Wolf Sparrow
Smiley face
Website

Re: Werewolves, please read

aaron-t-wolf wrote:

LOL me born and bread. so is my son smile

*bows* Good day to you stranger..
I am the rare.. Werewolf/weretiger/dragon hybrid... Almost feel like Zage lol

hehe sorry.. *smiles* My name is Wolf Sparrow... a pleasure to meet you big_smile

May your soul get what it wants... and there for not be consumed by human greed..
Life is what you make off it and life is what makes you keep going.. untill your soul becomes renewed... by living day... for day.. and making it better for everyone around you..
Storm

#177 2006-09-22 21:38:17

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, if I'm right, if you are a Werewolf, you were born that way.

#178 2006-09-22 22:29:39

Wolf Sparrow
Smiley face
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Well, if I'm right, if you are a Werewolf, you were born that way.

And do tell me how do you know if you are born a werewolf?? tongue
how do you know you are? tongue

May your soul get what it wants... and there for not be consumed by human greed..
Life is what you make off it and life is what makes you keep going.. untill your soul becomes renewed... by living day... for day.. and making it better for everyone around you..
Storm

#179 2006-09-23 20:31:10

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, the fact that you identify yourself as a nonhuman creature is sorta a strong hint, and I don't mean you wake up one day and say, "I'll be a bat." I mean you've always considered yourself nonhuman and you begin to see youself as a specific kind of nonhuman. "See" as when you look at yourself in the mirror, your brain says, "Wolf."

There has actually been a brain imaging study done  shows that clinical lycanthropes have the same mody morphology "problems" that anorexics have.

This "phantom body" effect varies among Therians but the self identification is there in all of them.

When I say, "I'm a Wolf," I mean a lot more than, "I've decided sometime in my past that I'm going to start imulating wolves" or that I have a wolf totem or any such allegorical thing. I mean that in some deep, significant, substantive way, I am a wolf.

#180 2006-09-23 22:11:37

Wolf Sparrow
Smiley face
Website

*bows* Thank you Wolf.. *smiles* Well i know that i am diffrent and i allways been diffrent... from all the kids..
hehe.. well well wink so be it big_smile

Storm

#181 2006-10-02 23:50:22

wolfsoldier
Website

hey everyone. im just wondering how someone such as myself becomes a werewolf. basically ive had strong feelings to wolves and nature. also sometimes in my dreams i feel like a wof running thru fields and the woods but still retaining some of my human form.

If you bring forth what is within you,
what you will bring forth will save you.
If you do not bring forth what is within you,
what you do not bring forth will destroy you.

#182 2006-10-03 21:16:04

WolfVanZandt
Website

We're getting more and more evidence (there's actually quite a lot of case reports) that Therianthropy is psychoneurological (which is notto say that it has no spiritualbasis). If that's right, I'm afraid there's no way to become a Werewolf. You're either born there or not. I suspectthat there are ways to simulate it but.......why would a noWere want to?

#183 2006-10-03 23:06:51

WolfMontana

Because alot of folks who want to be werewolves wanna actually physically turn into a wolf or hybrid man-wolf ala the movies. They're not thinking of turning into a 'therian'. wink

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#184 2006-10-03 23:41:41

Vargr

One thing I always feel is missing in the 'am I a werewolf?' threads I've read and been involved in over the last 10 years is that it is okay to just really like wolves, or other animals (not cats tongue) and to want to be like a wolf. Often times members of the were/therian community come off as holier than thou in their explainations of how and what it means to be a werewolf. Personally, I really like the description that someone did on Wikipedia,  they did a good overall job.

I don't think being a werewolf is better than being into wolves, for example, and wanting to help wolves, respecting the wilderness, learning ways to emulate wolves, etc. These behavioral traits, rather than psychological traits, are positives that should be reinforced by the community more often than they are. After all, actions speak louder than words and the positive aspects of the behavioral traits are available to anyone, without all of the mysticism and romanticism surrounding the werewolf mythology. Spending any amount of time in a wild animal rescue operation is one good way to practice all of these things, and you'll see that regular people can still be special.

Of course truly believing you are a werewolf may make it easier to act in this way, as it is hard for me to seperate my actions from my beliefs. But like all beliefs it comes down to more faith and actions than anything scientifically testable. Change 'werewolf' for 'gay' and you can see what I mean. This same conversation can be had in either community, and in much the same way it is left to the reader to determine for themselves.

"My wolf-blood runs high, Every night that the moon shows her face in the sky."
Julia Ecklar, A Wolfrider's Reflection - Songs of Elfquest, "Cutter: Tam‘s Song"

#185 2006-10-04 01:46:16

WolfVanZandt
Website

You're right, Vargr. People are at their best, in my opinion, when they are being what they are. If they're a human trying to be a Werewolf, then they're ignoring their inate gifts of humaness. A Therian that's afraid to be different negates their gifts of THerianess.

The reason that many Therians come off as holier than thou (they're actually being territorial - what would you expect from a Werewolf  smile  ) is that when someone talks about being a Werewolf in a way that makes it a mere personal choice of lifestyle, it trivializes their life experiences. There are people that were born "that way". They had no choose - it's hardwired into them. It's their essential nature. If anybody can be a Werewolf just by wanting to bad enough, where does that leave them? They would have to be something else. Of course, if they made up a new word to describe them (like Therian) people would start trying to usurp that label.

Fortunately, Therians that get uptight about labels are in the minority and just about all of them are on the Internet. The reason for that is that the need for formal labels sorta disappears in face-to-face interaction. The only place we really need labels is on a word-rich media like the Internet.

#186 2006-10-04 09:58:32

Wolf Sparrow
Smiley face
Website

*Smiles* Wow that wiki was really something to read smile hehehe

Storm

#187 2006-10-04 20:44:13

WolfVanZandt
Website

Actually, the Wikipedia has several Therian related articles.

#188 2006-10-04 23:05:14

Wolf Sparrow
Smiley face
Website

*smiles* Cool cool

Storm

#189 2006-11-07 23:21:07

Siverwolf

I've always felt I was a "werewolf".   I don't know why?  I've always been confused about how I am and the way other people were and why I have to do things that others do when in school or a work.  I never felt I fit in and I still don't but I seem to adjust well when told to do stuff.

I feel much better now since I understand that what I believe I am is a Therianthrope/ lcanthrope or werewolf.
I feel more conformed to my true self now that I understand it better.  Therianthropy seems to relate a lot to every aspect of my personality and being and answers a lot of questions I have had on my mind for years.

My first word that came out of my mouth when I was a toddler was "dog"! 
Yes, I liked dogs. 
What's a dog?
I must be a dog like the other.
I can understand them better.  He, He.

I hate it when strange people come in my neck of the woods.  I will groowwlll at them and show my teeth but they think it's funny!  I'm not being funny.  I'm really mad.  Go away!!!

Noo Dad, I don't want to go to the doctor.  If they take x-rays or something they might think I am alien!  From another world.

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#190 2006-11-08 14:17:04

Fuzzball
Website

One of my stepfather's nephews spoke Dog when he was a baby.  Or at least he tried to.  He "woofed" at his family's canine.

We are all animals, my lady.  Most are to afraid to see it!
Darkness, from Legend

#191 2006-11-11 22:06:30

Siverwolf

Oh..     What was he trying to say?        hmm

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#192 2006-11-12 00:40:02

Howlitzer
Website

probably asking "Why the heck do you chase your tail?"

#193 2006-11-12 04:46:52

WolfVanZandt
Website

That's the "problem" with empathic language. Youput it in print and it doesn't mean much. "Woof" means ..... well, "Woof.

If you read "Awoooooooo" you think "There's a wolf." If a mainstreamer heard it they might think, "There's a wolf over on that ridge and he sounds sad," butthey would be wong. A Wolf Therian might here it and get part of the truth, "There's a wolf on that ridge and he's okay." Another wolf would hear more, "There's another wolf on that ridge and he's okay but he's not of my pack." A wolf from his pack would know most of the message,"My packmate is on that ridge and things are okay but he hasn't found game and he's continuing to the other side of the mountain so he probably won't be back tomorrow."

You can't put the inflections, rhythm, context, harmonics, etc. in print.

#194 2006-11-12 23:04:21

Siverwolf

That's like my cell phone.  I often change the call sound ringtone depending on the season and time of the year or whatever I feel like hearing.
I had recently got a wolf howling ringtone that I liked and when someone calls me I hear a wolf's howl and wimper on my belt. 
Heh, when I get a call everyone looks at me bewildered!  They get scared or something.  This morning some people told me it was scary or creepy and I should of had that ringtone around Halloween.
I told them it's just a wolf howl, what's wronge with that?  I'm just getting a call....

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#195 2006-11-24 14:54:57

Lena

I always felt very wolflike in my life and dreams.  When my g/f and me played the White Wolf game I always liked that this spoke to me and my feelings but chaffed under the limits the game places on you.

Many times I dream about running in the steppes of my home (Russia) and have woken up outside and had to sneak home cause I lost my clothes.

To be alive and feeling the wind in my fur.  This is freedom and life.

#196 2006-12-07 00:11:33

Rogue_Wyldrider
Website

I'm a were by old blood, I'm one of the last of the Hasine (hash-sine) Clan, Roughly translates into Gaias children, or dark one. but my hoast (the one who owns the body i'm in) was bitten by her feeance. both he and his past life (thats what i am in a not realy sort of way) are Windigo werewolves. wounderfuly long life story I have... I should realy finish writing that down... oh well.

its realy cool though becaus i have been finding out more and more about my past as time gos on. sometimes i wake up from a dream screaming with the smell and feal of blood all over me. but its so natural. i feel guilt but like I've acoplished something. the wew natur has been vastly skewed by hollywood.

I just relised that was verey randome and made no sinc, I'm sorry

Tasi kona
( to Redimption)
Rogue Wyldrider
mate to Chaos Wyldrider
adoptive mother to Tallon

Rogue Wyldrider
Mate to Chaos Wyldrider
Adoptive Mother to Tallon

#197 2006-12-07 15:48:49

Fuzzball
Website

Mmmm...how can someone own your body?

Darkness, from Legend

#198 2006-12-07 16:17:23

BlackWolfDS
The Fur-Covered Biologist

I think I understand what (he?she?) means.......I think

#199 2006-12-07 17:32:38

Fuzzball
Website

Would/could you explain?

Darkness, from Legend

#200 2006-12-07 18:01:28

nachoboy
The nacho-lovin' lycanthrope

yeah... i'm confused, too...

"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-O-Meal."

DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
check me out at deviantart: djnacho.deviantart.com

Board footer