The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2004-06-30 13:05:27

The Busboy
Administrator

Harry Potter's The Prisoner of Azkaban's Werewolf, cool or not?

Sorry, but I have to go with...NOT!  The action figure is a definite NOT in my opinion.

#2 2004-07-02 10:54:54

slave2moonlight

Re: Harry Potter's The Prisoner of Azkaban's Werewolf, cool or not?

Saw and loved the movie, but the werewolf's look was a big disappointment. He had virtually no hair. The most annoying thing was that the dog character that Black would change into looked a lot more like a proper werewolf. But I was happy that the werewolf was a good guy, even if he wasn't when he transformed into the beast.

#3 2004-11-20 16:12:02

The Busboy
Administrator

Anybody buying this movie when it somes out on Tuesday Nov. 23rd?

#4 2004-11-20 20:07:47

slave2moonlight
Website

I definitely will add it to my collection, though I'm not sure if I will be able to get it on the day/week it comes out. I LOVED the movie and can't wait to get it, though! Hopefully, I'll be able to snag it and Van Helsing (among a few others) before Christmas, but we'll see. I did manage to pick up "Elf." Hilarious movie and Zooey Deschantel is dreamy! (off topic, I still need to catch up in "slave2moonlight's forum," answering questions and stuff, but I haven't forgotten. I'll try to do that sometime before dawn).

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -- "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" -- "What's that star on the wall for?" -- "I've got a bad feeling about this." -- "I didn't get a 'harumph' outta that guy!" -- "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do."

#5 2004-11-21 19:20:02

RedStreak

slave2moonlight wrote:

Hopefully, I'll be able to snag it and Van Helsing (among a few others) before Christmas, but we'll see.

*does his happy dance around slave2moonlight - holding up his copy of VanHelsing he got in October* big_smile

Na-na-nana-na-na! tongue

I'm half-curious about how the Harry Potter werewolf looks - I've only seen glimpses of it in previews.  Eh...I'm not expecting a testosterone-dripping, snarling, fur-of-fury VanHelsing-style werewolf.  If werewolves were indeed real, I'm sure they'd have their fair share of wimpish types.

"Let the trails lead where they may, I will follow"
-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#6 2004-11-24 06:10:09

BlueEyesWolf

Red, I have seen the movie at the theaters last summer and I was very disappointed with that "Harry Potter" werewolf. He looked like a wet greyhound! Black, on the other paw, looked more like a wolf even he's supposed to be a big black DOG!

#7 2004-12-07 01:28:38

slave2moonlight
Website

Hey! I finally snagged the movie a while back! Not sure if I already mentioned that on the forums somewhere (managed to get Van Helsing too, movie reviews for the site are imminent). BlueEyesWolf, you took the words right out of my mouth. On the otherhand, I still loved everything else about the movie! Except the way the new director ended it with that freeze frame! Someone please tell me they are sticking with this cast for the next few movies! I hate it when they change casts!

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -- "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" -- "What's that star on the wall for?" -- "I've got a bad feeling about this." -- "I didn't get a 'harumph' outta that guy!" -- "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do."

#8 2004-12-07 07:24:10

BlueEyesWolf

Well, the trouble is the child/teen actors are growing faster than the characters in the books. Each book is about one year at Hogwarts but it takes a few years to make a movie (unless you ere making them back-to-back-to-back like "The Lord of the Rings"movies) So Daniel Radchiff, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson will be probably be around for a few more movies (hopefully)

#9 2004-12-07 13:27:03

Johnlindsey289

Well it is going to be Back-to-Back like LOTR, i have heard rumors of French director Jean Pierre Jeunet ( Director of " City of Lost Children", "Delicetessen", " Alien Resurrection" and " Amelie") to direct Order of the Phoenix. I think he's a very visual director from Europe, he's got style and substance.

#10 2004-12-07 18:51:40

WolfVanZandt
Website

They oughta feed that Werewolf. He's emaciated and has lost all his hair (probably due to some vitamen deficiency)

Am I the only person who's notiiced the startling similarities between Harry Potter and DC/Vertigo's Tim Hunter. In the movies Harry even looks like Tim. Their lives are very similar and they've had very similar experiences - only where Harry went to Hogwarts, Tim went to the White School. The mani difference is that Tim's parents were lethargic slobs that ended up destroying themselves while Harry's parents were heroic people. Of course, Harry's foster parents are slobs that would, in any reality, end up destroying themselves.

#11 2004-12-07 19:11:26

NinjaWolf

I did see that Harry Potter movie, too, guys, and was disappionted with the werewolf! Like Blue, said, he does look like a black greyhound with bulging eyes like Ren Hoek. Oy vey!

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

#12 2004-12-07 19:18:13

WolfVanZandt
Website

Oh, ya'll are talking about the Weredog. I had no big problem with him. The Werewolf was Lupin's alter that looked like a bulemic, shaved Werewolf.

#13 2004-12-14 11:57:57

slave2moonlight
Website

BlueEyesWolf wrote:

Well, the trouble is the child/teen actors are growing faster than the characters in the books. Each book is about one year at Hogwarts but it takes a few years to make a movie (unless you ere making them back-to-back-to-back like "The Lord of the Rings"movies) So Daniel Radchiff, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson will be probably be around for a few more movies (hopefully)

I don't know if I buy that that is a severe problem, especially since I've been hearing that since before the first film came out. I mean, so far they have looked the right ages, and that's 3 movies down. And how often do we see people almost my age (29) playing high school students? WB anyone? Frankly, Emma Watson has gone from adorable to quite lovely, so I hope these stories don't stop before we really get to see how she turns out, ha. Think they'll get into the college years? wink

#14 2004-12-14 12:02:48

slave2moonlight
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Oh, ya'll are talking about the Weredog. I had no big problem with him. The Werewolf was Lupin's alter that looked like a bulemic, shaved Werewolf.

No, we were talking about the werewolf. He looked like a starving greyhound or chihuahua like Ren Hoek. The weredog was awesome, and looked more the way I would envision a physically transforming werewolf. But, personally, for Harry Potter's world I was hoping for something along the lines of the Van Helsing Werewolves. I also was hoping they wouldn't go the route of all werewolves being ravenous killers. But then, I've never read the books, but I think it would have been cool if they made some of their werewolves noble creatures. I wish the werewolves in their forest were split into packs of good and evil, or something like that. I just thought Hogwarts would be a great place to introduce some good werewolves (and bad). But at least he was good in his human form...

#15 2004-12-15 04:08:10

BlueEyesWolf

slave2moonlight wrote:

I don't know if I buy that that is a severe problem, especially since I've been hearing that since before the first film came out. I mean, so far they have looked the right ages, and that's 3 movies down. And how often do we see people almost my age (29) playing high school students? WB anyone? Frankly, Emma Watson has gone from adorable to quite lovely, so I hope these stories don't stop before we really get to see how she turns out, ha. Think they'll get into the college years? wink

Well..the books are about Harry's seven years at Hogwarts with each book for a year so Harry, who was 11 in the first book will be 18 in the seventh and last book. so I doubt we will see Harry and the others as adults.

Last edited by BlueEyesWolf (2004-12-15 04:09:20)

#16 2004-12-15 19:58:55

slave2moonlight
Website

Aaw, bad news for me. Well, actually, 18 is fine if they give us that much, ha.

#17 2007-08-18 13:49:16

WereWolfH

definitely not, but understandably b/c of the young audiences that would see it as well. I wonder what J.K.'s vision for the werewolf was?   Ohhhh and how can Lupin and Sirius and James Potter and the rat dude (forgot the name) play with Lupin in the night if werewolves are uncontrollable???

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#18 2007-08-19 17:05:54

WolfMontana

It was a weregreyhound with mange. Sirius made a better werewolf as the black 'dog' that looked just like a scraggly wolf wink

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#19 2007-08-20 05:00:16

BlueEyesWolf

They really fouled up the werewolf in the movie but Sirius 's black wolf-like dog-form made up for that.

#20 2007-08-20 08:07:09

honestgeorge

You know, for the purposes of the story you had to feel sorry for Lupin and the werewolf looked a little thin and sad.  While not the "bad ass" notion of a werewolf most people have I think it suited the story, I didn't mind it at all.  The idea of a wolf man looking awkward and malformed actually makes since if you consider you're literally crossing humans with a breed of animal; it almost shouldn't fit.

Plus I always think of what John Landis said in the extras on An American Werewolf in London DVD, and that was werewolves are kings of the shmucks because things never go their way; that fits with this interpretaion of a werewolf.

"Give me.....a keg.....of beer!"

#21 2007-08-20 19:58:32

WereWolfH

hmmmm. yeah i agree Sirius looked way cool!!! Read my posts that's probably more of a valid reason why he wasn't so scarrryyy.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#22 2009-10-09 16:49:49

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

Like a voodoo mastah, I rise this topic from the dead... sorry about that ^^;
But I think it's time I semi-ranted about this in it's proper place:

Lupin himself was an awsome character in the books and the movie (also my favorite character ^^),
but when the movie came out and he transformed, I was in complete shock.
I was just sitting there waiting for him to finish transforming, AND HE WAS!!! D:
The movie as far as the werewolf (and other things not werewolf like that I'll not mention), was a complete failure!
So naturally, I say the werewolf in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was equivalent (if not more) to epic fail! 8P

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#23 2009-10-09 18:44:07

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

The movie was actually pretty damn good imo and one of the best in the (film) series, but the werewolf looked terrible.

Just, absolutely terrible.
Horrible.
He looked like...a giant, mutant, shaven rat.
yikes

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

Board footer