You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-21 13:05:58

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Gray wolves in Northern Rockies coming off endangered list

Just found this Article:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/02 … index.html

Removing them from the list is one thing, but public hunts?

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#2 2008-02-21 13:15:55

wolfsongx

Re: Gray wolves in Northern Rockies coming off endangered list

I have been reading about that stuff for a while through International Wolf Magazine.  Stuff like this really pisses me off.

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#3 2008-02-21 15:26:24

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

yeah,me as well.

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

#4 2008-02-22 09:41:35

BlueEyesWolf

Me Third.

#5 2008-09-17 02:37:57

WolfMontana

Good news:

In Response to Center Suit, Feds Put Wolf Back on Endangered Species List, Abandon Plan to Kill Hundreds of Wolves in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming

Breaking news! The Bush administration today announced it will abandon its defense of an ill-fated decision to remove the gray wolf in the northern Rockies from the endangered species list, which would allow hundreds of wolves to be killed by hunters and state agencies.

To stop the killings, the Center for Biological Diversity and allies sued the administration, winning a temporary ruling stopping the killing in July. But rather than continue to fight us in court, the administration just announced that it will formally revoke its previous decision and return the wolf to the endangered species list as a fully protected species.

We're ecstatic about the victory -- but our hearts go out to the nearly 100 wolves that were gunned down before we were able to secure the initial legal injunction.

Thanks for your support. This victory could not have been achieved without the help of thousands of Center members who donated their time, money, and voices to save the Northern Rockies' wolves. And thanks to our litigation allies at Earthjustice, NRDC, and Defenders of Wildlife.

(from Center for Biological Diversity)

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#6 2008-09-17 10:03:25

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

I just read your update as I got in to work, and I must say that it looks to be a fabulous day from here on in.  That is absolutely wonderful news to start the day with.

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#7 2008-10-05 03:04:43

punxnotdead

I think it's great news that they decided to refrain from allowing them to be killed. Their populations are still uncertain and that could lead to some inbreeding if hunting was, in fact, permitted.
I've always been a bit on the fence about these issues, but I'm leaning closer on the wolf's side. I don't like to be biased in my opinions because I love wolves so much, but I'll share my philosophy. Some of you may or may not agree with me, so it is more of an opinion than anything else.

I beleive that we should not hunt predatory animlas for the thrill of the kill. I find it to be a waste of our natural resources and disrespect to nature as a whole. Wildlife isn't there so we can kill it merely for fun.

I do believe, however, that hunting predatory animals should be permitted if wolf populations begin to bulge. If their populations become too significant, they'll die anyways from starvation, so I figure that hunting is necessary to keep the populations in balance.
I do not think that predatory animals have alot to provide like herbivores, which provide us meat and fur, so I'm against hunting them for those reasons.
So I'm against hunting wolves for fun, while hunting them to keep the population from growing too large.

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#8 2008-10-29 16:35:19

lupen the wolf

we all have a place in nature, even humans, we just forgot what it is.
We need to find a balance.

ego sum quis ego sum....

#9 2008-10-29 23:54:48

Freddy

lupen the wolf wrote:

we all have a place in nature, even humans, we just forgot what it is.
We need to find a balance.

that's true everything needs balance without it will b screwd

I will always protect the one's I love no matter what

Board footer