The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#101 2008-11-28 13:37:50

WerewolfLeaAnn

Re: So you want to be a Werewolf

Heh, I am a werewolf. it's a strange thing. But i cannt figure out why I am a werewolf.

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#102 2008-11-28 14:54:14

WolfVanZandt
Website

I don't think that's strange. Why people are what they are is one of the things that isn't normally answered.

#103 2009-03-03 20:49:55

Jwolf

Never met a real werewolf but one thing I think you were's have that is really special is a closer tie to nature. Sure all living organisms are connected to nature, but I personally feel that us humans are one of the most seperated beings from nature.

#104 2009-03-03 22:53:36

WolfVanZandt
Website

Mainstream Humans have separated themselves from nature. It doesn't have to be that way.

#105 2009-03-03 22:59:01

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Jwolf> that's a common misconception about us: Just because we have an "inner animal" (or whatever you want to call it) doesn't mean we have a stronger preexisting connection with nature than anyone else, or have more potential.  True, Therians generally have a stronger connection, but that's because we are drawn to do so by our animal side's desires.  A non-Therian can have a stronger connection with nature than a Therian, simply by working for it more.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#106 2009-04-03 00:11:50

WolfsPride

Well i was abit suspicious when my freind told me about this site we have been looking for more of out kind to ask questions and the such we are both 14 and we have been through many other sites trying to find out more about ourselves i dont know if it was real or not but one night i spent the night at his house and we went walking and dogs started barking at us alll over the neighborhood and our heads got dizzy at the same time and we can remember faint flashes of each other as nothing more but wolves running across a huge farm land near our school sense we both are talking about the same thing but can enyone please tell me if enyone has experienced the same thing and another thing my senses are really strong and for some reason i gag at the sight\smell of blood. reply please?

#107 2009-04-03 00:59:42

WolfVanZandt
Website

Flashbacks, maybe, but..........a lot of folks have good senses (a few even have good sense). And it's real common for people to gag at the sight and smell of blood. I think the reactions of werewolves are statistically  pretty much similar to other groups - some like it, some don't.

#108 2009-04-05 12:25:18

lupen the wolf

That's very interesting... I'd say you recalled a memory from a past life and changed the enviroment to somthing you were familear with, but I can't say with any sertenty.

Be careful, you know not the path you walk...

ego sum quis ego sum....

#109 2009-04-05 12:40:30

WolfsPride

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Flashbacks, maybe, but..........a lot of folks have good senses (a few even have good sense). And it's real common for people to gag at the sight and smell of blood. I think the reactions of werewolves are statistically  pretty much similar to other groups - some like it, some don't.

hmmmm that sounds right evrything is logical im not so sure myself but ill continue to find out i havent had enymore  for the sake of logic "flashbacks" since then but all this started around 8 months ago and i was 5 Ft 2 short as can be but just after stuff liked that happend i shot up to 6 Ft tall now  if i hit some mega growth spurt  or if this is connected i cant be for sure evrything discribed above was linked after that night my senses and the blood it really hit me hard when i started seaching and found other people saying the same thing on diffrent sites or on this one actually now in the end nothing over the internet can be trusted 100% but ill try to gather as much infromation as i can and compile it and make a conclusion for myself but thanx WolfVanZandt for your feedback on my post

#110 2009-04-09 07:33:54

bdk336
Website

Just like to point out that a growth spurt around age 14 is not just normal, it's very common.

#111 2009-04-09 23:43:31

WolfVanZandt
Website

to be expected, even.....

#112 2009-04-11 21:28:40

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Yeah, same with any age below 26 or so... that and any sort of hormonality and stuff like that.  I find myself constantly telling people this.

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#113 2009-04-14 10:10:50

bdk336
Website

SherlawkDragon wrote:

Yeah, same with any age below 26 or so... that and any sort of hormonality and stuff like that.  I find myself constantly telling people this.

I know how you feel there. I may not be a were but I'm sick of hearing people making huge assumptions about themselves when they misinterpret different aspects/changes in their bodies. Especially PUBERTY, I cannot count the number of people I've heard say they were some weird freak of nature (I've heard were, mutation, super powers and just about everything else) in reaction to the unexpected changes of puberty, which, of course, makes me feel awkward since I'm 17.

#114 2009-06-17 23:49:24

LycanKid
Website

i would do what i could to not be a cowardice fool, the next time someone goes for my family, i will never hold back ever again. I was 11 when it happened and i was naive. I am now 17, and i still havent changed, but ive came close, on a day when i was about six, someone tried to hurt my mother, i wont go into details about what exactly happened, but i have never wanted to hurt another person so bad.If you have any tips on how to help me change then plz help.

Why must all humans fear what they do not understand, why must they fear us, instead of try to understand us and accept our existance.  (Gavin aka Lycankid)

#115 2009-06-18 00:48:47

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

Hollywood throws everything wayy out of proportion, and 'evidence' of werewolves from the middle ages and before Christ is extremely biased, as everything was so superstitious, and people were scared of everything they had enough imagination to be afraid of.
As mentioned before, therian wolves are not at all what biased accounts have stereotyped into the human phsche, and most of us love our lives as wolves, but its hard when you dont know others in real life.

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#116 2009-06-18 03:35:07

WolfVanZandt
Website

Hollywood throws everything way out of proportion, and 'evidence' of werewolves from the middle ages and before Christ is extremely biased, as everything was so superstitious, and people were scared of everything they had enough imagination to be afraid of.

That's a view that's been very common to sociologists and anthropologists of the past but it's been questioned over the last 50 years or so and, when looked at honestly, ancient humanity doesn't seem to be that much different from humanity today. If anything, modern humanity's dependence on technology tends to remove them from nature and atrophies their natural instincts. They're more sophisticated in explaining what they see, but they don't see nearly as much either.

The only reason we can't put complete trust in the records of the past is that there are no living witnesses to confirm them. With modern per review and scientific reporting, we have ways of checking up on the history of the last century or so.

But we can form working theories on what things were like in the past. It takes some detective work.....but that's just plain fun.

smile

There are a lot of accounts of Therians (Werewolves) in the past that, when you figure out what's going on, sounds a lot like Therians today. For instance, the accounts given at his trial by Jakob (?) Theime are very similar to experiences had by Therians today. Knowing things about the Therian community today causes you to look at reports of the Neuri and other ancient Werewolves and say, "Wait a minute. I recognize that." So it's easy to see that reports of outsiders that the Neuri changed into wolves once a month looks like outsiders misinterpreting things that happen to Therians during Howls and if you assume that the Neuri had monthly "Howls" (gatherings), things suddenly make a lot of sense.

In other words, ancient reports of Werewolves look fanciful and superstitious until you start comparing them with the experiences that modern therians have, and suddenly they begin to make sense.

#117 2009-06-19 04:40:21

LycanKid
Website

i completely concur with you zandt, but here is something my mom taught me, that has helped me through the years of people who refuse to believe or understand. She told me that whether people are unsure of an existance, that if you think about it, the ideas for us weres, or other creatures had to have come from somewhere, so they must exist on this plane or another. Sure hope you find this useful, and its nice to know that there are others like me! smile

Why must all humans fear what they do not understand, why must they fear us, instead of try to understand us and accept our existance.  (Gavin aka Lycankid)

#118 2010-07-11 13:41:20

Ian9710

WolfVanZandt wrote:

....or a wolf.

I really wonder why.

Most fictional Werewolves would give just about anything to not be one.

Wolves in America end up shot or run over by a car - or they're penned up in a wolf park.

As for RL Werewolves, I like my life but I can't imagine why anyone else would want to be me. I've done pretty much everything I've ever wanted to do and keeping it going is satisfying, but why would anyone else want to do the things I want to do? Fact is, the only kind of shift I do any more (I'm all wolfside now) is extremely uncomfortable. I could do without the constant inflammations (that's what comes from souped up immunity and healing abilities - you don't get anything for free) and I know a lot of Werewolves that would just love to give you their migraines.

So why would anyone want to be a Werewolf or wolf?

I really want to be come a werewolf i dont know this yet but are you physically a werewolf as you can physically shift into one

#119 2010-07-11 21:52:14

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Ian, Shut up and go away.
You revived a dead topic to reply to the first post, which you didn't even read, with a single poorly-written sentence about how stupid you are.

#120 2010-07-11 22:46:41

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Hey Ian, I would ask that you read the posts more closely so you respond to them more accurately, and that you use proper grammar please.

Also Sherlawk, I know that quite a few people irk you from time to time, but if you could tone the insults down a bit, or simply report a post that would be great. Thanks.

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#121 2010-07-11 22:51:28

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Vindicator wrote:

Also Sherlawk, I know that quite a few people irk you from time to time, but if you could tone the insults down a bit, or simply report a post that would be great. Thanks.

Fine Fine, I'll stop, lol.  I've been pushing it lately, I know, I'm surprised you didn't yell at me sooner...  I'll tone it down from now on... XD

I'm gonna shut up now and we can let this thread sink back to the bottom if no one else has anything to contribute....

#122 2010-07-12 00:05:37

WolfVanZandt
Website

Grph, since you asked me directly. The closest you'll ever come to a Werewolf in reality is a Therian and Therians don't change shape. You become a Werewolf by being born a Werewolf. And, no, you don't what to become a Werewolf. I'm dealing with a month long iritis that's progressed down my throat. And I'm having to deal with the adverse affects of prednisolone and atropine (aye, Wolfsbane), because I'm a Werewolf. You might have another deck dealt you, but, regardless, it's a level plaining field. Be happy with what you are - otherwise, be careful what you pray for - you might get it.

#123 2010-07-20 12:21:37

Edwin'sCorner

Be careful WVZ i think you growled at that poor kid grph...haha

But hey I have a question for you all. Do you sometimes smell other people that say they are therians before you see them and not because they don't bathe but because you can just kind of smell what their therian form is? I mean like I am a raccoon but one of my friends is like a bear and i can walk through walmart and just find him by basically tracking his scent. What do you think? Are any of you able to do that same thing or something kind of like it?

"The stars in the night they lend me their light to bring me closer to heaven with you" - "Gunslinger" Avenged Sevenfold

#124 2010-07-20 21:35:21

WolfVanZandt
Website

I didn't growl - I merely grunted....

Anyway, I believe that intuition works better if you're not too analytical about it. If you start analyzing it, you might find it doesn't work anymore. So I'm not sure what I pixk up on - it's probably a combination of things - probably a very complex combination.

I do know that most Mainstreamers don't produce much in the way of musk, and that I do. don't know how common that is in the Therian community.

#125 2010-07-21 01:46:31

Edwin'sCorner

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I do know that most Mainstreamers don't produce much in the way of musk, and that I do. don't know how common that is in the Therian community.

Ah honestly I think that we all do in some quantity and that some of us just produce more than others. But I do have a question about how exactly you become this way. I have read and it seems like all anyone can figure is that it's genetic in some way. So does that mean that when I decide to settle down one day with my boyfriend and want to have kids (I am female by the way the Edwin's Corner is just an awesome video I saw at youth camp last year and this year as a chaparone_and yes i butchered that word_it can be found on youtube and it brightens my day) that one day they might come to me saying "Mom I think there's something different about me, why do I feel so strange inside like there's something that's dying to come out?" Does anyone know the chances of that? Just a question sort of pressing on my mind as of now..

"The stars in the night they lend me their light to bring me closer to heaven with you" - "Gunslinger" Avenged Sevenfold

Board footer