The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#51 2008-04-07 00:04:08

DelawareWolf17
Member
From: Lewes,Delaware,United States
Registered: 2007-12-17
Posts: 385

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

good to hear smile


Exhausted Workercog

Offline

 

#52 2008-04-07 06:45:14

teenlycan
Member
From: "Wherever the moon is shining"
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 147
Website

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

Yeah it felt really good to finally tell someone I know that I see a lot. big_smile

On a different note a couple of days ago I was in the car with my parents when we stopped. So we were sitting there and suddenly I hear this really high pitched noise it was really hurting my ears till the point were I screamed "DON'T YOU GUYS HEAR THAT!?!" my parents looked at me and said "What noise?" it eventually stopped but I don't have a clue what it was. I also was just ironing my clothes watching TV when a trailor for The Ruins came on and it had the sound of a heart beating at a low beat and it had a low pitch. I then started to shift but luckily my parents were upstairs. Have any of you had any experiences like these?

Last edited by teenlycan (2008-04-07 06:45:37)


http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg31 … ckWolf.jpg Me as a Wolf...

Nothing draws me more to something than a full moon.

Offline

 

#53 2008-04-07 09:02:54

SilverFang
Member
From: Derbyshire
Registered: 2008-03-06
Posts: 263

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

I'd check ur family history if I were you, it sounds like you may have inherited some werewolf bllod somewhere down the line. However I also think you are a bit immature about it, it's not something you should always look foward to, I mean what if your hunger gets too itence and you end up attacking a family member, just think about it.


Every man dies, not every man truly lives. - William Wallace.

Offline

 

#54 2008-04-07 09:37:06

BlackWolfMarwood
Member
Registered: 2008-02-18
Posts: 484

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

It is common for those under 18 to hear 17hz. After around age 25 the follicles die off and many cannot hear such low frequencies below 20hz. Dogs can hear down to 8hz.

In the UK many stores have "mosquito alarms" which emit sirens at 17hz which drive away children and teenagers from their stores if they get rowdy as many teenagers have become the 1984 equivalent of "swine" due to poor parenting in less financially stable areas. These teens are commonly referred to as "Chavs."

There was also the invention of the silent ringtone which only youth can hear, thus teachers cannot tell when a cellphone starts ringing as phones are typically banned in classrooms.

Offline

 

#55 2008-04-07 11:01:56

teenlycan
Member
From: "Wherever the moon is shining"
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 147
Website

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

SilverFang wrote:

I'd check ur family history if I were you, it sounds like you may have inherited some werewolf bllod somewhere down the line. However I also think you are a bit immature about it, it's not something you should always look foward to, I mean what if your hunger gets too itence and you end up attacking a family member, just think about it.

I look forward to this because it's really interesting to me and I like the aspects of being a werewolf, however that doesn't mean I like everything about it I do worry about that kinda of stuff too. I always try to keep myself fed at all times, I can control my anger and aggression really well, and if I feel like attacking something I either go to the kitchen and attack the meats inside or go outside to release the aggresion in other ways. So its not like I also love the fact that I can hurt people really badly if I wanted to, I just love who I am and accept me basically.


http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg31 … ckWolf.jpg Me as a Wolf...

Nothing draws me more to something than a full moon.

Offline

 

#56 2008-04-07 11:40:22

Notawolfname
Member
From: The middle of Hell (Danbury)
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 56

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

Yah, I've had things like such happen to me. A few days ago, someone started up their car some distance off, and I was the only on who could hear it. DX Oi, I hate that, I always end up with a headache.

*curses E button that won't work unlss I slam on it*


...and watch all the boys and girls dance, in the light of the moon...

Offline

 

#57 2008-04-07 12:00:00

Notawolfname
Member
From: The middle of Hell (Danbury)
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 56

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

I can control my anger and aggression really well, and if I feel like attacking something I either go to the kitchen and attack the meats inside or go outside to release the aggresion in other ways...

I haven't had many problems with aggression lately, but my sister brought home her new boyfriend and I immediately felt protective and territorial about our yard and my hang out spots. He says that animals don't tend to get along with him at all, and was surprised that our dog did. I can't stand the guy, and when people ask why, I can't state my real reason. What am I going to say? That I'm part animal and it has something to do with him? Teenlycan, you're lucky you have an in-real-life friend you can tell. =/


...and watch all the boys and girls dance, in the light of the moon...

Offline

 

#58 2008-04-07 21:19:53

WolfVanZandt
Member
From: Broomfield, Colorado
Registered: 2004-09-01
Posts: 4716
Website

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

High pitched noises drive me nuts and, yes, low frequency (certain drum beats and low bass instruments) can trance me out.

I've heard a lot of Therians stress about what will happen if they shift but, with all the shifters I've known, I've never run into one that's ever hurt anyone they didn't want to hurt while shifted.

Offline

 

#59 2008-04-07 21:22:32

BlackWolfMarwood
Member
Registered: 2008-02-18
Posts: 484

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I've never run into one that's ever hurt anyone they didn't want to hurt while shifted.

Heheheheheh...

Offline

 

#60 2008-04-07 22:30:03

teenlycan
Member
From: "Wherever the moon is shining"
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 147
Website

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

Notawolfname wrote:

I can control my anger and aggression really well, and if I feel like attacking something I either go to the kitchen and attack the meats inside or go outside to release the aggresion in other ways...

I haven't had many problems with aggression lately, but my sister brought home her new boyfriend and I immediately felt protective and territorial about our yard and my hang out spots. He says that animals don't tend to get along with him at all, and was surprised that our dog did. I can't stand the guy, and when people ask why, I can't state my real reason. What am I going to say? That I'm part animal and it has something to do with him? Teenlycan, you're lucky you have an in-real-life friend you can tell. =/

Do you get any certain type of feeling around him because sometimes animals can sence if people have good or bad spirits. If you get a bad feeling I would keep an eye on him and your sister. You can just say you have a feeling he's no good or your instincts are telling you blah blah blah... But as for telling someone I was really nervous and felt like I was about to have a heart attack, so I wouldn't recommend telling anyone UNLESS you've known them for a long time, you trust them, your close to them, they can keep their mouth shut, and they're open minded. Good luck finding that person big_smile and don't rush to find the person!

Last edited by teenlycan (2008-04-08 00:19:50)


http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg31 … ckWolf.jpg Me as a Wolf...

Nothing draws me more to something than a full moon.

Offline

 

#61 2008-04-08 15:29:16

Notawolfname
Member
From: The middle of Hell (Danbury)
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 56

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

teenlycan wrote:

Notawolfname wrote:

I can control my anger and aggression really well, and if I feel like attacking something I either go to the kitchen and attack the meats inside or go outside to release the aggresion in other ways...

I haven't had many problems with aggression lately, but my sister brought home her new boyfriend and I immediately felt protective and territorial about our yard and my hang out spots. He says that animals don't tend to get along with him at all, and was surprised that our dog did. I can't stand the guy, and when people ask why, I can't state my real reason. What am I going to say? That I'm part animal and it has something to do with him? Teenlycan, you're lucky you have an in-real-life friend you can tell. =/

Do you get any certain type of feeling around him because sometimes animals can sence if people have good or bad spirits. If you get a bad feeling I would keep an eye on him and your sister. You can just say you have a feeling he's no good or your instincts are telling you blah blah blah... But as for telling someone I was really nervous and felt like I was about to have a heart attack, so I wouldn't recommend telling anyone UNLESS you've known them for a long time, you trust them, your close to them, they can keep their mouth shut, and they're open minded. Good luck finding  that person big_smile and don't rush to find the person!

XD If anyone, I would most likely tell my sister with the boyfriend. Speeking of which, I just get this bad uncomfortable scence around him.  I'm very wary of how he handles my sister, but she tells me that he's very good, and gentle. Something about him just makes me want to bark. >=/


...and watch all the boys and girls dance, in the light of the moon...

Offline

 

#62 2008-04-08 19:21:33

teenlycan
Member
From: "Wherever the moon is shining"
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 147
Website

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

Well in that case I guess you should just watch on them from a safe distance.


http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg31 … ckWolf.jpg Me as a Wolf...

Nothing draws me more to something than a full moon.

Offline

 

#63 2008-04-08 20:45:50

Notawolfname
Member
From: The middle of Hell (Danbury)
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 56

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

Safe distance. From a tree in my yard with binaculars and a BB gun. XP


...and watch all the boys and girls dance, in the light of the moon...

Offline

 

#64 2008-04-08 20:53:02

BlackWolfMarwood
Member
Registered: 2008-02-18
Posts: 484

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

I prefer teeth over guns...


Just a question to through out there - has anyone had any dealings with psychokinesis?

Last edited by marwolf (2008-04-08 20:53:38)

Offline

 

#65 2008-04-08 21:01:19

teenlycan
Member
From: "Wherever the moon is shining"
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 147
Website

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

No I cant really say I have dealt with anything like that.


http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg31 … ckWolf.jpg Me as a Wolf...

Nothing draws me more to something than a full moon.

Offline

 

#66 2008-04-08 22:26:46

punxnotdead
Member
From: Canada...eh?
Registered: 2006-05-09
Posts: 11300

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

Nope, I sure aren't a werewolf...or therian smile
Personally, I don't think there's such thing as a werewolf. Anyone who refers to themselves as one (I think) are looking for attention, and are usually the misunderstood people(It's a common physiological profile). Because it's Physiologically impossible to become a werewolf and/or a wolf (These are Just opinions)
Therians, on the other hand, deal with the spiritual aspects of being a wolf, so I have no problem with that.

Last edited by punxnotdead (2008-04-08 22:37:34)


I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

Offline

 

#67 2008-04-09 21:25:30

Notawolfname
Member
From: The middle of Hell (Danbury)
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 56

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

Pcycochicka-? I don't think I've heard of it, or I have, and just never seen it written down 0.o


...and watch all the boys and girls dance, in the light of the moon...

Offline

 

#68 2008-04-17 18:15:33

Sentinel
Member
From: U.S. for now.
Registered: 2007-07-22
Posts: 148

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

Notawolfname wrote:

Pcycochicka-? I don't think I've heard of it, or I have, and just never seen it written down 0.o

Psychokinesis, also known as telekinesis: the ability to influence the physical world through mental projection. The most common example is being able to move objects using psychic means.

marwolf wrote:

I prefer teeth over guns...


Just a question to through out there - has anyone had any dealings with psychokinesis?

Why do you ask?

One thing to note is, like most supernatural things, it can frequently be explained by normal means.

teenlycan wrote:

Yeah it felt really good to finally tell someone I know that I see a lot. big_smile

On a different note a couple of days ago I was in the car with my parents when we stopped. So we were sitting there and suddenly I hear this really high pitched noise it was really hurting my ears till the point were I screamed "DON'T YOU GUYS HEAR THAT!?!" my parents looked at me and said "What noise?" it eventually stopped but I don't have a clue what it was. I also was just ironing my clothes watching TV when a trailor for The Ruins came on and it had the sound of a heart beating at a low beat and it had a low pitch. I then started to shift but luckily my parents were upstairs. Have any of you had any experiences like these?

I have that problem a lot. It is usually just something odd in the environment, like an electric motor in a hard drive, or an electronic component. You usually can find a source for it, and they do not necessarily last a long time.

marwolf wrote:

It is common for those under 18 to hear 17hz. After around age 25 the follicles die off and many cannot hear such low frequencies below 20hz. Dogs can hear down to 8hz.

In the UK many stores have "mosquito alarms" which emit sirens at 17hz which drive away children and teenagers from their stores if they get rowdy as many teenagers have become the 1984 equivalent of "swine" due to poor parenting in less financially stable areas. These teens are commonly referred to as "Chavs."

There was also the invention of the silent ringtone which only youth can hear, thus teachers cannot tell when a cellphone starts ringing as phones are typically banned in classrooms.

That is slightly overrated. I have heard about it, and experienced it, but most people can still hear it. Actually, it seems most teenagers that it is meant for have worse hearing than the adults. I suppose it is also because the same ones have mp3 players that you can hear a block away.

Offline

 

#69 2008-04-17 18:17:25

BlackWolfMarwood
Member
Registered: 2008-02-18
Posts: 484

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

My roommate who is younger than me can't hear what even most 25 year olds could hear because of damaged hearing. He thinks it to be more on damaged hearing than with age.

Offline

 

#70 2008-04-17 18:54:58

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
From: Tennessee
Registered: 2008-01-05
Posts: 1635
Website

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

marwolf wrote:

My roommate who is younger than me can't hear what even most 25 year olds could hear because of damaged hearing. He thinks it to be more on damaged hearing than with age.

i dissagree,i think its has more to do with age than hearing damage.


"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

Offline

 

#71 2008-04-17 19:02:34

Sentinel
Member
From: U.S. for now.
Registered: 2007-07-22
Posts: 148

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

bloodlust wrote:

marwolf wrote:

My roommate who is younger than me can't hear what even most 25 year olds could hear because of damaged hearing. He thinks it to be more on damaged hearing than with age.

i dissagree,i think its has more to do with age than hearing damage.

Hearing loss is almost universally proven to be due to accumulated damage, not age. The various parts of the ear are very similar to some other areas such as the brain in that they do not handle damage well. One problem with being older is that healing abilities as a whole are greatly reduced, such as the case with muscle loss. Some very old people have very good hearing, but is is much mroe rare only because they lack the ability to repair damage from sound as well, and that avter ninety years they are likely to have expeieinced damaging sound many times.

Offline

 

#72 2008-04-17 19:28:28

punxnotdead
Member
From: Canada...eh?
Registered: 2006-05-09
Posts: 11300

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

I agree with sentinal. The micro hairs in your ears are compressed from loud noises or other environmental factors, which causes hearing loss. Them listening to such loud music is the cause of so many teenagers and youth facing hearing loss. It doesn't happen instantly, but it accumulates over time until it manifests itself. I watched a National Geograpic special on it the other week. It was quite interesting.


I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

Offline

 

#73 2008-04-17 19:28:40

BlackWolfMarwood
Member
Registered: 2008-02-18
Posts: 484

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

http://www.aubraux.com/mosquito-ringtone.php this site offers samples to test.

Its not how low can you hear as I had thought, but how high. I can hear everything including 18khz. I cannot hear 19hz or anything higher. I have had very limited exposure to cause hearing damage.

Technically I can hear all of them, but the 19 and 20 are very quiet.

Last edited by marwolf (2008-04-17 19:30:15)

Offline

 

#74 2008-04-17 21:46:58

teenlycan
Member
From: "Wherever the moon is shining"
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 147
Website

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

I also agree with Sentinel, there have been numerous studies of hearing loss in teens and it's been proven that some always have their music blasting in their ear which causes them to lose their hearing.

As for the mosquito ringtone I can hear all of them, I get a headache when teens in school play it over and over again.


http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg31 … ckWolf.jpg Me as a Wolf...

Nothing draws me more to something than a full moon.

Offline

 

#75 2008-04-17 23:09:09

WolfMontana
Member
From: Montana (surprise!)
Registered: 2006-02-08
Posts: 10145

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

marwolf wrote:

http://www.aubraux.com/mosquito-ringtone.php this site offers samples to test.
Technically I can hear all of them, but the 19 and 20 are very quiet.

Interesting. 13 - 16 are clear and painful to listen to, 17 drops off quite a bit but it's still there, 20 is more of a feeling than something I hear distinctly. I don't think I have much hearing damage at all.


"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB 1.2.14
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson

In Association with Amazon.com   In Association with Zazzle.com
page counter View Statistics