#126 2008-05-13 15:31:14

Greaver
Website

Re: wolfsongx tries his paws at art

that's really good

#127 2008-05-13 15:56:09

ManBeastOfTheNorthEast

Whooooooaaaa Wolf! You never told me you could do that... I just saw this post today and the progression from the first picture to the new one's is amazing!!!! That last one is comic worthy even the last few before that... I'm impressed big time! Keep it up, Bro! You have a gift!

http://world7.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vi … =113123229
^4 and a dewclaw, Baby!
Aaawhroooooo,
Eddie.

#128 2008-05-13 17:19:05

Niktoma
Advocatus Diaboli
Website

Very good!  I'd give a toe to be able to draw like that!

'OK, how about werewolves?' said the voice eventually.
'What do they look like?' asked the kid.
'Ah, well, they look perfectly normal right up to the point where they grow all, like, hair and teeth and giant paws and leap through the window at you,' said the voice.

#129 2008-05-13 18:46:21

The Busboy
Administrator

COOL PICTURE!

#130 2008-05-13 19:23:43

wolfsongx

WOW!  Thanks everyone!  I'm so glad that you are all enjoying this, that makes me smile.  smile

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#131 2008-05-13 21:34:04

SWAMP THING
Website

-hey Wolfsong, awesome pic , but don't worry about the overalls-hell from what I hear ,BUBBA likes to run around aul' naturale most of the time anyways.
     ...don't forget the horseflies!
           ...when I draw him he always has a little audience of flies buzzing about him(BUBBA is not close friends with soap & water wink )

"Get your're stinking paws off me you DAMN DIRTY APE!"

#132 2008-05-13 23:03:35

WolfMontana

Very very cool big_smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#133 2008-05-14 05:07:25

BlueEyesWolf

wolfsongx wrote:

Thanks Blue.  You are right, but I still need more practice.  Here is the same drawing with color.  How's this?
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/secondmasque/BubbaSketch7color.jpg

WOW! Bubba looks very good in color, wolfsongx.

*Clap paws*

#134 2008-05-14 09:45:00

wolfsongx

SWAMP THING wrote:

-hey Wolfsong, awesome pic , but don't worry about the overalls-hell from what I hear ,BUBBA likes to run around aul' naturale most of the time anyways.
     ...don't forget the horseflies!
           ...when I draw him he always has a little audience of flies buzzing about him(BUBBA is not close friends with soap & water wink )

lol  Thanks SwampThing, I appreciate your commenting.  Hmm horse-flies you say.  Ok I'll need to add them to the next one then.  big_smile

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#135 2008-05-14 09:45:26

wolfsongx

WolfMontana wrote:

Very very cool big_smile

Thanks Monty!  smile

#136 2008-05-14 09:46:38

wolfsongx

BlueEyesWolf wrote:

wolfsongx wrote:

Thanks Blue.  You are right, but I still need more practice.  Here is the same drawing with color.  How's this?
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/ … 7color.jpg

WOW! Bubba looks very good in color, wolfsongx.

*Clap paws*

Thanks Blue!  smile *blushes*

#137 2008-05-14 09:49:28

RealDealBubba
Website

Okay...Now we're gettin' somewhere! This is really a step up, pal!  Again, handling a hat or an object that is an affectation or addition to a character that doesn't detract form the image is a tough thing to do! Next time...don't worry about the cigar smoke...that's a later task for after you get the strong figure and character design stuff nailed down and start learning about perspectives and backgrounds.  As for the horsefiles...aw hell..of course Swamp Thing would put those in...he breeds them as pets. He's got the only AKC registered  batch in the lower 48. LOL!!  But yeah...those would be a great addition to give motion and beginning perspective to the picture. They float around to draw the eye to other points in the sketch.

Okay, So when are you gonna start some formal training or at least... look at the Kubert school corospondence courses. Honestly...there is real talent lurking in that picture!! Really big potential, but ya gotta put in the work and get serious!

Try to get two books if you can in the meantime...Wil Eisner's comics and sequential art and Hogarth's dynamic anatomy . you'd be surprised that just learning to know how muscle and  bone structure affect any figure , even creature or anthromrph takes on humans.  The books can be found at amazon or Half price on the web and are they are the 'must have' for anyone doing comic or graphic work. Even in the college writing and storytelling courses I teach...those books are required reading and they always do the trick to making a student hit the road to Pro. 

Okay, class is in recess...now everyone  on the monkey bars! Or maybe everyone go to the bars and act like a monkey. Whatever works. LOL! But seriously...Really good job!!!

Last edited by RealDealBubba (2008-05-14 09:56:03)

Hey! Somebody EAT that singin' fat lady...'Cause It's ALWAYS Bubba Time!

#138 2008-05-14 10:01:44

wolfsongx

WOW!  Really?!  Well, I had thought of formal training.  Is that the art correspondence school that advertises on TV now?  I may look into that.  Meanwhile, I'll log on to Amazon and find those books.  Thanks RealDealBubba!  I am really glad that you liked my piece.  Thanks everyone, your encouragement REALLY means a lot to me.  smile

#139 2008-05-14 18:35:55

punxnotdead

Wow, the colouring looks very nice. I especiall love the wisp of smoke flitting from his cigar! Very nice!

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#140 2008-05-14 19:35:23

werer
Sniffer
Website

I've never had any training in my life, I think it's more about the effort you wish to put in, and the way that you will try to go about it, willpower and thought. I think you have both Wolfsonx

There's a method to my madness, and a madness to my method.
When you feel your skin startin' to itch, and your senses start to reel, it's werewolf time!
*Sniff sniff* I smell art! big_smile

#141 2008-05-14 19:54:03

wolfsongx

punxnotdead wrote:

Wow, the colouring looks very nice. I especiall love the wisp of smoke flitting from his cigar! Very nice!

Thank punx!  smile

werer wrote:

I've never had any training in my life, I think it's more about the effort you wish to put in, and the way that you will try to go about it, willpower and thought. I think you have both Wolfsonx

Do you really think so werer?  Wow, thank you!  smile

#142 2008-05-15 05:43:52

BlueEyesWolf

wolfsongx wrote:

Thanks Blue!  smile *blushes*

lol Now the Cafe has two blushing werewolves! wink

Golly!!! RealDealBubba liked your Bubba art. Nice going, kid!

#143 2008-05-15 14:18:54

RealDealBubba
Website

Well, everyone has good to say and so good will come of it. But just to put a touch to reality...Practice does make perfect...so formal or informal training aside...PRACTICE!  Besides...when you do what you really love...there ain't no work involved...just the joy of accomplishment.

#144 2008-05-15 16:05:36

SWAMP THING
Website

werer wrote:

-hey your not alone there brother, the only art training I ever recieved was regular art class in elementary/high school, and it was more like a second recess period-only had one or two decent art teachers in my young life...most of what I've learned was from books(art and reference/anatomy)..and most importantly; PRACTICE!...PRACTICE!...PRACTICE!
   Patience is also a big part of being an artist...believe me! It can be a very frustrating vocation at times, if not with yourself then at the buisness or lack thereof-just concentrate on your thing and with determination you'll make your mark.
   As far as skills go; it's a matter of interpretation and appreciation;While I personally believe that it's good common sense to have the basic art skills and drive to apply it, the commercial art world has quite often proved otherwise, there are some very gifted artist/illustrators out there that can barely make ends meet while on the other end there are people that can throw a can of house paint on a canvas and turn around and sell it for $10,000,000...it boggles the senses.
    I'm 43 and am still learning my trade, there are still plenty of things I would like to draw better, different mediums that I would like to try(sculpting, film making,-interprative dance wink that is where the patience and determination come in.
   Schools are great...if you can afford them and you have the spare time to attend.
...but in the meantime just work hard on improving your skills ,study the masters(renaissance)both classic and contemporary artists..do not allow yourself to get frustrated and stay true to your "vision".
                                                                    -that's about the only advice I can give on the subject, like to see some of your work, I know Blue Eyes and Wolfsong are talented ,would like to see some of your stuff.
                                                                                                -keep on it, an artist improves him/herself with each advancing creation...
                                                                                        -peace cool

"Get your're stinking paws off me you DAMN DIRTY APE!"

#145 2008-05-16 05:27:17

BlueEyesWolf

SWAMP THING wrote:

I know Blue Eyes and Wolfsong are talented

*Blushs with wolfsongx*

Well, I practiced a lot too and that's how I got my talent and you can do that too, werer.

#146 2008-05-16 10:28:48

werer
Sniffer
Website

RealDealBubba wrote:

Well, everyone has good to say and so good will come of it. But just to put a touch to reality...Practice does make perfect...so formal or informal training aside...PRACTICE!  Besides...when you do what you really love...there ain't no work involved...just the joy of accomplishment.

Though, there are some things that can't be accomplished by practise, i know that much, so we make do with what talents we've got

When you feel your skin startin' to itch, and your senses start to reel, it's werewolf time!

#147 2008-05-16 21:14:29

wolfsongx

I got the Comics and Sequential Art book today.  I'll need to start reading.  big_smile

#148 2008-05-17 13:06:49

RealDealBubba
Website

Okay...Now that's what I call dedication! the book will really amaze you as to what comics require. But it also gives you great ideas on art in general, not to mention writing. Go to it Wolf!!!

Last edited by RealDealBubba (2008-05-19 16:02:13)

#149 2008-05-18 07:50:53

werer
Sniffer
Website

man, i hate being poor

#150 2008-05-21 10:00:18

RealDealBubba
Website

werer, you'd be surprised how fast that can change in life. Hang on, wolf...one never knows how the fortunes of life can change. Hey, I'm an expert on THAT one! LOL! Now if any of you want the books I spoke of...simply try halfprice.com and type in the title or subject. Even international postage is not too bad if you're willing to wait a month or so for it to arrive. I've seen great books on animation, comic, art and writing techniques for like used editions for $1.99 US and easy shipping. I'm a little rusty on my my Aussie postal codes and rates. But I've got a few Aucker type fans down there who could get me the info on the shipping costs for any of you international wolf folks.

Last edited by RealDealBubba (2008-05-21 10:01:23)

Board footer