The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-12 12:38:50

the-animal666

jobs

what jobs are therians/lycans likely to have?

ill go first, im trying to get into the police, i feel using my abilities to help innocent people is rewarding =]

animal by name animal by nature, and i love it!
im back from the dead! ;D
go to deviant art and search for 'lordofpencil' you will not be disappointed

#2 2008-01-12 12:58:49

The Busboy
Administrator

Re: jobs

Nice job!

#3 2008-01-12 13:10:04

the-animal666

lol thanx. im probably not going to make it tho, im crap at maths. =[

ah well, i can always be a comic artist or vigilante! lol

#4 2008-01-12 13:19:45

Maverick-Werewolf
The Last Samurai Werewolf
Website

Heh. Personally I use my senses to more vividly describe things in the novel(s) I'm planning to write (and the one I'm writing right now)...
I'm currently writing my first book in a VERY LONG (at least 11, if not 12, books) series set in a fantasy world I've created. The first novel is titled The Legend of the Five: The Tribes of War. It's primarily about werewolves, but its fantasy style is High Fantasy... and, as some people call it, Dark Fantasy (fantasy that includes things like werewolves and vampires - though vampires exist in this world, they aren't really mentioned much at all in the main series itself, werewolves are the star there). So I guess it's Dark High Fantasy. tongue

I hope to be a writer, an actress, a film director, a film writer (script and screenplay), and an artist.
I have big dreams. tongue

Last edited by Maverick-Werewolf (2008-01-12 13:24:43)

- Maverick-Werewolf

#5 2008-01-12 13:23:04

the-animal666

lol thats good, it means you have options if something goes wrong, i can tell that you are creavtive no?

i never get a story finished. my mind switches too often so i get bored and start ba new one. plus drawings more fun than writing i think. (especially when its a guy with incredible strength smashing stuff)

but no, im going to be a police man and hopefully die in "battle" then i get to go to vallhalla! =/\/\=

#6 2008-01-12 13:27:16

Maverick-Werewolf
Website

Well, I like to consider myself creative... I have ideas for well over 20 books already and I'm only 14 years old... tongue

- Maverick-Werewolf

#7 2008-01-12 13:30:44

the-animal666

lol kl, im 13 and i have a new comic universe lol (and a few book ideas, but they probably wont get done/ be turned into comic books) lol

id buy ur books if i knew ud wrote em lol =] wats ur best idea? i promise i wont steal it =]

#8 2008-01-12 13:37:31

Maverick-Werewolf
Website

I dunno what my best idea is... my favorite ideas are all of the various ideas I have my fantasy world, probably, though. My favorite idea is probably, quite simply, the ideas I have behind the main character of the series (a man named Thomas Vincent Mitchell - though he always calls himself Tom).
In the series, the titular characters are actually the Five, who are the 'lords of the werewolves,' sort of the ultimate Alphas of all werewolves everywhere, whether they accept it or not. No one knows who or what they truly are - no werewolves are immortal... but the Five are. They remain largely a mystery to every mortal.
And Tom soon finds out that he has some sort of connection to werewolves - and that the Five are hunting him.

In the first book, in the midst of a war between his home (the Imperial city of Illikon) and some barbaric tribes from the North (in particular the Frostraven Tribe), Tom must avoid the Five at all costs, and he must figure out why the werewolves want him...

There are tons of ideas I have for that series that are probably my favorite ideas I've ever had, but I can't tell anybody about 'em 'cause it'd spoil the series, you see. tongue

- Maverick-Werewolf

#9 2008-01-12 13:43:48

the-animal666

lol kl, okay i understand =]

#10 2008-01-12 14:13:33

Wolfy

the-animal666 wrote:

lol thanx. im probably not going to make it tho, im crap at maths. =[

ah well, i can always be a comic artist or vigilante! lol

Why wouldn't you make it?  You don't need to be a math wiz to be a cop.  A lot of places really want you to have a college degree now though, so I definately recommend trying hard in school at least for that.  A good thing to do would be to go to your local police station and ask to set up a time to do a ride along with one of your local cops.  They'll be able to tell you all about their job and how they went about joining the police force.

#11 2008-01-12 14:25:08

the-animal666

i try my best, atmin i manage a b-c grade at best

#12 2008-01-12 14:28:33

WolfVanZandt
Website

I don't think there are Werewolf-specific jobs. Just considering the werewolves I know (not counting the werecats and werecoyotes and werebears and so forth) there is a pharmacy student, a paramedic, a nurse, a retired cop, a radiologist, an architect, a graphic designer, a computer tech, a couple of biologists, a mechanic - and there are a bunch that I don't know what they do. Oh, yeah, and I'm a vocational evaluator.

#13 2008-01-12 14:31:35

the-animal666

i wasnt asking about werewolf specific jobs, just werewolf jobs in common

kl...erm...whats a vocational evaluator?

#14 2008-01-12 23:31:01

Sentinel

the-animal666 wrote:

what jobs are therians/lycans likely to have?

ill go first, im trying to get into the police, i feel using my abilities to help innocent people is rewarding =]

Typical U.S. police standards revolve around a scored written test, a scored or pass/fail behavioral test, and a  pass/fail physical fitness test. This is followed by a psychiatric evaluation, interviews, background checks, and a polygraph.

Written test are generalized intelligence, reasoning, and vocational tests, and sometimes writing. Additional points are typically given for various criteria such as military experience, degrees, paramedic/EMT training, multilingual education,  or a variety of other abilities.

In all reality, most of the testing is a joke. Anyone reasonably intelligent can pass, and the physical standards are lax and can be reached with at best a  month of solid training. What disqualifies most people are lying then later admitting to it, or having some problem in their background.

Of course, there are always other ways to get in, like a recommendation from the deputy director of the FBI to go to the extremes.

In all reality, there are much better ways to help people in any fashion. Being an officer is more of a regular job in which your happen to help others. Likewise, standard police tend to form their own culture that is exclusionary, making it hard for them to relate.

#15 2008-01-13 00:12:48

WolfVanZandt
Website

I help people find jobs......(heh). No, actually, I test people (usually with disabilities) to help them explore where their occupational interests, strengths, and weaknesses lie.

You did mention one thing, though. Therians seem to tend to be altruistic. As grouchy as they might be when they're talking, the ones I've known in person can't resist helping somebody that looks like they're having problems.

Another - there are a lot of Therians in computer related and medical jobs.

Y'know, I think a physically shifting Werewolf (and I'm fantasizing here) that kept control would make a great police dog.

#16 2008-01-13 08:44:59

the-animal666

WolfVanZandt wrote:

You did mention one thing, though. Therians seem to tend to be altruistic. As grouchy as they might be when they're talking, the ones I've known in person can't resist helping somebody that looks like they're having problems.

thats probably because people who are werewolves are usually so resilient to not want to become the movie stereotype and want to be like superheroes or something (i know, im one of them lol)

#17 2008-01-13 13:09:08

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Don't forget an astronomer.

Synchronicity

#18 2008-01-14 00:29:53

Sentinel

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I am that way. Interesting. That is something worth looking into. I wonder, I see the world differently from most, and am frequently angered by what I see and the blindness around me. My rage is swift, frequent, and immense. However, I am the first to forgive transgressions from those who seek it, I try to help others regardless of my feelings abut them, and can easily put personal vendetta aside. I will help anyone who asks in earnest.

My question is do others feel the same way, or at least more commonly than normal people? It may be that our lot in life is not simply to have an animalistic side, but to truly see the world differently from a sociological standpoint.

WVZ, you seem to have more experience with this than most; may we have your thoughts?

#19 2008-01-14 01:31:10

WolfVanZandt
Website

That's part of what I think. I don't think it's necessarily conscious in us though - I think it's hardwired. I don't think we really have a choice.

#20 2008-01-14 10:35:03

Sentinel

WolfVanZandt wrote:

That's part of what I think. I don't think it's necessarily conscious in us though - I think it's hardwired. I don't think we really have a choice.

That is precisely what I was talking about.

#21 2008-01-14 11:28:42

Maverick-Werewolf
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Wow. I'm exactly like that, too.

- Maverick-Werewolf

#22 2008-01-14 12:11:34

the-animal666

its part of nature, human and wolf to protect each other. its in every wolf pack and human group. even water bison (i think) protect the weaker in the middle and fend off the attacker (usually lions or wolves lol)

#23 2008-01-15 05:37:51

theroadwolf
4star general
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I help people find jobs......(heh). No, actually, I test people (usually with disabilities) to help them explore where their occupational interests, strengths, and weaknesses lie.

Another - there are a lot of Therians in computer related and medical jobs.

Y'know, I think a physically shifting Werewolf (and I'm fantasizing here) that kept control would make a great police dog.

too bad i live in oz or you might be able to help me get a job

and  i would think a werewolf in the military(i.e. marines or special ops) would be a great asset

Last edited by theroadwolf (2008-01-15 05:39:42)

#24 2008-02-01 19:34:37

the-animal666

ive decided im going to screw being a policeman/cop, i dont like people, so im going to be a full time comic artist/regular artist

#25 2008-02-01 19:40:54

Wolfy

the-animal666 wrote:

ive decided im going to screw being a policeman/cop, i dont like people, so im going to be a full time comic artist/regular artist

LOL!  Well, if you don't like people then that's probably a good idea.  Anyway, you can still even help people through your art anyway if you want to but want to do it in a less up front way.

Board footer