The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#551 2012-05-06 14:25:33

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

Aye,I'm a  Werewolf, and there are some predominances - not traits. There is no such thing as a "Werewolf trait". There's not even a such things as a "Human trait". A trait is an individual characteristic that remains pretty much constant throughout an individual's life (or, at least, for a long time). The opposite is a state, which is how the individual is at a given moment. For instance, mood is a state - you can be happy or sad and that changes over time. Traits are more like personality characteristics. Affect is a trait. Some people are just generally happy people - that's their personality, and some people tend to be morose. So there are no Werewolf traits. People talk about "human traits" but it's not things that show that you're human - it's ways that you can categorize humans according to personality (or physical ) traits. For instance, one such trait is the shape of their head - dogs have head shapes, also. So do ticks.

Actually, I always hesitate to list physical markers for Werewolves (of which I am convinced that there, in fact, are) for a couple of reasons....maybe three...or four...I dunno. I can always think of several good reasons at any given time.

As soon as I say that Werewolves noses tend to twist to one side or the other you can bet that there will be a plethora of new posts with people proclaiming that their noses are cork-screwy and they will ask, "Does that mean I'm a  Werewolf?" That just irritates me and I don't like being irritated so I avoid it.

Again, these markers are predominances. That means they might exist outside the Were community, but they're more frequent in the Were community than in the larger human community. That also means that some Weres will not exhibit a particular predominance. That's, in fact, how most genetic markers work. Well, if I say that Werewolves have sharp canines (they don't, particularly), then every body with sharp canines will suddenly say, "I'm a Werewolf," when, in fact, there are people with sharp canines who are not Werewolves. Then again, there are bonafide  Werewolves who will suddenly be confused because they don't have sharp canines.

Again (there is a third!), I know a lot of Werewolves in real life and there's not a single one who posted on the Internet to find out if they were a Werewolf or not. For most of them, it has always been pretty obvious that they are Werewolves - or, at least, some variety of Were although the particular theriotype might not always have been exactly clear - but then again, I haven't seen much angst about that in the offline community). In brief, Werewolves that I know to be Werewolves don't really seem to worry very much about whether they're Werewolves or not, or what kind of Were they are. It's just not that much of an issue to them. I really don't want to encourage newbies.

That said, I have posted lists in the past of things that seem to be predominant in the Were community (against my better judgment) and it gets rather old and really doesn't mean anything anyway - so there's my fourth (and last) reason.

#552 2012-05-06 15:42:54

Hidden

How did you know that you were a werewolf?

I never make stupid mistakes, only very,very clever ones.  :0

#553 2012-05-06 20:47:22

WolfVanZandt
Website

I've always felt that I was considerably different from the people around me. As a child, I could never see myself in my dreams until about high school, at which time I started feeling like and dreaming as Horse. That didn't last long and my internal image resolved into Wolf. Since then, I've experienced a phantom body, like an overlay to my physical body that has a form of a wolf. I dream like that, my shamanic journeying is usually in that form, and I can perceive it in the mirror when I look at myself. You might want to look at my website: www.theriantimeline.com

Let me emphasize, I've never considered myself a wolf, I don't think I'm a wolf, and I don't think that I inherited anything - physically or spiritually - from a wolf. I identify as a Werewolf. I believe (and have reason to believe) that what Werewolves are, is animal shamans who predominantly take the form of Wolf in Dreamtime (or the shamanic realm or the spirit world - or wherever shamans go when they journey). Historically, that's what Weres were and I believe that's what they remain. I also think that Werewolves are people who manifest the Neanderthal genetics that exist in most people as junk DNA.

#554 2012-05-10 20:33:54

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Hidden wrote:

I am 5ft 5in, 135 pounds.

HAY RANDOM.  THEY DID IT AGAIN.

I am what some people call "furry"

So... you're attracted to cartoon animals?

When I get really angry I get incredibly stronger and I feel little to no pain

So you have a pituitary gland.

None of this physical stuff is Therianthropy.  Therianthropy is about how you personally feel inside.  It's about BEING an animal on some deep level.  If you're a "werewolf", you'll know because that's how you see yourself: it's what you "self-identify" as.  Don't think about physical things, think about how you see yourself.

From a macroscopic view, you're probably not a "werewolf": that's just statistical.  You haven't told us much for me to base that on though...

Like VanZandt said though, if you ARE a therian, you'd probably already know: I didn't find the community and then decide if I was one, I knew that I was one and then found the community and said "that's me!".  The fact that you're asking based on physical traits implies to me that you don't have that same mental-difference that makes a therian a therian.

There's nothing wrong with not being a therian though: it's just what some people are and some people aren't.  Everyone's different and special and all that, and what's more important than being something specific is to not go thinking you're something that you're not...

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#555 2012-05-10 20:51:52

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

Huh, odd to see this thread again after so long. Obligatory:

http://api.ning.com/files/G51I7ZLRvQ7-xdj4*kIlVXPK1xOTlHIx7okF9cU8HJEtOsNFn51qajNM5LTonEMSqQRH7-a-stngZ1y8SP0I81Xe1g7sm0q8/Thread_Necromancy_3038.jpg

Otherwise yeah, Sherlawk kinda said it all; physical "symptoms" have nothing to do with it, and if you are a therian, you don't have to ask.

#556 2012-05-11 21:37:24

WerewolfLeaAnn

it's what I call a ... knowing. I knew that when I was little I went from thinking EVERYBODY must have had a... duel mind (what I mean is... like a wolf and a human thinking at the same time, or it'd be wolf, then human. well then I just thought everybody had two 'minds') then to realizing that not everybody thought like me. I didn't dwell on it much then, I simply knew I was different so I was ok with it. However it wasn't until my freshman year in high school I knew its name and went looking for others like me. 

I asked a lot of dumb questions and said even dumber things but 'am I a werewolf?' was never one of them.

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#557 2012-06-15 15:20:21

sukiinlove

so i just found out im a therian........ but i dont know what that means. Apparently i haven't awaken it and i dont know how.

#558 2012-06-15 17:56:24

Echi

sukiinlove wrote:

so i just found out im a therian........ but i dont know what that means. Apparently i haven't awaken it and i dont know how.

If you just found out you are a therian then you are already awakened it. O.o It's possible that you don't know your theriotype though...if that's what you mean. If that's what you mean, I suggest meditation.

“There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised†~ Anton LaVey

#559 2012-06-15 19:24:31

WolfVanZandt
Website

How did you find out that you're a Therian?

#560 2012-06-16 20:18:14

sukiinlove

Oh sorry idk n i really dont know how to explain it its weird

#561 2012-06-17 01:41:42

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

If you don't know what being a therian means, and you haven't awakened to your therioside, I'm curious as to on what grounds you think you are a therian?

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#562 2012-06-17 19:18:28

sukiinlove

I kno what it means.

#563 2012-06-18 13:59:22

sukiinlove

look i just came on here to see if someone could help me, but never mind i guess this is something i have to figure out on my own.

#564 2012-06-20 04:03:07

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

sukiinlove wrote:

Then you're probably not a therian: there's no way to find out if you're something without knowing what that something is.

Therianthropy means someone who has a very deep and personal connection to an animal, to the point that they fell tat they "ARE" that animal on some level.  If you think this describes you, please elaborate.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#565 2012-06-28 00:14:04

sukiinlove

Kay maybe im not a therian idk what i am all i kno is its herd to control w.e i am

#566 2012-06-28 01:27:14

WolfVanZandt
Website

If it's a matter of control, then your best bet is interacting with a real world person that knows what they're doing (counselor, psychologist, shaman, etc.). If you're going to talk to someone online, you're going to be able to describe in detail what's going on. They might be able to talk you through self exploration but they're not going to be able to tell you anything about yourself.

#567 2012-06-29 20:57:54

sukiinlove

So you want me to explain?

#568 2012-06-30 02:05:23

WolfVanZandt
Website

Whatever anyone can do, they can only do it if you explain yourself. Frankly, I don't think the Internet is an appropriate place for in-depth self-disclosure, but that's your choice.

There are codes of ethics in the various fields of psychology and they all center around confidentiality. I wouldn't feel right working in such an open place with a client (I'm a psychologist, by the way.)

#569 2012-06-30 12:16:20

sukiinlove

Oh... i understand what you mean but i dont think anyone where i live would understand

But ive been having this same dream every since i turned 16. Like im some kinda wild animal n i just chase after a guy that i dont even know  n when i get close to him i jump on him dig my claws in him hear him scream loud as hell n i ripe a chunk of his throat out.

#570 2012-06-30 21:03:28

WolfVanZandt
Website

You might or might not be Were. It's fairly normal for Weres to have violent dreams - I chalk it up to frustration dreams. I believe that it's rare for Mainstreamers to have therianthropic dreams - there's controversy about that.

Do they bother you? If not, it's not a problem - it's common. If it does bother you, there's a good chance that you might be trying to suppress your Wereside. If that's true, it's a bad idea. The Wereside is at least a part of you and probably the main part of you and if you try to suppress it, it fights back. That can cause a wide range of problems from disturbing dreams to dissociative disorders to severe stress reactions.

#571 2012-06-30 21:27:46

lupinealchemist

Only people that I kill in my dreams are violent sociopaths that you may see in Rockstar games. It gets boring after a while, I lately became capable of showing mercy.

#572 2012-07-01 14:07:17

sukiinlove

Yea its a problem. my hands act weird my muscles every where on my body tense up n if im around people n this is happening at that moment i grab the back of their necks in dig my nails in them i dont mean to but it just happens

#573 2012-07-01 18:48:39

WolfVanZandt
Website

And you haven't been arrested or committed yet?

#574 2012-07-01 22:52:39

sukiinlove

No, i dont go out all that much n when i do i can control it but if something makes me angry i act out n kinda make a big scene

#575 2012-07-02 00:08:37

WolfVanZandt
Website

Ah, just a scratch - not serious damage, then?

Maybe anger management? That's not really a Therian problem. Most Weres are pretty laid back.

Board footer