The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-10 00:23:35

night_beast

Back Of The Pack.

WARNING!CONTAINS A FEW NAUGHTY WORDS AND SICK BITS LIKE PEOPLE RIPPING BIRDS HEADS OFF!INCLUDES THIS PART AND ANY OTHERS!YOU MAY NOT THINK THEY ARE BUT STILL!!
hey guys!first story!hope u enjoy it!

BACK OF THE PACK.
PART 1.

"what did you do...?"
"..."
"what did you do?!"
"I...I..."
"TELL ME!"
"I killed them!"
"WHO?!"
"Muma and Pupa!"
"Merula..."
BANG!BANG!
"oh shite!come on lets go."
"no!I don't wanna leave!"
BANG!BANG!
"LET US IN!YOU STUPID BASTARDS OPEN THE DOOR!"
"fine I'll drag you!"
"ahh!"
That was the night Merula and I left our house,our dead parents,and the werewolves that
raided the village.My name is Salem Sythe and my little sister is called Merula Sythe.Merula
killed our mother and father by stabbing them to death with a butcher knife.She's only 9 but
she is deadly.They always said she was not normal,skilled with swords.Turns out that's what
killed them...I'm not normal either.When I was 7 I fell into an open coffin with a dead guy
in it.Turns out he wasn't dead in the first place.He was a vampire.His DNA mixed with mine
somehow and I'm a half vampire now.I'm 17 by the way.My mother and father were werewolf
hunters and this particular pack had 7 members killed by my parents.Thats why they raided
the village.
"HEY!LOOK!THERES SOME OF THEM OVER THERE!"
"damn it!Come on,run faster!"
"I cant...I'm too tired..."
"I'll carry you."
"thank you Salem..."
I am stronger than most people so she was easy to carry and I am faster than most people so
running wasn't that hard.The wind gushed past us as I ran at top speed.Neither of us cared
where we went,as long as the werewolves were not there.The pack started to chase after us.They
were also very fast and agile.I saw a brown blur beside me.They were catching up.Up ahead
was a large boulder.GOOD,I though,OUR TICKET OUT.When I was close enough to the boulder,I
jumped and landed on the top of it.The werewolves all smacked there faces into it.
"SUCKERS!"I yelled.I could hear them groaning and screaming with pain below.There was no
time to waste,for they would heal quickly.Again,I started running at top speed so there was
a great distance between us.
"Salem?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm hungry...can we get some food please?"
"not yet..."
"ohhh..."
To avoid them spotting us,I jumped into the trees and made my way across the sky.Not that
long later,I spotted a village.
"look Merula!A village!"
"does that mean we can eat...?"
"yes."
"yay!"

TEN YEARS LATER...
"nice hit!"
"thanks."
Merula was training her sword skills for the next attack and escape.I had been bitten by one
of the werewolves from ten years earlier.Now I am half vampire and half werewolf.Since then,
me and Merula had become members of the pack.Now we ran from,firstly,the people that shunned us that when
found out what we were,would grab their gardening tools and torches and try to kill us.Then
we had to kill all of them.Then the police would get involved so we had to run away to the
next chosen location.It was hard but we had to do it.
"Salem!Salem!" a guy from our pack,Kain,was calling as he ran to us.
"what?"
"the villagers..."
"oh shite.Merula!Its time to go!"
"alright!"
The villagers had found out and were coming for us.I could see the light of their torches
and hear the clanging of their weapons.I put my fingers together in the shape of a triangle
and said my transformation spell.
"I am a creature of the night,
give me my wings so i can fly through the darkness,
give me the mist of the purest black to protect me,
I am a creature of the night so give me my fangs,
or I will fall into the strong sunlight that will kill me."
A gush of wind blew between my fingers and covered me.I spread my wings,just to check if
they were there.I could hear them now chanting,getting closer and closer.
"here we go!" I yelled.I could hear the cracking of bones and squelching of things changing
themselves.
"ready...GO!!" the pack leader yelled.I sprang off the ground in a black mist and landed in
a tall tree.I then spread my wings and flew down to the villagers.In the voice of my were-
wolf,I said "YOU HAVE FOUND US OUT...NOW DIE!!" the werewolves sprung from the shadows and
attacked them.I started to feast on other humans that tried to get away.When there was no
more humans in sight,I flew into the night sky and searched below.I spotted a human running
away.
"MERULA!MALE HUMAN SOUTH!"
I then saw the shadow of Merula running,then coming behind him and chopping off his head.
"good job,everyone." said the pack leader,Zev "now everyone we need to go." and the pack
started to run off into the night.I changed back into my normal form and ran with them.I saw
Merula running next to me.Her black hair whipped behind her as she ran and her fair skin and green eyes glowed in the moonlight.We had to go last because we were not fully werewolves.We were at the
back of the pack.There was a faint shouting coming from where we just were."police..." I
whispered "yeah,better run faster." Merula said.She's changed so much since that day.Much
stronger,harder,faster,agile,and has better senses."man,I'm hungry." she said and reached out
to the side.There was a screech as she broke a birds neck.She ripped its head off with her
mouth and sucked the flesh off its skull,including the feathers.I heard her spitting the
skull out and then she ate the rest of the bird.She can also eat things raw.We started to
fall behind so we kicked it up a notch.The rushing of the wind rang in my ears as I ran
faster.When we had reached our next location,we stopped.The moon was starting to go down.
"time to change back." Zev said.I put my hands together and closed my eyes and imagined a
place of light and happiness.When I opened my eyes,everyone was back to normal.I looked to
my left and I saw Merula sleeping on the ground.Thats one thing that hasn't changed.

Last edited by night_beast (2008-08-10 23:40:21)

♥_!The magical cheese pile I live in also grants wishes!_♥

#2 2008-08-10 13:57:51

wolfsongx

Re: Back Of The Pack.

Hmm, interesting beginning night_beast.  That Merula is quite a character.

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#3 2008-08-10 17:08:56

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

This is a curious story, night_beast - you have an interesting premise that merges mythologies in a fresh way. You have a little bit of character development for Merula, as told by your narrator - enough so that we are interested in the sources of her quirks. She kills her parents and eats birds and raw meat, but it's the narrator who's a vampire/werewolf hybrid; I'd be expecting her quirks from him. Needless to say, the reader is wanting to find out more about this pair. 

The story shows a potential for a lot of description and character development, but the story moves so fast that those opportunities pass by in a flash. If your intention is to expand this story later on, I think you'll have a few tremendous opportunities to have the reader get to know your characters well.

Keep it coming!

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#4 2008-08-10 23:38:31

night_beast

thanks um i was ment to put in a bit describing Merula but i forgot...ill put that in right now...

#5 2008-08-11 00:27:43

night_beast

heres the next part.its shorter than the last one but i cant think of anything yet...

BACK OF THE PACK.
PART 2.

We all went around and explored the new village we found.It looked horrible.Everything was
in ruins like something had ripped through it and only left the burnt buildings and scorched
ground.I went into one of the houses that was only slightly ruined.On the walls was several
splatters of blood and there was a foul smell coming from the basement.I followed the smell
and found the door that lead to the room below.While slowly opening the door,I looked around
the small basement and found the source of this putrid smell.On the floor lay two bodies,
rotting and still covered in blood.I dared myself to go closer to them and see their faces.
I gasped.
"no...no no no...this is..."
They were my dead parents.My sister had obviously heard me and came to see what was going on.
"what's up?"
"that..."
She looked down at the bloody corpses on the floor.
"holey shite...thats..."
"I know..."
"oh man.I gotta get outa here..."
"yeah...lets go..."
We ran out of the house to find Zev."what do you want?" he said when we found him."in the
house...our parents are..." we tried to say "spit it out!" he yelled "our parents are in one
of the houses,rotting in the basement!" I yelled at him "oh crap...Merula...didn't she?" he
mumbled "yes I did and I'm not ashamed of what I did.They deserved it for what they did to
Salem." Merula belted out.When she realised what she had said she covered her mouth with her
hands.Zev laughed and said "if you don't mind me asking what they did to you?" "they would
beat me...curse me...trap me in a basement with silver crosses and light pouring through.
Just because I am half vampire." I whispered.Zev looked shocked and said "oh shite...sorry to
have brung that up..." "Its okay.You didn't do the bad stuff..." I said "well,I better tell
everyone to get outa here and go to the next location tonight." he said "cool.Thanks."
Merula and I said in unison.As the memories of this place came flooding into my mind,I lay
down and fell to sleep.I dreamed of mindless zombies rising from their graves and raiding the
village.My mother and father told Merula to run away and never come back.They didn't tell me
anything and left me locked in the basement to die.I heard Merula screaming out to me
"Salem!Salem!Get out of there!Salem!"
As my conscience returned to the real world,I heard Merula calling my name and felt someone
shaking me.I opened my eyes to see her staring down at me and shaking me.
"SALEM!!!"
"I'm awake!I'm awake!"
"its nearly night time."
"okay.Is that it...?"
"you wish!We were getting everything ready for us to leave when Nero saw something moving in
the window of a house and out came a ghost!A real ghost!"
"and...?"
"and now theres even more of them!"
"but there not doing anyone any harm,are they?"
"if you think sucking the souls out of everyone is not doing any harm,then no."
"holey crap!We need to do something!"
"no shite Sherlock.But what are we going to do?We know nothing about banishing ghosts."
"I think I do..."
Merula gave me a strange look as I rose and went outside.The sky was almost black and there
was a faint screaming coming from near our camp site.I put my fingers together in the shape
of a triangle and said my transformation spell
"I am a creature of the night,
give me my wings so i can fly through the darkness,
give me the mist of the purest black to protect me,
I am a creature of the night so give me my fangs,
or I will fall into the strong sunlight that will kill me."
I ran as fast as I could to the camp.Laying around the fire was about five bodies.There eyes
were gray and there skin was pale.I could sense a faint life in them but it was not enough to
keep them going.I had to find out a way to dispose of those ghosts,and fast or there would
be no more of the pack left,except Merula and I.There was a strange sound coming from one of
the houses and then a creature that took the form of a silhouette jumped out at me.
"SHADOW CLOAK!" I yelled and a black mist covered me.The beast flew off and crashed into a
pile of wood.
"thats no ghost..."I whispered.I ran back to where Merula was last.
"Merula!Those things are not ghosts!"
"there not...?"
"no!One attacked me just then!Ghosts are transparent!They are not silhouettes!"
"okay...thats weird..."
I went into the room finally and saw a sick sight.Merula was laying on the floor,bleeding.
I saw a hand in one corner of the room,a leg leaning on the wall,and her head was on a stake
that stuck out of the floor.
"oh god...Merula..." I whispered and nearly threw up.

#6 2008-08-22 01:58:21

night_beast

ok heres part...3!=P

BACK OF THE PACK.
PART 3.

"I never got an answer to my question..." Merula's mouth didn't move but the words came out
from the air and mingled with the other sounds.
"what...?"
"my question..."
"what question?"
"what...does the blood of others taste like...?"
I stood there,trying to figure out what she said and then I had a sudden flash back.I
remembered from when we were young.Merula and I had gone out to our mothers garden.It was
early spring and the cherry blossom trees were covered in pink and white blossoms.In the
middle of the garden stood a giant Willow.At the bottom of the trunk was a circle of Draba
and Phlox.As I sat down under the Willow and opened my bag to get the sandwiches,Merula
gazed out at the evening sky and said in a dazed voice "tell me brother...what does the
blood of others taste like...?" I then looked at her standing as still as a wooden post in
her pink and yellow dress and never answered.
"so...will you tell me brother...?" her sickly voice brought me back.
"yes...if you want to know..."
"I do..."
"It taste of your own sins..." as I said this her small pink lips crumbled to dust and her
thick black hair fell from her head to the floor in strands and then burst into flames and
disappeared as it burned.Her emerald green eyes melted from her face and blobbed onto the
ground.Her fair skin peeled off and fell in flakes.
"how dare you..." she said in a voice that sounded like a thousand spirits.
"HOW DARE YOU SAY SUCH A THING!!!"
"Its true..." I said and then thought of an idea.
"if you don't believe me then why don't you have a try of your own?See what it really tastes
like..."
Her figure returned to how it was before.She bit her lip and a small drop of blood formed.
She stretched a long,twisted tongue out and licked up the blood greedily.she looked at me
with a vicious look in her eyes.I could hear a hissing coming from her torn off limbs.
"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" she screamed.I laughed and put my fingers into the shape of a heart.I
pointed it at her and said
"to the loved one who has been corrupted,
let your heart be shattered and reborn,
for there is a layer of darkness set on it,
and it will only come off if I say 'I hate you'
so my dear sister,
I hate you."
There was a black mist that covered the room and I went blind for a bit.When it cleared,I
the figure of Merula standing in the middle of the room.
"Salem..." she whispered as she collapsed into my arms.I lay her on the ground and lay down
next to her.There was u puddle of rain next to my face and I could see my face in it.My
black hair covered most of my face and my blood eyes glowed in the night.My pale skin gave
off a strange glow,not like Merula.I slowly closed my eyes and went to sleep.When I awoke it
was early morning and i could hear the noises of our pack getting up.Nero came through the
door and beamed at me.
"Salem.Come out here we all have something to show you."
I sleepily walked out and looked out at the pack.There were several giant tables covered in
food.Merula was sitting by one of them and had a mug full of beer and she was waving it at
me.Then everyone yelled
"THANK YOU SALEM!!" I guessed this had something to do with the experience last night so I
just sat down and ate till it was dark.

#7 2008-08-22 07:30:36

werer
Sniffer
Website

I don't mean to be critical towards your work, but I find it hard to immerse myself in your story, I find it a bit rushed, even putting another line in between paragraphs, and adding a bit of description would help slow it down and allow the reader to enjoy it more, I may be wrong, I'm no expert, Grayle is more of the mastermind.  Other than that, I find I really like it, and hope to read more

Last edited by werer (2008-08-22 07:32:22)

There's a method to my madness, and a madness to my method.
When you feel your skin startin' to itch, and your senses start to reel, it's werewolf time!
*Sniff sniff* I smell art! big_smile

#8 2008-08-22 23:40:25

night_beast

i noooo...i always do that with stories...its annoying...

Board footer