The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-24 02:51:47

CatWolf4891

Two Animal Persona's (Is that normal?)

I believe this is my first official starter post I've ever made here, besides my personal forum.  But something has been bugging me a bit and I like to ask what you all may think about it.

I don't truly recall all the rules on Weres/Therian's but I think a certain subject like this has come up before.

My name is Catwolf.  Throughout my time knowing some stuff on Were/Therian knowledge and my postings on the web, I had come to embrace a feline side of myself.  I feel that my personality and hidden instincts are related more closely to a cat than any.  I feel favorable to mewing and purring when I want to express my feelings verbally.  Most of my dream and mental shifts (rare as they came...except the dream ones) are me slipping into the behavior and yearnings of cat.  Embracing these after a long time I've come to admit that maybe I truly am a Werecat (in the smallest sense of the term...meaning not exactly literary but hopefully you get the idea).

However, its been a year or two now where I've been experiencing new sensations and behaviors.  I already knew the existent of Werewolves when I was young and, truthfully, I was afraid of them (American Werewolf in London scared the dickens out of me).  Its only been since certain emotions flare up, mostly anger or frustration, that I don't feel a feline nature sharing my frustration but something else...something more wild like the wolf.  Weirdly enough maybe, I feel this during the full moon cycle.  When its out the sensation strengthens, making me want to embrace something new in me.  I can barely sleep those nights, or particularly hectic and frustrating nights where I want to just let it all out.  It even came to a point where I started having weird and intense dream and mental shifts (as I've left some examples of such nights in the Misc forum postings), finding my voice wants to scream; to howl desperately.  So that's where I began to think I had a little wolf inside me too.

Now it comes to my attention that...that may be slightly strange.  I like both sides, though the wolf one can be unpredictable, but I don't know if that classifies me as an abnormality in the Were/Therian world.  Has it been weird for you guys having a someone who purrs and mews one day and then barks and howls the next (or at least attempts too.  It's easier to sound verbally my feline side cause its quiet).
This is probably too much to ask and may think I'm sounding nuts now, but I thought it wouldn't hurt asking.  Is there a name for something as weird as me?

Last edited by CatWolf4891 (2008-07-14 22:15:41)

The Full Moon to humans is just a rock; The Full Moon to me is a symbol of freedom and release
A Howl to humans scare them; A Howl to me is a harmonious song...
And I Howl back.
I am SUCH the Romantic big_smile   Awwoooooooooo!

#2 2008-06-24 03:35:11

Danton the Werewolf

Re: Two Animal Persona's (Is that normal?)

The best answer that I can come up with is: you. No matter how hard you look, no matter how far you search, you are the only person out there that is like you. Something that's normal for you may be abnormal for me. If you think about it, normality is based only on one's personal views and opinions. There is no definition of "normal", except what you define it as. Most people want to choose themselves as "normal", and things at aren't similar to them to be "weird". No matter what you are or what you do, you will always be different from everyone else. This is true and applies to everyone. You need to stop asking the question "How weird am I?", and start asking "What makes me ME?" The first question is meaningless, will waste your life, and will make you dissatisfied. The second is important to your personal wellbeing, and will make everything clearer to you. I hope this has helped.

"I'll tell you the meaning of life: It's not to live, but to die."
~Norther

Bored? Then click here.

#3 2008-06-24 03:55:29

WolfVanZandt
Website

No, it's common. There's some (irrational) stigma toward polywereism but there are some preimmanent polyweres in the community. There's also the accepted existance of cameo shifts - temporary and infrequent shifts to types that aren't the regular theriotype.

#4 2008-07-13 02:24:53

milana
Website

That sounds perfectly normal to me. Besides, to most people being just a werewolf isn't "normal", so how can we say what you've experienced isn't normal? Though I've never met anyone who's had more than one animal persona at once, I do know a shifter who essentially has the persona of a multitude of cats, shifting from one type of cat to another and never more than one cat at a time. Just because she can't pinpoint what kind of cat she is most of the time, it doesn't make her experience any less real. And I think it's the same with you.

There's nothing that can't be cured by chocolate. Unless you're craving calamari.

My Triond.

#5 2008-07-13 02:38:56

WolfVanZandt
Website

I went from polywere to contherianthrope back in 1978. So I can identify with the polyweres.

#6 2008-07-24 05:29:53

TheFishes

It is completely normal... as one grows and matures, different attributes come into that person... certain attributes (or collection of them) attract different animal personas. Also, as time goes by you might find you have more than two of them! It all depends on the person, and the events in that person's life.

I cannot save you, I can't even save myself.

#7 2008-07-29 04:06:57

WritingWulf

CatWolf4891 wrote:

I believe this is my first official starter post I've ever made here, besides my personal forum.  But something has been bugging me a bit and I like to ask what you all may think about it.

I don't truly recall all the rules on Weres/Therian's but I think a certain subject like this has come up before.

My name is Catwolf.  Throughout my time knowing some stuff on Were/Therian knowledge and my postings on the web, I had come to embrace a feline side of myself.  I feel that my personality and hidden instincts are related more closely to a cat than any.  I feel favorable to mewing and purring when I want to express my feelings verbally.  Most of my dream and mental shifts (rare as they came...except the dream ones) are me slipping into the behavior and yearnings of cat.  Embracing these after a long time I've come to admit that maybe I truly am a Werecat (in the smallest sense of the term...meaning not exactly literary but hopefully you get the idea).

However, its been a year or two now where I've been experiencing new sensations and behaviors.  I already knew the existent of Werewolves when I was young and, truthfully, I was afraid of them (American Werewolf in London scared the dickens out of me).  Its only been since certain emotions flare up, mostly anger or frustration, that I don't feel a feline nature sharing my frustration but something else...something more wild like the wolf.  Weirdly enough maybe, I feel this during the full moon cycle.  When its out the sensation strengthens, making me want to embrace something new in me.  I can barely sleep those nights, or particularly hectic and frustrating nights where I want to just let it all out.  It even came to a point where I started having weird and intense dream and mental shifts (as I've left some examples of such nights in the Misc forum postings), finding my voice wants to scream; to howl desperately.  So that's where I began to think I had a little wolf inside me too.

Now it comes to my attention that...that may be slightly strange.  I like both sides, though the wolf one can be unpredictable, but I don't know if that classifies me as an abnormality in the Were/Therian world.  Has it been weird for you guys having a someone who purrs and mews one day and then barks and howls the next (or at least attempts too.  It's easier to sound verbally my feline side cause its quiet).
This is probably too much to ask and may think I'm sounding nuts now, but I thought it wouldn't hurt asking.  Is there a name for something as weird as me?

Its not wierd at all. Being part Panther and Wolf and being slightly more acquanted with the wolf, I understand perfectly. Its not odd, and don't ever think so. You are yourself, looking deep within yourself is a great way to understand this. Try meditation or any other type of soul searching for a bit.  Your wolf side might be a little more emotional, the feline side of course will be a little more planned out. It will get confusing but you have to meet a common ground or accept that you wont always be predictable as in following one path. you have two! lol.

#8 2009-02-28 02:06:02

CatWolf4891

I wish I had remembered to do this months ago, but Thanks for responding and giving out some advice on this matter you guys, I really appreciate it ^_^

The Full Moon to humans is just a rock; The Full Moon to me is a symbol of freedom and release
A Howl to humans scare them; A Howl to me is a harmonious song...
And I Howl back.
I am SUCH the Romantic big_smile   Awwoooooooooo!

#9 2010-11-05 17:53:04

WolfSoul

Catwolf I am so excited to have found your post, I am a wolf/snow leopard therian smile  I look forward to reading more of your posts! Mika

#10 2010-11-10 00:45:37

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Dude, this thread is old... I don't think he even comes around here anymore...

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

Board footer