The Werewolf Caf The Werewolf Caf

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-04 12:24:44

MIXXDUP

This is a project story i wrote for school....it isnt very good.

This story os not that good. I mean it is ok if you like quick chapters and what not but i thought i would post this to see if it is even worth writing more to it. I wrote this in roughly 6 hours one school day for a project in english class.

Hello my name is Kyle. I am a Lycanthrope. Meaning I am a werewolf in your language. I have the ability to become a wolf at my command. In wolf form I am faster, stronger, and smarter than any normal wolf. In human for the same goes for that too. There are only slight side effects that keep me from excelling in the human world and becoming famous. The fact that I don’t want the press all in my business all the time and always  taking pictures of me could be a bad thing, especially sense I am what I am. No one can find out. Never. Unless I can make sure they don’t talk if you know what I mean. I am native to South America. Venezuela to be exact.

May 1, 2001
RING!!! RING!!! RING!!! RING!!! RING!!! RI…
“Hello”
“Get to the office now!”
“Its 9 am on a Saturday.”
“NOW!”
“Ok, Ok. Give me a minute I need to up first.”
“NOW!!!”
“Ok”
Ok so they want to call me in on a Saturday. Not cool. That’s my day to rest. Dang must be important though. Ok So my name is Kyle. I am a detective for the “Main Eye Detective Agency”. Big whoop. I am head detective but there is still a ton of people over me. Codie Trussler is my partner. He is a specially trained sharpshooter. Loves to show off his shooting skills. Must spend nearly 3grand a month in ammunition at the shooting range. CRAZY. Can you spell that I mean nearly $3000. Geezy cow he is loaded. Dang.

Well anyways I have to get to the office. Must be important to be calling me in on my off day. I wander what it is.
KNOCK! KNOCK!
“Hello.”
….. KNOCK!
“Who is it?”
“Me.”
“Who’s Me?”
“Traci.”
“Come in.”
“Hey.”
“Hey, what are you doing here?”
“I stop by to check on you every now and again remember?”
“Yeah, but you were here last night weren’t you?”
“Yeah, but thought I would wake you up and take you to breakfast.”
“Cant. I have to work today. Maybe tomorrow though.”
“Ok. Well I’ll go with you. I want to talk about something I heard.”
“Ok. Lets go”
We got to my car and were about to start the engine when something weird happened. Traci put her hand on mine and said “Hold on I need your complete attention.”
“Ok.”
“Melane is dead.”
“What?”
“Melane was discovered in her room slaughtered. Her throat was ripped out and looks like it was eaten. There are claw marks on the bed and window sill. I think it was the Chupacabra.”
“Crazy woman. Why do you bring up so much nonsense about mythical creatures and such?”
“They are real you non-believer.”
“I only believe in what I can get hard evidence on not the unseen or the non touchable.”
“That is why you are so closed minded. You need to be able to believe that there is something out therethat you can’t see or find with your people or knowledge.”
“You are the one that needs to learn to trust facts not myths.”
“I cant believe that you don’t believe in mystical creatures whe…”
“SHUT UP!!! Leave my car now never bring that up in public. Good Bye.”
“Cyle you can’t run from the truth.”
“GET OUT!”
“All right I’ll see you tonight with the ‘mixture’ of henba…”
“Not here!”
“Good Bye Cyle.”
Ok , she needs to learn to shut her mouth. She can’t bring up stuff like that in public. I need to teach her a lessen. Traci De’Long is a Modern day witch doctor. She tries to cure people of their illnesses with potions and herbs. Usually it works but I still don’t believe in it. Most people just get better and pay here the money they owe. I have only used her services once. That was for another reason altogether. I have a or had a brain disorder and it needed to be straightened out. It was similar to Alzheimer’s. Always forgetting things.

Anyhow Traci is about 5’5” and has a darker complexion and black hair that runs for about 5 feet. Typical South American Forest dwelling Hair style. Yep, she lives near the forest, right out side Caracas. That’s where I live right on the sea line. Love the view. Fog usually doesn’t settle until around noon.

Now for me to get to the office. The office about 10 blocks away and is inside of a shopping center. Makes me sound like a mall security guard but I’m not. We are only there because we are putting our name out there for people with disputes they want solved. We also have a private eye section of our branch. Usually pulls in some customers around the holidays.
Man I love the sound of my car. it’s a 69 Chevy Camaro SS. Has a 327 3 speed block shift rear posi-track 19” rims 22” drag slicks. Jet black with white racing stripes. Black leather interior. Bucket racing seats in the front, bench in the back. Powerful car. Hits an easy 170mph before losing slight control on the highway. Love to race some punks who think my car doesn’t have the balls to out speed some little rice burner.
Ok I pull up to the shopping mall. I am totally late. Its been about 30 minutes and I was supposed to come straight away. O well, they’ll get over it.
“Where were you?” Codie asked
“I was stopped by a beggar.” I lied
“You should have been here 20 minutes ago.”
“I know. Get over it.  I’m here now.”
“Just get inside.”
“Ok. So what’s this about?”
“Murder. Young girl named Melane was found this morning slaughtered in her bedroom. Throat torn out and looks like its missing. Claw marls all over her body and the surrounding area. People think it was an animal but we have finger prints, and a surveillance system caught the perpetrator entering and leaving the scene. No face though it was to dark. But something was odd, he moved out to quick to be human. He was able to jump down the 15 foot wave wall without even hesitating, didn’t even stop to recover.”
“Was there any shoe imprints?.”
“No, not even from his sprint out. Another odd thing is that he was welcomed in like a friend. Almost like she was expecting him to show up.”
“Weird. Ill check out the scene and tell you what I find. Is any one even there?”
“No. We were waiting for you to show up before we took off.”
“Who found the body?”
“Shaun Stayton found the body when he arrived home from Tahiti this morning. He was the husband. We have inside right now for some questioning.”
“Ok I’d like to speak to him. Ask him about family enemies and friends, as well as shady characters around the places they usually go to.”
“To late already taken care of. We got tired of waiting around and we called in AJ to question him.”
Damn I thought. AJ questioning him is like taking a bull into a china shop. He’s not delicate enough for an new mourner. He uses his muscle to much to even thing about taking it slow with a suspect. Frightens them way to quickly. He’s about 6’3” 210 pounds solid muscle. Short Red Hair and a beard to match. Varsity wrestler in high school. Again I say he wasn’t delicate enough always muscled his way through a match. Never took the time to learn much technique. Didn’t matter much though, he was still a district qualifier.
“Ok, I’ll asses the damage and ill take it from here.”
“No can do buddy. Need you to go with me.”
“What?”
“You need to go with us. To the seen of the crime.”
“Ok. Lets take my car to the ferry.”
“Ok.”
On the way to the ferry I stopped off by Oddie Reeds house. He wasn’t there I figured id go to his usual hang out. He was there just like I expected. “Hey.”
“Was sup Cyle?”
“I need some help figuring out who this is.”
“Who?”
“This guy.” Oddie got real nervous and tried to say he didn’t know who the guy was. I figured that Oddie was afraid if him or something. “Oddie, I can protect you tell me who he is.”
“Ok his name is Schlock. He kills several people a year I think he is your main killer in town. I don’t know where he is now he split town a few days ago. That’s all I have to say. Good Bye.”

“Okay, we need to find Schlock somewhere out of town. Go and find him. Now!”  I said to the dispatch. Get back to head quarters.
“I need to arrest you Cyle.”…
“What?”
On the way back to the station Codie didn’t say a word. Codie leads the way into an interrogation room and closes the door behind him. About 6 minutes pass before he talks again. “Why were you over there in her room Cyle?’
“What?”
“We found Finger prints in her room and on her”
“No way, seriously?”

“Yep your finger prints were the ones found the house we need you for questioning.”
“They were mine?”
“Yes, and the fact that you were a good friend of hers, we need to know where you have been the past couple of nights.”
“Ok. Umm do you need an alibi?” I can get one from my doctor.”
“We don’t know exactly when the killings were. All we know is that your fingerprints were found on her body and that they were also in her room.”  “Ok I was over there Thursday night doing a routine checkup on her because her husband has been out of town. She has been going crazy these past couple of weeks. Talking about how things are going to start happening.”
“What kind of things?”
“Dark mysterious things such as werewolves coming for her because she was the only person able to stop them.”
“Quit trying to make her sound crazy Cyle.”
“I’m not, Codie. She really was talking about this nonsense. I never wanted to make her angry so I went along. Just to make her feel like she wasn’t going crazy. I was trying to make her try and forget so I started talking about something else. She wouldn’t give up the topic though. I was about to leave when she called me back. She asked me to keep our secret to the grave.”
“I am afraid you will have to tell me what that secret is unless you want me to take you into custody.”
“You cant make me. I promised her and it is very bad to break a promise to a dead person or an alive person. Never will I tell you what has happened.”
“You have to tell me Cyle. It’s the only way to clear your name.”
“Never!!”
“Cyle Quit talking nonsense. You know what you have to do. Don’t make me use force and I know you don’t like force.”
“Alright, alright. I’ll never tell you!”
“Gosh you really are stupid aren’t you. Ok you left me no choice.” Codie pulls out his knife and rips off my shirt. He takes the tip of the knife down my chest and stops right above my abdomen. ”I’m giving you one more chance. Tell me or ill have a piece of skin on my placard wall tonight.”
“Never. It will incriminate me and make Melane look bad.”
“Tell Me Cyle, Why do you care about a dead person so much? Did you and her have something to live for or was she a lover to you? Tell me Cyle, huh was she your Mistress or was she just some broad to you? Did you thank her every time or did you just leave. I am her brother damn it. I deserve to know why you went over there constantly. NOW!” Frustration built up in his eyes and tears starting to form in the corners of his eyes.
“She was a partner in my business.” Cyle said with tears streaming out of his eyes. “I loved her with a passion that burned hotter than the sun. I loved her so deeply you couldn’t split us with the sharpest knife.” Cyle was starting to get frustrated. He wasn’t seeing any change in his partners face. Codie stepped away wiping his face with his sleeve.  He finally going to surrender to Kyle’s will when he turned to see Kyle laughing.
“What are you Laughing at.”
“You cant tell me you don’t know already.”
“Know what?”
“I am the one who turned your sister ‘mad’.”
“What are you talking about?”
“I am a werewolf.”
“What?”
“yes How could you have not known. I have been leaving clues for years. All the time alone in the woods. All the meat in my house. All my ‘hunting’ expeditions. I even took you with me a few times. How could you have not know I was changing in the middle of the night.”
“I thought you were leaving to set up a deer stand.”
“Nope wrong again.” SNAP! The handcuffs fell to the floor when they got snapped off with the flick of his wrist. Total strength. Cyle leaves and never comes back Codie is totally shocked and breaks down crying.

Holy gently caress Me It"s Been Too Long!!

#2 2008-07-07 12:21:31

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Re: This is a project story i wrote for school....it isnt very good.

For a rough draft and a quick attempt, this had an interesting idea and quite a bit of potential, Mixxdup.

It could be developed into a very decent short story. There were several grammatical anomalies, the narrative changed perspective and tense structure a couple of times, and there were a few spelling issues too - but again, it's a rough draft from what I can tell, so no worries there.

The storyline was interesting, including the misdirection involving Schlock, but at the end I couldn't tell if Cyle meant to kill Melanie or if it was an accident of some sort. Also, if he killed Melanie without remorse, why did he leave Codie alive? It was just a little inconsistent since there was no further explanation.

Again, given some polishing, this could be a pretty darn good short story - if you play it right.

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#3 2008-07-07 16:18:20

Goldie

hmm, i find this reads out like a script or story board, intresting way to present it. smile

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#4 2008-07-08 23:01:09

MIXXDUP

Thanks. I wrote it in roughly 6 hours for a school thing. I didnt have an outline and it is all off the top of my head and im not very good at english as a lot of you can tell.

#5 2010-06-28 05:04:55

MIXXDUP

I just re-read this post. WOW, I really need to rewrite this. after that I will do a follow up and post it again.

#6 2011-04-16 13:33:26

Oldwolf81

No, it is'nt. needs rework

the texas octogenerian
wolf favorite animal

Board footer