The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-27 16:57:47

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

Aaliyah... AGW is BACK!

Alright first of all, I want to remind everyone this takes place within the Grey Wolff Chronicles universe, in fact, there will be cameo appearances of one sort or another.  Thing we need to focus on here is while I am a red blooded male I have decided to do the most challenging thing for an author.  Narrate a female main character.  This is an exercise for me, I don't think like she does therefore it's be difficult to remember there are things girls DON'T do.

Also I intend to reveal not a darn thing about this story before I post it.  I've been writing about 5 pages every couple of evenings so it is progressing nicely.  Aaliyah is also the subject of an artist friend of mine, so everyone here might get to see her in the flesh so to speak.  Anyhow, I guess it's on with the show...

One last thing, I don't have works or office on my computer atm, so I've done all this with only quick visual editing on my part, I miss all kinds of things so dismiss it for now.

I was told back when I was seventeen years old that some of us are borne a responsibility.  We are given the abillity to protect those around us from the evils that stalk the earth.  Now I'll tell you what I said then.  I said he was crazy...that I had no ability and therefore no responsibilty. 

How wrong I was.

http://www.blackoperations.biz/Grey/Aaliyah.jpg
CHAPTER 1
What is and what should never be.

Sometimes I think about what my life wouldv'e been like if things were normal, normal mom and dad, normal life, brothers and sisters...you know...normal.  Thing is life is never a straight line, it's a broken road.  We pave that road little by little every single day. 

August 28th  2000  7:44AM

"Your gonna make us late Aaliya."
    "Look if you wanted to ride the bus you should've just got on it, and I would've not seen you and kept driving.  It's not my fault your allergic the the window lickers."
    "Ally, it's undignified to ride on the same bus as little brats, my brothers ride on that bus why would I, they'd just use me as a jungle gym, totally embarassing."
    I drowned the rest of the conversation via Metallica.  So you heard it from her, my name is Aaliya, Ally for short please, and yes I'm on my wasy to school.  Summer sucked golf balls through a straw.  In other words...fun.  Lately things have been off, right now I could go for a nice quarter pounder with cheese...at 8am.
    "So what have you been doing all summer?  Nobody has seen you."
    "I trained for a month for my test, then went for my black belt second degree."
    "Your still doing that karate crap?"
    "Yes Krista, karate....because it's sooooo much fun."
    "It takes up all your time."
    "Uhh no, it takes up an hour a day and dojo time twice a week, it's not that much time."
    "And nice hair, when did you dye white highlights?"
    "I didn't, started last spring, sorta developed into this."
    "It looks cool."
    "Yea, because that's exactly what I wasn't going for."
    Once again I failed to use my turn signal and cut off an ovecompensating pick up truck in my turn into our high school's student parking lot.  I drive a nice enough car, A Chevy Beretta with a V6 and a stick shift, nice for me since not many guys know how to drive it so they usually don't bother to ask.
    "I see the attitude has not left the building for this year."
    "I have my special occasions."
    I parked and yanked the parking brake, shut the engine off and reached behind me for my bag.  I don't carry a purse, that's undignified to a modern girl, instead, a money clip and school ID is all that goes with me.  I also have my driver's license but I keep that with the car, since it;s the only thing I drive.
    We got out and I made damn sure the doors were locked, last year I had my CD player stolen...twice.  Let's just say this girl wasn't happy about that. 
    In high school, everything matters but nothing matters all at once.  For instance, where I park matters, which is actually taking up two spaces where otherwise a certain late model mustang, lime-green, and some rice burning piece of stickered shite goes.  I guess the hot shot wrestler and his quarterback best friend will have to park elsewhere...so sad.
    I don't enjoy getting leered at, but it comes with the territory, it's still hot in Wisconsin this time of year and I wear my choice dark grey nearly see through tank top and black bra underneath.  I always wear pants, never will I show my legs, hell freezes over before that'll happen.  I wore the tank top on purpose to show the new tatoo.  Maybe I should say series of tatoos, but it's all one piece. 
    At first it's wolf tracks, then torn skin with blood to show off a gruesome injury that doesn't exist, and finally, the eye of the wolf fading up into a nearly full moon tatood into my shoulder blade.  My other work includes something I got on my hands, on one hand the chinese symbol for man, the other, a symbol for wolf.
    I guess my top wasn't all to be seen, most guys followed my passing with a nice long look at my ass, this is where I snap a look their way, instantly averting their eyes elsewhere.  I cut my hair to a little less than shoulder length and kept it out of my eyes with a simple part and ear tuck, I could ponytail it for practice, but at school it didn't matter.  I'm pretty short for a girl, at five two or three, most are taller than me.  I make up for it in agility and speed, I have this complex about overcoming odds and never being weak.  Abandonment issues and overcompensation issues they say.
    Did I mention I so don't want to go to school today?  I could be doing better things, walking in the woods, or oh I dunno...running. 
    "Ally!" Dammit all...not HER.
    "Hi Jenny.  Have a good summer?"
    "Yea, but we missed you, nobody has seen you."  I gave a look towards my former passenger who smiled blankly in return.  "Where have you been, you so missed everything."
    "I've been busy, working mostly."  How would I explain that I've been training and running around in the woods in my off time?  I wouldn't...ever.
    So the world revolves around summertime activities...I need a better excuse than I got my black belt and I worked.
    "So did you meet any guys or go to any parties?"
    "No and no, I don't sleep around Jenny, twice doesn't make me a party girl."
    "You don't have to be such a b****."  About now most girls would pull hair or slap.  But I'm not most girls.  I simply shoved her aside and pulled on the door I was walking towards the entire time.  No need to make myself look bad on the first day.
    Kristi and me walked in silence towards homeroom, it was too late to find our lockers now.  We had walked most of the way down the east wing when Kristi made the first of probably many comments.
    "You know you don't have to be like that with everyone.  She was trying to ask you about what you've done with your summer.  It's sort of standard to answer."
    "Dammit...Kristi I worked all summer, I went to the dojo every other day, did some me time running, and my car broke down twice, both times I fixed it myself because I never have enough money to GET it fixed.  I don't have the luxary of rides and allowances like some people."
    "Jeez Ally, I'm just saying.  You just bit off the whole head right there."
    "Gah I know I'm sorry just forget it, were here anyhow."
    Now it wasn't entirely true what I had just said to her.  I worked all summer, I was broke, that was true too, but it wasn't mandatory, it had been a choice, my foster parents are loaded for lack of a better word.  I honostly have no idea what they do for a living only that they buy and sell houses across southern Wisconsin, also know as flipping homes.
    I had flat out rejected any further intrusions on my personal life a few years ago and to spite me they "allowed" me to live in the same house but gave me no benefits to such things as allowances or cars.  Two way street running one way I said.  That earned me several slaps to the face by mother intended. 
    The first couple hours went by pretty quick, we got our class schedules for the first semester from each course and got the summary of etiquette and expectations for the class.  It bored me to death, in fact school in general did.  I maintained a B average not because I wasn't capable of more but I never applied myself beyond what I could get done in school.
    By lunch is was back to the car.  I was already in it ready to zip out of the lot for work when a suited middle aged man put his hand on my hood peering through the windshield at me.
By the time the stare was over I had won, for whatever importance it had, and I hit the window switch. 
    "Going somewhere Ally?  I thought we'd get through a week at least before you started cutting class."
    "Mr. Vern, I'm not cutting class, I'm going to my co-op job, I get credits for it, technically I'm in school."
    "I don't remember your release forms coming across my desk this summer."
    Something deep inside me howled in fustration and I wanted to tell him where the form probably got stuck but knew it wouldn't help me get to work any faster.  So I painted on a rediculous smile and replied in kind.  "Mr. Vern my mother signed the waivers and my grades qaulify me, plus I've had the job all summer and part of the semester last year,"
    "I'm not sure how working on motorcycles is furthering your education Ally.  But I won't keep you, after all, it is YOUR education at stake."
    "Thanks..."  without bothering to raise the window I let some Papa Roach bleed out of the speakers, they can all go to hell with their hip hop and rap.  I was at the shop twenty minutes later walking through the door when my phone rang.
    "Ally you on your way yet?"
    "Uhh hi Matt?"  Matt was the owner of Xtreme Machines, a motorcycle and quad dealer who became a motorcycle, boat, quad, and snowmobile dealer AND service department under one roof in under five years.  Matt was only 25 years old but he was practically brilliant with a motorcycle, having spent his earlier years as a stuntman.
    "So are you on your way or not?"
    "I'm already through the front doors, what's so important you call me and waste my precious unaffordable minutes?" Sarcasm is great.
    "Well get your ass in the shop, I've got something you should get a better look at-"  He hung up before I could roll my metaphorical eyes.  I dodged the counter and clocked in on the computer, next I snatched a pair of coveralls and started heading off to change.  I don't wear my street clothes underneath my coveralls since grease and oil have habits of soaking right through to what otherwise would've been 50 dollar jeans. 
    I had my sleeves rolled up and hair pinned back when I emerged into the shop space.  The evinrude motor I was elbow deep in on friday was waiting for me but Matt was looking at me standing next to a Suzuki with a toothy grin.
    I shuffled over to him across air hoses and various extension cords strung out across the shop.  I eyed the bike, It wasn't what you'd consider a sport bike by definition but that didn't make it any less intimidating or fast.  It was an SV1000 but as I got closer I realized a TON of work had been done to fix what probably had been a dump that totaled the bike.  I knew the signs of a reapaired frame better than anyone not in the business, meaning Matt had been working on this bike in his spare time when I wasn't around.
    "What's this?"
    "This?  This is yours.  I had one of these a couple years ago, it has lots of torque and is great for a stunt bike.  It was pretty banged up but the insurance who totalled it let me have it so I didn't have to invest much more than the effort.  Consider it a six month token of employee appreciation."
    I muttered something but stopped as soon as my hand touched the tank, gliding fingers across and down.  He had done a magnificent job on the fabrication, It was better than new.  "I just don't know what to say Matt."
    "Say something like, wow thanks a bunch or maybe just give your boss a hug and take it for a ride."
    "I just can't believe it your the first person to be this nice to me, and now your giving me gifts like this?  You sure this isn't some effort to hop in my pants?"
    "Joke all you want Ally, it's yours, it's even in your name, grab your helmet and get out of here, I'll finish up the evinrude."
    "Alright Matt, I'll go for a ride, I'll come back for the car tommorow."
    "On time at work tommorow, just cuz you have a new set of wheels doesn't mean your set free."
    "I gotcha."  I swung a leg over the seat and twisted the ignition.  The display lit up and the big green neutral light lit up.  I pressed the start button and in less than a second the bike was running to the tune of an open exhaust  v twin lope.  I love this bike already.  I flicked the shifter into first and in a blink of an eye I was out the shop door and headed down the highway. 
    I know what your thinking what's a seventeen year old girl doing riding a motorcycle?  I never said I was conventional.  I have this independence complex, it's in my blood.   I decided to ride through the country and swing back around for school at the end of the day.  Maybe I wanted to show off, so what. 
    I got back to school about ten minutes after it had let out, almost everyon not in a hurry to get to after school work or practice was lingering.  I had long since ditched the helmet, keeping it tied down inside my backpack.  The looks I got from the guys spoke for itself, but being the red blooded girl that I am I took an extra long time to dismount the motorcycle right in front of the main entrance. 
    A few people rushed me.  The only one I recognized was Krista. 
    "Uhh I don't wanna burst the bubble on your little show but your in trouble."
    "What?" I yanked the key out of the ignition and tucked it into a pocket."
    "Your dad called school, and cops showed up not too long ago, so you need to make yourself disapeared time now."
    "Holy shite are you serious?"
    "I wouldn't joke about this Ally, you need to get the hell out of here unless you want to answer to those cops...just go, I'll call you later when I find out more."
    "Yea, I'll do the same if I can figure this mess out."
    Son of a b****!  What does that control freak want now?  It's alright Ally he has never seen the motorcycle before, but your gonna need some things from your car if you wanna disapear for a while. 
    Just like that, my world turned upside down...for the third or fourth time in a few years.  I gunned the motorcycle straight back to Xtreme Machines.  Cops were all over the parking lot and inside...what the hell was going on?  I put on my helmet further down the road and turned around.   I creeped my way into the lot, figured the helmet would be good cover, and I was wearing shades to conceal even further. 
    The motorcycle was a perfect cover when someone wants to snoop around a powersports dealer crawling with cops.  I was stopped by a uniformed before I got to the front door.
    "Excuse me miss, can we help you?"
    "Yea I'm here to pick up some parts for my bike, is something going on?"
    "Nothing to concern anyone ma'am but I'm afraid you'll have to come back another time."
    Dammit.  What the hell is going on here?
    "Alright thanks, I'll try tommorow then."  Without another word I got back on the Suzuki and swung my way around the shop door side of the lot, the same one I drove out of last night.  No sign of Matt...two cops fooling around inside.
    Plan B in effect.  I'd have get back to the house and figure out what all the trouble was about.  Facing the music is not my strong suit but I'll never back down to anything if I can help it.  So that's exactly what I did, I drove right up to my foster home, walked around to the side door so I could open the garage and pulled the motorcycle inside.  Then I found the reason as soon as I walked inside.
    "Where in the hell have you been hmm?"
    "I got off work today." Scott was my foster father who for lack of a better word despised me.  No, actually I believe he hates me.  If it wasn't for his wife Shelley, who actually liked me, I'd be in real hot water.
    "Oh good, so then you have plenty of time to explain to me how you got involved with drug trafficking." Come again?  "They busted your boyfriend at his shop today, turns out he's been involved in trafficking for years, they just caught up to him a few months ago, and today they tell me he has a partner, and as much as your at the shop, how much time you spent there this summer, they think it's you."
    Holy shite.  You can't be serious.  "He's not my boyfriend."  Way to go with the opening line Ally.  "I mean, I didn't know about any of this.  I was just trying to make some money and learn."
    "Ohh your gonna learn alright, distance learning in prison."  I can't go to jail... I just want to be loved... "Your gonna stand right there and wait for the police, they'll be here in a few minutes." 
    I had already stopped hearing him, blood throbbed in my ears, my vision became red.  And something...inside me, snapped loose. 
    "I....didn't...do....anything...WRONG!!!!"  I charged forward and slammed Scott through to the kitchen and shoved him even harder towards the fridge.  He sailed across the floor half stumbling half careening.  When he hit the fridge door the baskets and things on top of the fridge fell to the ground in front of him.
    I stood there for almost a minute heaving out breath after breath.  Then in nothing more than a whimper I repeated it.  I turned around and stalked out the door, leaving Scott calling to me, even though there was no way I'd have heard him.  I was on the motorcycle and speeding back down the driveway when the first patrol car showed up.  I dodged around it but had to slam my brakes for the second car.  I could do this.  It seemed like endless seconds passed before the first cop got out of the car.  Even after they did it took them longer to reach me.  I kicked the stand out and got off the bike.
    I spent the night in county lock up, they left me in my street clothes inside a glorified holding cell that actually had a decent bed.  Not that I used it.  I spent the better part of the time pacing and growling.  What the hell is wrong with me?  I stared at my reflection in the polished stainless steel mirror and wondered when my face had become so angular and when had I grown a soft almost invisible layer of black hairs?
    When morning came they let me out, I was moved into a room with an exterior window and a two way mirror.  I checked my complexion in the mirror and made note of the new smells of this room, namely coffee and bile.  Even old sweat and the sharness of stale cigarettes, even though nobody is supposed to smoke in a state building anymore, people still do it.
    I was wondering why I was cataloging scents mentally going over recent events when Scott walked in the room followed by another man.  I stared at Scott when we locked gazes, it took a moment but he dropped his gaze first and mentally I cheered I had won some primal battle. 
    "Ally, I want you to meet your lawyer, this is Mr. Halloway.  He's your defense attorney, were gonna go over your plea bargain before the DA talks to you."
    "Plea bargaining what?"
    "The police are convinced you are involved in a major drug trafficking operation working out of that shop.  They are willing to be lenient because of your age."
    "Excuse me.  I didn't do anything wrong, I work there, nothing more, Matt is NOT a lover of mine, we have no relationship except for a working relationship."
    "Miss Grainger, I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation, if your found guilty, you will be held in prison for at least a decade."  Fancy pants lawyer's turn to intimidate me.  In fact this was seeming like an easy out for Scott, with me out of the way he wouldn't have to deal with me ever again.  All without being in a bad way with his wife, the one person who I really did love.
    "Get the gently caress out of here."  It came out as a growl.
    "Ally we can't your a minor and we have to represent you, both of us."
    "Then have them try me as an adult.  I think we can do that."
    "Young lady your stubborn as hell aren't you."
    "Born with the stubborn bone.  But I won't plead guilty to something I didn't do."
    "Fair enough."  The lawyer actually agreed with me. Score one for Ally.  "I get paid either way, so if your not guilty and have no knowledge of this, it will show, unfortunatly we will have to post bail to get you out until trial." 
    I'd tell you the rest of the day had significance but it all rolls up into one summarized sentence.  They will grant request to trial as an adult and set bail at two hundred thousand dollars.  OUCH.  Even my foster family doesn't have that kind of money.  So it was off to find a bond agent who'd accept that kind of liability.
    After another day Scott came to bond me out.  He looked solemnly at me without a word waited for me to recover my street clothes and guided me out the door.  We got in the car and he drove us home, not one word was spoken between the two of us.  I fidgeted with the radio and settled for WJJO, my favorite radio station.  Jane's Addiction played one of their recent singles.
    Once we got home, I got out of the car proclaimed I was going to take a shower and disapeared to my room.  My room smelled like me at least.  But it was in total disaray probably from the police or detectives who surely upturned every object in the room.  I wrinkled my nose at this invasion of space, that didn't stop me from scooping up clothes from the floor and heading for the shower.  I'd be out of here quick enough.  I had plans to ride up to the dells and spend the weekend squatting in some resort.

Last edited by Army Grey Wolf (2008-04-03 17:22:50)

Author of Blood Bounty, Wolf's Release V2, Man Eaters (incomplete), Aaliyah (in progress), Offer (short story), Hide (short story, published in Wizard), writer for an upcoming webcomic/graphic novel series featuring Aaliyah. 

One of these days I'm going to solicit my work for publishing, it's just that my work is pure and a publishing company needs to be reasonable with content editing...

#2 2008-03-27 20:29:14

punxnotdead

Re: Aaliyah... AGW is BACK!

FINALLY! Where have you been? I loved your recent stories, they were so well done and I can't wait to start reading your new story. Welcome back, AGW! I'll get reading and tell you how it is wink

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#3 2008-03-30 15:49:56

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

I've been around...heh.

Alright let me explain how Aaliyah came to be.  I've been working with a comic book publisher as a writer for pretty much free, since writing a comic is actually pretty stinkin easy when they do the storyboarding for you.  Aaliyah was a character I had wanted to use, to explain how someone totally unaware of what they are comes into their wolf side, and if strong enough overcomes the imbalance.

She was canned.  But I revived her for role-play just for kicks.  This let me experiment with her attitude and viewpoint, so after I had that down pat I learned how to write the opposite sex, she comes off as butch but I remembered to throw in the girly and I'm not afraid to write third person recognition of a male in a sexual way, so with all hurdles overcome, Aaliyah finally made it to draft, and here she is for the first time.

Yes Ally is a teenager, not exactly popular with the "in" crowd, and she doesn't remotely care.  Ally is driven to achieve her goals but at that age things get overwhelming easily and I don't forget that when I throw her in situations Grey Wolff would've handled with ease.  She is learning to be strong, and at the same time something is going on in her body that she only has the barest subconscious indication of whats happening.  Everytime something overwhelming happens it pushes the phase a little further, teetering her out of her known world more and more.  This is the story of Ally's Becoming a werewolf, young, vital, and borne into the same literary universe as Grey Wolff.

Enjoy.

Author of Blood Bounty, Wolf's Release V2, Man Eaters (incomplete), Aaliyah (in progress), Offer (short story), Hide (short story, published in Wizard), writer for an upcoming webcomic/graphic novel series featuring Aaliyah. 

One of these days I'm going to solicit my work for publishing, it's just that my work is pure and a publishing company needs to be reasonable with content editing...

#4 2008-03-30 17:12:13

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

Once we got home, I got out of the car proclaimed I was going to take a shower and disapeared to my room.  My room smelled like me at least.  But it was in total disaray probably from the police or detectives who surely upturned every object in the room.  I spent about an hour replacing most things in my room, and tossed most of my laundry, clean or not in the hamper since it smelled soiled, violated by strangers.
    They even went through my underwear drawer.  That didn't stop me from grabbing a non descriptive pair and heading for the shower.  I'd have to reuse my bra for now.  I showered, and realized they had gone through my drawers at the sink and the medicine cabinet, though the area was barely out of order when I came in, I hadn't really noticed.
    I stood naked standing on a towel for a full sixty seconds staring at the foggy mirror.  I felt so out of body.  My face looked angular, my nose seemed alien and it scared the hell out of me.  I could FEEL my skin crawling, fireants marching up and down my arms and back.  Every time I moved a little a bone popped.  I was beyond scared at this point.
    I huddled on the floor, rocking back and forth trying to push out what was going on, which frankly was far beyond rationality.  I must have been there a while because the next time I saw my hands they looked normal, my face was back to normal and I could breath deeply without any pain.  But this time there were things I was aware of that I hadn't been before.
    I've prided myself on an acute sense of smell and hearing well beyond that of my friends.  It made me good at sneaking, I was an expert at it, listening to the breathing patterns of my guardians so I could sneak out pushing my car down the driveway before risking starting
    This time I was good enough to know that there was a stranger in the house with Scott, someone I had never met who wore entirely too much cologne.  My nose was wrinkled emphasizing the fact when I stepped around into view from the hallway into the kitchen. 
    Both Scott and the stranger looked at me, my hair damn with goth attire, but I wasn't overdoing it this time.  "Ally, sit down."
    I pulled out a stool at the breakfast nook and sat with my arms crossed, swaying in the stool a little bit.  "What's up?"
    "Ally you've become a liability.  Guilt makes no difference to me, and I believe your capable of supporting yourself."
    "Uhh, I guess.  Wait is this where you get rid of me like the other half dozen families?  Because I've become too much of a chore?"
    "It's not like that Aailyah."  You know it is when they use your whole name.
    "The hell it's not, Mr.  back-so-straight here is either a social worker or a lawyer.  I bet you two have come up with a fool proof plan to wash your hands of whatever you believe I have done even though I told you I haven't done ANYTHING wrong, but since I'm not REALLY your daughter you don't believe me.  But yanno...that's ok."
    I had spent the last few seconds staring at my motorcycle keys laying right by the stove where we usually tossed mail and keys at the end of the day.  I knew what I wanted to do...but didn't have a clue where to go.
    "Ally, I'm trying to protect both of us.  Emancipating you means you can make your own decisions without my judgement.  You can even live here until you finish school."
    "Great, thanks because school is exactly what I was thinking about when the people who are supposed to care about me ditch me."
    "We aren't ditching you."  The other man gave the barest hint of contempt towards Scott, I noticed it far quicker than he could hide the expression.  "Liberating more like it."
    "Why don't we wait for mom to get home or should I call her Shelley again?"  I sighed visibly slumping my shoulders.  Then I slipped off the stool and padded over to the counter where I swiped the keys unnoiticed while I opened a cabinet looking for snack food.  "Guess I'm buying my own food too then."
    "Ally, stop, this is not what I meant.  I thought you wanted your independance?"
    "Yea, you know when the time came, I didn't WANT to be thrown away." In the smallest voice nearly inaudible to the rest of the room I murmured  "I just want to be loved, I want someone to give a shite about me, care about what I do or don't do."
    Scott glared at me, a pen in his hand.  "Ally, regardless, I can't afford to jeopordize my wife or this house, if you would sign this, these papers will emancipate you, once they are notarized you will officially be an adult."
    "Goodie."  Said with such sarcasm, but I still picked up the pen signed the paper and then snapped it over the paper.  Snapping pens isn't easy with one hand but I managed just fine.
    So just like that, my only possessions were my car, bike and a cell phone, the computer in my room wasn't mine and the clothes I could care less about.  I grabbed my shoes from the foyer, both Scoot and the nameless man watched me grab them AND put them on.  I reached in the closet closest to the garage door and grabbed my riding jacket out of it.  I donned fingerless gloves and a pair of Oakley shades.  I stood there for a moment tying my hair back and shrugged.  Forget the hair I thought. 
    "What are you doing?"
    "Leaving, I can do that now...whenever I want."
    "Were not done.  Mr. Norten needs to walk you through the legal process, your not an adult yet."
    "Don't care, send me an email, I'm outta here, got people to see."
    "Go to school tommorow."
    "Wouldn't dream of missing it Scott."
    The motorcycle was actually in the garage, and not the impound where I was sure it WOULD be.  For that matter I was pretty sure the Beretta really was there.  It was worth it to find out, so that was the first destination.  Back to Extreme Machines, when I got there, a few cars were still in the lot, one was in fact the black beast known as the Beretta.  But what suprised me was the place was open.
    Matt had a few employees besides me obviously, I knew a little about sales and sold a few quads and the odd motorcycle every now and then, but I was at home in the shop, still Mat trusted me as his second in command my natural ability to keep things together lead to that decision.
    When I walked inside the doors I had a revelation...I needed to visit Matt in jail...but would they let me?  No I suppose not, not until I was cleared of all charges.  More I needed to know how to take care of the bills and who to pay.  Hell I needed to know alot more than that but more I wanted to know if this was the last time I'd see the business open.
    "Heya Ally!" John was tall and lanky, olive skinned Italian that he was he also was a great salesman. 
    "Hey John, I'm suprised this place is still open."
    "Oh well Matt told us that unless he's found guilty the government can't take this place away from him, and beside's this place isn't involved in what he was involved in, but I'm not supposed to talk about that anyhow."
    "Oh really, so who's in charge till he get's back?"
    "You are."
    My eyes widened.  "You can't be serious.  I'm still in school...I can't."
    "Matt told me you were to be in charge, but it's ok, business doesn't pick up till the weekends anyhow.  I bet we could manage when your not here, you've got good people who take care of this place just fine."
    "I know, Matt has good people, but this is a little much.  I don't know where to begin."
    "Begin tommorow, it's Friday tommorow, gonna be busy in the afternoon."
    "Alright, and btw, you seen my keys to the Beretta?  I thought I left them in my coveralls."
    "Probably still in them, nobody sent anything out to laundry."
    "Ohh okay."
    I swung around the counter and grabbed my coveralls from another room, did some quick rummaging and found my keys.  Scoring the success I tossed my coveralls aside and made for the door.  It was starting to get dark and I needed to get ready...tonight was all about me.

#5 2008-03-31 03:13:27

Grey_Tsume

Have you finished your other stories? Anyway nice job, I would like to see more.

Pain is good....it lets you know your alive.
Boredom is an ugly thing.

#6 2008-03-31 05:27:28

BlueEyesWolf

Wonderful as usual, AGW. It's nice to read a brand new story from you and interesting to do it from a female's P.O.V.

Since Aaliyah lives in the same universe as Gray Woff does, will these two meet someday?

#7 2008-03-31 15:08:43

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

they might meet.

The other stories are being reworked and will be reposted

I'm not ready for man eaters yet

#8 2008-04-03 18:26:08

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

I swung around the counter and grabbed my coveralls from another room, did some quick rummaging and found my keys.  Scoring the success I tossed my coveralls aside and made for the door.  It was starting to get dark and I needed to get ready...tonight was all about me.
    The car needed some minor things before I could take off for cruise night.  First I needed some high octane fuel, and a fresh bottle of nitrous.  Both were readily available in the shop.  I pulled the car in and had the hood up when John popped his head through the double doors.
    "Whatcha doing Ally?"
    "Getting ready for tonight."
    "You seriously street race?  I would have thought you were above that shite."
    "Girl's gotta have a vice."
    "Something that doesn't get you in anymore trouble than your already in preferred."
    "I can take care of myself John, I'm a big girl almost all grown up."
    "I know that, I'm just hoping the cops think otherwise when they arrest you."
    "We'll see..."
    I had tightened the fitting to the new bottle when he left the bay back to the front to lock up.  I put two cans of race gas in the car and fired it up.  A few months ago we had installed a supercharger, the nitrous was more to supplement the cooler air than to add power, but it did both nicely.  All together the performance was on par with a mildly modified corvette, it's only hitch was that the drive wheels were up front, otherwise it was fantastic.  The car could take corners nearly as well as it's big brother in the chevrolet lineup.
    The thing was, nobody knew WHAT I had under the hood, just that I was a girl driving a car that sounded a little different and refused to let people see what she had for a motor.  And that is how it would stay.  I checked all the fluids, made sure everything was purged and working properly, started the car, and left the shop.  I made it to the public library parking lot around eight, there were a couple cars there, but most I recognized as local cruisers. 
    I slid in between two cars and sat at an idle for a few minutes before I shut the car off.  If it wasn't for this "required" portion of the evening I'd be on the streets right now.  I had to stir up a show or two, perfect in a sport dominated by men.  They'd prey on the little girl with the girl car.  Little did they know what my girl car was capable of.
    "Hey chica, where's your boyfriend?  Or is he too scared to sit proud in front of this little car.?"
    "Scuse me?  Aren't you a little old to be driving?  You might wanna get your eyes checked old man, this car is mine, and whatever you brought...nothin by comparison."
    "You talk big game for such a little b****."  I was sizing him up, twice my size...at least, hispanic, or half hispanic more likely, meant he was coming here from Milwaukee to troll our spots for some quick cash.  It also meant he probably brought a very serious ride.  "Chica?  You listening?" He smelled like motoroil...he worked on his own ride, meant he knew what he was doing IF he was here doign what I thought he was.
    "Yea, I hear ya, but you seen me, where's your ride?"
    "Brought the silver bimmer over there...your welcome to have yourself a look, get a chance to see a real car in this hick town." Be damned if it wasnt a BMW M3, fast was the operative word.  It was fast but not quite so much I couldn't take him on home turf so long as I threw enough blind turns at him.
    "Tell you what, Hancock Road, right now, you win, keep my ride, I win...you know the drill." 
    "You have some brass chica..."  he took a long look at my breasts before addressing the rest of me.  "You'll never get my ride...but my brother could use a car, even if it is a gir's car."  He walked past me reaching for the hood latch through the open window, I grabbed his arm with a grip like a vice.  I knew that suprised him because he spun on me with a startled look.
    "Hands off the car.  Nobody looks under the hood."
    "Alright alright chica."
    "I'm not a chica you gangbanging piece of shite, after were done, your gone, In fact, after were done, keep your car, just be gone."
    He scowled at me and I returned it with a deep gutteral growl that further emphasized I wasn't someone to gently caress with.  I couldn't tell you where I had decided to growl, but this was my turf and not to be given up to an Latino gang. 
    I led the way to Hancock road.  Hancock is a rural road like most others, winding, often sharply one turn into the next, trees and ditches that would wreck a car instantly, with any luck he'd get more than wounded pride out of this.  I pulled into the road about a hundred feet and stopped on the left side.  He pulled along side and his entourage I hadn't noticed before pulled along the side in no fewer than a half dozen cars.  A few friends on my side and the quarterback in his green Mustang pulled up on my side of the road and roared it's engine a few times.
    My car's motor quietly idled with the barest hint of a pulley driven supercharger that not many people would notice.  The BMW revved a few times by my side to indicate he did indeed have a turbocharger.  I winced at the blow off valve, the hiss of air made me regret doing this.
    All I had to do was get through 4 miles of tight turns and I was home free.  There were a few straights I was sure he'd pass me on given he had the power he claimed.  I flipped the electric fan switch on, to be sure the motor stayed in the green the entire time, this would certainly test the limits of my car. 
    I watched the digital readouts on the car indicate all normal readings.  I checked everything again and gave the BMW an nod.  After a few moments, the quarterback waved both of us towards him, effectively staging the cars.  And just before he lifted his hands, the BMW purged nitrous.  gently caress!!!  I knew I was doomed but it was too late.  An instant later, in one fluid motion I was slamming the car into first gear, unleashing about half throttle to keep traction.  The car bucked a the suddent dumping of the clutch, the BMW already a full length ahead. 
    I got to see his tailights at varying distances as we worked up through the gears, I didn't so much as bother with nitrous, since now it was pointless.  The first turn I skidded through, knowing my tires had not yet built up to a sticky temperature.  I slammed down a gear to hit the next turn harder than the first.  This time the BMW's rear bumper was getting closer to my own front.  I pushed harder through the turn than I should have and slid from the bottom to the top of the turn, losing speed in the process.
    By mile three it was looking grim,  I was losing ground as he passed through curve after curve with ease.  I slipped by once only to be overtaken instantly in a short straight.  But even I know it's all end game, by now I knew he was getting cocky, and my tires were as sticky as they were gonna get.  I hit the nitrous deep in a sharp 30mph reccomended turn and rocketed past him through another series of slow S curves, it was far faster than I should have gone.  But dead man's curve was coming in less than quarter of a mile.
    That turn was a soft right, that seemed docile until it turned sharply while simulataneously going uphill and then ending with a quick twist to the left after a brief decent.  Take it too fast and either you'd skip off the road at the top of the turn or spin out on the uphill.  Both were an end to a race.  I raced towards it as fast as the car would take me. 
    The BMW was hot on my heels when I suddenly threw the car in a hard right and yanked the emergency brake, white smoke erupted from my backend as my car changed trajectory.  I let the rear end free as I dropped into 3rd gear and took the turn at almost ninety.  I knew I would make the turn but crest would send me careening over into the ditch.  For a second time I locked the back brakes, this time sliding left, I countersteered under as much power as the engine could give me, nitrous included this time.  The car dragged towards the left still accelerating, I let the rear loose just in time to crest the turn,  the BMW still hot on my heels but far to the outside, he was going to lose if not slam into the ditch.
    I saw my break and rocketed through the high speed section.  Moments later I was on the side road that would take me back to the start.  By this time the engine had been fed nitrous for nearly a full minute, four times as long as any other time.  I glanced at the gauges, the engine long since overheated, oil pressure was nearly non-existant.  Too late for any of that, I drifted the final turn and screamed past the crowd, before yanking the emergency brake bringing the car to a stop facing the crowd.  I revved the motor again, this time protesting my demand for power, I dumped the clutch and shot bck to the crowd bringing everything to a rest on the side of the road.
    I left the car idling when I got out, steam rolled up from the hood, fat lot of good it would do me if I didn't give it a chance to settle down before I shut it off.  The idle was much rougher than earlier but otherwise it ran without any mechanical noises. 
    "You just made a big mistake b****!  He don't like to lose if you know what I mean."
    "No I don't know, and you might wanna get the hell outta here, I won and that's the deal."
    "We kinda like it here, WITHOUT mouthy chicas around to ruin it."  As soon as he said it a switchblade came out of nowhere, my eyes averted to it for the barest fraction of a second, gauging it's threat.  "Now how about you hand over the keys to the car and get a ride home with the football player over there." 
    Funny how nobody sticks their neck out for a girl in distress, good thing I didn't need any help right?  "Keys are in it, take the car if you think you can."
    "Damn this b**** has a mouth, I bet she can do more than talk with it too."  He sneered at me while talking to his otherwise silent buddies.  "How 'bout it chica?   You look like you could use some latino cock."
    "Not ever.  From you at least."  He made a show of a swipe across the throat before advancing towards me.
    "Too bad."  He moved first, the knife sent out towards me, telegraphed days in advance in seemed.  Typical of someone who doesn't actually HAVE to use a knife.  I slapped the knife hand down and yanked it forward taking control of the offending object in his hand.  He lost balance and fell forward.  I wasn't until I had disabled him I saw the other three.  Yet again nobody had made a move to help me...gently caressing morons.
    I slammed my free hand into the closest throat while taking note of how close the other was.  Waiting a precious second before launching a solid kick right into his head.  I used the momentum to climb my way up and take him down in a leglock with my other leg.   The second guy forgotten for the time being I wriggled the lock tight and watch as blood escaped his brain sending him to unconcsiousness. 
    Without thought I leapt up in time to escape being broadsided by a lug wrench, but my car's hood hadn't.  I growled and slammed all of my 115 pounds into him.  It didn't work quite to plan but that was ok, I'm a girl I know tricks to get my way.  I reached up and grabbed a handful of his manliness, the pair of objects that made him at present, incredibly stupid.  With a twist he howled in agony. 
    I smiled in the only way someone does who knows they just beat every odd.  He hunched over and I shot an elbow out against the back of his head, effectively dropping him where he was.  Turning my attention to the first guy, the one who came at me with the knife, I helped haul him to his knees in front of my car.  I slammed his head against the hood, leaving a nice dish sized dent.
    Pulling him back, slightly bloodied holding his head by the hair I turned him to me.  "Alright smartass, how bout we talk about the vacancy?  You guys are gonna pack up shop and get the gently caress out of here, or I'm gonna slam your head into my car until you start leaking fluids that aren't red."
    "gently caress you."
    "Wrong answer."  I whipped his head against the hood again, for a moment he slumped before putting himself back together enough to respond.
    "He's gonna come around that corner any moment now and kill you hicks."
    "No...I don't think he will." 
    "What makes you so sure?"
    "Cuz if he made it through dead man's he'd be here by now."
    "You'll see..." He said it and just like that a slightly battered BMW rounded the corner at a very normal speed. 
    The leader got out of the car and strolled closer to me, brandishing the biggest gun I've ever seen, not that I've seen many guns. 
    "I didn't know Matt's girl was such a spitfire." Spitfire hit me hard, nobody has ever called me such, especially not a mexican gangbanger.  It was so out of place.
    "Not his girl shithead."
    "Again with that mouth."
    "You know we agreed not to touch you, but now that he's in jail, well, someone has to keep our little business deal going.  And that someone is you."
    "I don't make deals with gangbangers."
    "Oh but you got me wrong chica, this deal, you CAN'T pass up, or your as good as dead.  I really don't wanna see such a pretty little ass six feet under."
    I hadn't noticed my end of the crowd had long since vacated, the gun probably ended the show and made things very real.  Great...no witnesses.  I was pretty sure he was probably going to kill me at some point anyhow, and at that moment I saw no reason not to oblige him.  Don't mistake that as suicide, I'm not the one with the gun.
    "Kiss-my-pretty-little-ass.  I'm not spreading your shite, take your business elsewhere.  I wasn't even involved in what Matt was doing.
    "That's too bad, really.  I blinked...a bright flash, my ears were ringing, and I was wondering what happened.  I slumped down to the ground.  The guys I was fighting were stumbling back to their cars, peeling out behind me. 
    Blood welled from a spot a few inches down my shoulder, just above my left breast.  My back felt sticky.  Breathing felt like drowning.  I pushed myself up, strength was receding faster than I could build it up.  I opened my door and got in the car.  The hospital was down the main road and left on an access road.  I told myself I could make it.
    I drove down that road, after a minute or so, my mind started screaming, no....actually pleading with me.  Ally your dying...do something!  I didn't know what to do, I held my chest with my left hand, blood seeping through my fingers.  The effort was futile...I was going to die.  The car swerved and snapped me back to reality.  Not if I can gently caressing help it! I thought. 
    The car missed the turn and rode down the ditch, too late to recover I let it come to a stop.  Once it did I let the door fall open with the weight added from the odd angle.  I slipped out of the car, dripping blood on the grond as I walked.  I walked down the ditch towards the hospital, still a half mile away, and yet...I kept going.
    I tripped on something and went down, where I was going to stay, I didn't have the strength to get back up.  I slipped out of consciousness after just a few moments.

Afterlife didn't look how I thought it would, it was still pretty dark and looked very much like the ditch I was lying in, with one exception, I was watching myself from the third person, and yet there was something there. 
    I looked around, spooked at the thought that maybe I wasn't deserving of divinity, but hell didn't seem so bad compared to that ditch right then.  I kept looking until I locked eyes with a big black wolf standing right in front of my body.
    Aaliyah, you need to change, it will keep you alive, heal you even.
    I stared at the wolf, wondering how such a creature got so big.  And then something primal clicked.  I was starting at me.  I could see my eyes in that wolf.
    Now you know the truth, but this is a choice young one, you take this upon yourself, and be bound for life, or die here...but I am you, I know what choice you will make don't I?
    "I don't know how...I'm not...I can't do this.  I'm dead."
    That voice in my head spoke again, but then this whole conversation was surreal.
    Yes you do, you are me, always have been, now is the time to prove that.  Embrace me and so mote it be.
    After a second I knelt, the wolf came forward, another flash of light and the world around me spun to black.

What seemed like eternity passed before I was able to open my eyes, pain swam across me in a pile driving wave.  Wait...pain?  I wasn't dead!  Hooray!  I tried to sit up but immediatly gave up that idea when I fully opened my eyes.  This was not my body.  I stared down at black fur, moving my head I stared at two paws attached to black, fur covered legs. 
    I decided right then that this was not right.  But I was still in the place I was when I fell, my car....still in it's same spot, my clothes, hell even my bra was still hanging off me.  My brain far beyond comprehension reeled back to the bathroom floor where something similar nearly happened earlier in the day.  Drawing simple conclusions I decided I was still alive.  Far to altruistic not to be.  First I wanted to be sure this was something I could control.  I made an effort to move my arms and legs, front and back responding in kind to my demands.
    I could do this.  I made a honost attempt to get my legs under me, It took a few tries eventually requiring me to duck out of my bra and pants, which in itself took a few minutes.  So much for shredding my clothing, at least I could reuse it.  That is IF you can be human again Ally, you don't know what you gave up to live.  I shuddered at that thought but brushed it off once I succeeded in walking a few paces, it took a moment to get into the rhythm.  Once I had I stopped and took a look at my situation.
    Barring any problem becoming what I was earlier that night, I needed to keep my clothes, I was certain my car would be found, so I couldn't leave my stuff lying where it was.  I carried or dragged clothing one article at a time several hundred meters from the road to the back of an open field, most of my clothes were soaked in blood, I could taste it's copper essense on my shirt and pants.  The bra was a total loss, but I brought it anyways, leaving no trace of my clothing in the ditch.
    Without any guide I laid on a rock, I didn't know what to do, and I certainly wasn't about to press my luck.  My body, or the body I was in currently felt racked with exertion, I fell asleep moments later.

The mid-day sun woke me up, I sat up, naked as my birthday.  I picked off a few leaves and tried to rub off dried blood, touching what had been a horrific gunshot wound the night before was now a nasty pink circle of flesh with a huge bruise around it, my backside was even more tender, but I was whole, and human.  Things were looking up already. 
    I dressed and padded barefoot across the field, thankfully the only house in the area was behind a treeline.  I crossed the ditch walked down the road and found that my car was still where I left it.  I walked up to it, the ignition had been left on as had the headlights, which were very dim but still partially lit.  The door was still open when I got to it.  I tried to push the car back up the embankment but knew I couldn't do it without help.  I hadn't had the thought for a whole minute yet when I found myself digging in to the ground grunting my way back up the ditch with the car inching back up towards the road.  Once I let go I hopped around the door and yanked the emergency brake back.
    I stared at the deep footprints I had made pushing the car, and knew that things were different now.  I was strong.  No, that was an understatement.  I was stronger than a linebacker.  I weighed a buck fifteen but had no problem pushing a car up a ditch, THAT would be hard to explain to any onlooker.
    I didn't have to worry about starting the car, I could roll it down the hill and bump the engine, hopefully there was enough to power the electronics to get it going.  After the car rolled a hundred feet I let the clutch out, the car shuddered twice then came ot life with a choked backfire.  Go Ally I thought to myself.  I drove to Krista's house wanting to avoid my home like the plague.
    I knocked on the door after doing my best to wash any stains off with the waterhose on the side of their house, better to show up dirty and wet than bloodstained.  It worked marginally, leaving the blood to look more like rust or dirt stains.  My hair looked the part so it was a believable costume.
    Krista answered the door starting at me. 
    "Umm hi?  Can I borrow some clothes?"
    "Where have you been?"  She continued to stare at me.  "Friends told me you got in a fight with some gangbangers, I was sure they were mistaken, so please tell me I'm wrong and you beat up a boat motor at work or something."
    "Your wrong.  First, I beat them up, then one of them shot me, then something else happened."  I poked at the hole in my shirt, and turned around to show what was left of the exit wound.
    "They SHOT you? Ohh my god, come inside, I'll get you some clothes, are you alright?"
    "Yea I'm fine, I just want to use your shower and change, I got some things to do today."  I lied I didn't have anything to do today but I couldn't stay here.
    "Okay, you can use my bathroom, I'll um, bring you clothes okay?"
    "That's fine."

#9 2008-04-04 00:04:34

punxnotdead

I love it AGW! Great segments and I can't wait to see where it goes next!

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#10 2008-04-04 05:47:40

BlueEyesWolf

Great as usual, AGW, and can't wait to see what will happen next.

#11 2008-04-04 10:33:15

LunaSky
WereWiccaGoddess
Website

Ok I am offically hooked. I love Ally. She is an awesome chick. I feel so connected to her. Which just shows what a fantastic writer you are. When a woman can relate to your female lead then you know you are doing something right.

It was so weird reading this cause I was like yep thats me, ahha I would do the same thing, etc. I love machines so all the detail you put into the cars and motorcycles was like being in heaven. I mean seriously I was practicly salvating. I love the fact that shes such a bada$$ and can take care of herself too. It shows that no matter how tough things get you know that she will take it all and fight back.

Uh I could go on for ever...but I have to work sad ....anyway I loved it (cause she reminds me so mch of me which is so cool cause that never happens)  and I can not wait for more. Keep it coming.

I can't escape this hell
So many times i've tried
But i'm still caged inside
-Three Days Grace

#12 2008-04-06 08:49:28

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

I have another update to post tonight. 

Anyhow, I've got some stuff to do before I post it plus I want to wrap up the segment I was writing, so maybe I'll post the whole thing.

#13 2008-04-07 06:29:40

BlueEyesWolf

Oh ok.

#14 2008-04-10 12:26:50

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

"They SHOT you? Ohh my god, come inside, I'll get you some clothes, are you alright?"
    "Yea I'm fine, I just want to use your shower and change, I got some things to do today."  I lied I didn't have anything to do today but I couldn't stay here.
    "Okay, you can use my bathroom, I'll um, bring you clothes okay?"
    "That's fine."
    I trudged up the stairs to Krista's bathroom.
    Peeling off the shirt was an act in itself.  It had become a second skin between the icor and the dried congealed blood on my body.  Never would I use it again.  Shirt and pantless I stood in front of the mirror.  Prodding the pink and heavily bruised areas where I was shot hurt but it wasn't so painful I couldn't stand it. 
    How could I heal so fast, is it because of the wolf?  Because changing does that or is it something else.  I had alot of questions right about now.  Questions and not one answer.  Once again I would have to do this the hard way, trial and error.  Showering didn't slow my thoughts, I scrubbed every inch of skin for twenty minutes before I came to the conclusion that I couldn't trust anyone with this knowledge. 
    Krista would need to know something, she'd already seen far too much.  I tried as I got dressed with Krista's clothes she left on the sink, to come up with something plausible to tell her. 
I was deep in thought putting socks on sitting on the toilet seat lid when Krista came in.
    "You got shot, so how are you not bleeding or in the hospital, what did you get shot with?"
    "Hell I dunno, it was huge in his hand, he shot me here."  I pulled the shirt collar down  until it reached the top of my left breast.  The hole was bruised but distinguishable as a bullet wound, after closing.
    She poked it gingerly before making an obvious statement.  "This looks like it's a month old, when were you shot?"
    "Like I dunno, twelve hours ago?"
    "That's not possible, turn around so I can see your back."
    I did as she asked, again she poked at it.  I winced, still sore in the whole area she was prodding at.  I let out a short growl and pulled away from her.  I bit back anothe growl before realizing she heard the first. 
    "Look I guess I'm different ok, I heal fast."
    "Ally come on, healing a broken bone in 5 weeks instead of 8 thats fast, healing a cut in a day or two, thats fast, getting over the flu in a couple days instead of a week, that's fast too.  This is not normal at all."
    "I can't explain it alright, I don't know how, it must be a miracle."
    "Some miracle.  So what now, go to the police?"
    "And tell them what, that I was shot by a gangbanger, that's gonna go well with my pending charges."
    "That's not what I meant, maybe you heal fast, but that won't do you any good when you get shot in the head.  Dammit Ally your in way over your head, you need to go to the cops, maybe jail will keep you safe."
    "Matt is innocent, he told me before he shot me, they blackmailed him, protecting me, he did what they wanted, and now he took the fall."
    "So now your gonna go all vigilante?  Earth to Ally, your a seventeen year old high school student, what can you really do against some gang bangers?"
    "I dunno yet, yea probably but not today."
    "You really should let the cops handle this."
    "Matt is in jail because of me, he took the fall for something he was doing to protect me."
    "Did you know any of the guys?"
    "No, I was racing their leader, we didn't exactly hit it off, but I beat him that's when he pulled out the cannon and shot me with it."
    "So if you don't know these guys, and they aren't from around here, how do you plan to find them."
    "I smelled him, I can remember that."
    "Whoa, you remember what he smells like?  That's kinda creepy."
    "I can find him knowing that?"
    "So your a bloodhound now?"
    "No, but I can do it, and I can't explain how."
    "I'm gonna need more answers than just you telling me your okay and you can do this."
    "I..." I was standing up fixing my hair when I started getting dizzy.  "I'm really tired."
    "You don't look good, like walking dead really."  Before she could insult me further I fainted, dropping flat on my back on the bathroom floor.

I didn't wake up all at once, instead it was more of a one sense at a time.  I was able to hear and smell before anything else.  Once scents started coming my brain went into overdrive, I could recognize barely a tenth of the scents my nose was telling me about.  I decided to focus on the ones I knew.  Lysol, lots of different cleaners, cotton, gauze, sterility...hmm, hospital for sure.
    Once I opened my eyes, I realized it was indeed dark, the lights were out and it really was night time.  I looked around and found an IV running into my vein.  Nobody was with me right then.  What had happened?  The question repeated in my head as I assessed the situation.  I wasn't being actively monitored, so that much was good.  Krista was here recently, I could pick out her body wash, since it was the same I had usd earlier.
    "Hey, your awake, good maybe now we can talk."
    "Krista?"
    "In the chair, look to your right."
    "Heh, and I thought I was hearing things, how the hell did I get here?"
    "You were dehydrated and malnourished, doctors say you depleted your batteries, said you needed fluids, rest and a vitamin injection.  They took a couple blood samples, nothing has come back yet, but the nurse said they wouldn't be able to run it till morning."
    "They took my blood?"
    "Yea, a couple times."
    What would they find?  I couldn't even answer that myself, but at the same time, I've been to the doctor before, I get my yearly exam and since I play volleyball, I get a physical every season also.  Nobody has ever found anything unusual so I shouldn't have reason to worry.  Logic would lead on this one, I would be ready to take action should they find anything weird, I had to be prepared to bury the samples, the tests and the people who did my bloodwork, literally if it came to it.
    "Alright...how long till I can go home?"
    "In the morning, I'm gonna have a friend drop your car off here, your mom did the insurance paperwork and stuff so all you gotta do is rest."
    "I'm hungry."
    "There is room service, it takes them a while but it's not half bad, hospital food has a bad wrap for no reason it seems."
    I ate, I slept, all was good, until I woke up.  The IV was gone...good.  I dressed in fresh clothes Shelley had brought me.  Nobody had asked me about the closed bullet hole because there was no mark, it was redness but there was nothing there otherwise.  Two days time and I could heal from a gunshot wound.  Amazing.  Now that I thought about it, passing out makes sense, my body was fixing me, I needed resources I didn't have. 
    The wolf didn't eat anything, I could remember that.  But if I was supposed to eat, how the hell would I catch anything, I didn't know how to hunt...hell I didn't know how to become the wolf.  It was so foreign to me I still had trouble believing it happened.  If it wasn't so lucid I'd chalk it up as an out of body experience.
    On the way down to the car I caught another scent, it made something in the back of my mind cringe, letting out a small but unsettling growl as I examined the scent.  I stood where it was strongest to me, trying to get an idea of where it's path headed and how old it was.  I was learning fast, my nose a far better teacher than my eyes.  I couldn't really distinguish the scent from anything as I went outside, lost to the concrete and asphault.  But I could remember it, it was like the forest, trees and fur...another werewolf?

#15 2008-04-11 05:14:25

BlueEyesWolf

Another werewolf? Can't wait! yikes

#16 2008-04-11 10:41:57

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

Slight changes to the first paragraph

On the way down to the car I caught another scent, it made something in the back of my mind cringe, letting out a small but unsettling growl as I examined the scent.  I stood where it was strongest to me, trying to get an idea of where it's path headed and how old it was.  I was learning fast, my nose a far better teacher than my eyes.  I was trying to trace the scent, taking a step every now and then led to nothing, except for some sidelong glances from the lobby foot traffic who took my obvious sniffing as eccentric.  I blinked and looked around, sort of snapping out of a trance.  I couldn't place the scent yet but I'd be able to remember it.
    Out in the parking lot, summer let me know it was in full swing personally, by raising all kinds of tantilzing scents and sending them in my direction.  I took in hundreds of scents in the space of a minute as I walked towards my car.  I found it parked under a shade tree towards the back of the lot.  I stood in front of it and looked at the dents in the hood and front left fender.  Even the bumper was dislodged and crooked. 
    It occured to me that I should have been very much out of my league with the latino gang.  Yet I was alive.  They didn't know that, point for Ally.  I needed to rest, this was a school night, my whole weekend was wasted.  But I couldn't help but wonder about the wolf.  How, and most of all why me?
    The car wouldn't start.  Figures.  I beat the hell out of it and now it was repaying me, and there was no way I could afford the tow.  Hell with it, I'd just walk home.  It would be a long walk, but I needed to clear my head, sort things out.  I'd walked halfway across town by the time Jenny saw me.  Just the person I didn't want to see.  She pulled over and waved me towards her car. 
    It was a cute car...most definitely not my type.  I walked up to the passenger window, which rolled down as I approached.  Did I mention Jenny smokes?  Gah I hate that.
    "Need a ride somewhere?"
    "No, I'm just walkin home, I'm halfway there already."
    "You sure, I was headed to get some food, if you wanna come I'll drop you off afterwards."  Dammit my stomach was disobeying my brain.
    "Yea sure."  I'll deal with my brain later, I was hungry.
    She pulled back out into the street and started a running monologue.  I tried my best to remain casual and sparsly interested.  Right up until the subject broached my arrest a few days ago.  And the race...which nobody thankfully got to see the aftermath of. 
    "I heard you beat up a couple guys, that is so kick ass."
    "Yea, well, they were planning to use me for things I wasn't willing to participate in, figured if they wanted me bad enough they'd have to deal with me kicking the crap out of them first."
    "So I guess you weren't kidding when you said you train in martial arts.  Is there like any classes for beginners?"
    "Yes, you know where the gym is at out at the airfield?  You gotta sign up in advance, it's like a couple bucks a class twice a week.  Smaller groups so you'll get more out of it.  Don't be afraid to stop in, I spend alot of time there."
    "I will."  I started to realize that facade she posed at school was just that, and even more, she hadn't smoked in the car yet.  We pulled into a fast food joint I'd rather not name known for its expensive but incredibly good burgers, sourdough and all. 
    "What do you want?" 
    "Uhh.." I leaned over to look at the board.
    "Number 3, with a Dr. Pepper and go large, and can I get a apple turnover....no make that two." 
    "Damn girl, hungry much?  You don't worry about where that food is gonna go?"
    "Does it look like I worry about it?"
    She stared at me for a minute before deciding I did not indeed care at all about how much I ate or what it was I was eating. 
    The food was incredible, in fact up till then I hadn't noticed the fire in my stomach.  Only when the first couple bites went down did I realize how hungry I really was.  Jenny watched me down food in a third the time it took her to finish her own meal.  After the fact I kept thinking about getting more...what the hell was wrong with me...
    "So where's your car anyhow?"
    "At the hosp...errr it wouldn't start, so I walked."
    "Really?"
    "Yea.  I'll get it later."
    "Ohh, ok, you sure, I could drive you back and you can jump it."
    "I dunno if it'll start if we jump it."
    "Ohh, something wrong with it since the race?"
    "Hell I dunno really, I only drove it a couple miles since Friday."
    "I could have my dad tow it to your house."
    "Your dad?"
    "Yea he owns a junkyard, has a tow truck and everything."
    "He'd tow it for me?  I don't have alot of money."
    "Yea, just call him later, I'll tell him when I get home about it, he'll get it in the morning, probably too late now unless you need it."
    "No that's okay, I'll take the motorcycle."
    "You have a motorcycle?"
    "Yea, just got it, it's a nice bike."
    "Wow, kicks ass and rides a motorcycle...guys have to be intimidated."
    "Wouldn't know I don't date."
    "I'd have thought with all the rumors about you-"
    "Rumors?  What rumors?"
    "Everyone says your a party girl, wild I mean, I figured you were pretty in it with the guys."
    "I don't go to parties, I went to a total of two parties in my life, both ended in virtual disaster, so no I don't party, I don't date either."
    "Would you go to a party with Krista and me this weekend?"
    "I dunno, I might have to work."
    "At ten at night on a Saturday?"
    "No I guess not."
    "So you'll come?"
    "As long as you don't try to hook me up with a guy, I guess."
    "Deal."
    I directed Jenny down the last few streets and found myself in my driveway after a half mile in the countryside.  I got out, thanked her for the ride and promised to catch her at school.  For the record, aside from her smoking habit Jenny was more tolerable than I had initially thought.
    I hadn't made it in the door when Scott came out the door and held it open for me...weird didn't describe that act.  I knew something was REALLY wrong if Scott was being nice to me.  I looked at him before I walked past through the door, he touched my shoulder but wouldn't meet my eyes.
    Shelley, my surrogate mother, hugged me like I'd run if she let me go.  I pushed away from her.  Looking confused I stared at the two of them as they sat me down without words. 
    "The hospital called, they found something wrong in your blood, they want you to come back tommorow."  Shelley spoke with clipped words, like it was a struggle to say more.
    "Wrong how?"
    "Based on the chemical levels in your blood, they believe you have a degenerative immunodeficency."
    "English?"
    "Your body is fighting something, and it's losing."
    "But I feel fine."
    "I know sweetheart, but the doctors said your gonna start feeling weaker in a couple weeks.  They told us to have you back in the hospital in the morning."
    Now most girls would have a breakdown right now, me...I knew more than I could say, but I most certainly wasn't going to die from whatever was happening.  I pondered a response to the "breaking" news.
    "How many people know?"
    "Just us, the doctor said he wasn't going to jump to conclusions until they completed the tests."
    "When did he call?"
    "About a half hour ago hun, what are you thinking?"
    "Nothing, I think I need to go for a ride."
    "Alright, I won't stop you, just be careful it's getting dark out." 
    "I will."
    I slipped into my room while my guardians talked, apparently my emancipation was on hold with this latest news, that was good enough for now.  I have no time to deal with that.  I changed into a tank top, cargo pants, soft sole boots, and a leather jacket I got last year.  I grabbed a pair of open knuckle gloves so I could mask my fingerprints.  I tied my hair back and grabbed my bike key.
    I started the bike and was about to put my helmet on when I thought of something I saw in a movie.  I called the hospital.
    "Hope memorial, how may I direct your call?"
    "Hello, you had a patient checked in yesterday, my daughter, Aaliyah Grainger, against our wishes you drew blood from her, I don't want to make a big deal of it, but you see my religion forbids such things..."  I let the sentence trail off so she could digest that information.
    "Uhmm, yes I see she was in our system and had routine blood samples taken, you'll need to come down here and verify your identity and sign a non-disclosure document before we can assist you further."
    "That would be wonderful.  I'll be there shortly."
    I flipped the phone shut and donned my helmet.  I gunned the bike out onto the main road and took off in a particularly awesome wheelie.  I had to get there before they found anything else unusual.

#17 2008-04-12 08:15:13

BlueEyesWolf

Oh dear! What's next before they found out about her werewolf blood?? *Clew claws*

#18 2008-04-17 13:27:29

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

I flipped the phone shut and donned my helmet.  I gunned the bike out onto the main road and took off in a particularly awesome wheelie.  I had to get there before they found anything else unusual. 
    When I got to the hospital I was having doubts...what could I do?  How would I get the blood samples, would I have to delete computer records?  All these things flashed through my head as I loped slowly towards the front entrance deciding my best angle of approach was probably to act as if I knew where I was going.
    I walked in, and made the fastest mental note of the floor map ever.  I did a recital of the turns I needed to make and was walking directly for the lab.  It was the evening hours so there were few people in the hospital at this hour.  I trotted down a wing, past the urgent care ward and to a back elevator. 
    Waiting for the elevator gave my brain time to get worried about what I was doing.  By the time the doors opened I was staring face to face with the lab tech on duty.  No words were exchanged but he hit the button to go down.  I could end this now...
    "Hey are you the guy working on the Grainger samples?"
    "Yea, strange, there's abnormal mineral levels, hormone levels I've never encountered before, but really I think I'm just scratching the surface."
    "Nothing contagious?"
    "I doubt it, or I would've called for a quarentine."
    "Yea, she seemed fine to me, I outprocessed her paperwork this morning, sweet girl."
    "You met her?  With the things I found I'd figure she'd be pretty whacked out."
    "Huh, you mind showing me?  I was just gonna grab my bag and head home, but I can stick around if you wanna show me."
    "Hmm, I'm not supposed to let nurses in the lab, sanitary reasons, but I don't see why not, boss is on vacation so it's just me and another guy working opposing shifts for a couple days."
    "Lead the way."  The elevator doors opened and I motioned him out first.  I walked behind him, my body tensing for something I was almost sure I'd have to do to him.  If he knew as much as he did now, I couldn't let him walk away with that information.
    "Sooo, I haven't seen you around here much, work here long?"
    "A couple months, I got hired at a job fair just as I was getting out of college.  This is just something to help pay off my student loans till I get with the program and find something better."
    "Well lets see what you have and maybe the Doc should be called in if it looks legit."
    "Your call, I just do the statistical analysis."
    "I already informed the parents, they said they would have their daughter come back in the morning for more tests.  From my initial findings it appeared as if she had an accelerated growth, which pointed me towards cancer as a cause for the levels of minerals.  But I decided to do a better analysis and this is what I came up with."
    He handed me a couple pieces of paper which I looked at intently without comprehension until he motioned me over to a microscope.
    I looked inside and tried to make sense of what was going on in the pale red environment.  Cells were dividing now and then, which I was pretty sure wasn't supposed to happen in blood.
    "Why are the cells dividing?"
    "Thats just it, first I though, great a intravenous bacterial infection, which caused alot of alarm, but those cells are stem cells, in her blood right now, doing god knows what."
    "And your the only one that knows this?"
    "You and me..."
    "You can't tell anyone, not a soul, this sort of thing gets out, what do you think they are gonna do to me.. shite!  errr, her?"
    "Whoa...hang on, let me see your ID."
    I was faster than he was and I snapped my hand over his wrist and locked it down on the countertop.  I watched for his other hand to move but he kept it where it was.  Looking at my own hand confirmed I wasn't in total control, my hand had shifted into a black furred thick clawed muscular appendage.  He stared at my hand, I could smell the urine that was soaking his groin.  He was so abjectly terrified I had to wait a full minute before I spoke.
    "I don't want to do this, but if you make it difficult it will be worse than necessary."
    "Who are you?"
    "What more like it."
    He stared at me blankly, tried to mutter a word, but it came out as a whine.  I wasn't armed but he was obviously scared of this quick turn of events.  I realized that I couldn't do what I came here to do, it wasn't me.  I knew that killing him was an option, but I couldn't even think about it.
    "Look, I'm not gonna hurt you ok?  All I want is the slides, the vials and sample, along with any paperwork and your disks you made."
    "Alright alright, I'm doing it."  He got up, I let his hand go, and he went towards the fridge removing vials.  He pulled some paperwork from an inbox and some slides he had on the microscope.
    "What's your name?"
    "Josh...uhhmm, your gonna kill me aren't you?"
    "Only if you make me."
    "Your uhmm, your uh.. not..."
    "Human?  I am and I'm not, I really don't know anymore myself, but you have to swear an oath to me for both your survival and mine."
    "Yea?"
    "You never saw this blood, never found anything unusual about me other than I needed to get more iron or something. got it?"
    "Yes ma'am."
    "I'm not a bad girl okay?  I'm not ever going to hurt you so long as you keep your promise to me, you do that, I'll owe you big."  I was holding my hand behind my back sweating to concentrate on neutrality, focus on what it is to be a person, upright and...well...not hairy.  After a moment I looked at my now very normal looking hand.  I showed it to Josh, who looked in disbelief.  "I told you, I won't hurt you if you don't give me a reason to, you can trust me."
    "Dammit this is just crazy, a werewolf, I mean, that is what you are right?  That was werewolf blood?  It explains alot now that I know what it was I was looking at.  So much makes sense now."
    "Josh...the evidence, give it to me."
    "Ohh right, look mums the word."  He handed a biohazard bag with it's contents to me, I slipped it into my cargo pocket and turned on my heels to leave.
    "Wait, just one question...if you knew what I'd find, why wait this long to get the blood back?  You could've just told them no blood tests."
    "Because I didn't know, didn't know they drew blood or what they would find."
    "Ohhh, alright then."
    I backtracked up the elevator and to the main floor where I passed across the lobby and out a side entrance closer to my bike.  That was where I picked up a fresh scent, the one I found in the lobby earlier.  The closer I got to my bike, the stronger it was.  That was enough to get me to stop and look around.  I had no weapons, no knives and a gun was pointless, I didn't know how to use one.  It was dark as hell the nearest light was at the other end of the lot.  I got on the bike, and took off as quick as I could.
    Most of the way home I thought about what I had found.  Josh, he was not someone I was worried about, fear overrides everything, he wouldn't tattle, and hell even if he did, he didn't have any evidence, if he did, it was on a computer or just paperwork.  I remember being told they took two vials, and I recovered a partial vial and a full vial.
    When I pulled in the driveway I went all the way into the garage.  I walked in the house, grabbed a couple kitchen matches and a dry rag.  I went back out into the garage and found the gas can for the weed eater.  With all that I walked into the backyard a couple paces into the woodline.  I kicked the ground cover aside making a nice bare spot, dumped the contents of my cargo pocket on the ground, soaked it in gas, and lit a match. 
    It took less than a minute to burn everything, leaving glass vials and slides behind, I crushed them with my foot, and then dug them into the ground with my toe.  Evidence gone.  Bedtime for Ally, school was in the morning, hell it was morning by now.  I snuck back inside and was sleeping after a few minutes, forgetting to take off my street clothes, yea I was THAT tired.

#19 2008-04-18 05:12:22

BlueEyesWolf

Hmmm, even with that, something tells me that her troubles is far from over. After all, that doctor, Josh, DID see her hand turn into a paw.

#20 2008-04-22 06:12:14

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

Alright peeps, listen close, I'm gonna do some fictionpress posts again soon, until then same as usual. 
Also for music choices to work with this, Egypt Central- You make me sick   

Im not a morning person, of course it doesn't help that I didn't go to bed till well after midnight, and it really doesn't help I woke up late, took a quick shower and had to ride my motorcycle to school with wet hair.  I did my best to pass it off as a bad hair day by fingering the knots out of my hair on the way in.  I wasn't officially late yet, so I sprinted down the hallway and whipped the homeroom door open about a full second before the bell rang. 
    "Nice of you to join us Ally."  Mr. Jensen the least likeable history teacher, not that he was old and crusty, just that he took his job waaaay to seriously.  But not suprisingly, I didn't do all that bad in his class last year. 
    "Alarm clocked failed me."
    "Get a new one."
    "Get right on that."
    Now that the embarrasment factor was multiplied by a bajillion I could move on with my day.  Krista wasn't at homeroom nor second period...hmm.  I figured if she was sick I could find out at the office.  I headed up to the second floor, rounded the corner and opened the office door. 
    "Hi, can I find out if my friend called in sick?"
    "Sure, what's her name, I'll check."
    "Kristanna Vostok."
    "Hun, she's tardy, last two periods, and looks like a third, maybe her mother hasn't called in for her yet?  It happens sometimes, we usually wait till lunch before calling."
    "Okay."
    "Don't worry, she's just sick or playing hookie, no big deal."
    "Yea..."
    I walked out and grabbed the cell out of my pocket.  I dialed Krista's number but nobody answered.  I really didn't want to press the issue so I told myself I'd wait until lunch to try again, if nothing, I'd go over there on my way to the shop to check up on her. Lunch came and went and sure enough still no answer.
    This time I didn't hesitate, I got back on the bike and took off for Krista's house.  When I got there is when I smelled trouble.  Closer I got to the house the more I smelled chemicals.  I tried to open thefront door but the handle was locked.  Making a quick look around I grasped hard and yanked the handle, the lock mechanism snapped with a crunch and the door swung ajar.
    I stared at the handle in my hand, I honostly didn't believe I could do that, but stranger things have happened in the last two days.  I chucked the handle to the sidewalk and walked in.  Instantly the smell hit, a hint of copper and bitter smell that seemed an awful lot like blood, the further I got into the house the more te chemical smell overpowered the blood.
    I've never dealt with, seen or known what drugs are in my whole life, so when I saw the needle in Krista's arm when she was laying in her bed I assumed medication at first, but then, the needle had a coalesced substance and she had a partially loosened latex band around her arm.  I knew she was dead already, but really it hadn't sunk it that this was my friend, a drug addict and I didn't even know.  Good friend I was...
    When the cops showed up I had resolved to bawling silently on the porch steps, a few uniforms each took turns consoling me.  Nobody had reached her parents yet, but that was a matter of time.  I decided I needed to go, at least to go to work and check on things.  I resolved my grief into bitter anger wiped my eyes and took off for the shop.

When I got to the shop it was closed up for the day, but there were 5 cars in the lot.  I recognized one, the BMW from a few nights ago.  They were raiding the shop, what the hell was going on?  I hid the motorcycle before I snuck across the parking lot.  Everyone had guns, either in their hands or on their person.  This was something I wasn't prepared for.  When thug A saw me I was gonna be pretty much screwed.
    Betting on my speed and strength I had to overcome faster than they could react.  I snuck from bumper to bush to get a better angle of attack.  With enough light to see my movement I timed everything around their various drags on cigarettes or phone checking.  The guy who shot me was not outside.  I mentally noted everyone's face and opened the door to the front entrance as soon as nobody was looking.
    Inside, everything was destroyed, displays knocked over, half the merchandise was spread out across the floor, motorcycles laying on their sides, it was horrible to see that.  I hopped the counter and cracked open one of the double doors to get a peek inside.  I finally gathered up bravery to step through the door and saunter up to the guy who shot me.
    I know I'm good at sneaking but he didn't even turn around, It was too good to be true, until two guys came out of nowhere to grab me and pin me to the ground.  They were twice the usual size of a man.  I had no chance even with my new found strength, to overcome them.  Not yet at least.  I could feel my body's rebelious nature push me to a change, for the first time I knew the cause and effect.
    The guy who shot me sneered at me, gun in hand, this time I could see it clearly, it was indeed as big as I imagined, which was not good for me. 
    "Well well, the little girl survived, and I see no worse for the wear.  You think about the offer then?"
    "Yea, I did, and answer is still no."
    "Hmm, too bad, tell you what, I think I can change your mind, maybe if I kill your parents first, that might get your cooperation?"
    "They mean nothing to me...I am alone."
    "Harsh."
    "I could have your boyfriend killed in jail...that wouldn't be too difficult."
    "You son of a b****, he ends up hurt I'll spread your entrails across the parking lot."
    "You and who else?"
    My hands were trembling, twisting and convulsing, but neither guy noticed when I spread my palms open, and struck a sharp jab into the meat of their legs.  I twisted and ripped at it.  They both howled at the same time.  I leaped to my feet and dove over a table rolling across the top of a tool chest and slamming into the wall.  By now my hands and feet were responding to a change.  It was happening much faster now than I could imaging possible.  I fumbled across the tables at the end wall making my way for the breaker box, it would kill the lighting and give me an advantage if I could get to it without catching a bullet.
    I had just ran across a gap in tables when the first bullet nearly struck home, scooping up a wrench big as my arm I lobbed it in his general direction, he ducked but I wasn't paying attention to him, my eyes were focused on the breaker box.  I got to it, yanked the door open and rather than fumble with individual breakers I cut the main breaker and everything went dark, there were no windows in the shop and the doors were shut.  Slight ambient light came through the double doors from the exterior windows out front.
    I rolled off the table onto the floor howling in mad rage.  I couldn't do this right now, I had to get up and fight.  STAY HUMAN I thought, but it was useless at this point.  I tried everything to keep from doubling over, but the more I thought to keep control the faster things progressed.  Hunkering down I recited a oath of calm I learned in martial arts.  After a few seconds my heart rate cut in half and I could breath and think. 
    I looked at my hands, I could feel the thickened digits and claws, the hair on my body my legs were almost foreign, and my face, I touched but didn't linger, I was not human at all anymore.  At least I was still upright.  What the? My ass hurts sooooo bad, I felt my ass to find that something was stuck haphazardly in my jeans.  I undid a button dropped my jeans a little to find none other than a nearly three foot tail reveal itself.  Shock was beyond me at that point, I had enemies in the shop and I wasn't having any of it.

I can feel it coming in the air tonight...

Can you feel it coming in the air tonight?

I crept behind one guy, growled and and shifted position, he shot at the sound, but I was already gone.  I tapped him, he wheeled and I punched him hard in the face, bones cracked, and he fell in a heap, that was almost too easy.  The second guy I snuck behind and put him in a lock, I used one hand to take a firm hold on his throat, he made a soft choking sound, but otherwise did not try to escape.  I breathed hot moist fear right down his throat,  I turned him around, pinning him to a tool chest, He stared at me in the twilight, I can't tell you what he saw but it wasn't enough resolve to hold his bladder.
    "Now you die..."  I squezzed his throat, crushing his larynx, he began to choke involuntarily immediatly.  Before I could turn I was hit across the skull with the same wrench I threw earlier.  The floor came up to meet me, I had just enough wit to throw my hand out to block the impact of the floor.  The wrench came down again and cracked against my skull, which then bounced off the concrete.  My body was retreating, losing the fighting form as I slipped past awareness,  In the darkness he's never know what was really going on.
    When the wrench came down a third time I know I heard a crack.  Blood streaked across the floor as he dragged me through the double doors, I could do nothing but watch and mumble, when I came into the light I looked like a normal girl at least my limp arms did.  He pulled me across the showroom floor and out into the parking lot. 
    There was some talking but I couldn't make it out.  I lay there slipping in and out of awareness.  Then the wrench came down again glancing off my ear, I heard another crunch and that would be the last thing I can remember.

#21 2008-04-22 08:26:47

BlueEyesWolf

Boy, talk about your bad day...... and just how she is going to get out of this mess???

*Clew claws*

#22 2008-05-10 13:10:36

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

"Hey man you can't just leave her here, she's a gently caressin witness, we gotta kill her."
    "I ain't plannin to leave the chica layin here.  We take her with, if she comes to we show her a good time.  After that, when she's dead, dump her in Lake Michigan."
    "You got it."

I am a worm before I am a man.
I was a creature before I could stand.
I will remember before I forget.   

Three days later...

I'm suffocating...

Where am I???

It's cold...

I pushed up with my feet and arms and got nothing.  I tried to move the lid of my container but could get no leeway.  I reserved a hard kick and slammed it in the lid, which buckled.  Except now water poured in around the malformed crack created by my kick.  The water was cold but not frigid.  Not yet... 
    I couldn't tell how far underwater I was, but I slammed a fist as hard as I could into the lid, it buckled again, I repeated it, this time the lid simply folded to my strength, and the pressure of the water outside.  Escaping the deep freezer coffin was priority, which now meant this was my last full breath until I was at the surface.  I flipped over, no easy task when trapped in such a small space and used my strength to break the door from it'e hinge the large cable that was wrapped around it snapped in the wake of my rage.
    Pressure beared down on me, as did the cold, I couldn't see anything totally pitch black, I swam up for over a minute without breaking surface, my energy was giving out and it became more floating to the surface trying to remain conscious long enough to breath when I got there.  Light started to appear as everything else got dim.  I lunged for it and a few moments later I broke the surface, panic breathing until I could think again.
    I could see the shore, I clawed my way up on the wavebreak.  I had no clothes.  Which was just as well, since I couldn't remember what I was doing at the bottom of a lake in a freezer.  Obviously I was left for dead. 
    Twilight was clawing it's way throught the sky, unsure if it was morning or not I zipped between cover until I was creeping along the docks.  I needed clothes before anything else.  I jumped from the dock to the first candidate vessel, a nice mid sized cabin cruiser.  Landing on the deck in almost total silence I scented the air from instinct, while pausing to wonder why I was sniffing the air.  Nothing.  Water, lingering smell of oil and not much else.  I tested the door handle, it was locked and a stout lock at that. 
    One quick glance out onto the dock and I focused on the door handle.  With a grunt of effort the internal components popped and the door opened for me.  Inside was a few bits of snack food, some soda and a small selection of bathing suits, as well as a few towels.  I dug through as much as I could without making a mess, ate some of the food, drank three sodas, donned t shirt and bikini bottom and set out to find another unoccupied boat.
    The second boat had normal street clothes, pants and a tank top with the band sevendust on the front.  No shoes that fit me, but I found flip flops, good enough to get by.  Now that I was clothed I needed to find out what happened.  I couldn't remember anything, not even my name.  I had gotten a look at myself in the mirror.  Nothing sparked, only that I was battered and probably very lucky to be alive. 
    Breakfast was on my mind when I walked into the first diner I saw, I figured out I was in Milwaukee by this time.  It was obvious from the climate and various shop signs.  I ordered an omelet and pancakes, not having a clue how I'd pay for them I left before I was served.  Once again out on the streets I was left clueless. 
    I ran through my options, one, go to the police, but why would someone go to all the trouble of dumping me past the docks?  And knowing that, going to the effort to do it meant they were satisfied I was dead, and that I was probably not going to attract too much attention so long as I stayed away from people who'd do just that.  Cops are notorious for attracting attention. 
    "Excuse me miss?"
    I wheeled on the man behind me, he smiled when I turned.  "Yea?"
    "You left without eating, is something wrong?"
    "No..I mean I left my purse in the boat..I feel kinda stupid."
    "I'll pay for it, eat, it's not a big deal you can repay if you like after you eat so your food wont be cold."
    "It's alright, but no thank you I need to get going anyhow."
    "You sure?"
    He had to say it...the offer made my stomach churn with desire.  I was VERY hungry.
    "Yea, I'll take you up on that."
    "Alright then, after you m'lady."  He made a gesture towards the cafe and even opened the door for me, I stood there unsure of the gesture for a split second but entered anyways. 
    Midway through the meal he started speaking, Nothng but simple coversation, but it was jogging my apparently lame memory.  I remembered my name for starters, even had a recollection of the last few weeks of my life, but couldn't remember where I lived or what happened to me. 
    "How did you end up at the riverfront anyhow, don't see many unaccompanied girls around here unless they are the working type."
    "Be honost, I don't really know, someone dropped me off here after giving me a badass knob on my head."
    "Your head looks fine to me."
    "Been out a few days I figure, they kinda left me in a boat."  A half lie.
    "Someone must not like you too much."
    "No...they don't, but I'm here, so now I move on."
    "Good to see your kind around, I was starting to think there weren't any of you guys left."
    "My kind?"
    He suddenly thrust a hand forward I intercepted it on reflex with a speed and strength alien to me.  He smiled and waited for me to release his arm, then reached for my orange juice.  I watched intently as he gripped the glass and an instant later it froze solid.  Then without a word turn the glass upside down and out came a very solid chunk of juice.  I poked it and looked at him.
    "Neat trick."
    "Party trick compared to you.  I don't have strength and speed, nor can I change shape, must be impressive."
    "I can't ch-" I lowered my voice two notches "I can't do that, your crazy."
    "I put up a veil, nobody can hear us talk."  I blinked, beyond my understanding I just thought about what I was experiencing.
    "You don't know do you?"  My blank expression confirmed it.  "Werewolves aren't by themselves yanno, there's a council one for each major race, and then a tribunal for all the major races, mostly we police ourselves, but sometimes, the tribunal sends a reeve.  I'm a second year reeve, about to finish my apprenticeship and be assigned to The Great Lakes area."
    "How did you know?"
    "Tell tale signs really, one you ate too much for the average girl, but I knew when you hesitated at the door, you scanned the cafe before you went in.  Then when you sat down you faced the door, Wolves do that in unfamiliar territory so once I figured you weren't from around here I did another test."
    "The sudden movement?"
    "Aye, only a werewolf could react THAT quickly, maybe a vampire, but there aren't many left, maybe forty tops, and they don't really hang out in America, we are a bastion of dispicable traditions."
    "You said there is a council?"
    "Was, werewolves don't have the numbers to support an actual council but one of them has a seat on the Tribunal.  There are no werewolf reeves, last one was killed a few years ago while I was in college."
    "What are you?"
    "Ahh the million dollar question, Wizard I guess, with a weather affinity.  I can change the temperature of things, call in a hail storm, stuff like that, nothing large scale, might be able to do it in this cafe, but too much influence outside for anything major league.  If we fought, I couldn't stop you, I can slow you down, give me a chance to outwit or escape, but one on one, werewolf hands down."
    "I'm pretty new to this, it's alot to take in right now."
    "Understandable, scared me too the first time it rained in the kitchen."
    "Wow."
    "My mom was less than pleased."
    "I can imagine."
    "You still don't remember everything do you?  It's alright it'll probably all come back in the next day or two, in the meantime you can use one of our safehouses until your ready to go back."

#23 2008-05-11 05:18:02

BlueEyesWolf

Ooh, so here's another werewolf. I wonder what's next.

#24 2008-06-13 14:28:19

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

I rewrote the last bit, I didn't want to go the noir angle, Jim Butcher does that, I prefer to stick with werewolves and not get complicated unless its specific to the story.

SOOOOOooo here goes.

I'm suffocating...

Where am I???

It's cold...

I pushed up with my feet and arms and got nothing.  I tried to move the lid of my container but could get no leeway.  I reserved a hard kick and slammed it in the lid, which buckled.  Except now water poured in around the malformed crack created by my kick.  The water was cold but not frigid.  Not yet... 
    I couldn't tell how far underwater I was, but I slammed a fist as hard as I could into the lid, it buckled again, I repeated it, this time the lid simply folded to my strength, and the pressure of the water outside.  Escaping the deep freezer coffin was priority, which now meant this was my last full breath until I was at the surface.  I flipped over, no easy task when trapped in such a small space and used my strength to break the door from it'e hinge the large cable that was wrapped around it snapped in the wake of my rage.
    Pressure beared down on me, as did the cold, I couldn't see anything totally pitch black, I swam up for over a minute without breaking surface, my energy was giving out and it became more floating to the surface trying to remain conscious long enough to breath when I got there.  Light started to appear as everything else got dim.  I lunged for it and a few moments later I broke the surface, panic breathing until I could think again.
    I could see the shore, I clawed my way up on the wavebreak.  I had no clothes.  Which was just as well, since I couldn't remember what I was doing at the bottom of a lake in a freezer.  Obviously I was left for dead. 
    Twilight was clawing it's way throught the sky, unsure if it was morning or not I zipped between cover until I was creeping along the docks.  I needed clothes before anything else.  I jumped from the dock to the first candidate vessel, a nice mid sized cabin cruiser.  Landing on the deck in almost total silence I scented the air from instinct, while pausing to wonder why I was sniffing the air.  Nothing.  Water, lingering smell of oil and not much else.  I tested the door handle, it was locked and a stout lock at that. 
    One quick glance out onto the dock and I focused on the door handle.  With a grunt of effort the internal components popped and the door opened for me.  Inside was a few bits of snack food, some soda and a small selection of bathing suits, as well as a few towels.  I dug through as much as I could without making a mess, ate some of the food, drank three sodas, donned t shirt and bikini bottom and set out to find another unoccupied boat.
    The second boat had normal street clothes, pants and a tank top with the band sevendust on the front.  No shoes that fit me, but I found flip flops, good enough to get by.  Now that I was clothed I needed to find out what happened.  I couldn't remember anything, not even my name.  I had gotten a look at myself in the mirror.  Nothing sparked, only that I was battered and probably very lucky to be alive. 
    Breakfast was on my mind when I walked into the first diner I saw, I figured out I was in Milwaukee by this time.  It was obvious from the climate and various shop signs.  I ordered an omelet and pancakes, not having a clue how I'd pay for them I left before I was served.  Once again out on the streets I was left clueless. 
    I ran through my options, one, go to the police, but why would someone go to all the trouble of dumping me past the docks?  And knowing that, going to the effort to do it meant they were satisfied I was dead, and that I was probably not going to attract too much attention so long as I stayed away from people who'd do just that.  Cops are notorious for attracting attention. 
    "Excuse me miss?"
    I wheeled on the man behind me, he smiled when I turned.  "Yea?"
    "You left without eating, is something wrong?"
    "No..I mean I left my purse in the boat..I feel kinda stupid."
    "I'll pay for it, eat, it's not a big deal you can repay if you like after you eat so your food wont be cold."
    "It's alright, but no thank you I need to get going anyhow."
    "You sure?"
    He had to say it...the offer made my stomach churn with desire.  I was VERY hungry.
    "Yea, I'll take you up on that."
    "Alright then, after you m'lady."  He made a gesture towards the cafe and even opened the door for me, I stood there unsure of the gesture for a split second but entered anyways. 
    Midway through the meal he started speaking, Nothing but simple conversation, but it was jogging my apparently lame memory.  I remembered my name for starters, even had a partial recollection of the last few weeks of my life, but couldn't remember where I lived or what happened to me. 
    "How did you end up at the riverfront anyhow, don't see many unaccompanied girls around here unless they are the working type."
    "Be honest, I don't really know, someone dropped me off here after giving me a bad ass knob on my head."
    "Your head looks fine to me."
    "Been out a few days I figure, they kinda left me in a boat."  A half lie.
    "Someone must not like you too much."
    "No...they don't, but I'm here, so now I move on."
    "Good to see your kind around, I was starting to think there weren't any of you guys left."
    "My kind?"
       “Nevermind.  How's your food anyhow?”
    “Fine I guess.”
    “Your not from around here I take it.”  I looked up from between shovelfuls of food and stared at him blankly.  “What I mean is you need a place to stay.  But first I was wondering if you can meet some friends of mine back at the campus, they might be able to help you with your memory.”
    “That's kind but I need to get going.”
    “Yea? Where to?”
    “I...uhm...I'm not sure yet.”
    “Okay you know what, how about you meet my friends in a public place, and draw your own conclusions from them.  Believe me they would love to meet someone like you.”
    “Yea, alright...where?”
    “The university library.”
    “Okay, I'm alright with that.”
    “Let me go make a call, I'll be right back and then we can go.” He excused himself, got up and went to the back of the establishment to use the phone.  I heard the conversation, but there was nothing to lead me astray to my honest assessment of him.  He ended the call, came back out smiling and picked up the check .  “Wow...they got expensive...”
    “Wish I could help...”
    “No no, quite alright.  I'm not complaining to you, just the world in general, so much changes so fast...and were still so young.”
    He hailed a cab to the campus, all the while I was thinking about the stolen clothes I was wearing.  I thought about the hushed conversation he had between the people we were about to meet with and himself on the phone.  I wasn't terribly worried at this point...more aggravated everything had come down to playing around with college age men.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if this guy thought I was a whore...sure would explain the "my kind" paraphrasing.
    When we got to the campus I easily got lost in the sights and sounds.  My brian worked in overdrive to catalog every experience, last week's grass clippings rotting in the edges of the sidewalks, guys using too much deoderant, or worse...hair gel.  I stopped a few times, shutting my eyes and just scenting the air, fresh, almost clean, we were still close to the lake.
    "Uhh can I ask what your doing?"
    I snapped out of the trance I put myself in. "Ohh uhmm, been a while since there was so much to see."
    "You were sniffing the air."
    "Smells good I guess."
    "Well the guys are waiting over there so if your ready, we can go meet them."
    "Sure."
    As I approached it looked more and more like I was meeting the chess club or maybe the audio visual majors, those classic geeks, except they weren't geeky persay, more eccentric.  I was used to that, it was the category I fit in best.  And there were girls.  Everyone looked at me, following my every move.  I smiled best i could manage and sat down in the middle of the table.  It was a big picnic table and the only two on my side was me and the new friend.
    "Hello, on my left is Jon, to my right is Nick, I'm Dev and you've met Indy."
    I looked at him cocking a brow.  "Your name is Indy?"
    "Uhhh, yea."
    "No actually it's Tyler, except he really like Indiana Jones, ask him about the hat" Dev was likeable already. 
    "That makes more sense, I was wondering what self respecting college student wears a hat like that."
    "Alright were all introduced, what's your name and I assume your from around here?"
    "Aaliyah Grainger, And I live about an hour away, honostly, I think I just partied way too hard and everyone left without me." Score one for a good lie.
    "I see, well were here to help."  I was daydreaming the next few seconds when someone walked by diverted path and swooped up a backpack.
    Everyone screamed at once, I was the only one to leap up and over the table and take off at a dead sprint right for the thief.  He saw me after him and diverted course towards a building.  I was running at full tilt when someone walking by presented a perfect option.  I yanked a nearly full bottle of Sobe from someone and used it as a missile against the attacker.  One half second earlier and I have missed completely, instead it hit him square in the back of his head, he tumbled forward.  I trotted up to him, drop kicking him to his side. 
    "What the gently caress you freak!"
    "Give me the bag." I smashed a foot in his ribs then hauled him up and off his feet holding him by the collar with one hand.  "Now."
    "Okkay okay ok!"  He dropped the bag instantly. "Don't hurt me please!"
    "Your not worth it, not in the least...get a real job coward."
    I tossed hm away from me and turned around, where the four I just met were staring at me wide eyed with a small conscession of students gawking along with then.  I shrugged and before anyone could say anything the man took off. 
    "Uhmm, Ally, he's getting away."
    "I know, I like chasing...it's fun."  I took off at a pace rivaling olympic track stars.  He didn't get far, I tackled him, pinnin him to the ground.
    "What the hell!" I cuffed him in the back of the head with his face in the dirt. 
    "What do you need the bag for?"
    "None of your business!"  I took in his scent, the same scent that was all over Krista's room, and in the needle. On a hunch I searched his pockets, finding a tin for breathmints in his cargo pocket.
    I started getting up when he moved from under me.  I drove a knee in his back.  "I didn't say get up.  You needed something to pawn didn't you?"
    "Why the gently caress do you care, it wasn't your bag."
    Opening the tin revealed a hypodermic, a small baggy with ashy looking powder in it and a length of cut latex, along with a spoon and previously used cotton ball. The smell was rank with the same drug I encountered earlier.  "You needed more of this didn't you?"  I pulled the baggy out he turned his head to look at it, not speaking just sorta staring.  "I'm talking to you buddy."
    "What if I did?"  I sighed and hauled him to his feet then extended my arms up picking him off his feet by his dirty shirt collar.
    "I'm only going to ask once before I snap your worthless neck.  I'm not what you think I am, but I am a whole lot more dangerous.  So let's start with some yes and no questions hmm?  Go ahead and nod your head."
    He nodded furiously.
    "Good.  Where did you get this shite?"
    "I don't remember."  I shook him in midair.  He settled into a fit of sobbing.
    "Think about it, where, who gave it to you."
    "Across the street from a deli, on 134th.  It's this townhouse, a bunch of people stay there, this one guy comes twice a month to collect, he's latin, that's all I know, I don't know names."
    I set him on the ground, he was a few inches taller than me but drugs had stunted his muscle development to make him unhealthy. 
    "Got an actual address?"
    "Yea, 1400 block, the numbers fell off the house, all that's left is the 1."
    "Check yourself into rehab, I'm keeping this"
    "That's my shite!"
    "Are you pushing the issue?"
    "Uhh, no."
    "What's this shite feel like?"
    "Like waking up dead, your so numb nothing hurts."  That was just creepy.
    I let him go and walked back to Tyler.  He was looking at me, awe struck. 
    "What the hell was that about, your some sort of bodybuilder?"
    "Do I look like a bodybuilder?  And check this out, he wanted more of this, I slapped the tin into his hand, he opened it."
    "Drug money?  Damn there's alot of this shite going around lately."
    "Yea, and I think I know who I need to talk to next.  Can you get one of your friends to drive me home?"
    "I think so, but your gonna have to explain what the big deal is about some junkie stealing a laptop."
    I sighed, outwordly it looked like defeat.  I kept walking as everyone I had met went back to the picnic table.  I sat down and rubbed my temples trying my best to avoid the questions.  Now I knew this drug was the enemy, it had taken away my best friend, taken away my boss and nearly killed me when I was snooping.  I didn't even know anything about it, but I know who would.
    "Sorry guys, gah what a way to meet a new girl, but I have a favor to ask."
    "Sure, anything, you totally kicked ass back there, I just wanna hang out till you kick more ass and I can get it on tape."  Tyler elbowed Nick and we looked at each other across the table.
    "Ok look, I know it seems weird but I'm not what you think I am, and I'm pretty sure if I was I'd be dead right now.  Some guys tried to strong arm me into trafficking, when I wouldn't do it, they killed me, I was pretty sure of that until I woke up inside a freezer at the bottom of the bay. This drug, it killed my best friend, it put my boss in jail, and I've got nothing to go on."
    "That's some wicked story you got.  But I think you are what we think you are." Nick said with a smile.
    "And that's why we can't let you live.  Your dangerous." Dev said it with a smirk, like she had said that exact phrase before.  I was pondering that when she produced a large caliber pistol with a cylindrical attachment on the end.  "It's silver."
    "I'm not allergic to silver."
    "Your not?" Tyler gave me a quizical look.
    "No, what the hell is this, you pull a gun on me after pretending to be my friends."
    Dev jacked the slide back, catching a round in midair while still training the pistol on my chest.
    "Take it.  If your lying, this will prove it and I'll kill you right now, in public."
    She tossed the bullet at me and i snatched it from the air.  I clenched it for a moment.  Releasing to rest in my hand.  Showing it's lack of effect.  I rolled the bullet back and forth across my palm.  I stared at my audience all wincing in mock pain.
    "What did you expect? Was my skin supposed to boil?"
    "Your not a werewolf...but we saw your strength and Tyler said your metabolism was incredible.  And I look at your eyes, eyes of a wolf."
    "I told you, I'm not what you think I am."
    "Hexenwolf actually...see silver is a symbol of purity, and people who take the demon bargain, becoming blood thirst wolves by night are severely allergic to it.  So how are you not?"
    "I dunno, maybe I'm not blood thirsty, I wasn't bitten by anyone and I didn't accept a bargain from any demon."
    Dev stared at me for a long while.  Eventually she sighed and put the gun back in her pack.  "So  if your not a demon wolf, what are you?  You survived the worst beating I've ever seen.  I watched them dump you in the bay, I thought they did the job for us, but Tyler wanted to make sure you wouldn't survive so he figured on staying til morning.  Glad he did."
    "Spying on me?  Accusing me of being evil, and then forcing me to hold silver at gun point?  Not good ways to make friends."
    "It's precautionary, we've lost a few to some of the smarter hexenwolves."  Dev was the only one talking.
    "We?  What do you guys do?"
    "Strong-arms of the church, Sector seven but you'll never hear that quoted again, none of us are terribly religous, you just cant be in this line of work.  WHAT are you?  Be honest with us, we'd like to help if we can."
    "I am a werewolf, for real, a few nights ago now, I was shot, I tried to drive myself to the hospital, but I passed out on the way and hit a ditch.  I crawled out of the car, thats when I saw the wolf, except the wolf was me, I crawled to it, and I woke up wolf, everything, my fur, my teeth, my legs and tail.  Since then I've been after the people who tried to kill me, twice now."
    "You just took that in stride?"
    "What other choice do I have?  Work for me or against me was my thought."
    "So about this ride, do you still want it or are you too afraid to take a ride from people who just threatened your life?"
    "You believe you were threatening me?  I was ready to rip that gun away from you with the hand attached...threaten me...good luck..."

#25 2008-06-13 14:46:29

punxnotdead

Wow! Really nice segment, AGW! You have such descriptive talents of his arduous swim. Excellent!
This time don't keep me waiting so long wink

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

Board footer