The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2008-01-25 01:24:36

ArcLight
Website

Re: American Werewolf on History Channel's MonsterQuest

So I'm telling a girl at work about the show (because we were bored and talking 'bout all sorts of junk) and she tells me about the time within the last year that she was driving to her parents house late one night after work - around 2AM since we're second shift - and she sees a big hairy *something* near the road. She wanted to stop and go back to check it out but she had her sister with her who saw it too and she wouldn't let her stop the car.

I plan on having her circle the spot on a map and so I can start taking late-night drives when I'm bored.  smile

(oh...thought the Monster Quest show was interesting too)

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#27 2008-01-25 13:24:54

WritingWulf

OH NO! I MISSED IT! Y-Y...why?

#28 2008-01-25 15:43:02

metalbeast

I Missed It Too

#29 2008-01-25 18:07:18

wolfsongx

I taped it, it was very intresting.

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#30 2008-01-25 22:04:58

WolfMontana

It's on again on Feb 3rd at 7pm folks - don't worry.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#31 2008-01-26 14:52:21

RedStreak

Saw about 20 minutes of it during my work break; we have TVs in break rooms.  Looked intruiging although I wish the 'witnesses' were more intelligent. roll

"Let the trails lead where they may, I will follow"
-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#32 2008-01-29 11:59:35

DeweyWolfyn
Website

Sorry I didn't realize there was already a forum for this and started another one. How do I delete it, Busboy?

This is basically wat I said after seeing the show:

Monster Quest American Werewolves Wisconsin & MichiganOkay, not too bad///but not too good either.  And not too much about Michigan.  I wonder if anyone notice the long-silver-haired guys eyes after his encounter.  The beast by the tree and he made eye contact for several long seconds.  I thought his eyes looked, I don't know, like he'd seen more than he wanted to.  Kind of aged.  probably just me.

Everyone passed thier lie detector tests with flying colors.  An amazing ratio of 100 percent.  It was mostly centered around the Bray Road incidents. The older couple and the gray haired hippy guy really impressed me the most.

A good watch if you can catch it. They'll repeat it several times When they show an ep they repeat it at 2am. If you havve dvr or a tape deck keep an eye out.

I don' eat nobody  ceptin' dose animals dat wants eatin'. Gators, chickens, nutria, muskrat, lizards, snakes....So don't be 'fraid of little Dewey, no. I just a puppy dog in a wolf suit.

#33 2008-02-10 19:47:23

metalbeast

I Saw Most Of It When It Aired Again , I Also Taped It

#34 2008-06-04 22:03:45

Amarok

MONSTER QUEST Season One is out on DVD, complete with the "American Werewolf."  When I see a show like this, I mentally compare it with what I know of the subject, and I'm fresh from Linda Godfrey's books on the Bray Road Beast.

Minor thing: the narrator said the wolfy-thing was known in Wisconsin as the Dog-Man.  IIRC, that's the name of a critter known in Michigan folklore, long before Bray Road hit the headlines.

Wish they'd shown more cgi wolfiness, but there's something to be said to leaving "it" in the shadows.  Oddly, the most blatantly wolf-like creature shown in the episode (the one that jumped off the bridge) was described and drawn by the witnesses (David and Mary Pagliaroni) as a classic Sasquatch.

Viewers might also have been misled by the recreation of Marv Kirschnik's sighting.  On the show they depicted the "werewolf behind the fallen tree" as being right in front of a thick, shaggy, wind-stirred mass of foliage; the werewolf, though a different color, was hard to make out.  People might think Kirschnik "picked out" an image from the greenery.  His own drawing shows that the beast (and the fallen tree) were out in the middle of an empty meadow, with nothing behind it.

When interviewed, Kirschnik was wearing a T-shirt that read "I survived the Bray Road Beast" or something to that effect.  In their recreation of the sighting, Kirschnik is driving along -- and he's wearing the same T-shirt, before he sees the Beast.  Wow!  He must have been psychic! smile

Not that I'm knocking MONSTER QUEST; these are just quibbles.  There was one show I saw, years ago (I forget which; ENCOUNTERS or SIGHTINGS or some such) -- Every statement -- literally everything they said about the history of the Bigfoot/Sasquatch phenomenon was dead wrong!

Anyway, MONSTER QUEST Season One contains episodes on Nessie, Giant Birds, Giant Squid, "Mutant Canines", assorted Sasquatch and Yeti types, and the "real Hobbit."  Well worth $23.95 at Best Buy.  (End commercial).

"No, no, go not to Lethe, neither twist Wolf's-bane, tight-rooted. for its poisonous wine." -- Keats, "Ode to Melancholy"

#35 2008-06-06 10:57:01

WolfMontana

Very cool smile I missed the Werewolf episode twice, and while I hate reenactments I'm curious to see what they have to say. I did catch the Mutant Dog episode though, that was interesting.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#36 2009-10-01 11:31:52

ArcLight
Website

"MonsterQuest: Movie Monsters" is out on DVD now.

It has four episodes including American Werewolf. (also Jaws In Illinois, Swamp Stalker and Vampires in America).

And it's fairly cheap if all you really want is the one episode:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ … omsales-20

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

Board footer