The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#101 2008-08-04 01:54:20

LoneWolfVIII

Re: Scotophobia

Hey WolfSong i've just started reading your thread & story parts

it's 6:40am here at the moment waiting for my cooker to be delivered i myself have just moved into an new apartment

Anyways back on topic i'm really tired but this story has kept me awake! i really like the way you have describe whats happening & your use of metaphors!

Keep up the good work please keep me updated!

LoneWolfVIII

#102 2008-08-04 11:18:43

wolfsongx

Many thanks LoneWolfVIII.  I'm glad my story kept you awake.  I'm working on the next section and should have it ready soon.  I hope.

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#103 2008-08-04 18:09:27

werer
Sniffer
Website

*twitch* yes please.

There's a method to my madness, and a madness to my method.
When you feel your skin startin' to itch, and your senses start to reel, it's werewolf time!
*Sniff sniff* I smell art! big_smile

#104 2008-08-09 01:04:24

wolfsongx

Hehe, well here it is part 20.  I hope you enjoy!  smile

Bart looked at his mother and sister as they stood there, holding each other; his own eyes began to water and finally he wrapped his strong arms around them and squeezed them in a tight hug.  The three of them stood there and held each other, not wanting to let go and have the moment end, but a wisp of cold autumn night air blew around them.  The air seemed to cut through them to the bone.  They released each other from their embrace and retreated to the warmth and safety of the farmhouse.

Just beyond the boarder where light halted the advance of darkness, a set of eyes watched the events unfold.  As Elizabeth and the others went inside the entity moved to the adjacent window and peered into the parlor.  A grimace formed on the entity's face as it gazed into the fire light, and saw the display of affection between the three people in the room.  The love, the joy, the sense of forgiveness that they were displaying sickened the being and made it shudder.  Finally it could take no more, it turned from the window and made its retreat back to the forest.

A few hours later, morning sun light began to peer over the horizon.  It bathed the forest in its bright morning light and then it enveloped the farmhouse.  The firelight grew dim as the wood gave its last to the flame.  Elizabeth was laying down with her head on Agatha's lap, soundly sleeping.  Agatha petting her soft blue gray fur.

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#105 2008-08-09 02:01:46

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Mysterious intrigue, Wolfsong - I can't help but wonder the identity of the entity, and the source of it's jealousy. It's also very interesting that none of the lycanthropic family members did not detect the entity; very interesting indeed.

And the last sentence really catches my attention! Wow! I can't wait for the next post!

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#106 2008-08-09 10:10:58

Goldie

ooooo, nice. I'm eagerly awaiting your next installment. ^_^

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#107 2008-08-09 23:41:48

wolfsongx

Thanks so much Grayle and Goldie.  I'm glad you liked it.  I knew the last line would turn some heads.  big_smile

#108 2008-08-12 12:17:52

wolfsongx

Part 21:
Elizabeth's head was spinning.  More memories were surfacing in her mind and she felt so confused.  If her body hadn't been so tired she would have been kicking her legs in her sleep.  Suddenly she heard a voice, one that she recognized as familiar but she still couldn't place the voice.  It was a deep baritone voice, one that would command respect from anyone it was speaking to.  That was not the case here.  As she listened to the voice it gave off a gentle and melodic tone.

A flash of light filled her mind and she found herself outside.  It appeared to be a hot summer afternoon, with the sun high overhead.  Its heat beating down upon her as she began to perspire.  She looked and saw, on the front porch of the farmhouse, two figures.

One appeared to be a small girl, maybe about six or seven.  The other form was a large man.  He seemed to tower over the little girl.  His large and developed muscles tensing and relaxing unintentionally.  Elizabeth started intently at them and began to hear what they were saying to one another.

“But daddy, why?  I like being that way.â€

The large man replied with the same gentle tone that Elizabeth had heard before.  “Sweet heart, you are still too young.  You have to learn control.  If you don't learn control now, you will loose yourself later on.â€

The little girl huffed, and stomped her feet.  Her face began to pout.  The large man wrapped his huge muscular arms around her in a loving hug.  The pout on her face fell away into a grin, which became a full smile as she rubbed her cheek against the man's hairy arms. 

The scene melted away as Elizabeth began to rejoin the waking world.  She felt something strange, that she was not quite herself, but somehow more whole.

#109 2008-08-12 12:44:06

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

It kinda fits that he surfacing of deeper, more clear memories would coincide with her transformation. Very cool!

I just noticed something rather unique about your story. I think this is the first TF reference in the whole thing; however, it happened during her sleep. That's actually very unique, and yet it doesn't deter from the story at all. I like that a lot.

Even so, it's going to be very interesting to see how Elizabeth feels when she realizes what she is, and also how Julian reacts when he sees him mother in a different form.

Keep it coming, Wolfsong!

#110 2008-08-12 13:35:44

Goldie

ya, keep this wagon train a-moven. tongue

yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#111 2008-08-13 11:02:38

wolfsongx

Thanks you guys.  I'm glad you are enjoying this as much as I am.  smile

#112 2008-08-20 11:56:12

wolfsongx

Part 22:  Enjoy!
Elizabeth rolled over and opened her eyes fully.  She saw the face of her mother, smiling at her.  Elizabeth felt strange, she didn't realize what had happened to her as she slept.  She arose from her spot on the couch and glanced at a mirror hanging on the wall.  She starred intently at the image the mirror produced.  She rushed to the mirror and pressed her wet wolf nose against it and looked deeply into her eyes.  Agatha walked up next to her and petted her daughter.  Elizabeth turned and embraces her mother as tears began to flow from her eyes.  Agatha wrapped her arms around her large torso as best she could and said, “Now, you truly are home.â€

Elizabeth released her mother from her embrace and spoke in a low growl, “Julian?â€

Agatha replied, “He's asleep upstairs.  Go to him, he has been waiting for you.â€

Elizabeth nodded and began to move silently up the stairs.  In this form colors were more vibrant; smells were more intense and sounds were much more defined; it was incredible.  She sniffed the air in the hallway and located Julian's scent.  His sweet and innocent scent; it thrilled her to know he was here.  She moved to the door where the scent was coming from and slowly opened it.

Inside the room she saw Julian.  His little body on the bed surrounded by wolf kin.  She watched intently as his chest rose and fell with his breath, a large tear formed in her right eye.  Slowly the tear caressed her fuzzy cheek as it fell, wetting the fur once more.

Last edited by wolfsongx (2008-08-20 11:59:51)

#113 2008-08-20 15:20:15

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Extremely touching scene, Wolfsong. It was very well described, too. I found a bit of obscure irony in that she recognized herself in the mirror, regardless of form. I don't know if anyone else caught it, but I thought it was cute.

In later drafts you could go into more detail about her sudden realizations in her wolf form with processing sensory input. It's a perfect opportunity, but take it only if you want to. I was also thinking that you could mention something about how, when picking up Julian's scent, she realized that she often identified Julian's presence by scent even when living with Frank - but again, only if you think something like that would work.

Nevertheless your ability at creating such a heartwarming scene cannot be denied in the slightest. Very nicely done, Wolfsong!

#114 2008-08-20 21:25:10

wolfsongx

I may just add that Grayle, I think it's a really good idea.  And thank you for your wonderful comments.  You and your work have been a bit of inspiration to me.  smile

#115 2008-08-26 12:30:37

wolfsongx

Part 23:  Mother and Son.  smile

Julian was at peace; he was so comfortable on the bed with the wolf kin around him.  His little body was still, except for the rise and fall of his chest, and the occasional twitch of his nose.  Elizabeth stood at the doorway, watching him intently, waiting for him to awaken.  She wanted him to hurry and wake up so she could wrap her arms around him, squeeze him to her bosom, and lavish kisses on him.  As she stood there waiting with bated breath she noticed the morning sun, peaking out from behind the thick curtains that covered the window.

She looked back to Julian, his body hadn't moved an inch yet.  She thought to herself, “He must have been tired.  What has he been doing?† Suddenly she could no longer wait to hold him in her arms.  She crept across the floor, carefully stepping past the wolf kin that lay sleeping on the floor.  After a few well placed steps she had made it to the bed; Elizabeth reached down and carefully picked up Julian's body.

She cradled his body in her arms; Elizabeth notice how much he had grown.  She was astonished at how much bigger he was than when she last saw him.  She pulled his head to her chest, her soft fur caressing his body.  She took her paw and ran it down his back, the pads feeling his bare flesh.  A soft whimper escaped her muzzle.

Julian felt like he was wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket.  His exposed flesh loved the sensation.  Slowly his senses came to him.  His nose twitched and he took a couple of quick sniffs.  He then rubbed his face against the soft fur of his mother and snuggled close to her body.  Then from his mouth, Julian softly said, “Mommy.â€

Last edited by wolfsongx (2008-08-26 12:32:38)

#116 2008-08-26 14:42:35

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Very nicely done, Wolfsong - you're describing the instinctive love, protection, and caring of the mother and the innocent love and acceptance of the child very well, to the point of bringing tears to the eyes of the reader, in fact. Very nicely done!
  And I really loved how Julian simply melted into his mother's arms regardless of her form, as well.

Keep it coming, Wolfsong! Great Job!

#117 2008-08-26 17:22:49

werer
Sniffer
Website

This is really good, it's really heartwarming, I love every addition you add to this as it's always a beautiful movement from one part to the next.

There's a method to my madness, and a madness to my method.
When you feel your skin startin' to itch, and your senses start to reel, it's werewolf time!
*Sniff sniff* I smell art! big_smile

#118 2008-08-26 20:05:12

Goldie

Awwwwww, That was beautiful. smile

#119 2008-08-26 21:45:53

wolfsongx

Thanks you everyone.  I'm glad you all enjoyed it.  smile

#120 2008-09-10 11:02:12

wolfsongx

Here is a short addition:  Part 24

Bart released a satisfying exhale.  "Mom, that was the best breakfast," he said.  Agatha smiled at him as she finished her plate.  All the family was inside the kitchen of the farmhouse, both human and wolf alike. 

Julian sat next to his mother, now back in her human form, and hugged her arm.  Elizabeth smiled and patted him on his head.  Julian felt like hanging on forever, when he felt something tug at his shirt.  Julian looked down and saw Riverstone; a piece of Julian's shirt tale in his maw.  Riverstone looked at Julian and wagged his tail and tugged again on his shirt.  Julian looked to his mother and asked, "Mommy can I go play?"  Elizabeth was concerned about letting Julian out of her sight.  She looked at Riverstone; Riverstone starred back at her.  They looked deeply into each others eyes; Elizabeth thought she heard a voice.

"I will guard him with my life, I promise you."

She shook her head and looked back at Julian.  "Ok sweetie, just don't wander too far."

Last edited by wolfsongx (2008-09-10 11:03:23)

#121 2008-09-10 15:50:16

Goldie

*^_^* that was nice, i like the way Riverstone shows how much he cares for the family, but he seems to be more like an uncle or cousin. what a caring and loving family. smile

#122 2008-09-10 23:43:23

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Goldie makes a good point - you've mastered the loving family by far.

I also liked how you hinted at telepathy for the lycanthropes. It hasn't really been done much, and it's a logical bridge if some of the family can't shift. You've really got a winner here, Wolfsong.

Keep it coming!

#123 2008-09-11 11:26:12

wolfsongx

Many thanks Goldie and Grayle.  I always love it when you enjoy my writing.  smile

#124 2008-09-12 01:47:12

Nightstalker

OMG OMG OMG! I love this story, I'm hooked entirely on it.
There's just something about a gentle, soft, loving and caring family that just pulls at the heart strings.
I so look forward to the next installment. Nice job! smile

"Her anger, the aggression, those eyes... It's so lethal..."
"She is rapaz, first & foremost, remember that, especially when you come face to face with her"

#125 2008-09-12 23:58:14

wolfsongx

Thank you Nightstalker, I'm really glad you like it.  I hope to have the next installment soon.

Board footer