The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#76 2007-09-14 13:09:41

WereWolfH

Re: Best/worst Werewolf moviesyouve seen

I liked teh werewolf in Full Eclipse

never saw Wolf Man I'm assuming the 1950s movie???

how's Are You Afraid of the Dark's werewolves'? the costumes on tha show for monsters are usually good.

How is Fright Club??? I'm thinki'n about rentin' it

Last edited by WereWolfH (2007-09-14 22:44:16)

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#77 2007-09-14 22:45:12

WolfMontana

I saw the Tales from the Crypt episode 'Werewolf Concerto' smile That was fun.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#78 2007-09-26 00:02:14

WereWolfH

Okay, i just saw Goosebumps "Werewolf of Fever Swamp" and that's definitely a top on my list. Excellent costume (though it looked more Party City mask than werewolf) but it was cool. Great storyline. I'm definitely buying it!

#79 2007-10-22 04:18:14

Wolfy Snackrib

I'd say the worst werewolf movie I have ever seen is Romasanta.

The best werewolf movie I've seen is probably Wolf, it didn't have any cool werewolf effects but it had one thing that all other werewolf movies lacks, the heart in the right place.

♠ Hail the inner beast ♠

#80 2007-10-22 11:26:44

SoulScream
Website

Best? Dog Soldiers. Worst? ....Well for me it's toss-up between Van Helsing and "I was a teenage werewolf" (You know, the one MST3K ridiculed)

#81 2007-10-23 20:07:32

CatWolf4891

Wolfy Snackrib wrote:

The best werewolf movie I've seen is probably Wolf, it didn't have any cool werewolf effects but it had one thing that all other werewolf movies lacks, the heart in the right place.

Sorry if I didn't get it right off the bat, but you mean that the werewolves in that film could be either good or bad depending on the personality of the person?

The Full Moon to humans is just a rock; The Full Moon to me is a symbol of freedom and release
A Howl to humans scare them; A Howl to me is a harmonious song...
And I Howl back.
I am SUCH the Romantic big_smile   Awwoooooooooo!

#82 2007-10-25 12:12:13

WereWolfH

okay "Nature of the Beast" is definitely up there as a good werewolf movie. The mask/costume is sorta like Goosebumps but those are really good costumes. Well the bad dude i didn't like his legs. Tooooooo skinny and CG like.

#83 2007-11-04 23:17:01

PucksGryn
Website

Well, there'sno way I can try to pick my fav Werewolf movie, there's so many aspects of different  werewolf movies that I like and aspects I don't like. I take it upon myself to watch every were movie I come acrossed even the ones I know are going to be bad, I can't help it I love werewolves too much lol. But for sentimental reasons I'd have to say that "Silver Bullet" and "The Howling" are among my favs even "The Howling 3" cuz I at least thought it was funny. I tend to like the werewolf films from the 80's because I feel that they tried harder to scare movie goers back in those days. I'm very much a fan of the "Guy in a suit" type of werewolves (the mosterous type not the "wolf man" type cuz personally I think the wolfman looks like a shih tzu) and I'm not a big fan of CG weres unless executed well.

Pretty much my other favs have been mentioned alot so there's no need to do it more. However though "Cursed" was cheesy I didn't hate it, if they would have relayed more on the werewolf suit instead of the not well done CG I think the movie would have been better especially if you watch the unrated version. "Underwold: Evolution I enjoyed because the backstory was something I wanted to see, and although Micheal was still pretty much a blue vamp with claws, I'm glad that they atleast gave him a more pronounced muzzle in the sequal.

Now on to the bad werewolf movies, I'm not going to list alot cuz most have already been mentioned time and time again but off the top of head the worst one that I can think of has without a doubt (to me) got to be " The beast must die" I mean come on, the werewolf in that was a german shepherd lol. "Wolfen" is a close second I just have never liked it. Others include "the beast of Bray road" and one that I'm pretty sure was called "The Feeding". Also I'm not sure if this qualifies as a werewolf movie an old movie called "Mongrel" if featured a guy who got bite by a dog and then starts killing people the movie was very confusing and didn't go anywhere. I know there's alot more bad were movies out there but I haven't gotten aroung to seeing them lol. Oh I also hated "Project Metalbeast" lol well that's all I can think of that's worth mentioning for now.

Last edited by PucksGryn (2007-11-04 23:24:27)

"Save A horse, Ride a Fat Boy!"

My Art and my MySpace

#84 2007-11-16 15:43:34

metalbeast

Good Werewolf Movies I Have Seen Are , .....THE WOLF MAN, MOON OF THE WOLF , An American Werewolf In London , DOG SOLDIERS , DARKWOLF , WOLFMAN , THE MAD MONSTER , FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN , HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN , TOMB OF THE WEREWOLF , FRANKENSTEIN'S BLOODY TERROR , THE WEREWOLF VS. THE VAMPIRE WOMAN , BIG BAD WOLF , ....And Recently I Saw EYES OF THE WEREWOLF Wich Was Really Good ........Last Night I Saw A Few Good Ones........I Saw KIBAKICHI....It's A Japanese Film About A Samurai Werewolf , And I Saw HOUSE OF DRACULA , Both Were Very Good Movies! , ..............................................Onto The Bad Now , The Absolute Worst  I Have Seen So Far Are UNDERWORLD , And The New BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE Both Of These Were Terrible! , ...................Movies That Weren't Too Bad But I Wouldn't Watch Them Again Are CURSED , And NATURE OF THE BEAST

#85 2007-12-29 22:27:33

WereWolfH

has anyoen seen "The Werewolf Reborn"? it's kinda good. basically they made a movie with extensions of Thriller (sorta at least the mask. nah more of a monster squad mask) b/c he's a werewolf and the lighting effects, but overall good movie. It was enjoyable. I think they got tips from the origianl "Wolfman" movie too, but just updated it some. check it out though. lovvvveeeddd the opening. the cg effect was sorta Wolfman old school.

#86 2008-01-07 22:57:56

metalbeast

I Saw THE WEREWOLF REBORN A Long Time Ago , I Thought It Was Great! , I've Been Searching For It On DVD But Have Not Found It Yet , ..............................Some Werewolf Movies I Saw Recently That Weren't Too Bad  Were ... ROMASANTA , And WEREWOLF : The Devil's Hound

#87 2008-01-11 16:18:15

Black Wolf

The Best

1. An American Werewolf in London
2. The Howling
3. Dog Soldiers
4. The Company of Wolves
5. Ginger Snaps
6. Wolfen

The Worst

1. Cursed
2. Any Howling Sequel
3. Werewolf: 1996
4. I Was A Teenage Werewolf
5. Too many more to list...

#88 2008-01-11 23:25:28

metalbeast

I Saw Another Werewolf Movie Last Night That I'd Put On My Worst List , I Saw The Movie SKINWALKERS ........It Was REALLY Terrible

#89 2008-01-16 16:10:01

WereWolfH

haha. i think i saw one on the fearnet channel and it was a white dude that was a werewolf and he killed this girl but her head was still alive and she had fangs. The white dude told his black friend to kill him otherwise he'd turn into a wolf and kill him.

i htink it was called Lycan.

#90 2008-01-21 13:30:55

Daninsky
Website

Wolfy Snackrib wrote:

Yep, I liked that.
It's essentially a homage to Universals Wolf Man, though. smile

metalbeast wrote:

I Saw The Movie SKINWALKERS ........It Was REALLY Terrible

Yeah, when I saw that I thought 'Now was that a corny ending or was that a corny ending!'
Apart from being an unbearable slow movie that barely moves anywhere... I really had high hopes when they entered the town in old western style, it could really have been stupid fun that movie.
But no, they had to spoil it all...

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#91 2008-02-05 18:13:24

leighcanthrope

Very hard to say what my favorite and worst werewolf film is. Depends on the mood you're in, I guess... Then again, I love campy B-movies, so some of the 'bad' movies that have been listed here, I actually find quite enjoyable.
Presently I'm the proud owner of about 130 werewolf or werewolf related movies. Ashamed to say I haven't seen them all, yet...

Homo homini lupus est...

#92 2008-02-05 18:21:15

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

i would have to say,the worst werewolf movies i have ever seen are,big bad wolf,the beast of bray road,and bad moon.

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

#93 2008-02-10 20:01:41

metalbeast

Another Movie That Is Pretty Good Is THE FEEDING

#94 2008-02-11 00:46:10

ArcLight
Website

Well, bloodlust. Either you need to see more movies or we have really really different tastes.   smile

If it's the second option, maybe you'd like "Night Shadow" 'cause I just watched it and beyond the unintentionally(?) funny bits, it was pretty much lousy.

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#95 2008-02-17 17:47:04

Shiwolf

Black Wolf wrote:

The Best

1. An American Werewolf in London
2. The Howling
3. Dog Soldiers
4. The Company of Wolves
5. Ginger Snaps
6. Wolfen

The Worst

1. Cursed
2. Any Howling Sequel
3. Werewolf: 1996
4. I Was A Teenage Werewolf
5. Too many more to list...

what was the one with the guy from dawsons creek and the chick from bettlejuice. I for got the name but that was bad too.

I watch how the moon sits in the sky/in the dark night shining with the light from the sun,doesn't give to the moon assuming the moons gonna owe it one.Now the darkness holden me tightly until the sun rises up. Only the strong lead the night.

#96 2008-03-17 21:18:01

metalbeast

I Saw A Pretty Good One Lately Called COLD HEARTS , It Is Really A Vampire Movie , But There Is A Werewolf In It As The Hero , At The End There Is A Fight Between Him And The Leader Of The Vampires

#97 2008-03-18 00:53:30

ArcLight
Website

Saw "Night Shadow" a few weeks back.

Pretty bad....

Cold Hearts sounds like something to check out.

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#98 2008-04-03 14:45:48

Daninsky
Website

Having just watched it I'd now go with Beast of Bray Road for worst Werewolf movie ever.

Last edited by Daninsky (2008-04-03 14:46:15)

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#99 2008-10-24 01:34:44

metalbeast

I Recently Saw A Few More Of Paul Naschy's Werewolf Movies , NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF , And CURSE OF THE DEVIL , Both Movies Were Pretty Good

#100 2008-10-24 04:52:24

WolfMontana

Heh, they're quite entertaining, but sooooooooo sloooooooow. big_smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

Board footer