01-06 13:21:50

the-animal666

again...

#60 2008-01-06 14:28:18

WolfVanZandt
Website

Diet isn't necessarily the answer early on. You should be concerned about your diet anyway but not fixated on it. The best way to prevent health problems as you get older is simply to maintain good health as you grow older. Eating a variety of foods and getting enough exercise and rest are some of the things you can do. Learn to enjoy life - stress is a killer and it throws the body way out of balance and aggravates inflammatory problems.

Also, know what works for you when you get an inflammation. Inflammations are cyclic and feed off themselves. For instance, if you have bronchitis, you cough which irritates your lungs more which makes you cough more and so on. If you stop the cycle early, you don't have the problem. So you load up on an anti-inflammatory until the problem is gone. Different anti-inflammatories work differently for different people. You have to find the one that works for you - aspirin, Advil, Motrin, etc.

The key is to stay healthy and, if you develop a health problem, take care of it as soon as possible. The longer you let an inflammation go, the more it's going to move around. If it moves to your heart, you may end up (like me) with congestive heart disease when you get older. If it moves to your pancreas, then you may develop diabetes.

Many Werewolves  can live in horrendous environmental conditions - eat things that would kill a horse - put up with all kinds of filth - but we pay by having to pay attention to what our own bodies are doing to us and understand how to take care of those problems.

#61 2008-01-06 14:44:39

the-animal666

...im 13 and have no idea what you are talking about...sorry lol

#62 2009-06-16 00:06:15

Yozhe Volf

ok im experiencing the same thing as the-animal666 but ive gone through puberty (i just turned 17) and it isn't the summer heat.  maybe it is just the Therian Puberty.

The bluntest wolf ya'll ever meet.

Board footer