The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-21 16:35:35

WereWolfH

Twilight movie to feature werewolves?

I heard there are werewolves in this storyline, but all I saw so far was that dude that played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and I think he's a vampire. I know all the youngies are reading this but I'm not sure really what it's about. How are the werewolves? Are they for real werewolves are do they change into just wolves?

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#2 2008-06-21 21:58:38

SilentHope

Re: Twilight movie to feature werewolves?

I actually enjoyed all 3 books in the series (Pre-ordered #4 which is supposedly the werewolf Jacobs point of view from what I gather from#3 but could be wrong). Im 27 does that count me as a youngie??LOL. The werewolves are Native American and not blood thirsty killers-which I was pleasantly suprised with. Not major role players in Twilight-the second book New Moon is where the werewolves really come in to play. I am eagerly awaiting the movie to come out in December-Im hoping it is at least comparible to the books. Took me alittle bit to get used to reading in first person but once you got into it I think it helped draw you further into the story. The werewolves are More then "just wolves" but in the story are more simular to large wolves in looks than the "wolfman" if thats what your asking.
Sorry for the rambling!

#3 2008-06-24 16:32:59

WereWolfH

So they look more like Dog Soldiers wolves than the Van Helsing or American Werewolf in London?

sorry confused are they in the movie or in the sequel?

#4 2008-06-24 21:34:14

Rahela_Pricolici
Website

In Twilight, they are only mentioned through the stories of Jacob. I too thought--it had been a while since I had read all the books--that the werewolves would take a part in the movie. When I watched the trailer and noticed something missing, I had to go back and read all the books again (blushes). Its true, and it is not till the second book that we actually see the werewolves, after Edward leaves and Jacob changes.

"Speak to me now and the world will crumble. Open a door and the moon will fall. All of your life, all your memories. Go to your dreams, forget it all"
Fighting, Biting, and Rock n' Roll.

#5 2008-06-25 00:00:46

WereWolfH

okay so do they morph into wolves in the first book or book two??? sorry i'm kinda tipsy watching the BET AWARDS!!!!!!! so if you already said it my fault

#6 2008-06-25 01:19:46

punxnotdead

So the first Twilight movie won't have werewolves?
Also, is there a link to a trailer explaining the release date?

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#7 2008-06-25 10:11:26

Rahela_Pricolici
Website

There will not be a focus on werewolves in the this movie. However, like mentioned, there is a part in the book where werewolves are explained. Who knows if they will keep it in the movie.

Here is the link to the trailer:

http://www.alltrailers.net/the-twilight.html

And this is the IMDB page with everything else you may wish to know:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/

"Speak to me now and the world will crumble. Open a door and the moon will fall. All of your life, all your memories. Go to your dreams, forget it all"
Fighting, Biting, and Rock n' Roll.

#8 2008-08-01 21:38:42

WereWolfH

AWESOME. OKAY I JUST SAW an interview with cast and the director and creator of Twilight on Comic Con (gtv show) and the WEREWOLF talked about him being a "furry" thing and hint hint maybe you might see the fur in the next movie!!!!! YAYYYYY. The werewolf is the Asian/spanish/ethnic guy (i'm not sure what race he is but he's FINNNNEEE)

THAT'S MY UPDATE

#9 2008-08-02 18:12:08

harriettx

Isn't the guy playing Jacob called Taylor something? I can't remember if Jacob is a werewolf in Twilight (I think he changes in New Moon) but it'll be awesome if they do include werewolves in the movie.

Does anyone else find Bella really annoying? She's a bit perfect. >__>

Would I lie to you?; That girl's not right in the brain.
(:

#10 2008-08-20 13:53:19

alphanubilus

His name is Taylor Lautner, and he is actually from French decent on his mother side, and his dad, for all accounts is mostly from European origins. He isn't Spanish, Indian, Asian, or any of those things. He states that the only reason he is so dark is because he spends most of his time outside. smile

At any rate Sam, as we find out in the 3rd book becomes a werewolf during the events of the first book. In fact his first change happens shortly before Bella arrive in Forks for the first time. So, in reality, Sam is already a werewolf when we first meet him in the story. We will probably not get to see any werewolves during this first movie, but get a lot of hints instead. New Moon, the second of the books, will feature the werewolves, of which are just giant wolves.

#11 2008-08-20 21:42:20

WereWolfH

oh wow. can't wait, hope it's good, ahhhhh I'm bummed about the big wolves thing. Are they on their feet (like Wolf Lake) or are they like big wolves like Dog Soldiers ?

#12 2008-08-22 08:32:19

Daninsky
Website

harriettx wrote:

Isn't the guy playing Jacob called Taylor something? I can't remember if Jacob is a werewolf in Twilight (I think he changes in New Moon) but it'll be awesome if they do include werewolves in the movie.

He changes in New Moon, I think it would be unwise to include the werewolves in twilight already (Jacob does tell her about the werwolf history of La Push in twilight, though, and that scene will most likely be in the movie else you wouldn't need Jacob) because the story gives little space for that. It would be no more than a rather pointless cameo appearance, likely to annoy those that watch the movie without having read the books.

harriettx wrote:

Does anyone else find Bella really annoying? She's a bit perfect. >__>

Not as much as Edward. :p

There should be more of Alice, that's for certain. smile

WereWolfH wrote:

oh wow. can't wait, hope it's good, ahhhhh I'm bummed about the big wolves thing. Are they on their feet (like Wolf Lake) or are they like big wolves like Dog Soldiers?

They are described as bear sized Wolves (people do think them to be bears as a fact), so I'd think quadruped.

Last edited by Daninsky (2008-08-22 08:52:18)

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#13 2008-08-22 20:55:13

alphanubilus

http://tronnie.deviantart.com/art/Quile … s-94450697

This is one of my favorate fan art renditions of the wolves.

The Quileute tribe (They are a real tribe) believe in some respect that they were once wolves, who became men.

#14 2008-09-01 09:25:20

Quil

actully after reading the last book breaking dawn you find out that there not really werewolves there shapeshifters and its just by chance that it a wolf they change into i could have been any animal. there are real werewolves tho the ones who stand up and with the full moon and all they call them children of the moon but there not in the book you just hear about them in the end. unless they make a 5th book which she deffintly left a lot to work on almost as if she plans on continuing the series even no she said it was over. oops sorry i went on a rant

#15 2008-09-01 21:26:03

alphanubilus

Well in all actuallity, Quil, a werewolf is ANYBODY who has the ability to change into a wolf. Because "you" turn into a wolf, that automatically makes you a werewolf. If you turned into a lion, that would make you a werelion... if you turned into a fox, a werefox... if you turned into a mouse... it would make you completely ineffective. smile Either that or, heaven forbid... a furry. tongue

Of course, according to the Twilight mythology, there is a big difference between the La Push Pack and of course your run of the mil werewolf. As explained in the later part of the book, the "Children of the Moon" are the true werewolves and they are ruled by the moon and completely lose control and become ravenous beasts. The Vulturi have hunted them (Did some say Death Dealer) to near extinction.

In reality, even in the real old lore, a person who became a werewolf NEVER lost control. The murderous werewolves were murderers in the first place who took the guise of a wolf in order to hide their crimes. My PERSONAL opinion on that subject is that with the expansion of humans encrouching on traditional wolf territory it forced the wolves and man to come way to close to each other for comfort. As man took over more and more of the wolf's hunting territory, and as man decimated large numbers of game animals that was prey for the wolves, the poor wuffers didn't have much other choice than to start picking of unfortunate bystandards. It is important to note that most of these "murderous" werewolf stories also took place during terrible time in earth's history, namely the struggle against the established Roman Catholic Church. It is my view that priests would slander troublemakers and use wolf attacks as a means to demonize these people. Sort of kill two birds with one stone...

Another issue is that many people during these times were VERY superstitious. They couldn't believe that a mere wolf could be capable of killing so many people. The truth is, any animal (including man) if driven to the point of desperation, has the ability of great atrocities. Let us take the Beast of Le Gevaudan for example. The beast, a wolf, killed nearly 100 people before it was finally shot down in France, between the towns of Toulouse and Lyons. This event occured in 1765. More recently in the 80's two wolves killed nearly 45 children in India after desperate Indians burned their dens and blungered their pups. The wolf isn't the only animal to achieve such high scores of fatalities. Most of us have heard of the movie Ghosts and the Darkness, but the fact is the story is actually true. In 1889, J.H. Patterson actually had to fight two Tsavo lions, of whom killed over 100 people during a 6 month reign of terror.

Also note Quil... you're posting about werewolves and you just revealed yourself to be a werewolf... Sam is going to be VERY unhappy with you, and unfortunately you ain't going to be able to hide it. tongue

#16 2008-09-04 21:50:26

Quil

alphanubilus wrote:

Well in all actuallity, Quil, a werewolf is ANYBODY who has the ability to change into a wolf. Because "you" turn into a wolf, that automatically makes you a werewolf. If you turned into a lion, that would make you a werelion... if you turned into a fox, a werefox... if you turned into a mouse... it would make you completely ineffective. smile Either that or, heaven forbid... a furry. tongue

Of course, according to the Twilight mythology, there is a big difference between the La Push Pack and of course your run of the mil werewolf. As explained in the later part of the book, the "Children of the Moon" are the true werewolves and they are ruled by the moon and completely lose control and become ravenous beasts. The Vulturi have hunted them (Did some say Death Dealer) to near extinction.

In reality, even in the real old lore, a person who became a werewolf NEVER lost control. The murderous werewolves were murderers in the first place who took the guise of a wolf in order to hide their crimes. My PERSONAL opinion on that subject is that with the expansion of humans encrouching on traditional wolf territory it forced the wolves and man to come way to close to each other for comfort. As man took over more and more of the wolf's hunting territory, and as man decimated large numbers of game animals that was prey for the wolves, the poor wuffers didn't have much other choice than to start picking of unfortunate bystandards. It is important to note that most of these "murderous" werewolf stories also took place during terrible time in earth's history, namely the struggle against the established Roman Catholic Church. It is my view that priests would slander troublemakers and use wolf attacks as a means to demonize these people. Sort of kill two birds with one stone...

Another issue is that many people during these times were VERY superstitious. They couldn't believe that a mere wolf could be capable of killing so many people. The truth is, any animal (including man) if driven to the point of desperation, has the ability of great atrocities. Let us take the Beast of Le Gevaudan for example. The beast, a wolf, killed nearly 100 people before it was finally shot down in France, between the towns of Toulouse and Lyons. This event occured in 1765. More recently in the 80's two wolves killed nearly 45 children in India after desperate Indians burned their dens and blungered their pups. The wolf isn't the only animal to achieve such high scores of fatalities. Most of us have heard of the movie Ghosts and the Darkness, but the fact is the story is actually true. In 1889, J.H. Patterson actually had to fight two Tsavo lions, of whom killed over 100 people during a 6 month reign of terror.

Also note Quil... you're posting about werewolves and you just revealed yourself to be a werewolf... Sam is going to be VERY unhappy with you, and unfortunately you ain't going to be able to hide it. tongue

oh crap..

#17 2008-09-04 22:29:02

alphanubilus

Quil wrote:

oh crap..

On second thought, you joined Jacob's pack... didn't you... So you really don't have to worry about Sam's pack any more. tongue

Doesn't it suck to know that your entire life has been written in a book. tongue

Then again, at least it wasn't a cheap made-for-tv Sci-fi movie. smile

#18 2008-09-28 01:28:55

punxnotdead

I am eagerly anticipating this film. I watched the trailer and I think the characters match flawlessly with that of the story. Edward looks exactly as I had envisioned him, too. They appear to have taken it a slightly different direction (with added action) and It looks like an awesome movie. Because I love the book so much, I think I'll really be in for a treat.
It's coming out: November 21/'08
*Squeals*

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#19 2008-10-12 18:40:09

WereWolfH

Werewolf guy is speaking on Fearnet.com it's old from Comic Con but I guess it was just released. He does speak of how if there's a sequel (go see the movie so there's enough sales at the box office) he'd want to do it and possibly they'd have him morph into wolf.

#20 2008-10-13 23:53:18

Freddy

i already read all 4 books the 4th 1 it has 2 of bella and 1 of jacob. to tell you the truth i was hoping bella 2 stay with jacob in new moon but i know it's was 2 good 2 b true but hey we all know she had 2 stay with pretty boy. so has anyone seen the new clip of twilight it was cool.

I will always protect the one's I love no matter what

#21 2008-10-14 02:05:50

Freddy

oh i'm sorry u guys i forgot 2 put it here sorry again.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … d=44287812

I will always protect the one's I love no matter what

#22 2008-10-28 00:30:36

-Spike-
Website

Ugh, Taylor Lautner is supposed to play Jacob the werewolf. I am now hesitant to even watch the trailer of the movie. I can't believe that un-talented, waste of space is ALLOWED to play the most awesome charater in the whole story. Was there no one else? Nobody else at ALL!? Anyone is better than SHARKBOY! God! Who the hell was in charge of casting!?!?!?!?

Last edited by -Spike- (2008-10-28 00:31:36)

How bout d'em Yankees?

#23 2008-10-28 12:45:53

Daninsky
Website

The most awesome character?

*Spoilerish!*

We must be talking pre-eclipse Jacob not pushy, soon to become paedophile post-eclipse Jacob. hmm

*Spoilerish*

#24 2008-10-28 21:25:46

-Spike-
Website

No, we're talking BOTH. *hint hint* How is it a spoiler? You've read the book haven't you?

Last edited by -Spike- (2008-10-28 21:26:50)

How bout d'em Yankees?

#25 2008-10-29 07:19:48

Daninsky
Website

For those that didn't read beyond the first book it might be a bit spoilerish.

No, I didn't like Jacob much anymore after eclipse, although he is the most developed and believable character in the books.
However, if they stay true to the first book Jacob's appearance in twillight will be a rather short one and it would be thinkable that they get a different actor if they should continue the movies to do the change he undergoes justice.

Last edited by Daninsky (2008-10-29 07:20:22)

Board footer