The Werewolf Caf The Werewolf Caf

You are not logged in.

#76 2008-06-09 23:50:08

Goldie

Re: Scotophobia

ah ha ha ha, the plot thickens. lol

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#77 2008-06-11 14:57:29

dirtdiver

dude, im just a new member of this site and read your story... so far im impresed to what ive read. is there by any chance that you have published your stories? and where can i get copies? im trying to cath up reading you writings... and im starting to be a fan....

#78 2008-06-11 19:28:44

wolfsongx

dirtdiver wrote:

dude, im just a new member of this site and read your story... so far im impresed to what ive read. is there by any chance that you have published your stories? and where can i get copies? im trying to cath up reading you writings... and im starting to be a fan....

WOW!  That is the first time I can remember someone asking if I had been published.  Unfortunately no, other than a poem that I wrote in high school, I've never been published.  I may try to publish this story, once it is complete or when I think I have enough to submit for publication.  Thank you for reading and I hope that you will continue too.  You just made my afternoon.  smile

Last edited by wolfsongx (2008-06-11 19:29:41)

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#79 2008-06-30 11:12:58

wolfsongx

Ok, so the move in is nearly complete, and as promised more story.  I'm anxious to know what you all think.  Thanks so much for your patience and understanding in this rather trying time for me.  Enjoy all!

Scotophobia Part 15

Riverstone could feel the beating of Julian's heart; he could see his chest rise and fall slightly as he breathed.  He and the others had been trying to awaken him for several minuets by licking and nuzzling him, but his little body remained motionless.  Riverstone and the other wolves didn't know why Julian had passed out, but they couldn't be concerned with the why at the moment; their first priority was to get him back to the farmhouse.  The autumn days light was fading quickly, and it didn't appear that Julian was going to come around for the trip back.

Riverstone laid down and the other wolves lifted Julian onto his back.  His body didn't even stir or twitch when their fangs caressed his soft flesh to lift him up.  Once they had him on Riverstone's back, they began making their way back to the farmhouse.  With Julian's limp body on his back, Riverstone wasn't able to run as swiftly as normal; he did his best to keep a brisk pace up.  He allowed everyone else to go ahead of him.  Riverstone's mind was troubled, he thought to himself, “I wonder if he is just scared?  I saw him attack the hare with full force, but afterwards he seemed to fearful of what he had done.”

As they moved through the forest, Riverstone felt Julian's body stir.  Julian groaned and began to awaken.  He started to open his eyes, his vision still blurry in the dimming light.  Julian realized that he was Riverstone's back and reached up and grabbed his fur.  Riverstone felt Julian climb up into a sturdy riding position and he began to run at full speed.  Just as the last rays of light were sinking below the horizon, Julian and Riverstone crossed the threshold of the forest.  Riverstone stopped for a moment to catch his breath.  Both he and Julian were exhausted and starving.  They turned themselves toward the soft amber glow of the farmhouse and began trotting in that direction.

Miles away a train pulled into the local depot.  Angry and disgruntled passengers filed out of the passenger cars on their way.  One young woman was among them who seemed unperturbed at the long delays and the rough ride.

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#80 2008-07-01 00:15:51

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Wonderful addition, wolfsong!
  I really like how much sympathy you instill into Riverstone. It seems to me he has the makings of a beta, if you were too incorporate wolf pack characteristics into this pack. I also liked how you included the final note on the arrival of a certain distraught female in pilgrimage to the farmhouse, seeking her missing offspring. It adds anticipation for the reader, and keeps us hanging on for the next installment. Very nice!

I think I may have caught a technical anomaly or two in the third paragraph, and moving the first sentence of the third paragraph to the end of the second paragraph would keep the topics of the paragraphs consistent - if you wanted to do that, I mean.

Anyway, bring on some more when you can, Wolfsong! You're doing a great job with this story!

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#81 2008-07-01 11:42:16

wolfsongx

Thanks Grayle.  I am always grateful for your input.  smile

#82 2008-07-05 23:43:06

wolfsongx

Here is more:
Part 16
She made her way along the platform at the depot.  Though she had been awake for nearly thirty hours, she didn't feel tired.  She looked about for a moment, trying to refresh her memory.  It had been so long since she had last seen this depot, this town, her family home.  Little had changed from what she remembered, but still Elizabeth found it difficult to acclimate to these surroundings.  Maybe she was more tired than she thought.  Maybe she had been in the city for far to long, or maybe it was something else. 

She shook her head to try and clear the cobwebs out and look for her ride.  He must have gotten antsy waiting for so long.  The train had so many delays due to an accident that had to be cleared from the track and mechanical failure on the engine just as it picked her up.  For a moment a thought crossed her mind that while it was possible for these things to occur, it was highly unlikely that they would happen all at once.  She pondered this and began to have an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach.  She dismissed the feeling as mere hunger and decided to look outside for her ride and possibly get a bite to eat.

She exited the station and looked about the modest town square, still lit by old fashioned gas lights.  She took a deep breath and looked around.  Not a soul to be seen at this hour.  She walked to the street and found the old pickup truck.  “He's still here.  I wonder where he could be?”  Elizabeth decided to walk a block up to the old diner and grab a snack to quell the feeling in her stomach.  The closer she got to the diner, the more it felt as if she was being watched.  This unsettled her quite a bit and she picked up her pace.  She didn't make a run for it, she didn't want to provoke whatever it was that was watching her, she just wanted to get to the diner. 

After a few moments, she saw the old diner, looking red beneath it's old red neon sign.  By the time she entered the diner she was out of breath.  She stepped inside and was immediately hit by the aroma of cigar smoke and burnt meat.  The make her cough a few times, which drew attention of most people in the diner.  After a few moments of awkward starring the other patrons returned to their half eaten meals and hot coffee.  Elizabeth looked and saw a familiar figure in the back booth, sipping on a soda.  Elizabeth made her way to the person and sat down in the booth.  “It's been a while hasn't it bro?”

Bart replied, “To long sister.”  He smiled a toothy grin at her.

#83 2008-07-06 10:16:08

Goldie

oh boy, i can't wait till the next installment. Wolfsong, you sure know what your doing here. smile

yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#84 2008-07-07 11:04:00

wolfsongx

Gee, thanks Goldie!  smile

#85 2008-07-07 14:01:11

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Very nice depiction of her desperation, Wolfsong. The unseen eyes upon her also adds a little bit of tension, but not too much. of course, the reader wonders if it was Bart watching her or someone else, and It's certain we'll find out later on.

Terrific continuation, Wolfsong! Keep it up!

#86 2008-07-07 21:39:33

wolfsongx

I will do my best buddy.  Thank you.  smile

#87 2008-07-19 00:36:14

wolfsongx

Part 17, enjoy everyone!

The old truck scooted along the dark highway.  It was an overcast night so the only light to been seen was the old headlights of the truck, which cast a sickly yellow color on everything it touched.  Elizabeth felt uneasy, ever since they left the diner she still felt that something was watching her; something just beyond the boarder where the light held back the darkness.  As the left the town and began down the highway, the feeling only intensified.  She began to fidget nervously as the truck sped on through the enveloping night.

“You alright sis,” Bart asked.

Elizabeth nodded and mustered a small smile.  Bart returned the smile with one of his own and returned his gaze to the road, awash with the sickly yellow light.

Suddenly, Bart made a sharp right turn, the tires on the truck squealed at bit and the truck began to bounce uncontrollable.  At first she wondered what Bart had done but then she remembered; that was the turn off from the main road.  The family farm was well off the beaten path.  It was an old country dirt road, the type that was impossible to traverse when wet.  Memories from long ago suddenly stole Elizabeth's attention.  She remembered the rainy spring days, and how inviting the road looked for a mud fight.  Her and the other children would sneak out and romp and slide in the mud, caking it all over themselves and having fun.  As the memories played out in her mind she began to remember something else from those happy days of yesteryear.  Something that had been buried with time, stress and the doings of day to day. 

She thought to herself as they continued up the road, “It was large, no wait.  They were large, and hairy, but what were they.  We didn't keep dogs on the farm growing up.  Then what were they?”  Elizabeth's mind snapped back to reality when the truck stopped.

“We're here, “ Bart said.

#88 2008-07-19 01:42:32

Goldie

ah, ha ha ha, nice ending, now i must read more, or i shall lose my very sanity. lol jk ^_^

#89 2008-07-19 12:18:24

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Nice Job, Wolfsong!

I liked your descriptions of the lights on the road, and also the dirt road. It was very easy to picture them in my mind. It was also interesting to read that the feeling of unseen eyes upon her persisted, even after leaving the town behind.
  I also really like how you are having her memory not rush in on her, but gradually return. It may not be as dramatic, but in my opinion it's more realistic.

I did find a couple of places where a change in punctuation might better suit the sentence involved, but it's not a big concern. The story of the segment is strong and well-told, and the descriptions therein are even better.
  Great going, Wolfsong! Keep it up!

Last edited by Grayle (2008-07-21 11:08:33)

#90 2008-07-19 21:51:06

wolfsongx

Goldie, Grayle, thanks so much for you kind words and input.  I'm not sure why but punctuation never feels right to me, even when it's grammatically correct.  Oh well c'est la vie.  smile

#91 2008-07-26 16:24:05

wolfsongx

Part 18.

Elizabeth was dumbfounded for a moment.  She didn't respond to Bart until he placed his hand on her shoulder and shook her gently. 

“Oh, sorry.”  Elizabeth said.

Bart replied, “It's ok, were here.”

Elizabeth looked to the house, she could see a soft amber light coming from the parlor, she inhaled a wisp of air in her nose and caught the scent of burning wood.  Bart opened his door and retrieved her bag from the bed of the truck and walked to her door.  Elizabeth was feeling lost, her memories seemed incomplete.  As if parts of it were suppressed or simply forgotten.  She tried to force herself to remember what the creatures were.  She remembered that whatever they were, she had been close to them, as did all the members of their family.  Elizabeth wondered, if she was so close to them, why had she forgotten them?  She heard a click and realized that Bart had opened her door.

She looked to him, and began to feel a growing apprehension inside her.  She was afraid that she had forgotten her own family.  She could remember her brother, her mother, and of course her son, but what of the others there.  She exited the truck and took her bag from Bart and shut the door.  Bart could feel her concern, and he took her by the hand and looked deeply in her eyes.  For a moment Elizabeth thought that she saw something in his eyes.  Something more to him than what she remembered. 

The two siblings walked toward the old farmhouse, the dirt driveway muffling their footsteps as they reached the front lawn.  As she got closer to the house her mind drifted and she began to remember more.  Some of the missing parts of her memory began to return to her.  She remembered why she had wanted to leave with Frank, and what her mother had warned her of.  She had warned her that staying away for to long would make her miserable; being away from where she needed to be would lead her into a life of mediocrity, and eventually she would forget what true happiness was.  A tear ran down her face.

They walked across the lawn, the amber light growing stronger the closer they got to the front porch.

#92 2008-07-27 00:37:38

Goldie

aw man, i wish it went on longer, it really had me following every word, thanks wolfsong. ^_^

#93 2008-07-28 17:08:15

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Very nice internal musings here, Wolfsong. I agree with Goldie that this whole segment draws the reader in, helping us understand Elizabeth's realization that she had forgotten what was lost, and how she was no only remembering it, but perhaps finding it all over again. Without explicitly saying it, you describe Elizabeth's coming home as more than a physical action, but a mental and emotional one as well.
Very well-written!

#94 2008-08-01 22:53:27

wolfsongx

Thanks Goldie and Grayle.  I hope you guys like the next part.  smile

Part 19

Agatha heard the cantankerous roar of the old truck as it pulled into the dirt drive; she walked to the front door to greet Bart and Elizabeth.  Agatha was so excited to see Elizabeth again; she stood at the front door waiting to hear the familiar creek of the porch steps.  She stood there, waiting for what felt like an eternity; her anticipation growing with every passing second.  She wanted to tell Elizabeth so many things.  She wanted to apologize for taking Julian the way she did; she wanted to tell Elizabeth that she had missed and worried over her.

Agatha was lost in a world of her own thoughts when suddenly she heard the creek of the porch steps; Agatha drew in a breath and flung open the door.  This startled Elizabeth and Bart slightly.  Elizabeth and Agatha looked at each other in the soft fire light.  They saw how the other had changed over the past few years, and how unkind the years had been to both of them.  Not a word was exchanged between them, they simply stood there. 

Suddenly, Elizabeth lunged forward with her arms outstretched.  All Agatha could do was open her arms and stand there.  Mother and daughter embraced one another in a tight hug; their heads resting on each other's shoulders, and tears pouring from their eyes.  The two of them had so many things to say to each other, but neither of them wanted to let go and ruin the moment.  They wanted nothing more than to hold each other.  The only sounds were the pop and crackle of the fireplace, and a gently sobbing coming from betwixt the two of them.

#95 2008-08-02 15:46:45

Goldie

ah, what a lovely scene. smile mother and daughter reunited.

#96 2008-08-02 17:37:17

werer
Sniffer
Website

awww, *wipes tears from eyes* it's so happy! I really like how it's turning out.

There's a method to my madness, and a madness to my method.
When you feel your skin startin' to itch, and your senses start to reel, it's werewolf time!
*Sniff sniff* I smell art! big_smile

#97 2008-08-02 22:33:31

wolfsongx

Thank you Goldie, and thank you werer.  I'm glad you liked it.

#98 2008-08-03 13:26:24

Goldie

Please give us our fix *twitch* tongue i think your story has become something of an addiction for me.

#99 2008-08-03 13:35:40

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Very nice reunion, Wolfsong!

Especially considering the bitter departure involving Frank, this is a wonderful inclusion to take things the other way - and well placed within the story, I might add. It will be interesting to see what other memories surface for Elizabeth, and also how she deals with her son being a lycanthrope, let alone her family.

Keep it coming, Wolfsong!

#100 2008-08-03 21:43:23

wolfsongx

Don't worry Goldie, the Candyman is working on your next fix.  lol  And thank you Grayle.  I'm glad you like this section also.  I'm not quite sure how I'll have her reaction on that little fact though.

Board footer