The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#526 2010-08-03 21:07:58

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

But here's the rub......although there seems to be a higher frequency of fast healers in the Therian community - that doesn't mean there are none outside the Therian community. It's a trait, but it's not a realiable indicator. You can say that Therians tend to be fast healers, but you can't say that a person is a Therian because they're a fast healer; and you can't say that a person isn't a Therian because they're not a fast healer.

#527 2010-08-04 10:06:22

IndyWolf

I think I am a fast healer... I had a mosquito bite, and it got better in several days. Also, I've noticed that my body tends to absorb all the water after I take a shower. Sometimes, I don't need to dry off, and other times, if I don't dry off, I just absorb the water and it's fine.

And yeah, Zandt... my body tries to eat itself, too... usually when I'm ravenous or in dire need of food... which is 24/7, except immediately after I eat a big meal.

#528 2010-08-04 11:00:58

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

IndyWolf wrote:

I think I am a fast healer... I had a mosquito bite, and it got better in several days.

Takes me weeks

<3

#529 2010-08-04 14:15:00

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

*Pulls out an umbrella.*  Look out guys, looks like we're in the middle of a were-noob storm... *watches the were-noobs fly about the forum before being washed away eventually...*

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#530 2010-08-04 22:08:42

WolfVanZandt
Website

Indy, you're not a Werewolf - you're Sponge-Bob Squarepants

Sorry....I just hadta....

#531 2010-08-05 09:47:06

IndyWolf

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Indy, you're not a Werewolf - you're Sponge-Bob Squarepants

Sorry....I just hadta....

No, don't worry, that comment was well-received! XDDDD Seriously, that was hilarious. I love Spongebob! XD

*Pulls out an umbrella.*  Look out guys, looks like we're in the middle of a were-noob storm... *watches the were-noobs fly about the forum before being washed away eventually...*

Well, I have to learn the ropes somehow. Look on the bright side: At least I'm not Spongebob! big_smile

#532 2010-08-08 21:24:53

WolfVanZandt
Website

Heh, Indy, I like you alreday. Thanks for not being insulted.

smile

#533 2010-08-10 16:53:08

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I loled.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#534 2010-08-15 02:55:31

kloperslegend

Hello, I'm a newbie and I'm just kind of been lurking around the site for a while, trying to figure out what the hell I am.
This seems like the proper forum to ask in, and though I fit some of the 'symptoms' of being a therian, I’m not sure that’s the case.

First to clarify, I do not think I am a wolf therian at all. I suspect, if I am a therian, I am a snow leopard therian.
So, many of the things people suspect are related to therianism (therianthropism?) I also experience often - extreme immune system, odd temperatures, hypervigilance and the like. I've always felt 'feline' and had this odd relationship with cats. I've never met one that was adverse to me. I see them as people, and find it hard to see them as just ‘inferior animals’.
At the zoo I'm always drawn to the snow leopards, and they always look at me when I’m around. At least it seems that way; maybe I'm totally imagining the attention.
I’ve always been strongly linked to cats. However, it was only a few years ago I realized the 'feline' in me was 'snow leopard.' At first I thought it was my totem, but snow leopard didn't act totem-y (from what I've read and heard about traditional and neopagan totemism) so I gave up on that theory.
I'm incredibly independent and somewhat shy and antisocial, and I hate crowds. One other snow leopard therian I read about (the only one I could find, actually [http://akhila.feralscribes.org/guests/rosettes.php]) described what it was like to be a snow leopard therian and I can relate to most of what they said.
When I redid my room, I did the entire thing snow leopard. I sleep very close to the ceiling, as high as I can…
    I am a night owl as well (who isn’t?) and I prefer the cold over the hot.

So that's the 'pros' of the matter I suppose; here's the 'cons.'
I like meat, but I'm not obsessed with it.
I occasionally make a 'purr' ish noise when I'm happy, but other than that no animal-like noises.
Occasionally I like to run on all fours. But it's always on purpose; I've never had an 'out of control' moment with the leopard.
The snow leopard part of me isn’t female. It’s male. And I’m a girl. (Who has massive gender and sexual orientation issues)
Last but not least, leopard is indeed a very spiritually present part of me, but it isn’t always ‘within.’

Let me clarify:
I'm a very spiritually sensitive person. I'm great at sensing ghosts and other-wordly energies as well as other people’s emotions and auras. So, I 'feel' snow leopard. It can be within me, but it can also move about. For me, it’s very much (at least spiritually so) there at all times, unless I send it away (as in, to my girlfriends house because she likes the presence). But genuinely, it feels like me. ‘He’ is me. Like an extension of my arm. It would be emotionally painful for him to be ‘cut off’.

I’ve had some notable experiences with my friend, who is very wolf-ish indeed (Whether or not she's a therian or not, I don't know, but she's always had a spiritual connection with wolves). One of our favorite past-times is to wrestle (it can get pretty violent), and, both understanding the others' 'animal within' we try to imitate and fight utilizing the strategies of that animal... many times during these nightly outings she's gone pale because she claimed she could 'see' the leopard moving with/within me, as a physical aura apparition or something. She described it as a something moving slightly faster than I, but part of me, and white. During these moments I feel more leopard then ever; I have phantom canines, ears and claws, and my senses seem heightened.

Personally, I have no idea what I am. I’ve been seeking a definition for a long while, and finally I’ve landed here. I'm just looking for answers, and this seemed like a safe place to ask. I don't know of anyone else like me. Perhaps I am just a snow-leopard girl with no definition.

Helps? And sorry if this is the wrong place to ask....?

Last edited by kloperslegend (2010-08-15 05:27:05)

"Panthera uncia is windknowledgegracepseedstrengthchangeblurmysterysilence. Cold wind, up from inside of me, bringing snow leopard and everything of my soul and self with it. Blowing everyway, everywhere, everywhen."
-Katsuna, SpottedFur

#535 2010-08-15 13:51:11

ShadowTrail

kloperslegend wrote:

The snow leopard part of me isn’t female. It’s male. And I’m a girl. (Who has massive gender and sexual orientation issues)
Last but not least, leopard is indeed a very spiritually present part of me, but it isn’t always ‘within.’

Let me clarify:
I'm a very spiritually sensitive person. I'm great at sensing ghosts and other-wordly energies as well as other people’s emotions and auras. So, I 'feel' snow leopard. It can be within me, but it can also move about. For me, it’s very much (at least spiritually so) there at all times, unless I send it away (as in, to my girlfriends house because she likes the presence). But genuinely, it feels like me. ‘He’ is me. Like an extension of my arm. It would be emotionally painful for him to be ‘cut off’.

Personally, I have no idea what I am. I’ve been seeking a definition for a long while, and finally I’ve landed here. I'm just looking for answers, and this seemed like a safe place to ask. I don't know of anyone else like me. Perhaps I am just a snow-leopard girl with no definition.

Helps? And sorry if this is the wrong place to ask....?

Sorry there are no easy answers. You could be a therian, but it looks more like outside influence for me (research spirit guide). Therioside cant really *leave you* more then any other part of your personality. Yet your therioside could influence you only during some times, thats called "shift" btw, and for rest of time hide deep within you.

So you must decide if it comes from inside or from outside.
Anyway your post was really delighful and nice to read, so i decide to locate some resoures for you (i have some secret povah that helps me track data/people on the net big_smile )

http://www.spottedfur.absurdism.org/index.html entire page by snow leopard therian

http://community.livejournal.com/animal … tml#cutid1

I hope that helps, even if only a little bit

Last edited by ShadowTrail (2010-08-15 13:57:38)

#536 2010-08-15 17:52:53

kloperslegend

Ah! Thank you so much Shadow Trail!
I'll be sure to look more closely at spirit guides, and read those links you gave me. I'm honestly just hoping to find answers, because I've never met anyone who has had the same experience. Perhaps I never shall.
Thank you for your kindness. :]

"Panthera uncia is windknowledgegracepseedstrengthchangeblurmysterysilence. Cold wind, up from inside of me, bringing snow leopard and everything of my soul and self with it. Blowing everyway, everywhere, everywhen."
-Katsuna, SpottedFur

#537 2010-08-22 13:58:13

WolfVanZandt
Website

I think John Prine's "Dear Abby" should be required lstening for every elementary school student. The relevant passage is:

"....you have no complaint,
You are what you are and you ain't what you ain't..."

#538 2011-08-09 00:34:05

NewWolf

Bro, I'm 15 almost 16 and my life is almost exactly like yours.! I've felt a strong connection towards K9s and have always believed in werewolves and have always wondered if I am one. I just want to kno if I am a therian.! Even if it's just a mental connection, someone please help.

#539 2011-08-09 02:30:06

John Anchondo

Well NewWolf from what I've gathered from being a therian myself is that no one can tell you what you are and what you aren't. Although I personally believe that craving meat has nothing to do with being a therian (most likely just a desire) but if it's something that feels right when you think about being a therian, then you most likely are.

Those who don't understand the past are destined to repeat it.

#540 2011-09-15 06:27:46

Wyrgrey42

I'm new to this site as well, and I'm not sure if I'm therian or not. I always have dreams ('sleep dreams', not daydreams) in which I am the wolf. I like the moon, it's awesome, but I guess that doesn't instantly mean you're therian. When I get pissed, my urge to bark or growl builds up inside. I enjoy howling, it's (alternative) music to my ears. I feel 'very canine' when I'm sad or bored. I don't know why, but when I run or walk at a fast speed people keep telling me that I have bad (running) posture. They say I lean forward too much, and that I look odd in that position. I occasionally crave for lamb, but, yeah, it's probably just a desire. I have odd memories of taking walks in coniferous forests, using four legs, although I have never been to any such place. I wish I could understand why I feel these, and to know if I'm really therian (well I think I'm probably one).

Oh, and I made an irrelevant (and nerdy) theory about ghosts or spirits: Barely detectable, invisible particles always float around our universe. When new life is being born, these particles clump together to form the 'soul'. These particles rearrange to form a type of 'memory'. When the lifeform dies, the 'soul', being made up of these particles, shatters, but some fragments do not decay and stay as 'ghost compounds'. People who 'see ghosts' see these things floating around. Connecting this to therianthropy, some 'ghost compounds' from animal-contained 'souls' sometimes attach to forming human 'souls' and therefore turning us into therians.

Just an idea. It's kinda stupid, anyway, so please don't hesitate to post something that's relevant to the topic. I'm so sorry if I sound like a know-it-all person, maybe it's natural for nerds. At least I'm not a geek.

#541 2011-09-15 18:31:40

John Anchondo

That seems like a good theory.

Those who don't understand the past are destined to repeat it.

#542 2011-09-15 18:41:55

WolfVanZandt
Website

Actually, it sounds very much like classical Greek atomism. You might want to look up Democritus.

#543 2011-09-16 04:00:56

Wyrgrey42

I know who he is, but I guess I'll check out articles about him and Greek atomism.

#544 2012-05-05 11:55:40

Hidden

Hello! I don't know if I am a werewolf or not' so I read about this site and thought I might ask. It is my 15th birthday today (may 5th) and a lot of weird things have been happening. I am 5ft 5in, 135 pounds. I have brown hair , blue eyes with an indigo ring surrounding them, and my fingernails curve downward and grow very fast
. This past few full moons I have been extremely hungry even after I have had a huge meal and I usually get very hyper at night. I am what some people call "furry"  because I have a considerable amount of of hair. All of my senses are extremely good. Sometimes during the night my body temperature will rise. As for aggression, I have a short temper and will get very aggressive when agitated. When I get really angry I get incredibly stronger and I feel little to no pain ( if I do get hurt it only makes me stronger).Even when calm, I am so strong it amazes those around me, especially my parents.Also I don't know if this is worth noting but last time I had a physical the doctor said I have a super strong heart, which I found ironic because my family has history of bad hearts. If anyone thinks I have left out information please say so.

I never make stupid mistakes, only very,very clever ones.  :0

#545 2012-05-05 12:37:20

WolfVanZandt
Website

I also had great cardiovascular health until I turned 40, then I followed my father and brother in having to have a catheterization - exact same age. So don't count your chicks.

Most of that is adolescents (all humans are werewolves at adolescence  smile  )

Your fingernails are irrelevant. What are your teeth like?

Werewolves tend to have some specific health problems - do you ever get sick?

#546 2012-05-06 00:09:57

Hidden

I have a really narrow jaw, my teeth look normal. I only get sick about 1-3 times a year with a cold or upset stomach. I have some other health problems too. Are you a werewolf?

#547 2012-05-06 01:41:10

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

WVZ, you know that you can't 'diagnose' a therian by tooth-shape and immune system efficency. >sad

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#548 2012-05-06 02:48:56

WolfVanZandt
Website

Not the point, Shady. A predominance is just that. Nails have nothing to do with therianthropy. Teeth shape has something to do with it although, no, you can't diagnose. I wasn't diagnosing - I was making a subtle point - perhaps too subtle.

#549 2012-05-06 13:25:43

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Probably too subtle for a 15 year old. My concern is that they will take your mention of physical traits as confirmation that they're a werewolf.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#550 2012-05-06 13:41:56

Hidden

Then what are some werewolf traits? Are you a werewolf?

Board footer