The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#476 2008-04-17 18:39:06

wolfsongx

Re: Werewolves, please read

I would have thought that it was self explanatory that RP would be in the RP and personal forums and threads like this would be treated with a more serious nature.  But then again that is just my opnion.

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#477 2008-04-17 19:22:37

WritingWulf

*shrug* It's true, its hard to have a serious convo now a days but if yall are looking for a RP go to the "Live Gaming" section, these are convos from people who are serious.

#478 2008-04-17 19:47:26

punxnotdead

Yeah, I really dislike when I come on these sites and people are pretending to be werewolves. They actaully think they are werewolves, but would a real werewolf admit they're a werewolf?...I don't think so.

But the part that bothers me is the way they continuously talk about irrelevant things.

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#479 2008-04-17 22:59:23

WolfMontana

Well, Wolf admits to being a werewolf all the time. He just doesn't run around saying things like "My mother was of the Fianna, and ran off with dad, a crazy-ass Wendigo, about 15 moons ago from last Wednesday"

Or.. something like that.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#480 2008-04-18 00:48:05

punxnotdead

WolfMontana wrote:

Well, Wolf admits to being a werewolf all the time. He just doesn't run around saying things like "My mother was of the Fianna, and ran off with dad, a crazy-ass Wendigo, about 15 moons ago from last Wednesday"

Yeah...

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#481 2008-04-18 02:32:30

WolfVanZandt
Website

And it's according to what a Werewolf actually is....most Werewolves don't claim that a person can transform into something else. In fact, claiming it without evidence on most major Therian sites can get you expelled rather quickly. There is certainly reason to believe that there were people who considered themselves Werewolves in the Early Middle Ages and before but I can't find any first hand accounts of anyone transforming - just people several times removed. The ones in the later Middle Ages were obviously mentally ill. In other words, Modern werewolves can't p-shift.....but neither could the original Werewolves. That's not primarily what makes a Werewolf a Werewolf.

#482 2008-04-19 08:48:11

Fuzzball
Website

A few nights ago I was watching a late night/early morning television program about monsters, and lycanthropy was called a disease. sad

We are all animals, my lady.  Most are to afraid to see it!
Darkness, from Legend

#483 2008-04-19 09:15:42

werer
Sniffer
Website

that's why Silver was suspected to  be the cure. It kills bacteria and germs

There's a method to my madness, and a madness to my method.
When you feel your skin startin' to itch, and your senses start to reel, it's werewolf time!
*Sniff sniff* I smell art! big_smile

#484 2008-04-19 09:27:25

Howlitzer
Website

yeah...fuzzball, I believe by Lycanthropy being a disease, they were probably referring to the more extreme, documented cases of "clinical Lycanthropy" as a type of mental illness, where the person in question:

-legitemately believes they can transform into a wolf/other animal
-exibits animal behavior when they think they've transformed
-might be a legitimate danger to themselves or others when they are in this animal state.

So yes, that use of the word "Lycanthropy" refers to something that could legitimately be classified as a mental illness...particularly when violent behavior is associated with it.

honestly, if someone believes they physically transform into a wolf/werewolf, then goes on a violent rampage while they are 100% convinced that they actually *have* transformed into an animal...there is no reason to say that that person is NOT mentally ill.

Whereas the more spiritual use of the term, I wouldn't classify that as a mental illness.

#485 2008-04-19 11:50:33

WolfVanZandt
Website

That's one reason many Therians favor therianthropy to lycanthropy. Psychologists would generally go for "zooanthropy" for the generalized form of "lycanthropy".

I suspect that many clinical lycanthropes are actually therianthropes with other problems. There are not many of us around in comparison to the larger human population but there are still plenty enough to have a lot of variety. I know of three Therians who also have schizophrenia. Since the only Therians that psychologists ever see have mental illnesses (since they wouldn't be at the clinic if they didn't), I would be surprised if they didn't think that therianthropy was a disease.

#486 2008-04-23 10:52:13

WolfeVC

Zage_the_winged_werewolf wrote:

werewolf552 wrote:

Cause I'm not a werewolf and there arent any wolves nearby sad

I could bite you, but then, you might turn into something like me. & I wouldn't want that.

lol ya we wouldnt want any more people like you running around! (jk)

What the sence make??!!

(Join the clan) fhqwhgas@yahoo.com

#487 2008-04-23 10:54:02

WolfeVC

punxnotdead wrote:

Yeah, I really dislike when I come on these sites and people are pretending to be werewolves. They actaully think they are werewolves, but would a real werewolf admit they're a werewolf?...I don't think so.

But the part that bothers me is the way they continuously talk about irrelevant things.

Well what do we have to hide on the internet? If we say we are a were-wolf then what is anyone going to do about it? Think about it man.

What the sence make??!!

(Join the clan) fhqwhgas@yahoo.com

#488 2008-04-23 21:23:41

lykos

Just found this forum i'm a white lycan

The moon is ever beautiful
And the moon is ever strong
Especially the moon of December 
Which makes me feel at home

#489 2008-04-24 10:29:22

Fuzzball
Website

White fur?

Darkness, from Legend

#490 2008-04-24 21:20:08

lykos

yeah sorta

The moon is ever beautiful
And the moon is ever strong
Especially the moon of December 
Which makes me feel at home

#491 2008-05-03 11:45:24

Midnight Hunter

lykos
U are the second were that i have met besides me that has white fur.
I was born were and so was my dad. Me and my sister are third generation pure born. And for those of you out there who don't believe..
Don't walk out your door when you here us calling.

Really the shite.!!

#492 2008-05-05 19:21:01

Fuzzball
Website

And what about those who do?

Darkness, from Legend

#493 2008-05-05 20:09:07

Blue_Barker

WolfMontana wrote:

Yes I agree with WolfMontana. Anyone that is a real werewolf would not openly say it. But then like what WolfeVC said "what is anyone gonna do about it?" and with the juxtaposition of what punxnotdead said about "no one taking forums seriously anymore" it makes a whole new ball game. Hypothetically, to say that one is a werewolf on a site and to just release some built up frustrations that one has about not being able to tell the truth to the people around him/her; and that werewolf posts that he/she is a P-shifting werewolf. The seriousness that you are a werewolf and no one will believe you over the net is just a victory for the werewolf, even if his account is banned. One can easily make a new email account and start all over again. Its that simple. What you all are denying is the possibility of physically shifting werewolves actually existing! This is all hypothetical, but I assume you can understand where I am coming from. Expect the unexpected, and do not simply deny the existence of something just because you, yourself, do not understand.

"Expect the Unexpected"

"...How do you feel about me? About what I am? Could you still be my friend? Could you still trust me?" (Lint 209) - "Wolf Moon"

#494 2008-05-16 02:50:23

WolfVanZandt
Website

Uh, Montana didn't say that a Werewolf wouldn't openly admit it.

I'm a Werewolf and it didn't "happen to me". I was born that way.

#495 2008-05-16 11:40:41

WritingWulf

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Uh, Montana didn't say that a Werewolf wouldn't openly admit it.

I'm a Werewolf and it didn't "happen to me". I was born that way.

I think she is using the definition of a physical changing werewolf.

#496 2008-05-16 18:59:02

WolfMontana

I was actually being a little sarcastic and trying to say that Wolf is not roleplaying here.

#497 2008-05-17 01:31:48

Fuzzball
Website

On the internet, we essentially have to take people at their word.  I mean, if I were to have come on here claiming to be the transpecies triathlete 150-year-old great-grandfather of the Earl of Gloucester, who could really and truly prove me wrong?

Darkness, from Legend

#498 2008-05-17 20:44:02

WolfMontana

Fuzzball wrote:

On the internet, we essentially have to take people at their word.  I mean, if I were to have come on here claiming to be the transpecies triathlete 150-year-old great-grandfather of the Earl of Gloucester, who could really and truly prove me wrong?

*slaps down her Authentic Transpecies Triathlete 150-year-old great-grandfather of the Earl of Gloucester certificate! (TM)*

AhhHA! big_smile Impostor! wink

Last edited by WolfMontana (2008-05-17 20:44:33)

#499 2009-01-09 18:06:01

WerewolfLeaAnn

Hey, I was born a werewolf ,had always dreamed as one, and I tend to act and think 'wolfish' there you go...

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#500 2009-03-20 23:28:26

TheCursed

werewolf552 wrote:

Hey, just wondering, who all here is a werewolf? And if so, how did it happen to you smile

/me is just getting into this stuff..

Well, I'm not sure how you can become one...all I know is that I was born a werewolf, its in my blood, and its one of the reasons why my family left Scotland.

Olly The Cursed

Board footer