The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2008-02-20 09:43:15

wolfsongx

Re: wolfsongx tries his paws at art

FenrirVik wrote:

Well just experiment with your own styles or look at other drawings people made that you enjoy.

Ok I will give that a try.  Do you mind it I pratice with that one you did a while ago?

BlueEyesWolf wrote:

wolfsongx wrote:

FenrirVik wrote:

Getting there buddy!
I like the whiskers.

Thank you Vik.  Now if I can learn how to draw hands and feet.
*stokes mustache*

So that's why you didn't do Bubba's paws?

That, and I kinda made the picture too big for the paper.  But hey Bubba is a big fella right?

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#27 2008-02-20 17:52:43

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

No problem, I can draw other ones if you want. I think the one with the wolf on the crucifix is pretty good. WolfSongX what I do is look at my own hand and draw it.

Synchronicity

#28 2008-02-21 08:00:24

BlueEyesWolf

wolfsongx wrote:

FenrirVik wrote:

Well just experiment with your own styles or look at other drawings people made that you enjoy.

Ok I will give that a try.  Do you mind it I pratice with that one you did a while ago?

BlueEyesWolf wrote:

wolfsongx wrote:

Thank you Vik.  Now if I can learn how to draw hands and feet.
*stokes mustache*

That, and I kinda made the picture too big for the paper.  But hey Bubba is a big fella right?

Yep. A fella like Bubba need a bigger paper to draw him totally!

FenrirVik wrote:

No problem, I can draw other ones if you want. I think the one with the wolf on the crucifix is pretty good. WolfSongX what I do is look at my own hand and draw it.

Yep, I do that sometimes too. A mirror is helpful too if you want the right expression on a face.

#29 2008-02-21 12:47:10

wolfsongx

FenrirVik wrote:

Ok I'll give it a try.  I seem to work better with a model anyway.

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#30 2008-02-21 12:49:20

wolfsongx

BlueEyesWolf wrote:

wolfsongx wrote:

FenrirVik wrote:

BlueEyesWolf wrote:

Yep. A fella like Bubba need a bigger paper to draw him totally!

FenrirVik wrote:

Yep, I do that sometimes too. A mirror is helpful too if you want the right expression on a face.

I haven't thought of that.  I should give that a try also.  smile

#31 2008-02-22 09:14:45

BlueEyesWolf

Yep. I have a mirror by my drawing stuff and it helps.

#32 2008-02-22 11:21:53

wolfsongx

Cool.  When I try more original work I will try that trick out.

#33 2008-02-24 04:44:05

BlueEyesWolf

Good to hear that.

#34 2008-02-24 06:11:44

wolfsongx

Ok, I finished the recolor on my last Bubba drawing.  The fur is the right color now.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/secondmasque/BubbaSketch2a.jpg

I was working on another sketch yesterday, but thanks to interference from a usual source I couldn't finish it.  I will work on it some more later.

Last edited by wolfsongx (2008-02-26 14:32:29)

#35 2008-02-24 06:34:30

BlueEyesWolf

Now that's more like it. He look browner this time, wolfsongx.

#36 2008-02-24 13:43:46

The Busboy
Administrator

Cool!

#37 2008-02-24 17:17:59

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Alright I knew you could do it!

Synchronicity

#38 2008-02-25 12:20:36

wolfsongx

Thanks guys.  I hope I can keep this up.  smile

#39 2008-02-26 07:28:20

BlueEyesWolf

Right! Gotta keep on practicing, wolfsongx.

#40 2008-02-26 11:02:24

wolfsongx

Thank you everyone for the encouragement.  That means a lot to me.

#41 2008-02-26 14:31:55

wolfsongx

Ok I started a new one this weekend but I messed it up, made it too big for the paper again.  Oh well, I just did this one a few minuets ago, and I like it.  Comments, suggestions, criticisms? 
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/secondmasque/BubbaSketch3.jpg

#42 2008-02-26 17:07:38

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

You just gotta keep practicing WolfSongX and I found out the secret to real good looking eyes of a wolf one day while looking at wolves I have on a favorite mug. Sometimes things just come to you others take determination which I can see you have plenty of.
As for the picture it looks good to me. I like the way you do those ears. And maybe WolfSongX draw a picture of hands and feet and we could give suggestions?

Synchronicity

#43 2008-02-27 07:14:31

BlueEyesWolf

Looks great to me, wolfsongx.

And for drawing front paws (hands) and hind paws (feet), try drawing your paws as you see them in your mirror so you can see how the paws look to other people who are looking at you.

Also try drawing a rough sketch of the character in pencil so you can see how big he/she is going to be before the coloring.

#44 2008-02-27 10:47:51

wolfsongx

Ok, hands and feet will be the next one then.  I'll try you suggestions Vik and Blue.  Thanks guys!  smile

#45 2008-02-28 07:56:29

BlueEyesWolf

You're welcome, wolfsongx. smile

#46 2008-02-28 17:35:18

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

No prob. We just want you to be the BEST!

Synchronicity

#47 2008-02-28 20:23:24

The Busboy
Administrator

I like it, it's cool.

#48 2008-02-29 10:21:30

RealDealBubba
Website

that's great! You've done the one thing that's tough to do...get a hat to look right ona character's head. It sounds simple...but it's really tough. You've got potential! Now get some books or try an evening class  on art and dynamic figure drawing and you've just started a new phase of life sir!

Also, by the way...could ya put Bubba's overalls back on him? I don't think he'd be happy showin' up in a brand new forum buck nekkid! LOL!

Good job!!!   I'm gonna tell Swamp Thing to watch his back...there's a new sheriff comin' to town! Keep up the good work and never quit!!!

Last edited by RealDealBubba (2008-02-29 10:25:37)

Hey! Somebody EAT that singin' fat lady...'Cause It's ALWAYS Bubba Time!

#49 2008-02-29 12:27:31

wolfsongx

RealDealBubba wrote:

that's great! You've done the one thing that's tough to do...get a hat to look right ona character's head. It sounds simple...but it's really tough. You've got potential! Now get some books or try an evening class  on art and dynamic figure drawing and you've just started a new phase of life sir!

Also, by the way...could ya put Bubba's overalls back on him? I don't think he'd be happy showin' up in a brand new forum buck nekkid! LOL!

Good job!!!   I'm gonna tell Swamp Thing to watch his back...there's a new sheriff comin' to town! Keep up the good work and never quit!!!

ACCCKKKK!  WOW!  HEY!  WOW!  I never thought that you would comment on my work RealDealBubba!  Wow, thank you!  When I saw your post I about fell out of my chair.  lol  Thank you for your encouragement, I really appreciate it.   I may just try some figure drawing classes or books.  Thank you again.  I guess all that is left to do is. . .
BLUSH, BLUSH, BLUSH, BLUSH, BLUSH

#50 2008-02-29 15:03:26

wolfsongx

The Busboy wrote:

I like it, it's cool.

Thanks Busboy!  smile

Board footer