lol

Smoooooth!

<3

#52 2009-01-23 00:40:56

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Admitting you are a Therian

They called it The Delerium...

And I'm thoroughly embarrassed to know that.

White Wolf was based out of Atlanta (Stone Mountain actually) and they had (have?) Werewolves on their staff, so some of it sorta bled over.

The reason I know that, though, is that I was discussing social transparency with a Therian friend and mentioned that White Wolf actually got a few things right and he told me how they got a few things right.

#53 2009-01-23 19:00:38

WolfMontana

WolfVanZandt wrote:

They called it The Delerium...

And I'm thoroughly embarrassed to know that.

Ha! Awesome wink  And thanks for the word wink

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#54 2009-01-23 21:52:44

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Heh. Fenrir, I call that social transparency. It comes in handy sometimes. I told one of the members of the gospel group I was in that I was a Werewolf. Less than a year later, I mentioned it and it shocked him as if I had never mentioned it.

How do you forget that someone said they're a Werewolf?

Some things, evidently, don't stick in people's minds very well.

Thanks, I guess I don't really care for them to know.

Synchronicity

#55 2009-01-23 22:49:11

WolfVanZandt
Website

Indeed. It's a definite advantage unless you're trying to be waited on in a restaurant....

#56 2009-01-24 08:21:04

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Indeed. It's a definite advantage unless you're trying to be waited on in a restaurant....

lol Thanks, I believe you made my situation much more of a lighthearted thing.

Synchronicity

#57 2009-02-23 11:52:56

chaotic wolf
Website

Personally, if I told anyone, they would automatically label me mentally unstable... I almost told a close friend of mind but I got this "are you kidding me" stare and I sort of laughed it off in a light way. My parents on the other hand... my mom might not care that much, except call me insane, and then move on. My dad would give the "look", like my friends, and then he would ask me if I needed some help. He would then insist that he sign me up to see a psychiatrist. Then, there are a few people that I know who insist that they are werewolves and that they are fighting with a few vampires down the street (these are 12 year old kids were talking about here). I think there were maybe a couple of true were's that I might have met but they would have never told me they were such. Some of my old friends though, that I have known for more than 4 years, they wouldn't have been surprised about it... they would have taken it on and asked some of the standard questions relating to therianism. I guess I would tell friends, close friends that would have known me for a while, otherwise noone shall really know. smile

Chaos is but a state of mind.... Entropy is what rules us all.

#58 2009-02-23 12:08:55

WerewolfLeaAnn

Well, if they haven't figured it out it, you should probably tell your closest friend...

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#59 2009-02-23 12:18:50

Daninsky
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Heh. Fenrir, I call that social transparency. It comes in handy sometimes. I told one of the members of the gospel group I was in that I was a Werewolf. Less than a year later, I mentioned it and it shocked him as if I had never mentioned it.

How do you forget that someone said they're a Werewolf?
Some things, evidently, don't stick in people's minds very well.

Well, if somebody claimed to me that he was a werewolf (and remember that we talk a person that uses means of magic to turn into a wolf in that moment) I would marvel if said person has lost some of his marbles or more likely just don't take him serious. smile

Now, if you say therian I would still line you up for the looney bin, but in the mostly harmless section along with the people that believe in Jesus, UFO's or being Witches or such stuff ... reincarnation is high on that list, too.
Some of us just prefer to put a more rational view on the world. big_smile

I do wonder though, therians would make natural Budhists I guess. After all those guys do believe in a spiritual connection of all the animal kingdom if I remember that correct, and well, yeah, there's that whole shamanism angle that most (if not all) old native religions had.

Last edited by Daninsky (2009-02-23 17:23:39)

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#60 2009-02-23 18:29:04

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

I said therian, then my dad said.. "Then I'd be buddhist."

I never really asked hm, plus he threw out a story, and then said, "How does that relate to your therian theory, boy?"

I think he just either A) Gave himself up.

Or B) Is trying to pull me out.

<3

#61 2009-02-24 01:54:45

DelawareWolf17

He adressed you as "boy"?

Jeez...

Exhausted Workercog

#62 2009-02-24 06:08:08

chaotic wolf
Website

WerewolfLeaAnn wrote:

Well, if they haven't figured it out it, you should probably tell your closest friend...

thats the thing, when i did try to tell them about it, she just gave me that "are you kidding me" and I laughed it off. I mean, I have only known her for like 6 months and I don't many many, or any, close friends that I have known long than a year. Thats one of the main reasons why I came online, to let myself loose, in a matter of words. *sigh*

LycanJayBoy wrote:

I said therian, then my dad said.. "Then I'd be buddhist."

I never really asked hm, plus he threw out a story, and then said, "How does that relate to your therian theory, boy?"

I think he just either A) Gave himself up.

Or B) Is trying to pull me out.

yea, um, I found it best and easiest to avoid fathers entirely. For me, its tough to brng guys over because my dad will get extremely weird, thinking they might be my boyfriend or something... sad

#63 2009-02-24 08:09:36

WerewolfLeaAnn

chaotic wolf wrote:

thats the thing, when i did try to tell them about it, she just gave me that "are you kidding me" and I laughed it off. I mean, I have only known her for like 6 months and I don't many many, or any, close friends that I have known long than a year. Thats one of the main reasons why I came online, to let myself loose, in a matter of words. *sigh*
yea, um, I found it best and easiest to avoid fathers entirely. For me, its tough to brng guys over because my dad will get extremely weird, thinking they might be my boyfriend or something... sad

Well, I would never know about fathers, (long story), but I know that feeling. You see, Before, I was scared somebody would think I'm crazy, then I got where I just don't care what people think of me, as long as they didn't try to kill me or anything.

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#64 2009-02-24 10:11:52

Daninsky
Website

chaotic wolf wrote:

Don't worry, fathers are by genetic law required to react that way. smile

I guess it's just that we remember our youth in that moment and expect this youth to be just the same.
But we can't have that, now can we? *snicker*

Last edited by Daninsky (2009-02-24 10:12:29)

#65 2009-02-24 12:03:02

chaotic wolf
Website

WerewolfLeaAnn wrote:

Well, I would never know about fathers, (long story), but I know that feeling. You see, Before, I was scared somebody would think I'm crazy, then I got where I just don't care what people think of me, as long as they didn't try to kill me or anything.

Sorry, about the father thing. I mean, i love my dad and all, he's really great, but its just sometimes he reaacts badly to things, usually when it has something to do with things relatively taboo in nature. And, about your view, I think thats what I think regarding people who don't question our existance. Its those who rediculously say that we don't exist, some religious zealots,

Danisky wrote:

Don't worry, fathers are by genetic law required to react that way.

I guess it's just that we remember our youth in that moment and expect this youth to be just the same.
But we can't have that, now can we? *snicker*

YUS! Let us blame genetic law... Damn that law! If only it didn't exist, then regular peoples could get on with their identities and we wouldn't have to face the difficulties that has plagued us for far too long. *sigh* But it's all still hopeful thinking. roll

EQUAL TREATMENT OF WERE'S!!! :Dall still hopeful thinking. roll

Last edited by chaotic wolf (2009-02-24 12:06:53)

#66 2009-02-24 18:10:09

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

If a daughter has a boyfriend, the dad wants what's best.. and it's kinda fun freakin' him out.

<3

#67 2009-02-24 21:55:01

chaotic wolf
Website

:3   OMG, I do that with my sister's guy friends.... big_smile

I walk up to my dad and tell him, "oh, she's with that guy, so-and-so."
He goes up to them, when they are walking up to the house, and asks, "soooo, who's your friend?"
She's like, "he's a friend dad" and my dad is like"uh huh."
And then he gives her that I dont believe you stare and continues watching her for the rest of the evening! big_smile

GOD, i love to set up those scenes. And, since she is my younger sister, the "baby", she gets a lot of the brute attention and force of the dad, our dad! big_smile

#68 2009-02-25 00:03:37

-Spike-
Website

Hehehehe I like making it really awkward for my brother when he has his girlfriend over. They'd be in his room and I would walk in and say "don't be silly, wrap your willy." lol that's when I run off and they're all like wtf lol

How bout d'em Yankees?

#69 2009-02-25 00:44:06

WolfVanZandt
Website

Daninsky, "Therians" do not believe in the spiritual connection between all animals. Some Therians believe in the spiritual connection between all animals. I have no idea what would be meant by "spiritual connection between all animals". I'm sure there's a way that it could be interpreted that would garner my approval but there's probably a trivial interpretation that would garner anyone's approval.

#70 2009-02-25 08:40:17

Daninsky
Website

Ah well, Buddhists believe in the reincarnation of humans as animals and vice-versa, that seems to be a lot how therians think the world works.
If we for a moment ignore those otakukin that believe to be manga characters. *rofl*

Last edited by Daninsky (2009-02-25 08:40:37)

#71 2009-02-25 20:02:05

chaotic wolf
Website

hehe... big_smile

Well, certainly, I believe, that many do indeed hold a belief of some sort of "life" after death, whether that be heaven or reincarnation. This doesn't only hold true to humans but holds true to therians as well. Maybe therians more so, but they are quite large in majority percentages. It gives people a sense of well being, whether or not they want to listen to nature's voice is beyond them, many just wish for personal salvation. sad Which then leads us to the destruction of our most valued lands, those untouched by the stain of human hands. The filth and outright sin held there, forgive me, taints much of what I hold as home. I nearly grew up in the woods and the disrespect many people had shown it was very sad. I am with nature's creatures when I do indeed fear the wrath of mankind.

#72 2009-02-25 23:51:43

WolfVanZandt
Website

It seems relevant to me that the very people who has historically and classically believed in reincarnation for thousands of years does not have a concept of a Werewolf as someone who is an animal reincarnated as a Human. Their concept of a were is a person who projects their mind into the body of a currently living animal.

#73 2009-02-26 07:40:11

Daninsky
Website

I wonder which people we are talking here?
Spritual projection, that's Shamanistic territory, right?

@chaotic: Sounds a lot like therians are a variation (off-spring?) of the Wiccan movement.

#74 2009-02-26 11:57:23

WerewolfLeaAnn

No, it is more of a native american belief, than a wiccan one.

#75 2009-02-26 12:06:07

chaotic wolf
Website

i dont think so, i think both have existed alongside each other for thousands of years, as it is suggested in the paganistic gods that humans worshipped in that they represent animals, some being completely animal and some taking both human and animal forms... the most prominent evidence from ancient egypt itself? Did they worship the early therians and those were-animal people carried on, through time, as the gods that many continued to worship. Granted, this is a stretching idea but it does seem plausible.

Board footer