The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-21 16:31:10

archenemyfan
Website

Dreamland

An Introduction to Dreamland

NOTE: THIS IS A NEW INTRODUCTION, NOT AN OLD ONE.

Well, this is my second (actually third, because I never finished my second one) book on the site(s). I had been wanting to do a book like this for a long time. A VERY long time. It started out when I heard about 'the Area 51 Caller' on youtube and I became freaked out. But it was good, because it gave me the inspiration to write the book. smile So, when I started, I thought: Oh, damn, it's aliens, not werewolves...
There I thought I wouldn't get as many views. Like I thought I wouldn't get any at all. And especially when the sites that I'm on are associated with werewolves. (well werewolf.com isn't.) Then I had the greatest idea: Remember in Halo when Master Chief had to battle the flood? That was what I did to the characters in the story. And I am still working on Bloodpact II: Vengeance, well I started it, but Dreamland will be finished before Bloodpact II. Then, I decided that this would be very interesting...
I typed it up on werewolf.com and I had over 200 views in 2 days. 2 DAYS! Bloodpact I got about 100 views in a week! This was going to be successful. But I know that I'm not the best in writing, and I'm not a Stephen King, but I will do my best to freak you out in this book. wink
Think about Area 51...the mythology and legends. Tie it in with werewolves and what do you get?
A LOT OF BLOOD....
And what else?
SECRETS THAT WEREN'T MEANT TO BE DISCOVERED

So, here's a preview about the book:

It's summer of 2008, and one young man convinces his 3 friends to go with him on an Area 51 trip, THROUGH THE BASE. Rumor has it that the base is abandoned due to radiation contamination. And when the group of 4 go up to the base, they meet another crew and go in together. What they didn't know was that it was abandoned for a reason. And that's not the only reason why the government shut it down....
Project Nightfall was at its peak when all hell broke loose. Leaving many workers not able to escape, the base had been left to rot along with the employees. But, when the group of eight discover the horror that had the base shut down, they know they have to get out, and even if they get out...
Even if you scream, who will hear you?

THERE WILL BE BLOOD....

Here is the original overview from werewolf.com/z3 site:

Among the harsh Nevada desert, many secrets lie in the wake. Including the most secretive military installation base. It goes by many names...Dreamland, Groom Lake, Paradise Ranch, Home Base, Watertown Strip, and the most well-known name of all: Area 51.
After a group of friends plan a break-in of the infamous base, they head out to the South Central desert to follow their plan, they discover that there aren't any 'Camo Dudes' or employees at the base. As they venture into the base, they discover the base's biggest secret: another base, deep underground. Every step they take, every turn they take changes their fate. As for what waits at the bottom, there is something so terrifying and bestial that no one can stop it....and it's not aliens. Now, they have to race against time and escape the underground base and make sure the creatures don't leave the area before anyone else gets killed.
Even if you can scream, who will hear you?

So...what do you think? Good plot? Exciting? Scary? Let me know please....
big_smile

Until then,

Arch

PS: PLEASE REMEMBER THIS BOOK HAS LANGUAGE/VIOLENCE!

Last edited by archenemyfan (2008-08-21 16:33:27)

If you are a true werewolf believer, join this site! (I'm Archy there too!) http://z3.invisionfree.com/Werewolf_Home/index.php?
It doesn't matter where we die...
It doesn't matter that you cry....
WE WILL TAKE YOU WITH US...

#2 2008-08-22 19:02:01

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Re: Dreamland

It's a very attention-getting synopsis, Arch - both of them. It does remind me of certain games, like Area 51, Half-Life, and F.E.A.R., but it has your own take on it, and promises to be quite a thriller!

I'm assuming that the storyline may take the similar stance of horror/thriller movies, and it certainly has potential to shock your audience over and over again. Granted, this kind of story is not personally my cup of tea, but I'd say go for it!

BTW - you synopsis reminds me of the setup for Zeroes2heroes, a self publishing/marketing site. you might like to check it out. Here's a link:
http://www.zeros2heroes.com/

Last edited by Grayle (2008-08-22 19:07:33)

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#3 2008-08-22 19:53:07

archenemyfan
Website

YAY!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
I really need some criticism on this one, and I am so grateful that you looked at it! THANK YOU THANK YOU!
And yes, I will be using a lot of Area 51 mythology and all to create this story.
Too bad Pickle on ww.com talked shite about it because now I'm not getting any replies. (Thanks asshole)

If you are a true werewolf believer, join this site! (I'm Archy there too!) http://z3.invisionfree.com/Werewolf_Home/index.php?

#4 2008-10-03 14:49:08

archenemyfan
Website

Alright, I'll post Chapter 1 tonight, so you can all enjoy! smile

#5 2008-10-05 23:34:18

archenemyfan
Website

Alright. Here it is. Also, before you begin please note THAT I HAVE SUSPENDED THE PROJECT FROM CHAPTER 5 BECAUSE OF MY OTHER LIFE, BESIDES INTERNET, SO I'LL BE POSTING RARELY. AND PLEASE GIVE SOME CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. AND THIS IS UNEDITED.

Chapter 1

Negotiations

Col. Woodwright stood outside facing the city. It was not only magnificent but beautiful as well. The beauty of the desert was surely unmistaken. It would determine who would live and who would suffer, in times of hardship. Here, the desert cooperated with many others. People, all over the nation, came to the Aviation Nation Air Show here at the base. It was an amazing experience, almost like if you were meeting someone famous. But instead, you see how the nation became strong with nothing but technology and their flying machines. Some took it for granted that they use the equipment everyday for work. Others only used it like it was their garbage.
    As Col. Woodwright spaced himself out on the beauty, not wanting to answer any questions the government officials may have. But unfortunately, as always, they ask.
    “Excuse me sir, we would like to ask you a couple of questions,” one of the government officials said. Woodwright noticed that they had silver briefcases.
    “Fair enough,” Woodwright replied.

The group of three headed into one of the hangars, that was known as the Thunderbird Hangar, where the U.S. Thunderbird planes were housed. They walked into the hangar and followed the wall to a staircase, which led them to a small second story office. One of the officials closed the door behind him and locked it. As Colonel Woodwright sat down, the officials started to speak. They both stuck there hands out to shake them.
    “I’m Agent Y,” one official said. He shook his hand with Woodwright.

“And I’m Agent Z,” the other said. He also shook his hand with Woodwright.

“Colonel, you probably know why we’re here, and you know why we have been here before…” Agent Y said.

“Yes, I do. And what are your questions?” Woodwright asked dully.

They both chuckled briefly. Woodwright thought What? What is this? Immediately after they finished, Agent Z began to speak, “We have no questions for you this time-”

“That’s great! Would you like to-”

“Please, don’t interrupt,” Agent Y pleaded, “Let him finish.”

They diverted his attention to Agent Z this time. “We need to negotiate a few things with you, Colonel.”

“Okay…What do you need?”

Agent Z placed his briefcase on the table and opened it. He took out a folder and slid it in front of Woodwright. Woodwright looked up at Agent Z, who nodded, and looked back to the folder. He knew what this was about.
    “Every time we tried to get access to Area 51, we couldn’t. Even with the help of the CIA and the DIA, we still failed. And we have found that you have locked us out of the military base, and we have proof,” Agent Y stated.

“I did that because you don’t need to be there,” Woodwright said.

“And why did you do this?” Agent Y asked.

“Because you aren’t part of an armed forces agency, so you have no right to be there.”

“Oh, we have every right to be there, we’re part of the government,” Agent Z replied.

Woodwright knew that they aren’t going to leave until they get what the wanted. So why try? There’s nothing that can stop them. Before speaking again, he sighed and finally said, “Alright, the reason why we have done that is because there is a secret military project going on in the DUMB.”

“DUMB?” Agent Y was unfamiliar with the acronym.

“Deep Underground Military Base,” Woodwright stated, “Those projects are highly classified and we can’t have anyone else in there.”

“Well, the reason we’ve came here is to show you what is in that folder. Why don’t you take a peep?” Agent Z insisted.

Woodwright rummaged through the folder and found a transcript from the White House. It read:
The Untitled Military Project regarding extraterrestrial beings is highly classified and should not be revealed to the public. However, after a radio talk show host interviewed a former Area 51 employee in September of 1997, the employee did reveal that “they wanted the major population centers wiped out” and that “they are doing nothing to prevent it.” I have also received word that the CIA has intercepted messages sent between and Unidentified Flying Object and Area 51’s satellites. It is time that we must find out what the military is inspecting/building/discovering in Area 51’s DUMB. It has been long enough and we must look into the base for ourselves and for the sake of the nation.

Signed,
President George W. Bush

Colonel Woodwright was shocked. How can the President force him to see what’s inside? He could just tell him instead…But would he take it the lies? His head was filling with so many thoughts on how to get out of this situation, it was not pretty.
    “Dammit,” he muttered under his breath.

Finally, he asked the agents, “Is there anything else?”

#6 2008-10-10 23:14:03

archenemyfan
Website

Chapter 2

Planning For The Future

John sat at the wooden table with a receipt in his hands, waiting for his friends to show up. No matter where he and his friends went, they always met at the Mexteca Grill first, to grab something to eat. The restaurant’s specialty was Mexican food, and that’s all they sold. Everything from churros to enchiladas to tacos. The delicious food was always satisfying and it hit the spot no matter what. It was the best feeling after you hadn’t eaten it for months. Yet, it was less expensive than Subway, but more expensive than Burger King. Finally, his order was called and he proceeded to obtain it. As he walked to the counter, his foot got caught between a chair leg. He untangled his leg and immediately grabbed his food. It was steaming hot.
    As he chewed on his chicken taco, his friends, Dan, Amanda, and Olivia walked in. The warm air from the outside rushed in dominated the cool air inside the food establishment. “And I thought I wouldn’t see you again!” Dan yelled out.

“Well,” John said, with food in his mouth, “You are.”

“But it’s weird, we’re seniors now!” Amanda stated.

“I know, and it’s so cool!” Olivia agreed.

As the three pulled out a chair, they sat down and they started to chat. They chatted about school, and how they’re out for the summer. They talked about being friends after school and discussing each other’s future that lies ahead. Before they knew it, they were talking for at least an hour and they decided to order food. As they started to talk with John again, time flied by and their orders were up. They retrieved the steaming food, careful not to drop or spill any of it. To them, this food was treated like gold; it was always amazing. After they finished eating together, they refilled their drinks and started to talk more. That’s when John decided to finally talk about why they were meeting. Although, usually they would go out to the Strip or somewhere in Vegas after eating. “Alright, now I wanted to talk to you guys about something really cool,” John commented.

“Okay…Keep going,” Amanda said.

“Well, as you know, Area 51 has been the center of attention on the news and the radio stations, right?”

“Yes, I heard them air something this morning,” Dan agreed.
    “Well, I did research to see if it was true and I also found something else out,” John stated.

“Which is?” Olivia asked.

“Area 51’s base is entirely empty. No one is there.”

“Why would no one be there?” Dan wondered.

“Well, there are a lot of theories, but probably the best and most reasonable one is contamination. The other theories say aliens, of course, the government abandoned the projects and/or relocated to somewhere else, and something happened causing everyone and the staff surrounding the area to evacuate. By ‘something’ meaning we don’t know.”

“Interesting,” Amanda said. It sounded like she was very interested and near convinced.

“I know and what’s even more interesting is that we can actually sneak in without getting caught.”

That’s when their eyebrows raised. Sneak into Area 51? And not get caught? What irony. Why would anyone want to get a one way trip to jail?
    “Hold on a minute, if we get caught, we would go to jail and sign away rights or whatever to talk about what we saw. We would get in deep trouble, and that’s not good,” Dan disagreed.

“That’s why I actually went there for myself, and I didn’t get caught.”

The group of three looked like they just saw a ghost. They seemed shocked, horrified, or maybe worse. At first, they didn’t think it was true, but surely enough, it was logical, and it was a mystery. John told them the ‘camo dudes’-guards at the boarder- weren’t there, so he kept on driving past the boarder, originally ending up past the guard shack-where no one was also there- and then he finally saw the base for himself. The hangars were visible from the hill and nothing stirred. The lights weren’t on, there wasn’t any activity there whatsoever. This made a big deal, and John got more excited, finally planning a trip to Area 51, with a video camera to document the experience. After telling his tale, Dan, Amanda, and Olivia looked more interested but more spooked about it. Area 51 was a mystery that was kept secret, and even if it is so secret, why does the government deny its existence and why does the base show up on Russian satellites?
After ending the tale, John decided to teach them with his knowledge, and they seemed very convinced and interested in the topic as well. “Okay, so the reason why Area 51 was named ‘Area 51’ was because of old government maps that labeled the desert by sectors called “areas.” So, when the Lockheed-Martin company owner, and his flier, needed a dry lake bed to test the U2 spy plane and others, he found Groom Lake, which is the dry lake bed the base is on currently. Then, a CIA-owned company had parts nearby to build a base, so the government helped build the base. Since it was built in the Nellis Testing Range, it is also known to the government as the Nellis Range Complex. And on your way to the base, there are sensors along the side of the road that alert the guards that you’re coming, and enthusiasts and theorists say the technology is so advanced, they can even smell you coming. They have cameras, road sensors, satellites, high-powered binoculars, and much more.”

“That’s just insane. So, what do you want to do?” Dan asked.

“Well, I’m working with the research team up in Rachel, and I’m going to explore the base with them. I wanted to know if you wanted to come with me.”

#7 2008-10-11 14:42:54

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Interesting Beginning, Archy. Chapter one feels like a prologue, keeping the situation unclear as to whether the Agents or the Colonel are going to be in the story further. However, the kids in chapter 2 definitely are introducing a plot point. The pace is appropriate for the scenes, and the story flow is progressing decently. You've set the scene quickly and efficiently, putting in a little bit of detail but staying focused on the storytelling. Good job, there.

I personally haven't done any research on your story focus, but I find it suspicious that a secluded, isolated military installment would have its own set of satellites, and also that the base would be completely abandoned but still intact enough for exploration. Realistically, with all the constant scrutiny and public eyes that are constantly watching Area 51 any way they can, I doubt the military would abandon it completely, especially if there was a large danger unleashed inside. Of course, that's just my viewpoint.
However, here's an idea or two that might quell said uncertainties. You could have guards or some kind of automated 'gun-bots' on the access points at least, to give the illusion that the base is still being used. That could give you the chance at a few obstacles for the group to overcome, and maybe some tension and suspense in getting to their goal. You could also try something like fervent civilians, perhaps members of the research team in Rachel, have noticed the base was actually being abandoned regardless of the guards' posting, causing John to simply get through a less secure point and take a closer look. The kids could all agree to go because it's their last summer together and they want to go out with a bang, so to speak.
  Again, it's up to you. Just a thought at adding a bit of conflict and cause to the plot..

I did find a few grammar and spelling anomalies, but it's likely that a word processor would pick them up for you.

Even so, you have an interesting idea here, and your story is developing nicely. Good job!

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#8 2008-10-12 20:44:59

archenemyfan
Website

Grayle wrote:

Interesting Beginning, Archy. Chapter one feels like a prologue, keeping the situation unclear as to whether the Agents or the Colonel are going to be in the story further. However, the kids in chapter 2 definitely are introducing a plot point. The pace is appropriate for the scenes, and the story flow is progressing decently. You've set the scene quickly and efficiently, putting in a little bit of detail but staying focused on the storytelling. Good job, there.

I personally haven't done any research on your story focus, but I find it suspicious that a secluded, isolated military installment would have its own set of satellites, and also that the base would be completely abandoned but still intact enough for exploration. Realistically, with all the constant scrutiny and public eyes that are constantly watching Area 51 any way they can, I doubt the military would abandon it completely, especially if there was a large danger unleashed inside. Of course, that's just my viewpoint.
However, here's an idea or two that might quell said uncertainties. You could have guards or some kind of automated 'gun-bots' on the access points at least, to give the illusion that the base is still being used. That could give you the chance at a few obstacles for the group to overcome, and maybe some tension and suspense in getting to their goal. You could also try something like fervent civilians, perhaps members of the research team in Rachel, have noticed the base was actually being abandoned regardless of the guards' posting, causing John to simply get through a less secure point and take a closer look. The kids could all agree to go because it's their last summer together and they want to go out with a bang, so to speak.
  Again, it's up to you. Just a thought at adding a bit of conflict and cause to the plot..

I did find a few grammar and spelling anomalies, but it's likely that a word processor would pick them up for you.

Even so, you have an interesting idea here, and your story is developing nicely. Good job!

Thanks! This was already written, and I am only on Chapter 5, so I haven't totally finished this story, but I am posting it so we can all see how things are moving. smile
And I've done so much research on Area 51 that I can tell you almost anything weird about it. The only thing is we don't totally know what's there, so that makes it easy for me to put in whatever I want to go with the plot and the story. smile I have many plans, yet I'm not going to reveal them like this (me commenting on my own story; being my own critic) however, I will reveal it in the chapters. I have to admit that everything up to Chapter 4 is pretty much boring and dull, but it's going to get into the good parts real soon! smile

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely take it! smile And I use word processor to type it, and I do spell checks and I have an excellent use of the English language, so that's what lacked me from checking it thoroughly. wink

Again, thanks for the interest and Chapter 3 will be posted soon!

Arch

Last edited by archenemyfan (2008-10-12 20:46:06)

Board footer