Nice hand, better than mine.

<3

#202 2008-06-12 09:19:32

werer
Sniffer
Website

Re: The Artistic approach of Werer made public

I used my hand as a reference

There's a method to my madness, and a madness to my method.
When you feel your skin startin' to itch, and your senses start to reel, it's werewolf time!
*Sniff sniff* I smell art! big_smile

#203 2008-06-12 09:20:07

werer
Sniffer
Website

lots of erasing, and I'll have that tutorial for the hand up by tomorrow

When you feel your skin startin' to itch, and your senses start to reel, it's werewolf time!

#204 2008-06-16 07:40:38

werer
Sniffer
Website

new update for comic, I'm laughing at it, it looks so much better than my original scan

#205 2008-06-16 07:41:08

werer
Sniffer
Website

werer wrote:

scanner bust

#206 2008-06-16 11:41:12

wolfsongx

werer wrote:

werer wrote:

scanner bust

Bummer man.  sad

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#207 2008-06-16 18:33:30

werer
Sniffer
Website

wolfsongx wrote:

werer wrote:

werer wrote:

scanner bust

Bummer man.  sad

fixed now big_smile

#208 2008-06-16 19:15:04

werer
Sniffer
Website

Yo, here it is, Werer's hand drawing tutorial. Remember, light lines, and 2b pencil works best, an eraser will help dramatically

1. first we draw a trapezoid with the long side up, you want to try and get it as if your hand has no thumb or fingers, if you can't imagine it, try putting paper over the unwanted appendages, or if you can stand the pain, try to look at the back of your hand with your fingers and thumb tucked in, and use the other hand to cover the arm, the trapezoid should just cover the big part of the hand. and have a shape like it.

2. Draw a triangle to the right (or left if you so prefer, just remember to inverse later directions) the triangle will reach about 5/8 of the way up the 'block' of the hand (mine isn't that good an example).

3. draw two ellipses, or ovals demonstrating the joints in the thumb, try to have them overlapping so that it is a 'joint', even to the triangle, we will use these ovals to help draw over the outline of the hand. If you look at the palm of your hand, you'll see that the second joint of the thumb is just a little below the first joint on the fingers, remember not to make the first oval too big, and the second oval is always smaller, even if only just.

4. draw five evenly placed lines to demonstrate where the fingers will come from. Makes work much easier later.

5. draw an oval around the whole hand, make it light so it can just about be ignored, use the edge of the thumb as a guide as to where to start. for the other side of the hand, draw past it with the oval so you leave space for the finger, or if you want, you can draw a flatter side to the oval and make that touch the hand. this will help to give an idea of the length of the fingers.

6. draw three circles for each of the fingers (i drew four for the middle one by mistake, try to keep to three) remember that each of the ovals gets smaller as it gets further away from the hand. the joints will also help with drawing the bend lines in the fingers and the thumbs.

7. now, the finishing parts, draw lines along the outsides of the circles and curving at the top of each finger, don't forget the thumb. then in between each of the fingers, put a little curve, like a rounded 'V', and even draw a large 'V' curve for the thumb.

8. rub out the lines so that they become faint so that you can start again, but only on the outline (hence why using a 2b pencil and light lines), for each of the circle joints you place a little line like you see on the insides of you hand, if you want to draw the outside of you hand, draw the circle like lines on each joint and something for the knuckles, a small curved line would do and don't forget the nails. for the insides, you will have to look at your hands, and see the crease lines and place them in.

9. finally ink it all in when you're satisfied. and colour, I can't help you on colour, but there would be many who would. Keep in mind, my art is basic drawings, you may alter it as you wish to get desired results. Fun drawing everyone.

10. if you feel comfortable with that, try changing the directions of the ovals so that the fingers can be more free, i haven't yet found a good way to draw hands on its side, but if you manage to do that, the ovals can be pivoted so as to bend and flex like normal fingers

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/WererStritchy/handtutorial.jpg

Last edited by werer (2008-06-16 19:17:30)

#209 2008-06-16 20:20:18

wolfsongx

Ah I see.  Very cool, thanks for the tutorial.  I think this will help!  smile

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#210 2008-06-16 20:53:17

werer
Sniffer
Website

You're welcome, any ideas for what to draw? I'm still focussing mainly on the heads, hands and faces

#211 2008-06-17 03:10:50

werer
Sniffer
Website

Wow, a psychologist just looked at my drawings and she asked me if I could draw sketches of different scenes for her clients to look at and explain what they're feeling, I didn't even know that such a thing was done like that, what do you think out there?

#212 2008-06-17 10:54:13

wolfsongx

werer wrote:

You're welcome, any ideas for what to draw? I'm still focussing mainly on the heads, hands and faces

Not yet, I'm still getting settled in my new den.  Let me think for a bit.  smile

#213 2008-06-17 18:11:04

werer
Sniffer
Website

*nods emphatically*

#214 2008-06-24 21:20:14

werer
Sniffer
Website

I just figured out something for small hand making, if you make the oval first, then you attach the thumb, you can use the oval as guidelines for the fingers, it may not work for some people, but it seems to work better for me, it's more for small hands, like the stuff you see in a comic strip, like mine tongue and my comic just updated, finally.

#215 2008-06-25 04:46:12

punxnotdead

Very nice!
I saw on Art Attack how to draw hands. You begin with an oval, which is the palm and then make three sausage shaped ovals stacked on top of one another. That way, it replicates the exact digits of one's finger. The thumb only consists of two stacked sausages, though.

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#216 2008-06-25 18:15:03

The Busboy
Administrator

werer, on your website link, are you starting your own online werewolf comic?

#217 2008-06-25 18:26:34

werer
Sniffer
Website

big_smile Yup.

#218 2008-06-25 18:45:04

The Busboy
Administrator

Cool!  And please feel free to start a forum topic for your webcomic in the "Werewolves on the Internet" section.  I like that first one on your site!  Nice job!  Nice art!

#219 2008-06-26 06:19:23

werer
Sniffer
Website

I... didn't even realise there was such a topic, shows how little I know about this place. but I'll hang off a bit as I will be on holidays for a copule of weeks

#220 2008-06-26 14:23:39

punxnotdead

werer wrote:

I... didn't even realise there was such a topic, shows how little I know about this place. but I'll hang off a bit as I will be on holidays for a copule of weeks

You should check out all of the topics, and trust me, it'll surprise you what's on there. I recently found the Werewolfs on the Internet section and I'm amazed by the wonderful strips.

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#221 2008-06-27 02:51:45

werer
Sniffer
Website

there's about 25 comic strips that I visit regularly, I wonder if my computer would crash if I added any more.

#222 2008-06-27 03:23:08

werer
Sniffer
Website

And a new drawing I am making by demand.  All criticism welcome, as I really need to make it look good in the final production of it.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/WererStritchy/smallkidhandsincatchposition.jpg

#223 2008-06-27 14:58:48

punxnotdead

Very nice anatomy, though I may suggest making the fingers a wee bit bigger. Other than that, I think you did and excellent job!

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#224 2008-06-27 20:33:33

werer
Sniffer
Website

It's supposed to be a kid's hands, they are meant to be that way

#225 2008-06-27 22:20:44

werer
Sniffer
Website

Going away for two weeks, bye all, be back soon!

Board footer