The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2010-05-27 23:30:01

Viergacht

Re: Wolf Moon (previously known as Dark Moon Rising)

I caught it On Demand, sort of. Oh GOD was it boring. After staring at a bunch of characters basically doing not much of anything for an hour I literally fell asleep.

#27 2010-05-28 01:38:22

SouthPaw

What is up with orc werewolves these days?

#28 2010-05-28 08:27:46

zockereinstein

SouthPaw wrote:

What is up with orc werewolves these days?

Someone should call Sauron to bring them back to Mordor... sorry, I've lost his phone number.

#29 2010-05-28 17:58:44

SouthPaw

I wish more art books would be released for these types of mediocre/shitty movies.  It would make it easier to figure out what they did wrong during the concept phase.  I'm not sure what I would use for better reference material though, if I had to design a werewolf.

#30 2010-05-29 07:15:06

zockereinstein

SouthPaw wrote:

I wish more art books would be released for these types of mediocre/shitty movies.  It would make it easier to figure out what they did wrong during the concept phase.  I'm not sure what I would use for better reference material though, if I had to design a werewolf.

I've seen some of that artwork out there, and in most cases it is very good. The problem is when the producer enters in, and decides to save some money in the werewolf costume/transformation. And the result is the typical one. Bad, extremely bad. They still don't know that even with good acting/script/photography/direction or the sum of them all in a werewolf movie, if the werewolf fails, then does the whole movie.

Weeeell, I must confess that there are some exceptions out there. For example, Dog Soldiers is perhaps the best mainstream werewolf movie in the last 15 years, and the werewolves looked like tall people with stuffed wolf heads in. And better not to say anything about the TFs... I mean, the nonexistant TFs.

Last edited by zockereinstein (2010-05-29 07:19:14)

#31 2010-05-31 23:47:22

WereWolfH

zockereinstein wrote:

SouthPaw wrote:

I've seen some of that artwork out there, and in most cases it is very good. The problem is when the producer enters in, and decides to save some money in the werewolf costume/transformation. And the result is the typical one. Bad, extremely bad. They still don't know that even with good acting/script/photography/direction or the sum of them all in a werewolf movie, if the werewolf fails, then does the whole movie.

Weeeell, I must confess that there are some exceptions out there. For example, Dog Soldiers is perhaps the best mainstream werewolf movie in the last 15 years, and the werewolves looked like tall people with stuffed wolf heads in. And better not to say anything about the TFs... I mean, the nonexistant TFs.

WHY DOES EVERYONE NEED A FREAKIN' TRANSFORMATION? That could cost loads. Here's a clever idea, just have the camera show a victim's reaction to hearing a snarling sound. Also a cheap thing to do is that haunted house trick where you have a trick of light that transforms a person into a werewolf.

The only thing I didn't like about Dog Soldiers was the bell bottom feet. smile I know this is not the right post but are we gonna get a sequel to this movie or what? (DS 2)

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#32 2010-06-01 01:54:01

Viergacht

WereWolfH wrote:

WHY DOES EVERYONE NEED A FREAKIN' TRANSFORMATION?

Cause that's kind of the whole point of it being a werewolf and not just some random hairy monster!

#33 2010-06-01 03:56:24

SouthPaw

zockereinstein wrote:

Hopefully more films will figure out a decent middle ground that allows for some innovation in werewolf designs without sacrificing too much quality.  I wasn't impressed with the werewolf costumes in Dog Soldiers either.  The snappy dialog carried the film very well, but they could have probably just as easily swapped werewolves with vampires, aliens, or zombies and kept a similar tone to that standoff scenario.

#34 2010-06-01 09:51:26

zockereinstein

WereWolfH wrote:

zockereinstein wrote:

SouthPaw wrote:

WHY DOES EVERYONE NEED A FREAKIN' TRANSFORMATION? That could cost loads. Here's a clever idea, just have the camera show a victim's reaction to hearing a snarling sound. Also a cheap thing to do is that haunted house trick where you have a trick of light that transforms a person into a werewolf.

The only thing I didn't like about Dog Soldiers was the bell bottom feet. smile I know this is not the right post but are we gonna get a sequel to this movie or what? (DS 2)

I've told you... it is HALF of the movie. And I'm sure that most people here agree with me.

Board footer